Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ArtByte - the cryptocurrency for the arts! - page 38. (Read 143292 times)

legendary
Activity: 1156
Merit: 1000
Reminder  - ArtByte is scheduled for it's first halving in about 3 weeks, from an award of 800 to 400 per block.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

As I recall you are only seeing those unconfirmed transactions when they come from the faucet. Most faucet transactions confirm quickly, but sometimes they show unconfirmed. We are seeing that all other (non-faucet) transactions confirm normally. The problem is in the wallet at the faucet. Many days the faucet gets 1000+ requests a day. The system simply can't handle the load. We go in and clean up the wallet twice per week and that keeps the faucet working most of the time.

We are looking at a better longterm solution other than our routine maintenance to solve the problem. But since the faucet is just a free give-away program, we have not devoted the resources to fixing it completely.

You can test this by sending or receiving normal transactions to and from user wallets, and you will always see quick confirmations.

Great. Thanks for the tip. I guess it was an issue at the AppleByte orchard after all. I am going to try out sending some ABY to another wallet and see if it gets confirmed.  Smiley
legendary
Those are promising news for AppleByte. However, I am still facing issues with the wallet regarding my pending ABY balance. I have tried everything from resyncing the wallet, rescanning and even deleting blockchain data files to start sync all over. Even after many attempts, I have not managed to find a solution to this problem. Any help, please?  Sad

As I recall you are only seeing those unconfirmed transactions when they come from the faucet. Most faucet transactions confirm quickly, but sometimes they show unconfirmed. We are seeing that all other (non-faucet) transactions confirm normally. The problem is in the wallet at the faucet. Many days the faucet gets 1000+ requests a day. The system simply can't handle the load. We go in and clean up the wallet twice per week and that keeps the faucet working most of the time.

We are looking at a better longterm solution other than our routine maintenance to solve the problem. But since the faucet is just a free give-away program, we have not devoted the resources to fixing it completely.

You can test this by sending or receiving normal transactions to and from user wallets, and you will always see quick confirmations.
legendary

ArtByte still has a very large and growing community of artists and art lovers on social media. To best see what is going on with us, follow ArtByte Twitter

We have always believed that the user community is the key that will determine longterm success. Because of this, we don't often post on BitcoinTalk. It is the artist and art lovers who matter to us, not the currency speculators.

We are currently working on many programs, but they are focused on continuing to make the user experience easier and more simple for non-techno geeks. Current projects include:

- A rewrite of the main site ArtByte.me, clearly communicating how ArtByte serves as a token of appreciation given to artists, which they can exchange for cash, gift cards etc. Here are some recent projects:
 - Our site, ArtByte Store was recoded to provide a faster/easier way for ordinary users to get ArtBytes
 - We reworked our music site ArtByte Music Store to make it easier for musicians to list their music.
 - We reworked the faucet to handle a larger load as we were hitting highs of 1000 users a day on the site.
 - We upgraded the pool server to handle it's higher load.
 - Implementing our AML/KYC compliance program as required in the USA.

As you can see our focus is on the user experience, not developing some new algorithm, etc. that will excite the BitcoinTalk community, but make no difference to our users. If you recall, we combined features of Dash, Peercoin and Litecoin when we coded ArtByte. Our base code is fast and stable from the beginning.

Those are promising news for AppleByte. However, I am still facing issues with the wallet regarding my pending ABY balance. I have tried everything from resyncing the wallet, rescanning and even deleting blockchain data files to start sync all over. Even after many attempts, I have not managed to find a solution to this problem. Any help, please?  Sad
legendary
I would also like to know if there are any updates for ABY, it feels like the development has slowed down and there hasn't been a whole lot of news lately. It is a shame because the idea behind the coin was pretty nice and it seems there was a bit of community behind it also (tho not that much here on bitcointalk).

ArtByte still has a very large and growing community of artists and art lovers on social media. To best see what is going on with us, follow ArtByte Twitter

We have always believed that the user community is the key that will determine longterm success. Because of this, we don't often post on BitcoinTalk. It is the artist and art lovers who matter to us, not the currency speculators.

We are currently working on many programs, but they are focused on continuing to make the user experience easier and more simple for non-techno geeks. Current projects include:

- A rewrite of the main site ArtByte.me, clearly communicating how ArtByte serves as a token of appreciation given to artists, which they can exchange for cash, gift cards etc. Here are some recent projects:
 - Our site, ArtByte Store was recoded to provide a faster/easier way for ordinary users to get ArtBytes
 - We reworked our music site ArtByte Music Store to make it easier for musicians to list their music.
 - We reworked the faucet to handle a larger load as we were hitting highs of 1000 users a day on the site.
 - We upgraded the pool server to handle it's higher load.
 - Implementing our AML/KYC compliance program as required in the USA.

As you can see our focus is on the user experience, not developing some new algorithm, etc. that will excite the BitcoinTalk community, but make no difference to our users. If you recall, we combined features of Dash, Peercoin and Litecoin when we coded ArtByte. Our base code is fast and stable from the beginning.

legendary
What is the advantage of having an Currency for Arts? is there any other ideas around?

The power of a focused community of artists and art lovers is why having their own currency works. We have been very successful in building a community through social media supporting and promoting the artists accepting artbytes, as well as overcoming artist's reluctance to use Bitcoin (from all the negative press it has received).

I answered that question in detail in this in depth presentation for artists and investors (see the first five slides):

ArtByte Presentation

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1007
Interesting idea. Yes the same person developed them both. I will give him a call.

Any update?

I would like to know that too since I have been facing issues with the wallet lately regarding my balance to become confirmed. It still says pending and I cannot use that balance from within my ABY wallet  Sad

I was hoping that there could be a repairwallet or checkwallet command from within the debug window, but I guess that the dev missed that part. Due to this fact, I will not buy or use ABY until there is a solution for it. Still, I will hold my ABY safely on a paper wallet for future reference.  Smiley

I would also like to know if there are any updates for ABY, it feels like the development has slowed down and there hasn't been a whole lot of news lately. It is a shame because the idea behind the coin was pretty nice and it seems there was a bit of community behind it also (tho not that much here on bitcointalk). I really hope everything is ok and that ABY will continue its way forward and continue as it has just with bigger user base.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 253
What is the advantage of having an Currency for Arts? is there any other ideas around?
Activity: 338
Merit: 250
Is there any update coming? Hey dev First.Bitcoins, do you have a roadmap in place for ArtByte?
legendary
Interesting idea. Yes the same person developed them both. I will give him a call.

Any update?

I would like to know that too since I have been facing issues with the wallet lately regarding my balance to become confirmed. It still says pending and I cannot use that balance from within my ABY wallet  Sad

I was hoping that there could be a repairwallet or checkwallet command from within the debug window, but I guess that the dev missed that part. Due to this fact, I will not buy or use ABY until there is a solution for it. Still, I will hold my ABY safely on a paper wallet for future reference.  Smiley

Any update?
legendary
What do you think about approaching libertymusicstore.net to implement artbyte on their website as well? This way, artbyte can gain traction by leveraging on the traffic of libertymusicstore. Their service is pretty much the same as music.artbyte.me, in fact it's built by the same person.
legendary

pending refers to either mined or minted coins. they should be available after x amount of blocks (depending on coin specs)

security certificate for has expired
http://music.artbyte.me/

But the issue is that I have waited after a certain amount of blocks and still nothing. Everyday, I sync the wallet and try to make a rescan (also tried a re indexing of the block chain) but still no luck. I have even deleted the block chain data from within the appdata directory and the issue remains the same. By not having a repairwallet or checkwallet command from within the debug window, I cannot verify or repair such issue.  Sad

do you have more info on those coins? what is the transactions associated with them?
unless the chain hasnt moved since this problem started, they should not be pending.

All I know is that those coins come from AppleBytes (ArtByte) orchard. I just go and place my address in there everyday for free ABY. But still, I have around 600 ABY pending. It would be great if I could repair my wallet from within the client, but I guess that dev missed the part to add repairwallet command.  Sad
legendary
Activity: 1204
to your stations, man the pineapples!!!

pending refers to either mined or minted coins. they should be available after x amount of blocks (depending on coin specs)

But the issue is that I have waited after a certain amount of blocks and still nothing. Everyday, I sync the wallet and try to make a rescan (also tried a re indexing of the block chain) but still no luck. I have even deleted the block chain data from within the appdata directory and the issue remains the same. By not having a repairwallet or checkwallet command from within the debug window, I cannot verify or repair such issue.  Sad

do you have more info on those coins? what is the transactions associated with them?
unless the chain hasnt moved since this problem started, they should not be pending.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1204
to your stations, man the pineapples!!!
ArtByte is pretty cool but the only thing is that there is not much trading activity going in the exchanges. But in the bright side, price is extremely cheap which makes it good for micro payments. There are some commands that are missing in the wallet (ABY client) like repairwallet and checkwallet. I have an issue regarding to my available balance in which part of it says pending.

Even if I did the rescan or reindex of the blockchain, this issue is still not fixed.  Sad

legendary
ArtByte is pretty cool but the only thing is that there is not much trading activity going in the exchanges. But in the bright side, price is extremely cheap which makes it good for micro payments. There are some commands that are missing in the wallet (ABY client) like repairwallet and checkwallet. I have an issue regarding to my available balance in which part of it says pending.

Even if I did the rescan or reindex of the blockchain, this issue is still not fixed.  Sad

Screenshot:

P.S: Wallet is fully synced.
legendary
Our tests show it is working.

Can you please be more specific. What do you mean by "not working"?

- You can not browse it?
- You can not buy music?
- You can not signup as a musician?
your artist music store, music.artbyte.me is not even working.
Pages:
Jump to: