Author

Topic: [ANN] Bancor | Protocol for Smart-tokens, solving the liquidity problem - page 270. (Read 375744 times)

Activity: 176
Merit: 100
I don't understand. Bancor ICO ended but anyone can buy Bancor from:
https://www.bancor.network/bnt
CURRENT PRICE based on what? And I can buy large amounts of Bancor at that price?
CURRENT PRICE is cheaper than price on the exchanges.
That why Whales don't pump Bancor, because anyone can get Bancor at cheap price.   Huh

Current price is based on buys and sells through the BNT smart token. Read whitepaper to get a better understanding.

Whales don't dump because they would be paying the price of their dump, thanks to bancor's pricing algorithm processing each transaction as if it were an infinite number of small transactions, each changing the price of the next.

Activity: 176
It's very difficult for Bancor's price to increase. I have seen this time and again whenever somebody buys a large chunk of BNT on Bittrex and pushes the price up within minutes, the automated arbitrage bots bring the price down by arbitraging against the smart contract. I don't see how the price will increase.

That's one of the purposes of the Bancor protocol, to prevent spike/crash cycles and instead have gradual rises and falls.
Activity: 504
Merit: 251
CURRENT PRICE based on what? And I can buy large amounts of Bancor at that price?
That why Whales don't pump Bancor, because anyone can get Bancor at cheap price.   Huh

Read the whitepaper.
The price in the website is not determine by the buyer/seller. Its based on math formula.

And this token is not for pump n dump.
Activity: 131
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
Twitter: @FedKassad
Wow everyone is so fixated on the price. Bancor was through some major fud and survived almost without a scratch, this is always a great sign of strength. I've added recently BNT to my long term portfolio and have no plans of selling it anytime soon regardless of what the price does.
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
Need some information

Is the current price under the ICO price or above?

What's the ICO price per bancor? (with and without bonus)

Thanks!
There are no bonus or presale.
Everyone that invest in ico bought at 1eth= 100bnt
In fiat at that time is around 3.5$

And yes the current price is below ico price.

the price will only grow with the market price of the Ethereum tokens, then we were about$ 400. now a new round up, we look forward to new heights.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
For me, Bancor's ICO was unsuccessfull for investors. They could buy BNT from exchanges - and they can earn more than they take part ICO. ICO with big hard cup - bad ICO.

Its hardly 2 months Bancor hit exchange, coins like ETH took years to reach $300 level
give sometime to BNT project, it will payback handful
Activity: 308
I think BNT's main issue is that the smart contract provides huge liquidity which is otherwise not available even at major exchanges. Go to any high volume exchange and you will probably only see 4-5% of the available supply in the order book because most people don't actively trade their coins and/or are hodling. So it's easy to make the price spike or crash. With BNT, you need genuinely large volume to make the price move in either direction because most of the circulating supply is available in liquid form through the smart contract as BNT can be created or destroyed on demand.

It took me a while to figure this out but this can be both an advantage as well as disadvantage. It ensures the price doesn't fluctuate much but it also means you can't actively trade this coin or profit from it as easily. The only way to really profit is to keep holding BNT and hope that the demand rises steadily as more smart tokens use BNT as the reserve. It will be interesting to see how the price behaves once more tokens enter the scene and BNT is no longer pegged to ETH.
Joinin into converstation I hold BNT from exchange bought the cheepest:-). But the price is like glued to the floor.. Any particular reason?
Should I worry?
You could start reading the whitepaper and read the faq to understand how bancor price/value will increase.

If you looking for sudden pump x4-x10 without any reasons. That not gonna happen here.period.
Activity: 542
Merit: 101
Joinin into converstation I hold BNT from exchange bought the cheepest:-). But the price is like glued to the floor.. Any particular reason?
Should I worry?
Activity: 644
One Token to Move Anything Anywhere
On the road map in the near future is planned something positive?) Because the price of course is embarrassing, I have been waiting for so much from this project.

The smart token GNOBNT is going to be released soon :-)

How soon?) Days, weeks, months or years?)
Activity: 616
Merit: 252
On the road map in the near future is planned something positive?) Because the price of course is embarrassing, I have been waiting for so much from this project.

The smart token GNOBNT is going to be released soon :-)
Activity: 644
One Token to Move Anything Anywhere
sud
Activity: 826
Merit: 301
Exactly! Guys don't worry about the price so much right now, it's still an early stage of developement. Have you seen all the partnerships Bancor has made with other great blockchain projects? We can expect more and more token changers in the near future (like ANS/NEO, STN, ANT, CVC). Soon you won't have to depend on exchanges with bots and whales manipulating order books, instead you will be directly changing tokens on smart contracts without any hassle. Then all the Bancor Smart Tokens will have more value, just give the team some time.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 504
This is my point as well that team is talented and they know what actually they want to achieve and then deliver having so many resources to get those goals. We may expect sometime by the end of this month some updates because there were some talk about these on previous pages.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
Need some information

Thanks!

I think the current price is just about the ICO price. The ico price is 1EHT=100BNT, now the price is $3.3, and the ETH is just about $330, but a few weeks ago, the price was under the ICO price.

Don't worry. Bancor will rise above several billions market cap in time. The team is exceptional and the bag of money is almost unlimited. The price will go beyond ripple, but not yet. It's still to close to ICO.
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1001
Need some information

Thanks!

I think the current price is just about the ICO price. The ico price is 1EHT=100BNT, now the price is $3.3, and the ETH is just about $330, but a few weeks ago, the price was under the ICO price.
It's very difficult for Bancor's price to increase. I have seen this time and again whenever somebody buys a large chunk of BNT on Bittrex and pushes the price up within minutes, the automated arbitrage bots bring the price down by arbitraging against the smart contract. I don't see how the price will increase.
So why dont they buy from smart contract in first place?
Even if they buy from bittrex and arbitrge do their job buying cheap token in smart contract thus bring the both price to equilibrium there is still increase in price.
More token bought, higher the smart token contract price.

If you expect the manipulation pump n dump like others coin/token that can be done with merely few hundred btc... that not gonna happen with bancor.

Smart token contract cant be manipulate, the price will only increase with increase in token number.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
you will confess... when pump?  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1118

Yes, I believe you.  But ... Tell me, who benefits from cheap bancor?  Is it developers, traders, holders or someone else?
Jump to: