Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [BARR] The Only Cryptocurrency Where No One's Ever Lost Money - page 24. (Read 39324 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Alright, it's after midnight and I've been trying to send 3 transactions for over an hour.  

It's ridiculous - and all three of these coins are in the top 225 coins at CoinMarketCap.  These are supposedly among the top coins, and they don't even work properly.  See what we've been talking about?  There is no chance that they could survive long-term like this.

The Fractalcoin wallet rescanned and is now empty, but Sapience and Keycoin are also being stubborn.  They take 5 minutes just to right-click and "copy transaction ID".

I would have given up and gone to bed already, but I'm encouraged by the idea of never having to use these wallets again.  Actually I'm leaving in a little KEY and XAI until the end of the month, so they can continue staking and processing transactions.  We wouldn't want the network to completely fail before we're done sending our coins.  But after that, I'll never have to use these wallets again.

-edit-
Hi, runpaint here.  It'll be me on this account of course some of the time, or one of our other team members processing the transactions.  The person otherwise known as "BARR_Official" doesn't have another bitcointalk account and mainly does our data entry.  Just wanted to clear that up, since it may sometimes appear that I'm talking to myself between these two accounts. 
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
-sigh-

Fractalcoin wallet now rescanning.  I sent 2 smaller transactions, but then I broke it by sending one too big. 

The fact that these things barely work is an excellent example of why we're doing this project.
We have moved the Fractalcoin market to 5000 satoshis, the Keycoin market to 5000 satoshis, and the Sapience markets to 7500 satoshis at Bittrex, Cryptsy, and Poloniex.

FRAC @ Cryptsy
0.00005000   188.28413984   0.00941421

Doesn't look like a buywall

Thanks for participating in our launch.  Hopefully it will be just as successful as when we burn BITZ.

As anyone can see, there is a larger buy order at 4990.  If we put our buywall at 5000, then nobody else will be able to buy for 5000.  We're allowing other people to buy at the target price, because burning these coins is the only way they can get BARR. 

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
A Wound in Eternity
We have moved the Fractalcoin market to 5000 satoshis, the Keycoin market to 5000 satoshis, and the Sapience markets to 7500 satoshis at Bittrex, Cryptsy, and Poloniex.

FRAC @ Cryptsy
0.00005000   188.28413984   0.00941421

Doesn't look like a buywall
It's midnight, we're live!
If our buywalls get dumped to nothing, don't panic.  We'll be back tomorrow to check on them, so you might regret selling lower.  And if tomorrow's buywalls get filled, we'll be back again next week.  The burn exchange lasts all month, so there's no need to worry if we run out of BTC.  We'll get more.
Burn exchange begins in 85 minutes.

Remember to message us first before you burn. 

If your coins are on exchanges, you can withdraw them directly to the burn address, no need to have a wallet for each altcoin.

If your withdrawal is too large to process, send it in smaller transactions and send us the txid for each.
We have announced our auxiliary project OFFS - Altcoin Offset Credits. 

OFFS can be earned by burning BARR.

Details are available at https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-offs-altcoin-offset-credits-recycling-altcoins-reducing-emissions-1233350
How BARR check the "proof-of-burn"  - btw: nice concept.

To burn coins for BARR, first you make sure your altcoin is accepted during the current exchange period.  November 1 to November 30 we are accepting Fractalcoin at .5 BARR, Keycoin at .5 BARR, and Sapience at .75 BARR.

Before you burn your coins, send us a private message here and tell us which coin you're burning, how many coins, and your NXT address.

After you send your coins to the burn address, send us another private message with the transaction id.  We will verify it on the blockchain, and then send your BARR to your NXT address.

We will keep all transaction IDs in a downloadable spreadsheet so that anyone can verify them.

Please see Page 1 of this topic for the complete instructions and rules for burn exchange.

The burn address for Fractalcoin is FVAiSujNZVgYSc27t6zUTWoKfAGxc8CEW5

The burn address for Keycoin is K7D9JtQxx7rRoWGu6szLpeFQKhbSzyUbC8

The burn address for Sapience is AFmseVrdL9f9oyCzZefL9tG6UbvhPbdYzM

These burn addresses can be verified as unspendable because they return a hash with a long string of zeroes. 

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
How BARR check the "proof-of-burn"  - btw: nice concept.
legendary
Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001
24 hours til launch!
Cheesy I don't want to have an argument with anyone, I guess I was taken a bit by surprise by your proposals. I'll keep an eye on your project and see how it progresses and I wish you well...

Thanks!  BITZ seems like a good coin, so you must be doing a good job.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
A Wound in Eternity
 Cheesy I don't want to have an argument with anyone, I guess I was taken a bit by surprise by your proposals. I'll keep an eye on your project and see how it progresses and I wish you well...
Somebody else has announced that they want to have a coin to burn multiple altcoins.  That makes 3 copycats in less than 1 week since we started this ANN.

Why haven't any of them actually put any thought into it?  They're not even copying the important parts of what we're doing.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/pre-ann-pow-pos-pob-unlimited-supply-no-halving-slow-distribution-1231951
36 hours until launch!
One BARR appears to be worth 0.00002834BTC at this point in time and there are 10,000,000 BARRs out there

Incorrect.  Where did you get that figure?  BARR is at 3.3 NXT, so it's more like .00009000 BTC.

And there are 0 BARRs currently out there in circulation, with a maximum of 1,500,000 issued by the end of the first exchange period, if we burn 100% of the supplies of KEY, FRAC, and XAI.

30BTC = 1,058,223 BARR

So how many BARRs per BITZ are you going to offer to BITZ holders?

Sorry if this is mentioned elsewhere, but how many BARR per FRAC will you offer?

You were the first person to respond on this topic, you've responded multiple times, and you're sure you don't want to participate.  You've even mockingly offered your own burn redemption to compete with BARR.

But you don't know the first detail about what we're doing?  You've declined our offer, but you don't know what the offer is?  You've offered to match our exchange for Fractalcoin, but you don't know what you're offering to match?  If you read the thread, maybe you'll change your mind about BARR.

We're offering to put up buywalls for FRAC at up to 5000 satoshis, and to exchange 1 FRAC for .5 BARR.  Our estimated price for BARR is 10,000 satoshis.  But since prices can change, and we're subject to the price of NXT, the price of BTC, the price of BARR, and the price of FRAC, the exchange rate is fixed for the 30-day burn period.  3 NXT was worth 10,000 satoshis when we set the exchange rate 2 weeks ago, but it's less now.  It could be a lot more than that by the end of the burn period, but there's no way of knowing.

So no matter what happens with any of the prices, we will honor all exchanges of FRAC at the set rate of .5 BARR per FRAC, or 2 FRAC for 1 BARR, and we will attempt to buy all FRAC at Cryptsy at up to 5000 satoshis, until the exchange period ends on November 30.

It's too early to set an exchange rate for BITZ for December, but one possibility is a value of BARR at 15,000 satoshis and BITZ at 1500, with an exchange rate of .1 BARR per BITZ, or 10 BITZ for 1 BARR.  That means all BITZ holders would have the opportunity to sell their BITZ for .00001500btc, or exchange it for BARR at the same value.  And then at the end of December, we would stop exchanging for BITZ and stop buying BITZ.

Pages:
Jump to: