Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [BARR] The Only Cryptocurrency Where No One's Ever Lost Money - page 20. (Read 39324 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Hello, I  can start burning  ACP and LYB?
Or do I have to wait for December?

December 1
Activity: 714
@kryptographer
so you want to reduce the number of altcoins by making another super garbage one LOL
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Hello, I  can start burning  ACP and LYB?
Or do I have to wait for December?
We've burned some more coins this weekend, bringing Keycoin up to 30% of the entire supply, and Sapience up to 48%.

We've also updated the OP with more details about the December exchange period.

We're still on the lookout for coins to burn down the road, so let us know if there are any good suggestions we don't have on our list.

There are plenty of coins to sift through, but remember there are certain factors that can disqualify a coin.  For example, if there are only 100,000 coins from PoW, but the dev makes a secret deal to give away a million premined coins to one person, that inflates the marketcap 10 times more than it should be.  So we try to find out if there's anything fishy going on;  we don't want to participate in some kind of scam or rip-off.

Burn Period 2-A will begin December 1st at 00:00 UTC, and will end at 23:59 UTC (6:59PM in New York) on December 30th.

Our accepted altcoins for December are ACP Anarchists Prime and LYB Lyrabar as a Wild Card.

We will be redeeming burned ACP at the rate of .05 BARR per ACP (20 ACP per BARR) with a target price on market of 600 satoshis per ACP.

The burn address for ACP is 1111111111111111111114oLvT2

We will be redeeming burned LYB at the rate of .5 BARR per LYB (2 LYB per BARR) with a target price on market of 6000 satoshis per LYB.

The burn address for LYB is LKDxGDJq5fF4FohAB8zJH24mDDNHDNtqsE

We will be redeeming burned BARR at the rate of .9 OFFS per BARR (~ 1.111 BARR per OFFS) with a target price on market of 12,000 satoshis per BARR.

The burn address for BARR is NXT-HD9P-ZTPP-EHFJ-59VUC

Before sending coins to the burn address, message BARR_Official at bitcointalk and tell us which coin and the amount you're planning to burn.  After you send your coins to the burn address, message us again with the transaction I.D. and your NXT wallet address (not a NXT address from an exchange).  If your NXT address has never received a transaction before, also include the Public Key.  Please see Page 1 of this topic for full details.
legendary
Activity: 1120
You guys should just burn any coin that bobsurplus was involved in as well as other vaporware coin devs like prometheus or igotSpots created coins, and perhaps even other no-name useless devs.  That will surely rid the market of many crapcoins.

Well, it's complicated, and there are multiple factors to consider.  Any coin that is already dead, or headed that way, doesn't need our help.  It's removed from the market without us, so we can focus on coins that are stubbornly persisting.

It wouldn't make much sense to burn dead coins, or to bring them back to life and re-list them on an exchange, just to get rid of them again.  

And we don't want to give the appearance of rewarding scammers, especially if the devs may still be holding a large percentage of the coin's supply.  We want to discourage bad coins, no encourage them.

But certainly there are plenty of coins and plenty of holders that would benefit from BARR, and in the future we hope to burn several each month.

Good info thanks, and oh yes...forget about this aspect (in bold I made above), good point!
You guys should just burn any coin that bobsurplus was involved in as well as other vaporware coin devs like prometheus or igotSpots created coins, and perhaps even other no-name useless devs.  That will surely rid the market of many crapcoins.

Well, it's complicated, and there are multiple factors to consider.  Any coin that is already dead, or headed that way, doesn't need our help.  It's removed from the market without us, so we can focus on coins that are stubbornly persisting.

It wouldn't make much sense to burn dead coins, or to bring them back to life and re-list them on an exchange, just to get rid of them again.  

And we don't want to give the appearance of rewarding scammers, especially if the devs may still be holding a large percentage of the coin's supply.  We want to discourage bad coins, no encourage them.

But certainly there are plenty of coins and plenty of holders that would benefit from BARR, and in the future we hope to burn several each month.
legendary
Activity: 1120
You guys should just burn any coin that bobsurplus was involved in as well as other vaporware coin devs like prometheus or igotSpots created coins, and perhaps even other no-name useless devs.  That will surely rid the market of many crapcoins.
Hello everyone, today is another beautiful day.

Buying has already started for Lyrabar and Anarchists Prime, but the burn doesn't start until December 1st.

We're proud to be the only cryptocurrency that is earned by burning multiple altcoins, and we hope to continue making a positive impact.

We are committed to protecting the value of people's coins that they transfer to BARR, and that is why no BARR has ever been distributed for free or even for money.  If you see BARR for sale, you can personally verify on decentralized blockchains that it was legitimately earned by burning altcoins.
Update:

It turns out that the 1 Million DGCS went to Yobit "to give away".  There are still less than 100,000 coins in circulation from PoW, and the dumping of 1 Million premined coins is already beginning, with another 199 Million to go.  But they held a "vote" on their own forum, and 2 anonymous new users voted to change all the dev's promises, after he asked them to vote for it and allowed 24 hours.

And now they're saying they will give out 5 million coins at launch for burned coins, instead of 2.6 million for an entire year.

Also, you have to send the coins to their exchange instead of actually burning them.  The exchange charges a fee of .5%.

But information is hard to find, since they've started their 5th or 6th official thread and locked the old ones.  The dev has also deleted several of his own posts.

Apparently their plans have changed drastically since last week, when they were still saying that there was absolutely no giveaway and that the premine was never to be used for giveaways.  

The guy running the thing has said multiple times that the premine was 100% to be used for burn exchange only;  He has also repeatedly stated that only 2,628,000 coins per year would be issued from the premine.

I can't quote from locked threads, but here is a link:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=558597;sa=showPosts;start=100

That link also shows the dev promising that all premined funds would be held by an exchange, and not by himself.  In fact, he still has 199 Million and has already given 1 Million to Yobit.

And here is the pre-ANN where intristin criticizes BARR for "knowing which coins will be burned ahead of time" - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1231951.20

And now DGCS has decided that they won't even reveal what coins they're burning until 24 hours before they start burning.

Anyway, that's enough updates for now.  I don't think there will be anything to follow for much longer, since they're already dumping the premine so fast. 

Meanwhile BARR is still burning KEY, FRAC, and XAI, and we're getting ready for ACP and LYB!
i have no idea what DGCS is.
so maybe just best to ignore these FUDish rants.

Yeah, I thought I could just mention that their premine is moving.  I shouldn't get drawn into pointless arguments.

They've been agressively fudding us in C-cex chat, presenting DGCS as the superior alternative to BARR.

They're already listed on C-cex, Yobit, and BTCpool exchange, and they're already on Coinmarketcap too.  All for a coin that didn't exist 2 weeks ago.

When I happened to notice the Digital Credits dev at C-Cex saying that BARR is a worthless shitcoin, and claiming that DGCS was already trading at a higher value, I simply pointed out that the price of BARR was over 100 times more than the price of DGCS.  

He replied that all BARR holders are idiots and will lose all their money.  I asked him why there was only .06 btc on order for DGCS, when he had the money to pay exchanges, pay for a block explorer, pay for a website, and pay a dev to code his wallet.

He then had a meltdown, called me a pussy bitch faggot or something, and continued to rant about destroying me and BARR and crushing us December 1st by burning the same altcoins as BARR and whatever.

So I thought it was important to point out the differences between BARR and DGCS, since people seem to think the projects are similar.

***EDIT***

I just noticed that the entire 200,000,000 coins from the premine have moved from the "burn fund" address.  Maybe they moved 1 million to BTCpool's hot wallet, and the rest to cold storage.  Who knows?    
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
i have no idea what DGCS is.
so maybe just best to ignore these FUDish rants.

Liar huh? wow.. Very nice...

You just said you would never post here again, and you broke your word about 10 minutes later, and then you edited your post to hide what you said.

Why would I make a comment about his premine?

Why would you make a comment about me talking about his premine?

That is his responsibility.. I have nothing to do with that coin besides his explorer..

So why are you here arguing?  Why is it "his responsibility" for what your explorer shows, but it's your responsibility to police what I say?  

So I am really wondering, why you are taking this to a personal level?

What are you talking about?  Would you care to list the personal attacks I've made, and then compare it with what you and intristin have said?  Of course you don't want to do that, because it would show the truth.

You cant deal with facts and critism?

What facts?  All you've said it "stop talking about the coin I'm involved with".  

I also posted in here before if you could leave CHIP alone since we we're on your list.. So thats why I saw the post today, and decided to reply to it..

Why are you telling us how to run our coin?  We will burn CHIP if people vote for CHIP.  

And now you are here to tell us not to worry about what other projects are doing?  Again, why don't you follow your own advice?

Did you post in any of the DGCS topics and ask them not to burn CHIP?  Why not?  Because they don't even have a list of coins that they're going to burn, even though they say it's already decided?

But you posted in this topic because CHIP was on our list?  Please tell us, how did you know CHIP was on our list before you clicked this topic?  You claim you were already involved in DGCS, and you say not to worry about what other projects are doing.  So why did you click this topic?

Last post of me in here..

That's what you said last time.

Intelligence is hard to find in this dev..

Honesty is hard to find from you and the other people involved with DGCS.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Chipcoin Developer
So your only criticism is that we have said true things on the internet that are inconvenient to people who don't want the truth to be discussed?

I just checked your post history, and you haven't gone to any of the DGCS topics and lectured them about spending millions of premined coins that they promised not to spend.

Please come back when you have something worth saying.  But next time don't pretend to be impartial, because you're not a very good liar.

Liar huh? wow.. Very nice...

I think you need to look into reality kid.. Why would I make a comment about his premine? That is his responsibility.. I have nothing to do with that coin besides his explorer.. So I am really wondering, why you are taking this to a personal level? You cant deal with facts and critism?

If I posted in his threads or not doesnt make any sense at all.. And is information you can do nothing with...

I also posted in here before if you could leave CHIP alone since we we're on your list.. So thats why I saw the post today, and decided to reply to it.. If it was in his thread.. I wouldve done the same... don't be a wise guy here kiddo.. do your research...

Last post of me in here.. Intelligence is hard to find in this dev.. Good luck all...
So your only criticism is that we have said true things on the internet that are inconvenient to people who don't want the truth to be discussed?

I just checked your post history, and you haven't gone to any of the DGCS topics and lectured them about spending millions of premined coins that they promised not to spend.

Please come back when you have something worth saying.  But next time don't pretend to be impartial, because you're not a very good liar.

This is the BARR topic, and I'm posting from the BARR_Official account.  That's why I'm posting here.  Why are you here?  Think about it...try to come up with something good...remember how you're not picking sides...
legendary
Chipcoin Developer

Very pro.. Bashing on someone else his coin... Either if its you, or him.. That doesnt matter.. Both wrong...

There's no bashing, just pointing out that a million coins moved from the premine address with no explanation.

You both use different sources.. Bury the fights.. and focus on your projects... just my 2 cents..

It's common sense to protect ourselves from this guy who said he's declaring "war" on BARR and will "crush" us.  

But basically all we've done is quote him.  If you think your dev's words are so damaging to DGCS, take it up with him.

Oh, and for your info.. The DGCS dev contacted me even before your account and thread was created on bitcointalk...  Roll Eyes

Sure.  And no coins will ever move from the DGCS "burn fund" until altcoins are burned.  Any other stories that appear to be false?

Can you provide any evidence that intristin was planning to burn multiple altcoins, before October 12, 2015?  Or was the project a complete secret known only to him and you?  His account was only 2 weeks old at that time.

I created his explorer etc...

So you're involved with DGCS, and you're here to bash a competing coin.  Follow your own advice.

focus on your projects...

Let me guess - you just happened to see this topic on Page 1, and you read all 8 pages this morning and posted before anyone else could respond to my post?  Because you're focused on your projects and not BARR.  Right?

So not sure if you can call this " stealing ideas "...

DGCS stole the term "burn fund" from BARR, they stole their 30-day burn exchange period starting December 1st, and they stole most of their general terminology as well as the language used to explain the purpose of burning altcoins.  

They stole the idea of burning multiple altcoins in exchange for a new coin, and they stole the idea of announcing such a new coin in the month of October 2015.  At least 3 people announced that they would exchange for multiple burned altcoins, all of them after BARR, and DGCS is only 1 of the crowd of imitators.

The DGCS dev even said he was going to burn all the exact same coins BARR burns, although again he might not do what he says he's going to do.

Do you realize that there are 31 days in December?  Then why is DGCS starting with a 30-day burn period?  We started with 30 days because November has 30 days.  This guy literally copied-and-pasted everything from BARR, and then changed a few words.  

So I think a big apology is at its place here  Roll Eyes

I apologize to the crypto community for giving these people the ideas they used to create another pointless altcoin that will soon fail.

legendary
Chipcoin Developer
Very pro.. Bashing on someone else his coin... Either if its you, or him.. That doesnt matter.. Both wrong...

I assume if you we're running a store.. and your neighbour opens the exact same store... You will bash on him to on a daily basis? Roll Eyes

You both use different sources.. Bury the fights.. and focus on your projects... just my 2 cents..

Oh, and for your info.. The DGCS dev contacted me even before your account and thread was created on bitcointalk...  Roll Eyes
I created his explorer etc... So not sure if you can call this " stealing ideas "... So I think a big apology is at its place here  Roll Eyes

.. Its just a big coincidence this is...

My advise to you both... Leave each other alone...
If you're planning to burn coins from an exchange, be sure to allow time for any withdrawal issues they may have.  If you wait until the last minute and the withdrawal is delayed, you could miss the deadline.

In other news, DGCS Digital Credits has moved 1,000,000 coins from their "burn fund", and about 89,000 DGCS have been mined with PoW:  

http://explore.dcredits.com/

At dcredits.com, it says "PoB will be handled by our exchange partner, the developers of Digital Credits will have no control over the fund".  

But unless they move the rest of the 200,000,000 premine to the same address where the 1,000,000 has just been moved, the developers will have control over the fund.

They say only 2.6 million coins will be distributed each year for burned coins - why do they need to move 1 million now?

It's worrying that they premined 200,000,000, since that supply will last 76 years if they keep their promises.  But they've already broken their promises:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12934710

Quote from: intristin

those credits are not in circulation and wont be anytime soon. Burn credits will be distributed at about the same rate as PoW credits, give or take depending on how many coins we target at once. You can always check the richest wallet on the block explorer and compare it to what we spend on burn once it starts to make sure nothing is being stolen.

Based on the dev's own statements, should we assume that over 90% of all DGCS in circulation have been stolen from the dev's premine fund?  

They have a premine of 200 million coins, and they say we can always check the address to make sure the funds are handled properly.  That means they're offering this address as their sole means of public accountability.  

No coins have been burned, but 1 million DGCS have moved - presumably to the BTCpool exchange?  

If BTCpool credits their users' accounts with DGCS, within their own system, it will be impossible for anyone to verify the movement of these coins on the blockchain.  Now there are 2 huge premine funds, and neither is accountable or transparent.  

There hasn't even been an announcement or explanation about these million coins;  they were sent to an address that has already received and sent coins - to a Top 20 wallet, presumably at C-cex or Yobit?  Is there now a million-coin premine "burn fund" in a wallet that has already been selling coins on exchanges?

We take it as a sign of BARR's popularity that we have already inspired copycat projects, although DGCS has only a superficial similarity to BARR.  

But even though DGCS is not designed to accomplish the far-reaching and innovative changes that BARR is already achieving, it should still be managed with honesty and transparency for the sake of investors.  

No BARR has ever moved from our Burn Fund without corresponding and publicly-available transaction IDs for the burned altcoins, as well as the NXT txids for the BARR that was sent.  We've put a lot of time, effort, and money into this idea, and we hope transparency becomes a must-have for all crypto projects.

Pages:
Jump to: