Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Announcing Galaxycoin - GLX, the new PoW/PoS coin, no premine! - page 16. (Read 100424 times)

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net
This is a nice coin, very distinct compared to the others

I'm curious, what makes it distinct?  TIA.
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
This is a nice coin, very distinct compared to the others
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
This is a great coin to mine. We are told by cryptsy that it is on their list. Hope soon they will add it.

yes!
Activity: 476
This is a great coin to mine. We are told by cryptsy that it is on their list. Hope soon they will add it.
Activity: 255
I got 13,000 GLX for sale. PM me with your offers in LTC or BTC
I hope some exchange will list GLX soon
Activity: 129
Merit: 12
I got 13,000 GLX for sale. PM me with your offers in LTC or BTC
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
Are you guys solo mining fine? I don't know why client not work well. It will stop response 40 second in 1 min. So cgminer wiil show pool dead than show live. After  few second show dead again. I already try client versoin 1.1 and 1.2 are same. Guys, please help me find out what is going on? Thanks.
yes a great coin to mine
Activity: 255
funny coin to mine, nice feeling to be on roller coaster.
Activity: 1073
Merit: 666
agree. I like this one, though not from the beginning Smiley
Activity: 658
Yes, I've been mining it without a pool, going on well, though there are some orphans.
yes orphan may be an issue, but that's the results from diff swing, probably can't do much about it.
I can live with some orphans, as long as I get some blocks.
Activity: 434
Yes, I've been mining it without a pool, going on well, though there are some orphans.
yes orphan may be an issue, but that's the results from diff swing, probably can't do much about it.
Activity: 65
I like this coin, mining it is fun
Activity: 766
Merit: 621
Own ONION
where could exchange.
no exchange yet, I hope soon will be cryptsy..
well I hope soon too Smiley
Activity: 434
where could exchange.
no exchange yet, I hope soon will be cryptsy..
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
where could exchange.
Activity: 766
Merit: 621
Own ONION
seem the higher diff is pretty high now. Still get some blocks, but slower.
Activity: 476
I am having a total nightmare with this coin. So I tried with the galaxycoin.conf file with the addnodes and that didn't work. So then I follow this advice...

Blockchain seems to be functional and my wallet syncs fine without adding a conf file or any nodes now.  Just delete the galaxycoin folder in appdata if the sync fails and try again, 20 connections to the network.

...and when the new wallet opens it doesn't have my old address, so even if I let it sync, my coins aren't going to appear. So then I restore the galaxycoin appdata folder from my recycle bin and now I get this when I run the qt...

A fatal error occurred. Galaxycoin can no longer continue safely and will quit.
EXCEPTION: St13runtime_error
CDB() : can't open database file blkindex.dat, error 22
C:\Users\miner\Downloads\galaxycoin12\galaxycoin\galaxycoin-qt.exe in Runaway exception

I do have a copy of the old wallet.dat but that was made when the wallet wouldn't sync and had about 1500 coins in it. There are about another 2000 coins that I would have had from a pool but since the wallet wasn't syncing I never got them. Is there any way I can sort this out or is it all borked now?

weird... I did not have problem with the sync. You may want to clean up the config dir except the peers.dat, wallet.dat and galaxycoin.conf (don't delete the 3 files, especially don't delete the wallet). Then restart the qt client, it should sync fine.

I had once problem that it seems to stuck in the middle of the sync, then I did the above, everything is sync'd fine.

What I see is that for pow/pos coins, the sync seems slower compared to the pow only coins.

Nice one. Cheers guys. The combination of the above and the addnodes has now sorted it. Now back to mining some.

Glad your problem solved. And it's great some start receiving stake blocks Wink
Pages:
Jump to: