Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [BARR] The Only Cryptocurrency Where No One's Ever Lost Money - page 18. (Read 39325 times)

legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278
Are you asking for evidential support of our personal beliefs?  

Yes, thanks for expounding, I appreciate the effort. I don't share your perspective and I was wondering whether I'd missed a trick or something but you have allayed my concerns, thank you.

Cheers

Graham

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

The conversation what role alts actually play, has so far only been along the lines of "it can do things that Bitcoin cant" or "its a test-bed for Bitcoin" etc. To some degree those claims are valid, but how many alts does it really need to carry out those so-called benefits and alternative ways of doing things with the blockchain? Surely not 500+ can all be for the benefit of exploring different uses of blockchain tech. That just cant be true. So somewhere, a large part of creating yet another shit-coin, is for either self-enrichment, or, just because you can, or, a deluded self belief that you have 'the one', or vanity etc. In all these cases, its not only wasting resource, its plain to see its also self-destructive, ultimately.      

Miners understand efficiency, latency, redundancy, profitability, and obsolescence.  Hopefully they can apply those same concepts to systems larger than a mining rig.

If two altcoins are doing the exact same thing, one of them will probably be orphaned.  Everyone who had that altcoin will get nothing. 
We believe that the altcoin market is stuck in a fatal loop;

I don't recall ever seeing any evidential support for this claim, did I miss something?

Cheers

Graham

Are you asking for evidential support of our personal beliefs?  

We can't see the future, and we can't prove what will happen.  But the fact that there are too many altcoins is self-evident, and is further shown by the fact that new altcoins are being launched every day while the market fails to support the existing altcoins which are dying every day.

We believe that the cryptocurrency market has arrived at a point of saturation similar to the video game market prior to the crash of 1983.  

There are so many inferior offerings that the few worthwhile offerings are not only obscured, but in fact diminished.  

It's one thing to walk into a store, see 1,200 Atari cartridges, and then make an educated decision to buy the 3 most expensive ones because they are likely to be worth the higher price.  But it's a different story when the glut of cheap games actually makes the entire Atari market less valuable.  An Atari's only value is that it can play Atari games - if all the games suck, then the Atari sucks.  If there's a 90% chance that any game you buy will suck, and you won't know until after you've paid for it, then approximately 100% of buyers will eventually feel ripped off.  Probably multiple times.  

People stop buying, and there is less money in the market to develop the good projects.  Now even the best ones aren't as good.

Bitcoin is used every day to buy altcoins.  It's one of the primary uses for Bitcoin.  Approximately 100% of people who take their bitcoins and go shopping for altcoins will eventually feel ripped off.  And, to non-Bitcoin users - the other 7 billion people on the planet - what is the difference between Bitcoin and Altcoins?  Nothing.

But it's worse than that.  Most altcoins users think they're gambling on a zero-sum game - they think altcoins are all scams, and they want to be the ones profiting from other people's losses.  Then, when it's all tallied, they think the same amount of money will exist, with more of it in their pockets and an equal amount missing from someone else's pockets.  

But they are wrong;  it's not a zero-sum game.  Capital can be destroyed.  People are pumping money into cryptocurrency, and that money isn't guaranteed to continue existing in any form.  Altcoins die, and there is less money available in the world.  More specifically, there is less money available in the crypto world.  

Ethereum raised $18,000,000, but they only spent $9,000,000.  Now they're broke.  Where did the other 9 Million Dollars go?  They didn't steal it, or hide it, or waste it.  It just stopped existing.

When we say altcoins are stuck in a fatal loop, we're talking about capital destruction.  How many millions of dollars of value did the top 99 cryptocurrencies lose when Bitcoin recently jumped up for a few days?  And after Bitcoin came back down, those altcoins did not recover.  That value doesn't exist anymore, not even for the people who dumped and held their bitcoins.  

There isn't enough new money coming into cryptocurrency to make up for the money that is being flushed down the altcoin toilet.  That's why we're preserving as much of that capital as we can.

hi ...

why is granite on the burn list - and why would you want to burn any of the grn coins? ...

i have been supporting and solidifying the existence of the infrastructure and network since i took over almost two years ago - and have been heavily developing and increasing the network stability over the last few months by committing my time and effort full time ...

if you want to burn any of the coins - i would be happy to buy them all back at the current rate - and put them back into our official pool for the bonuses that our pool provides for the miners that mine there ( http:grn-pool.granitecoin.com ) ... either that - or donate them back to the pool so that those that WANT the coins - can get them ...

much more will happen to the granite ecosystem - and much more is being currently done ...

burning coins that exist for the network and for the granite ecosystem is nonsensical in my mind ... especially when the network is currently very much alive ...

im contactable via various ways - all of which can be found here - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/a-chainworks-industries-cwi-project-granite-simple-solid-stable-grn-718939 - if you wish to contact ...

#crysx

Thanks for letting us know.  We try to avoid burning coins if it doesn't look like there will be much participation from the coin's holders.

But if a majority of holders would rather exchange their coins for BTC or BARR, then we can give them that opportunity.  If everyone else burns their coins while you keep yours, then your coins have become rarer and potentially more valuable.  

To answer your question, the reason Granite is on the list is only because it meets our requirements, and because it would be possible for BARR to exchange up to 100% of all Granite coins.  It doesn't mean Granite is a bad coin, and in fact being on our list means it's doing better than many other coins.  

The answer your other question, the reason we would want to exchange Granite coins would be to allow Granite holders a way to trade their coins that they may not be able to trade in the current depressed and low-volume markets.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

I don't recall ever seeing any evidential support for this claim, did I miss something?

Cheers

Graham

The conversation what role alts actually play, has so far only been along the lines of "it can do things that Bitcoin cant" or "its a test-bed for Bitcoin" etc. To some degree those claims are valid, but how many alts does it really need to carry out those so-called benefits and alternative ways of doing things with the blockchain? Surely not 500+ can all be for the benefit of exploring different uses of blockchain tech. That just cant be true. So somewhere, a large part of creating yet another shit-coin, is for either self-enrichment, or, just because you can, or, a deluded self belief that you have 'the one', or vanity etc. In all these cases, its not only wasting resource, its plain to see its also self-destructive, ultimately.      
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

Cheers

Graham
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
Update from the extortionist:

!!! WARNING: This user is a newbie. If you are expecting a message from a more veteran member, then this is an imposter !!!

lol, are you going to attack bitcointalk.org too? 

not for 0.01BTC
ACP
Activity: 612
Merit: 520
I didn't have an issue with you guys until you started to hijack our thread and further agitate one of the team members today in ccex trolbox

http://www.anarchistsprime.info/

You bought them outside of the exchange period

There is no "buy period".  We exchanged them within the exchange period.

and outside the exchange price

There is no "exchange price", other than 1 BARR for 20 ACP.  That is our rate, and it doesn't matter if you mined your ACP, bought it low, bought it high, or got it for free.  None of that is any of our business.  We exchange ACP.

In order to help support the price of BARR at 12,000 satoshis, we announced a target price for ACP of 600 satoshis.  Anyone who buys ACP for less than that can still exchange it for BARR.  If the price of BARR drops, then it won't be a profitable exchange. 

If you didn't want us to buy ACP below 600, you shouldn't have sold it to us. 

How do we not know you are collecting them at the current exchange price

We are still buying.  Why wouldn't we?  You might not buy ACP, but that doesn't make it so strange for us to buy it. 

We can't just skip the sell orders at lower prices.  That's impossible.  Before we can buy at 600, someone has to buy all the coins under 600.  If nobody else buys them, we do.  That is exactly what we did, and we successfully moved the price to 600 satoshis.

and using the pre pumped coins to profit off barr invesotrs/ almost buying 3:1 barr with your pre purchased ACP

That's not how it works, and you don't seem to know what you're talking about. 

The exchange rate stays the same.

ACP traded for 60 satoshis last month, and BARR increased the price and paid up to 600 satoshis. 

Everyone else was free to buy ACP at any price before we did, and they are free to buy it much cheaper right now than what we've been paying. 

Are you going to tell everyone to stop buying, because it's not fair for them to buy cheaper than what we bought? 

Not one person has burn AnarchistsPrime other than a slow collection period over three weeks , Not one person.

And not one person has a buy order for ACP above 187 satoshis right now.  Not even you.  At least we at BARR buy our own coin, making the number of active buyers more than 0.
ACP
We sent all 1,000,000 coins in a single transaction, as you know.  

It is clear to everyone that we burned those coins, and that they were dumped to us by ACP holders.

Most people find it easier to sell their coins to us for BTC, rather than burning their coins, exchanging for BARR, selling that BARR for NXT, and then selling that NXT for BTC.  

We did not make the claims you say in your above post, which makes you a liar.
You bought them outside of the exchange period and outside the exchange price, which is trade as usual. How do we not know you are collecting them at the current exchange price and using the pre pumped coins to profit off barr invesotrs/ almost buying 3:1 barr with your pre purchased ACP
as I said. Not one person has burn AnarchistsPrime other than a slow collection period over three weeks , Not one person.

We sent all 1,000,000 coins in a single transaction, as you know.  

It is clear to everyone that we burned those coins, and that they were dumped to us by ACP holders.

Most people find it easier to sell their coins to us for BTC, rather than burning their coins, exchanging for BARR, selling that BARR for NXT, and then selling that NXT for BTC.  

We did not make the claims you say in your above post, which makes you a liar.
ACP
We have burned 1,000,000 ACP, which is over 41% of the current coin supply, worth over $2,200.

We have burned 320,000 LYB, which is over 36% of the current coin supply, worth over $7,000.

I'm pretty sure people have the opportunity to burn acp for barr via sending it themselves to the burn address and messaging barr before the burn period ends, as stated in the ann.
Runpaints ACP pump has nothing to do with people wanting to burn acp it has to do with people trading as usual , no one wants barr as not one person besides runpaint has burnt AnarchistsPrime for barr which he is trying to distort via a quick pump beforehand and a claim it was traders and miners burning. All it was , was people trading . Distorting that to make the general public think that these 1 million coins where sent to the burn addy from traders and miners is just a quick way out of the legitimate scope of the post that was placed here regarding this barr burn. You have to ask yourself why not one single person has burnt ACP outside of runpaints pump three weeks prior. No one wants to do it, they want to trade as usual , but to directly burn to barr. It just isn't happening. Not one person.

legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

if I read this correctly, then this is an attempt to extort .... 0.01 Bitcoin?

what's up with that?  Smiley

lol, that does appear to be their goal

hey! I've got it: Inverse fat finger, trying to type 100 Bitcoin and landed at 0.01 Bitcoin instead!   Grin

lol, that does appear to be their goal
legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

Just got a personal message:

!!! WARNING: This user is a newbie. If you are expecting a message from a more veteran member, then this is an imposter !!!

currently dropping a shit-load of data on your servers, send 0.01BTC to 1bpXWNAcrH1MvH9jX5WNdVF452wKVjSFb

within 24 hours
or else i go all out, blocking your traffic,
u have 24 hours

barr.me

The reply:

lol, are you going to attack bitcointalk.org too? 

Activity: 368
Merit: 100
You should consider Yovi as a burn option.
Looks like our investor never got his FRAC out of Poloniex.  They delisted it a few months ago, so maybe their wallet is offline.  But he got a "withdrawal complete", so maybe their support can tell him what happened.
Activity: 532
Better die on your feet, than live on your knees
Thanks for the reply.
It even works in an online client.
Pages:
Jump to: