Author

Topic: [ANN] Bancor | Protocol for Smart-tokens, solving the liquidity problem - page 395. (Read 375744 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
http://cointedtoken.com/
whelp...at least ONE guy(/gal) believes in this project...

did a test send of only...500 eth.

who dares wins! Wink
anybody could've sent that 500 eth knowing it would get rejected. this project is hyped so hard out of the blue. It was that hype a month ago, they added some guy who built the crappy Euro and everyone is freaking out. damn am I becoming a junior member?

you say that but on the BAT sale they weren't just sending knowing it would get rejected.

idk if I'll put anything in have to watch the first few minutes since we're guaranteed an hour

'did a test send' is probably like many of the other ICO's...where hours before they keep sending knowing it hasn't started yet. idk if they're trying to just gunk stuff up or if they're checking something on their end. either way we'll see how this goes.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

who dares wins! Wink
anybody could've sent that 500 eth knowing it would get rejected. this project is hyped so hard out of the blue. It was that hype a month ago, they added some guy who built the crappy Euro and everyone is freaking out. damn am I becoming a junior member?

who dares wins! Wink
Are we going to see how much is collected as it comes in? I don't want anything to do with this if it is anywhere near 1m ether.

I'm assuming even if they don't have a ticker (which like every single one does today...I hate when they dont'...) you can just watch the contract address
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Activity: 88
Are we going to see how much is collected as it comes in? I don't want anything to do with this if it is anywhere near 1m ether.

Agree, 1m is too much, watching & decide
Activity: 546
Merit: 253
Activity: 141
really hard to make the right call how much to invest , either  the BNC will be 1usd or 7usd for Dev is always  win win with this contract...for investor is bit different in terms of roi

I'm checking how much funds will be raised tomorrow during the opening throughout the day. I hope funding is transparant and lively updated, to give indication if cap has been reached and what the market cap is, to determine roi.
If overfunded in the eyes of the investor regarding project progression, roi will be lower long term compared to other projects. On the contrary, low market cap is high returns on speculation short term and potentially damaging to project and team.

agreed I'll watch the contract as the hours draw near just to see if interest is there...it doesn't matter the project in the current market, if enough people are willing to throw money into it...that oddly enough is enough to float a token 5x in value. We're all valuing things (at least attempting to) logically, whereas new HUGE money coming into the cryptoscene over the next few years, who knows, will not be looking at 'is this token worth 3.50' they'll look and say oh they raised 50 million bucks or whatever in X days, and they'll think of how bitcoin and ether and dash and many others have gone for moon rides.

I think straight up fomo psychology is going to play, and might already BE playing, the biggest role in this strange bull market.

This only happens once or twice a lifetime...we might be looking at tulips here for 9/10 projects but it doesn't matter I'll trade tulips until I see sentiment getting weird.

(For those who don't understand the Tulip reference, just research Tulips and Dutch Golden Age...hope we're not looking at tulips here xD)
Activity: 154
Some kind of project like Coindash on the way. As I know, Bancor and Coindash is like platform for assets. What's the difference between Coindash and Bancor?
Activity: 154
I am worried I can't join the ICO ,you are so crazy ,
a lots of guys join the ICO and sell it quickly ,
and then join other ICO project

Just follow your judgement by yourself. Do or not Do.
Activity: 546
Merit: 253
Again, how do we know the cap is 1 million ether? source please?  Huh
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045
Bancor says if you're using MEW to access your wallet to send ether via "Keystore File". Would just using my private key be acceptable--rather use that than risk losing my USB at work. However I don't want to screw things up. If they say use "Keystore File" does that mean a transaction wouldn't go through if I used my private key instead?
No it does't mean that. Using the keystore file is, in general, more secure than copy-pasting your private key because you don't need to store your private keys in clipboard memory where it is accessible to other programs. However, as long as MEW is able to see your private key, either via the keystore file or via copy-pasting your private key, it can create and broadcast a transaction for you. In terms of the actual transmission of the transaction, it doesn't matter what type of signing you use, as long as the signature is valid, i.e. as long as either the keystore file or the private key are valid.
Activity: 85
Bancor says if you're using MEW to access your wallet to send ether via "Keystore File". Would just using my private key be acceptable--rather use that than risk losing my USB at work. However I don't want to screw things up. If they say use "Keystore File" does that mean a transaction wouldn't go through if I used my private key instead?
Activity: 210
Sorry guy I'm new to crypto and don't really understand how this all works. Is the supply unlimited or TBD?
Activity: 68
Deciding how much money to put into this has been really hard...

I love the concept, think it will be a great success. But I'm wondering if it's worth buying before ICO. Or waiting until after.

At this point the token price will be around $3.50 USD per BNT. If I'm correct(?)

Big price movements tend to be cooled off at that price

Buying before ico is pre-ico and that time has passed. Token price is indeed 1ETH/100 fiat price of ~$3.50.

I'm checking how much funds will be raised tomorrow during the opening throughout the day. I hope funding is transparant and lively updated, to give indication if cap has been reached and what the market cap is, to determine roi.
If overfunded in the eyes of the investor regarding project progression, roi will be lower long term compared to other projects. On the contrary, low market cap is high returns on speculation short term and potentially damaging to project and team.
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
this ICO doesn't have any bonuses but has massive cap... why rush? this ICO will last 14 days.

and for every token you buy, they will create 1 for them self:) NICE greedy shit

There is a reason to rush because most people think the 350 million USD will be gathered within the first hour.

I highly suspect "most people" do.
Bancor is like a startup at its early stage. There is no way it jump into a unicorn overnight.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Deciding how much money to put into this has been really hard...

I love the concept, think it will be a great success. But I'm wondering if it's worth buying before ICO. Or waiting until after.

At this point the token price will be around $3.50 USD per BNT. If I'm correct(?)

Big price movements tend to be cooled off at that price
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
I have never participated in something like this. How does this exactly work? I would just send them the eth and then what? How do I receive what I've paid for? I'll probably give this a try with a few euros to learn how something like this works, not sure yet if I should do a more important investment, specially being a noob, but I would like to know the basics because even if it's just a small amount I would rather not lose it. XD

Would they automatically send me the BNTs to my MEW account or do I need to do something else besides sending the eth to their address or what? Sorry if I'm making the dumbest questions on this site's history, I repeat that I'm just trying to learn how these things work.  Cheesy

If I send a couple of bucks worth of ether, will I own a yatch in the following months? Grin
You just need to send ETH from a wallet that you control, i.e. you're in possession of the private keys. Something like MEW works. Don't send from any exchanges, because you don't hold the private keys to the wallet.

BNT is an ERC20 token, which will add your address in the list of addresses if you send during the right window, based on the execution of the token sale smart contract. So you really don't need to do anything else. Your address will automatically get the appropriate amount of BNT.
Thanks.  Grin

It is very unlikely that if you send a couple of bucks worth of ether, you'll be able to own a yatch in the following months.
Cry Cry Cry Cry

EDIT: I was kidding, btw, just in case someone thought I was serious. XD
Activity: 392
Anything over 125-150 million in ICO funding is just pure greed. Lets hope they don't exceed that as the maximum.

Everyone knows this will hit the cap or 350 million.
Jump to: