Author

Topic: [ANN] Bancor | Protocol for Smart-tokens, solving the liquidity problem - page 394. (Read 375744 times)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0
I'm new to Etherium and using the Mist wallet.  I'd like to participate in this Bancor ICO, but I don't think this wallet has a way to set the Gas Limit which Bancor says is required to be 200,000.  The Mist wallet doesn't seem to display Gas anywhere let alone give me a way to set it.  I'm sure the command line does, but I'm not comfortable enough to use that.  Should I just ignore that requirement and hope for the best?
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
You can see the code here, according to this there is no specific block it will start, they will start it at the given time. Also one hour earlier is additional presale for those who decided to bought for 2,5 USD instead of 3,6 USD from Bitcoinsuisse and then normal ICO starts
https://etherscan.io/address/0xbbc79794599b19274850492394004087cbf89710#code
Activity: 537
How fast do you think the 350 000 000 cap is reached?
Activity: 616
Merit: 256
The excitement around the bankor has substantially raised
sud
Activity: 826
Merit: 301
So the price for people who are buying in the ICO is 3,5 USD and people who bought with Bitcoinsuisse paid about 2,5 USD? This is unfair.

That is correct. But everyone was able to buy cheaper from Bitcoinsuisse and use lock ETH option. Lucky those who did.

I think sharks have hijack the cryptospace, it is no more discentralised, if some people are given preference over other because they have inside agreement with the team, will Bancor team make such arrangement with me, if I can't raise $50,000 for their ICO
So the price for people who are buying in the ICO is 3,5 USD and people who bought with Bitcoinsuisse paid about 2,5 USD? This is unfair.

No offense but I feel like some of you are acting a bit entitled. Look it's simple free markets. First come first served. If you start a lemonade stand and are looking for investors, you're gonna give a cut to those who are there at the front of the line. 2.50 is not a massive jump to 3.50. It's not like it's double. Add in the fees and you're getting closer to 2.75 a coin through bitcoinsuisse.

this ico has brought out good and bad in people lots of fud and fomo

TBH price of 100 BNT is 1 ETH, so it depends when you bought your ether. For some ppl 1 BNT will be like 15 cents if they got ETH for 15$ few months ago.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

That is correct. But everyone was able to buy cheaper from Bitcoinsuisse and use lock ETH option. Lucky those who did.

I think sharks have hijack the cryptospace, it is no more discentralised, if some people are given preference over other because they have inside agreement with the team, will Bancor team make such arrangement with me, if I can't raise $50,000 for their ICO

No offense but I feel like some of you are acting a bit entitled. Look it's simple free markets. First come first served. If you start a lemonade stand and are looking for investors, you're gonna give a cut to those who are there at the front of the line. 2.50 is not a massive jump to 3.50. It's not like it's double. Add in the fees and you're getting closer to 2.75 a coin through bitcoinsuisse.

this ico has brought out good and bad in people lots of fud and fomo
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
For MyEtherWallet aren't Custom Token Address, Token Symbol, and Decimals needed in order to see received BNT tokens with View Wallet Info?
Assuming:
Custom Token Address = Contract address
Token Symbol = BNT
Decimals = ?
Activity: 2114
Merit: 530
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000
You also have to keep in mind that the bitcoinsuisse sale had fees associated with it (on top of all the complications of going through them, and not being available to US citizens). Don't feel bad if you didn't know about them or weren't able to purchase through them.
Activity: 392
So we will be able to transfer the tokens one week after the ICO?
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004
Did  you guys succeed to join the Bancor  ICO through    https://www.bitcoinsuisse.ch/bancor/

Nope waited for a very long time but I never was that lucky to get through them. Now I have to buy tokens a dollar more expensive.
Activity: 392

Activity: 334
Activity: 689
Merit: 102
how much gases do I have to indicate in the time of ETH sending?  It is written on the bancor site that to 200.000 but what that means? only 200000 or 100000 or 50000?  Wink

You are going to use Parity? I think just the amount they say. If you put more they won't allow the transaction. https://blog.bancor.network/how-to-contribute-to-the-bancor-protocol-fundraiser-4306654a1a08

thanks!  Wink
So is the starting block number not provided? Was hoping just to set Parity to the block number rather than a date/time.
Activity: 84
how much gases do I have to indicate in the time of ETH sending?  It is written on the bancor site that to 200.000 but what that means? only 200000 or 100000 or 50000?  Wink

You are going to use Parity? I think just the amount they say. If you put more they won't allow the transaction. https://blog.bancor.network/how-to-contribute-to-the-bancor-protocol-fundraiser-4306654a1a08
Activity: 689
Merit: 102
 how much gases do I have to indicate in the time of ETH sending?  It is written on the bancor site that to 200.000 but what that means? only 200000 or 100000 or 50000?  Wink
Activity: 207
Merit: 100
Did  you guys succeed to join the Bancor  ICO through    https://www.bitcoinsuisse.ch/bancor/
I don't think the ICO will be that bad. First, they're using extra (over their goal) to buy back into BNC right? Also, once the Token Changers and ETFs open up, there's going to be a ton of trading (against BNC) going on. Regardless of what price BNC starts at, I still feel like it's going to appreciate. It's not just speculative, it has a function.
Activity: 98
i don't mean to sound negative as I'm excited about this ico. I would like to participate. what will you be looking for during the first 30 minutes of the ico? what can we consider to be telling whether it's going well and we should buy or if there are signs of problem? i've done a few icos so far but none of them were intense like this ty
Jump to: