Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [BARR] The Only Cryptocurrency Where No One's Ever Lost Money - page 16. (Read 39325 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 250
I don't think the Asset IDs have changed.

Try searching for the BARR Burnfund account, NXT-HD9P-ZTPP-EHFJ-59VUC

That should bring up both assets issued by that account, BARR and OFFS.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1007
I was thinking about joining some of the burns but i decided not to as the whole process of converting the coins is unnecessarily difficult. I am pretty sure there would be a lot more users if the whole process would be simplified. This is how i see it as a bystander and as someone who wanted to join.

All you have to do is send a message with your address and then send your coins. 

But you could just buy some BARR instead.

That part is simple yes, i was thinking about setting up a BARR wallet. I was trying to do it (it was before my post), i was trying to add the "BARR" assets and im sure there was one more in the OP. And it kept telling me the codes are invalid. Now it seems the Asset ID has changed in the OP. Maybe it is possible now ?
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
I was thinking about joining some of the burns but i decided not to as the whole process of converting the coins is unnecessarily difficult. I am pretty sure there would be a lot more users if the whole process would be simplified. This is how i see it as a bystander and as someone who wanted to join.

All you have to do is send a message with your address and then send your coins. 

But you could just buy some BARR instead.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1007
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
May I propose Virtacoin  (VTA)  as a possible burn ?

A lot of users would like to see it recycled into something useful. Thx
Activity: 258
Merit: 100
romad.io - community manager
Just a reminder - always message us first with the amount, before you burn coins.  Then send us the transaction ID. 

Otherwise, someone else could claim that they sent those coins to the burn address. 

When you tell us the amount before you send it, it proves that you're the one who sent the coins.

I admit I made a mistake!
Hope you can make an exception in my case as I contacted you before my first transaction and let you know I will be burning more.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Just a reminder - always message us first with the amount, before you burn coins.  Then send us the transaction ID. 

Otherwise, someone else could claim that they sent those coins to the burn address. 

When you tell us the amount before you send it, it proves that you're the one who sent the coins.

Thanks!

We can't afford GMC until the price of BARR is higher.  

We have to be able to exchange the entire supply of the coin, and we're about half a million dollars short of doing GameCredits at this time.  We actually might be close if we used the entire remaining supply of BARR, but we have a difficulty-based monthly budget based on the price, in order to approximate decreasing block rewards, and to ensure that the Burn Fund never runs out.

But we aren't ruling it out for the future!
Activity: 159
Merit: 100
The total supply of Bunnycoin is just under 98 Billion.

It looks like we'll burn at least 5% of all Bunnycoins this weekend, and 15% of all Unitus.

Will this be reflected in a new total supply figure for market capitalisation calculations?

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bunnycoin/

Cheers

Graham

It should be.  Coinmarketcap does recognize burn addresses and subtract them from the total supply, in some cases.

For example, their figure for the total supply of Sapience AIFX is less the amount originally sent to the "ICO burn address" which were surplus coins not sold in the ICO.  The total coin supply is 1,164,492, but Coinmarketcap lists the available supply as 684,468 because the dev sent 469,847 to a burn address.

We used the same burn address when we burned Sapience coins, and we notified Coinmarketcap, because they should have no problem updating the supply using the same method and same burn address they were already using.  

But so far they have not responded or changed the figures for the coins we have burned.
The official block explorer for that coin is linked at Coinmarketcap, and that explorer shows "Spendable Coin Supply 397,283", but Coinmarketcap still has the supply listed as 684,468.

Maybe they don't have time to look into every ticket that gets sent to their system.  If someone connected to Coinmarketcap made them aware of what we're doing, I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem updating the figures.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278
The total supply of Bunnycoin is just under 98 Billion.

It looks like we'll burn at least 5% of all Bunnycoins this weekend, and 15% of all Unitus.

Will this be reflected in a new total supply figure for market capitalisation calculations?

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bunnycoin/

Cheers

Graham
Alright, check the balances of the burn addresses at these links:

Unitus
http://explorer.unitus.nutty.one/address/UMz1xPGbHGWacUUtfXefyXWVoJX9Q2kNtF

Bunnycoin
http://www.multifaucet.tk/index.php?blockexplorer=BUN&address=BTngbpkVTh3nGGdFdufHcG5TN7hXYuX31z

The total supply of Bunnycoin is just under 98 Billion, and the total supply of Unitus is over 30 Million.

Casper was first, then you!

Your BARR has been sent, the NXT txid is 11742876470998086684

Thanks guys, we're off to an early start.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Ok, I'm ready to burn my BUN for BARR:

I have 2.5 million BUN sitting in the Bleutrade Exchange.

I've sent to the burn address you gave as:
BTngbpkVTh3nGGdFdufHcG5TN7hXYuX31z
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are the transaction details as given by bluetrade:
70616160    2016-01-01 11:00:15    -2500000.00000000    Withdraw: 2499999.90000000 to address BTngbpkVTh3nGGdFdufHcG5TN7hXYuX31z; fee 0.10000000
61747023    2015-07-04 17:17:04    2500000.00000000    Trade +, order id 5758356

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My NXT address is:
NXT-JWNL-6XRL-HR5Z-FVN6N

Many thanks

Hope it works!
Happy New Year!

ps. Looks like I might be the first? Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1035
well well
not so profitable as ACP but...
catch first (maybe) amount ! (block explorer does not respond)
good work

To give an example of the numbers, if the target price was 5 litoshis, with BARR @ .00016btc, then the exchange rate would be set at 400,000 BUN for 1 BARR. 

Looking at how the market has been going, we are probably going to set the target price of BARR much lower than that. 

We wanted to keep raising the price of BARR, but we don't want to set an unrealistic goal. 

We want to offer an increased price for the altcoins, but we don't have unlimited money. 

So lowering the price of BARR will allow us to offer a higher rate for the altcoins without overextending our funds as much.

After further review, we're going to keep the rates high and see what happens.

So far we've been supporting the market with a lot of our own money, but we can't do that forever.  So we're going to try a different approach this time and see what happens.  There will be more room for fluctuations, and the price of NXT may be the biggest unknown factor in the near future.  If this month doesn't work so well, we'll learn from it and revise our plans next time.

So we'll set a target price for BUN at 5 litoshis, but we won't raise the market that high.  That will allow people to buy for 2 litoshis and exchange for BARR at that rate.  But we'll also set a target for BARR at 16,000 satoshis, and we won't raise the market that high unless NXT goes up.  And the target for Unitus will be 320 satoshis.

So the rates for January 1st to January 30th will be:

Bunnycoin at .0000025 BARR, or 400,000 BUN per BARR

Unitus at .02 BARR, or 50 UIS per BARR

and OFFS at 1.25 BARR, or .8 OFFS per BARR

The burn address for Bunnycoin is BTngbpkVTh3nGGdFdufHcG5TN7hXYuX31z

The burn address for Unitus is UMz1xPGbHGWacUUtfXefyXWVoJX9Q2kNtF

The burn address for BARR is NXT-HD9P-ZTPP-EHFJ-59VUC

Alright, 24 hours to go for this burn period.  

Burn redemption for Bunnycoin and Unitus begins January 1st.

it is going to be really interesting, i am gonna try to get some coins for join the burn, lol, it remember me to scouts night times.

Do we have some guide about how to burn the coins?

thank

Message us here with the amount of coins you're going to burn. 
Then send your coins to the burn address, and message us again with the transaction ID and your NXT wallet address.

Full instructions are on Page 1 of this topic.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

it is going to be really interesting, i am gonna try to get some coins for join the burn, lol, it remember me to scouts night times.

Do we have some guide about how to burn the coins?

thank

Burn redemption for ACP and LYB ends on the 30th.  Just over 48 hours to go.
Pages:
Jump to: