Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Announcing Galaxycoin - GLX, the new PoW/PoS coin, no premine! - page 15. (Read 100424 times)

Activity: 538
Merit: 500
Hello
You can get some GLX at coins-e.com, not many sells there though, pretty strong buying.

I'd wait for cryptsy. It's on the No.2 of their future list.

Might I ask, how do you see cryptsy's future list??

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net
I downloaded the wallet how do I solo mine.  There's no option on the Wallet to mine?

Thanks.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
You can get some GLX at coins-e.com, not many sells there though, pretty strong buying.

Great, thanks.
Activity: 588
Merit: 250

legendary
www.ixcoin.net
GalaxyCoin is now listed on Coins-E
https://www.coins-e.com/exchange/GLX_BTC

Cheers

Awesome but the bid and ask are $0.  No price whatsoever.

What did you expect? It is a free market. The price is determined by the buyers and sellers.

I know.  Hard to determine a price for your 13,000 coins when there's no bid.

wow great... last trade at 0.000005, very low price IMO, I will buy some there. Once it goes to cryptsy, price will be a lot higher. It is in the 2nd in cryptsy's future list... Wink

How do you send money to cryptcy or do you just send other coins from your home computer?  Let me know when you see any GLX that cheap cause at that price I'd buy some too.  I don't want a lot. 30,000 coins would be good.

I'm expecting a massive explosion in alt coins by next year and all or most alt coins will go up so any decent looking coin I'm looking to buy or mine but right now I have no miners.  I've got some on order.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
This is a great coin to mine. We are told by cryptsy that it is on their list. Hope soon they will add it.

Arlington,

Do you need to do a hard fork to change the diff retarget.  Your number choices are all great but I think if you go from retarget from the average of every 10 blocks to average of every 21 blocks you'd solve a lot of your orphaned coin issues and still keep enough oscillation to make the coin fun.

Just an idea.  

Also, you're doing a flat 8 year deal and I did a flat 7 year deal but people are flipping out about after those years are over the coin will have serious issues with security or something like that.  How did you get around that issue cause I didn't see it on your first page or are some people just clueless?

I mean, ixCoin has less than 18 months left of mining left in it and then that's it and I don't see anyone flipping out about it.  I'm not a coder so I don't understand these things plus i'm new and i'm trying to learn.  TIA.
Vlad interesting ideas... I don't want to change GLX' parameters for now. It's running great, of course it has some issues about the orphans, we'll see if there are any ways to reduce it. thanks for your suggestions.

Good luck with your coin man, you've got a great attitude (unlike me) and I have a good feeling about your coin.  Besides mining my coin I'm hoping mine hours especially since mine still has code problems.

Good luck.
Activity: 476
Activity: 476
This is a great coin to mine. We are told by cryptsy that it is on their list. Hope soon they will add it.

Arlington,

Do you need to do a hard fork to change the diff retarget.  Your number choices are all great but I think if you go from retarget from the average of every 10 blocks to average of every 21 blocks you'd solve a lot of your orphaned coin issues and still keep enough oscillation to make the coin fun.

Just an idea.  

Also, you're doing a flat 8 year deal and I did a flat 7 year deal but people are flipping out about after those years are over the coin will have serious issues with security or something like that.  How did you get around that issue cause I didn't see it on your first page or are some people just clueless?

I mean, ixCoin has less than 18 months left of mining left in it and then that's it and I don't see anyone flipping out about it.  I'm not a coder so I don't understand these things plus i'm new and i'm trying to learn.  TIA.
Vlad interesting ideas... I don't want to change GLX' parameters for now. It's running great, of course it has some issues about the orphans, we'll see if there are any ways to reduce it. thanks for your suggestions.

Cheers

What did you expect? It is a free market. The price is determined by the buyers and sellers.

wow great... last trade at 0.000005, very low price IMO, I will buy some there. Once it goes to cryptsy, price will be a lot higher. It is in the 2nd in cryptsy's future list... Wink
legendary
www.ixcoin.net

Cheers

Activity: 129
Merit: 12

Cheers

legendary
www.ixcoin.net
This is a nice coin, very distinct compared to the others

I'm curious, what makes it distinct?  TIA.

what makes it distinct is mainly the diff algorithm. It uses a new algorithm so the diff instead of fixed with the hashrate, it oscillates around the value corresponding to the hashrate. This roller coaster way of the diff makes it possible to mine solo at a relatively high hashrate even without a mining pool. But it also causes problems like high orphans especially during the low diff phase.

I am not sure this algorithm is superior to others, but it's a nice experiment I guess. I can mine 5-6 blocks per hour by solo mining it, which is not bad.

Also it is a PoW/PoS coin, and I already received a couple of PoS blocks, of 0.05-0.10 each. Smiley

How many coins in a block?  What rig snd what MH are you getting?

What do you mean, I thought PoW and PoS was just code to stabilize the code.  Inure saying this coins is already worth between 5 and 10 cents?   If so on what exchange?  And why are only the PoS coins worth that, aren't the PoW coins worth the same?

Sorry, I'm not very computer literate and I'm new and I launched my own coin and it was coded all wrong it still doesn't work so I'm trying to learn all this.  I tried doing a diff that was smooth but also with some oscillation (mine was so smooth it didn't need PoS) and threw in Golden Blocks (I had never heard of super blocks before) to make 12 random fun lotteries worth 10,000 coins every 2 hours compared to 49 coins every 70 seconds.  But the blocks don't work so nobody cares about the coin.

If you could answer the questions at the top of this post I'd appreciate it so much.

64 coins in a block, my hashrate about 1.2-1.3Mh/s.

PoS is like interest in the bank. 0.05-0.10GLX is what I get for PoS blocks, not much but will get more over the time.

Random blocks you can insert any time, not related to the diff, good examples include DMD and STR, all PoW/PoS with random blocks.

Ok, thanks, what GPU card(s) so you have?  My rig will have like a $150 Asus Radeon GPU.  Not every high end.  What do you think?  Thanks.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net

Cheers

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

what makes it distinct is mainly the diff algorithm. It uses a new algorithm so the diff instead of fixed with the hashrate, it oscillates around the value corresponding to the hashrate. This roller coaster way of the diff makes it possible to mine solo at a relatively high hashrate even without a mining pool. But it also causes problems like high orphans especially during the low diff phase.

I am not sure this algorithm is superior to others, but it's a nice experiment I guess. I can mine 5-6 blocks per hour by solo mining it, which is not bad.

Also it is a PoW/PoS coin, and I already received a couple of PoS blocks, of 0.05-0.10 each. Smiley

What do you mean, I thought PoW and PoS was just code to stabilize the code.  Inure saying this coins is already worth between 5 and 10 cents?   If so on what exchange?  And why are only the PoS coins worth that, aren't the PoW coins worth the same?

Sorry, I'm not very computer literate and I'm new and I launched my own coin and it was coded all wrong it still doesn't work so I'm trying to learn all this.  I tried doing a diff that was smooth but also with some oscillation (mine was so smooth it didn't need PoS) and threw in Golden Blocks (I had never heard of super blocks before) to make 12 random fun lotteries worth 10,000 coins every 2 hours compared to 49 coins every 70 seconds.  But the blocks don't work so nobody cares about the coin.

If you could answer the questions at the top of this post I'd appreciate it so much.

64 coins in a block, my hashrate about 1.2-1.3Mh/s.

PoS is like interest in the bank. 0.05-0.10GLX is what I get for PoS blocks, not much but will get more over the time.

Random blocks you can insert any time, not related to the diff, good examples include DMD and STR, all PoW/PoS with random blocks.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net

Arlington,

Just an idea.  

legendary
www.ixcoin.net
I got 13,000 GLX for sale. PM me with your offers in LTC or BTC

RoboLove and flyingCat,

You both have 13,000 coins to sell.  How much do you want?  I don't have a lot of bitcoins but I have some devcoins I can sell but the price has to be great cause without an exchange this coin could very well dissapeared tomorrow.  I'm currently accumulating ixCoins which are very limited in supply and the bid is currently $.003, (or 26,000 per BTC 1) so I use that as a comparison price for new coin prices which are not on exchanges.

There's now 2 new coins popping up everyday, many coins will come and go overnight.

I'm also curious what rigs you're using and if you're mining solo.  I'm getting like a $900 weak-ish rig setup tomorrow and besides mining my coin (since nobody else is cause its malfunctioning) I'd like to mine galaxy coin.  I have a good feeling about this coin.  Maybe the high orphan coin issue can be fixed with a raise in the diff retarget to 21 from 10 but I don't know if that requires a hard fork which would mean a no-go.  People seem happy with the blocks they're getting now so can't wait to start mining this.

legendary
www.ixcoin.net

legendary
www.ixcoin.net
Yes, I've been mining it without a pool, going on well, though there are some orphans.

How many coins are you getting solo mining per day?  What rig and what MH?  TIA.
Pages:
Jump to: