Author

Topic: [ANN] Bancor | Protocol for Smart-tokens, solving the liquidity problem - page 391. (Read 375744 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 252
Guys,

Have you read today's blog carefully? It is about Bancor's new partner.

We have Smart Contract Japan, Gnosis, Status, Civic, Aragon, IMToken, Antshares, and Starbase joined in. Welcome to make the revolutionary!

https://blog.bancor.network/better-together-bancors-new-partners-f1001dc9a6ec
Activity: 546
Merit: 253
Have they mentioned when the protocol will be functional?
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
How much of this move to $400 do you guys think is people buying eth to buy bnc? I doubt this is coincidence.

This is probably because of China conference this week. People want to buy more ETH to be prepared for the Chinese ETH rally.

I bought 35 eth not even a week ago and it's almost doubled in price, I'm really stunned because I thought $245 was high.

it's not doubled, unless you sold it.

I bought it to play with some icos and as of right now the value of them has almost doubled. Not sure what you are talking about.

He means: it is money just when u sold out.
How much of this move to $400 do you guys think is people buying eth to buy bnc? I doubt this is coincidence.

This is probably because of China conference this week. People want to buy more ETH to be prepared for the Chinese ETH rally.

I bought 35 eth not even a week ago and it's almost doubled in price, I'm really stunned because I thought $245 was high.

I bought it to play with some icos and as of right now the value of them has almost doubled. Not sure what you are talking about.

Just so I understand this:
However many bnc get sold, will be the baseline price for .01 eth = 1 bnc is that correct? so for example if 1 million eth are spent on this ico there will be 100 million bnc tokens, at .01 eth price. If people sell to bring the bnc number down the price will go down, and if people buy to bring the amount of bnc up the price will go above .01 eth. There is no limit on how many bnc tokens will exist.
Is this all correct?

It's too bad they didn't just launch the network and let the number of bnc start at zero, now that would have been exciting.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 501
www.bitcoin.org

Activity: 141
Merit: 100
guys  do you realize we are talking about 400 000 000 million Huh? no sense no matter how interesting can be the project cmon  let's face the truth ,

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

People don't understand this ICO.  They have a false notion that because of a CRR that there is some stability/certainty/safety to their investment.

The reserve ratio will be 10% and at the discretion of the team.  This team has pretty much failed at everything they've done.  This is not a good "long term" play.  So good luck holding, and the only certainty is that the reserve ratio will be less than 20%.  So feel great that when 350k+ ETH is raised- you'll be able to convert it back to 20% of your original contribution.  You're basically betting on more people buying BNT for ETH after an large amount of ETH already is raised.

This is a disaster in the making.  I know, I know....it's FUD...but most of you are bounty paid shills or just following the crowd without understanding how BNT actually works.  And there have been hundreds of coins released that have failed...so sometimes it's good to try to listen to some FUD and pick the right coins.

The 350 million USD cap will be hit anyway, no matter what you type here. Wink

My question to you.  Can you sell this token on an exchange for other crypto?

Why bother to move them to an exchange? just dump for eth or other coin on the network.
Activity: 76
Is it actually good to have the biggest crypto fundraising?

Honestly, when thousands of BTC are invested in it, it only means that at the very first day of coin distribution, everybody will dump. Especially if the coin distribution is only days after ICO end.

For bounty hunters it is. Wink

Well its a good thing bancor has given a very small proportion to bounty hunters, the typical bounties like your signature campaign only receive 0.2%. A lot of people misunderstood their 20% for bounties, partnerships and grants as being all of the money given to bounties.
bounties are only 1% It is nothing for an 250million marketcap
Eth just shot up to nearly $400 Holy Shit. So, we are talking $400m usd cap now?
2 days ago I traded 2 btc for eth, I wish I had traded all of them. I think Eth will take btc mkt cap this year - and well deserved since it is solely responsible for this surge in crypto popularity.
Activity: 70
People don't understand this ICO.  They have a false notion that because of a CRR that there is some stability/certainty/safety to their investment.

The reserve ratio will be 10% and at the discretion of the team.  This team has pretty much failed at everything they've done.  This is not a good "long term" play.  So good luck holding, and the only certainty is that the reserve ratio will be less than 20%.  So feel great that when 350k+ ETH is raised- you'll be able to convert it back to 20% of your original contribution.  You're basically betting on more people buying BNT for ETH after an large amount of ETH already is raised.

This is a disaster in the making.  I know, I know....it's FUD...but most of you are bounty paid shills or just following the crowd without understanding how BNT actually works.  And there have been hundreds of coins released that have failed...so sometimes it's good to try to listen to some FUD and pick the right coins.

My question to you.  Can you sell this token on an exchange for other crypto?

Activity: 70

This is a disaster in the making.  I know, I know....it's FUD...but most of you are bounty paid shills or just following the crowd without understanding how BNT actually works.  
Activity: 64
I'm new to Etherium and using the Mist wallet.  I'd like to participate in this Bancor ICO, but I don't think this wallet has a way to set the Gas Limit which Bancor says is required to be 200,000.  The Mist wallet doesn't seem to display Gas anywhere let alone give me a way to set it.  I'm sure the command line does, but I'm not comfortable enough to use that.  Should I just ignore that requirement and hope for the best?
After pressing the 'Send' button, you can adjust the maximum gas amount:
Is it actually good to have the biggest crypto fundraising?

Honestly, when thousands of BTC are invested in it, it only means that at the very first day of coin distribution, everybody will dump. Especially if the coin distribution is only days after ICO end.

For bounty hunters it is. Wink

Well its a good thing bancor has given a very small proportion to bounty hunters, the typical bounties like your signature campaign only receive 0.2%. A lot of people misunderstood their 20% for bounties, partnerships and grants as being all of the money given to bounties.

Someone mentioned here 20 000 USD for translations only. Would not call this small bounty.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1046
Another question: will Bancor react to the right price of Ethereum at the moment? Of will they keep giving 100 bancor for 1 eth?
Bancor ICO is at the constant rate of 100 bancor for 1 ethereum.
Activity: 616
Merit: 252
How fast do you think the 350 000 000 cap is reached?

tell me when, in crypto history, someone raised just half of this amount  Roll Eyes

Everyone wants in. This cap will be reached easily in the first 30 minutes. TheDAO rises half of this amount and Ethereum was like 36x cheaper back then, so in terms of ETH collected TheDAO has risen even more.

You should look at USD price, not at quantity of ETH.

..i'm saying this, but i'm going to invest in this ico, just to clarify  Grin

Most people do not look at USD price. We simply hold some amount of ETH and will invest some of it no matter if the price is X or Y. Someone decided to send 50 ETH, someone 5 and someone 500 and how it is priced that day is not that important. I think devs understand that and that's why it is capped in ETH and not in USD.

actually if 1 eth is $6 usd vs 1 eth being $364 usd is a huge difference and people look at the price in USD...If 1 eth is $50,000 usd would Bancor still ask for $500 per coin? Is 1 of their coin worth $500 usd then...

This 100 per eth ratio is not smart move for investors. It needs to be at least 500 - 1000 while ethereum is trading at $360 usd. Buying in a 50 cents and below is not bad.. it is not smart to price these coins so high at $3.60 USD initially because investors can get burned. You should be looking out for investors because you will be able to fund yourself the same rather or not you give out 100 coins vs 500 per eth.

1 BNT = 3.5$ (350 Mil. USD market Cap) looks like a good deal only for Bancor team to buy in ICO themselves and dump on sheep for quick money.

Yes BANCOR Please justify your coin being worth $3.60 USD each. You are not giving investors a good deal at $3.60 per coin. You can raise same amount of cash and have same amount of coins in circulation if you gave investors 500-1000 coins per ethereum vs 100 per eth. And you could limit investment risk. A good ratio would be 50 cents per coin anything over that is simply greed and risky investment and not a smart move for a crowdsale. The crowdsale manager already shows he is not smart about finding a common ground for investors and the company. It favors the company vs the shareholder.

It is 3,8 USD today.
It was 2,5 USD if you bought via Bitcoinsuisse.
Instant profit.

Can you explain this? People who bought via Bitcoinsuisse also pay 1 eth for 100 BNC right? They even pay an extra fee of approximately 100 euro fixed and 1,5%.

The only difference is when the investor bought his/her Ether.

Another question: will Bancor react to the right price of Ethereum at the moment? Of will they keep giving 100 bancor for 1 eth?
Activity: 728
Merit: 255
I congratulate everyone! Today is a great day!
Jump to: