Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [BARR] The Only Cryptocurrency Where No One's Ever Lost Money - page 25. (Read 39324 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
A Wound in Eternity
One BARR appears to be worth 0.00002834BTC at this point in time and there are 10,000,000 BARRs out there

30BTC = 1,058,223 BARR

So how many BARRs per BITZ are you going to offer to BITZ holders?

Sorry if this is mentioned elsewhere, but how many BARR per FRAC will you offer?
Activity: 518
Merit: 250

I didn't offer to give away any BITZ

Well I don't really want to argue about it, but you did say this:

Let's see, would you be interested in burning old coins for BITZ, we will offer a fair rate of exchange and will counter offers from BARR. What do you say?

You offered to give away enough BITZ to redeem a million FRAC @ 5000sats, a million KEY @ 5000, and 680,000 XAI @ 7500.

That's about 150 BTC worth of BITZ.

The current marketcap of BITZ is about 6 BTC, which means your offer was empty. 

BARR could offer a value of about 30 BTC for BITZ, which means it's a good deal for BITZ holders. 
legendary
A Wound in Eternity
... it looked like BITZ would be good, but if none of the community wants it then we'll probably look for something with a better chance of participation.  (Hopefully they'll realize that when your dev offers to give away the entire coin, and nobody even wants it for free, it might not be the time to turn down a good offer.)

It's still very early, so hopefully we'll get more people coming here with ideas after the launch gets going.  

I didn't offer to give away any BITZ, just the development responsibility. This would not come with BITZ. But, as you say, no takers, so we'll keep going ourselves.
O ffs, there are too many altcoins already.  If you're going to release a new one, you could at least show that you've helped make room for it.  Prove you're serious, with OFFS.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
We've updated the OP with information about OFFS:  BARR Certified Altcoin Offset Credits.

OFFS are only earned by burning BARR, and act as a quantifiable measure of contribution to the crypto community.  The number of OFFS held by a person or group can be used as their Altcoin Offset Rating.  

We hope to establish OFFS as a credibility rating for all new crypto projects and developers, and that will create additional demand and a practical use for buying BARR.

For now the plan is to make them exchangeable, which allows us to issue OFFS as an actual asset which can be held apart from our database.  Anyone's claim of an Altcoin Offset Rating can be publicly verified in a decentralized process, simply by checking the OFFS balance in a NXT account.
Does anybody else have some suggestions for our December coins?  Ideally we're looking for up to 6 coins plus a Wild Card.  We're leaning towards Lyrabar for the Wild Card, because we're anticipating enough surplus from the first burn period to afford that.  But we were waiting for some more feedback before we started deciding the regular coins for burn.  

If we don't get a few people making requests and/or voting in the next 2 weeks, we'll have to just have to decide some coins and go with them.  Maybe EMC2, Prospercoin, it looked like BITZ would be good, but if none of the community wants it then we'll probably look for something with a better chance of participation.  (Hopefully they'll realize that when your dev offers to give away the entire coin, and nobody even wants it for free, it might not be the time to turn down a good offer.)

It's still very early, so hopefully we'll get more people coming here with ideas after the launch gets going.  
Less than 72 hours til launch, get your KEY, FRAC, and XAI wallets synced!
We've also updated the list of eligible coins, which includes every coin at CoinMarketCap that appears to be ready for burn redemption.  There are 90 coins, including our 3 launch coins, and we've also added a list of 10 coins that could be eligible as Wild Cards. 

There is a real possibility that we can absorb large percentages of all 100 of these coins over the next 4 years.  We do hope to add more coins from the ineligible list if they become eligible, but we will not be adding any coins launched after 2015 until we've made significant progress on these existing coins. 
Alright, the list of ineligible coins is complete for now.  Check page 1, there are 400 coins listed, each with reasons for ineligibility.  

We need community feedback on any updated information, because some of it could already be changed by tomorrow.  A coin may become eligible if a new block explorer is brought online, or if other disqualifying factors are rectified such as Allcoin markets re-opening or coins getting re-listed on an exchange.  If a coin's marketcap is currently higher than we can afford, it could easily become available if its price falls. 

We will appreciate any corrections about information in our list which may be incorrect.

Now the BITZ dev says instead of turning over the project to someone else, he'll exchange BITZ for other burned altcoins.  Maybe he'll accept BARR, it's too early to say:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=954125.1220

And also there's a new Pre-ANN for something called BAC Burn All Coins, but they say they haven't decided how it will work yet.  I'm interested in their solutions to the problems we're working on:  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12809972

if Fractalcoin and Keycoin are wiped out it makes no difference to anything. It's just yet another fad in altcoin distribution.

#1, It makes a difference to holders of Fractalcoin and Keycoin.  Both of these networks are on the verge of collapse; when they eventually stop running, all holders will be stuck with their bags forever.  BARR can never stop running unless NXT stops running.  BARR can never be delisted, because its exchange is coded into the NXT wallet.

#2, There will always be fads.  Old coins will become briefly popular again, hyped and re-used for pumps and dumps...but not Fractalcoin or Keycoin.  Nobody will be able to dump them after we destroy their supplies.  

#3, BARR is the only way to earn Altcoin Offset Credits.
legendary
A Wound in Eternity
The dev for BITZ is looking for someone to takeover the coin.  I offered a BARR takeover.  Opinions?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=954125.1220

BARR is just like any other crypto, just a different distribution by apparently swallowing up some minor alts, but consider the fact that the top 5 altcoins (Litecoin, Ethereum, Bitshares, Dash & Dogecoin) makes up about 97% of the total volume of traded altcoins so if Fractalcoin and Keycoin are wiped out it makes no difference to anything. It's just yet another fad in altcoin distribution.

If BITZ holders wants to swap for BARR that's up to them. I don't hold that many and I'll keep them.
The dev for BITZ is looking for someone to takeover the coin.  I offered a BARR takeover.  Opinions?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=954125.1220
You could try sending coins to yourself, to consolidate them into fewer blocks.  But I wouldn't recommend doing anything until you talk with some other Craigscoin users who are familiar with the wallet. 

Some wallets have "coin control" which lets you see the groups of outputs.  If you have hundreds of deposits into your wallet (especially using multiple addresses), then you can't really send all those coins in "one transaction".  If it's telling you the transaction is too many bytes, then it's probably trying to send lots of different groups of coins at the same time.  Since you deposited them into different addresses, each address has to send its coins individually.  So when you try to send 20,000 coins, it's putting together all these little transactions, 50 coins, 100 coins, another 100 coins, etc.
Activity: 732
Craigscoin blockexplorer can be found here: http://craig.explorer.bitnodes.net/

I'm trying to get Cryptsy to unlock their Craigscoin wallet.
The support ticket is still open and waiting for a response from Mullick

They have it locked for withdrawals as well as deposits?  That's not a good sign;  if people can't send their coins from Cryptsy, then a lot of holders won't be able to participate in the coin swap.  Plus that kind of means there's no active trading market.

If a new wallet is released that fixes the problems, then maybe it would be ready to go.

Right. I'll ask them for a status update on the support ticket. There is no reason why it shouldn't be unlocked. Bitnodes.net is supporting a full node.

And yes wallet transfers are working, it's just that coinage somehow causes issues with maximum transfer fees and bytes.
Anyone know a way to reset coinage in a wallet without having to transfer it to another address?

They have it locked for withdrawals as well as deposits?  That's not a good sign;  if people can't send their coins from Cryptsy, then a lot of holders won't be able to participate in the coin swap.  Plus that kind of means there's no active trading market.

If a new wallet is released that fixes the problems, then maybe it would be ready to go.
I'd like to ask that Craigscoin be added to the list for December.

We've been needing more requests, thanks!

If you read the first page, you'll see that there are a few things a coin needs, in order for the process to work.  Craigscoin is listed at Cryptsy, so it qualifies for having an active market.

A working block explorer is a must-have.  The one at https://www.blockexperts.com/craig is not running, but there's another one that works at http://craig.explorer.bitnodes.net and it says the current supply is 30,075,746.  

Now we will need to see if we have a provable burn address that works, which shouldn't be a problem.

But are you able to send coins from your wallet?  If the wallet or blockchain isn't working properly, then you won't be able to send the coins to the burn address.  

I'd like to ask that Craigscoin be added to the list for December.

We've had some people asking which coins they can burn, so I'll sum up some details as a brief recap:

The first exchange period is from November 1 to November 30, and we're accepting 3 coins for burn redemption:  Keycoin, Fractalcoin, and Sapience. 

Because we want to burn as many coins as we can from each coin's total supply, we're only doing certain coins at one time.  We concentrate on those coins, and then we move on to other coins.  There will be a different group of coins accepted for burn redemption during December.

Sending coins to provable burn addresses is the only way to make sure those coins can never be spent again.  When we burn a coin, it has to have a working block explorer so the transactions are publicly available to everyone, so that anyone can see for themselves that the coins have actually been burned.  If the blockchain isn't working or the coins can't be sent, then we can't accept that coin for burn redemption at least until it gets fixed. 
Pages:
Jump to: