Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [BEE2] [BEECOIN V2] POW X11/POS Hybrid - Now With CLIENT CHAT Feature! - page 3. (Read 133390 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 10
A pool to mine? And which exchange we trade it?
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
So how is the progress coming along? Any rough estimates on the code update etc? Would love to see this coin back on the map.

Work in progress: https://github.com/gjhiggins/been/commits/bee

(Visual infelicity courtesy of Qt not yet being fully to speed w.r.t. 4K displays).

Currently working on the ledger transfer implementation. For an example, see https://github.com/jinwangbi/goldennetcoin/blob/master/src/snapshot.cpp

Cheers

Graham

I never saw that pic before perhaps it didnt load in. But it looks quite good. Is this what the nav wallet looks like I have never had nav.

It nice of the wallet to show the staking that will happen in those coming time periods.
legendary

I lost the 2fa code and could not find the email support to help. How can I access my account? Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

2fa? did beecoin2 have that feature? never noticed it before or is this some bot spamming nonsense?
Activity: 1
Merit: 0

I lost the 2fa code and could not find the email support to help. How can I access my account? Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
So how is the progress coming along? Any rough estimates on the code update etc? Would love to see this coin back on the map.

(Visual infelicity courtesy of Qt not yet being fully to speed w.r.t. 4K displays).

Currently working on the ledger transfer implementation. For an example, see https://github.com/jinwangbi/goldennetcoin/blob/master/src/snapshot.cpp

Cheers

Graham

Thanks for the update, Graham.
I am glad to know that this project is still under development.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

Cheers

Graham
legendary

Still working on getting the published Navcoin test code to compile:

gjh@chrome ~/minkiz/fabshop/BeeCoinWork/navcoin-core $ make
Making all in src
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/gjh/minkiz/fabshop/BeeCoinWork/navcoin-core/src'
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/gjh/minkiz/fabshop/BeeCoinWork/navcoin-core/src'
  CXXLD    test/test_navcoin
libnavcoin_server.a(libnavcoin_server_a-init.o): In function `StartShutdown()':
/home/gjh/minkiz/fabshop/BeeCoinWork/navcoin-core/src/init.cpp:138: multiple definition of `StartShutdown()'
test/test_test_navcoin-test_navcoin.o:/home/gjh/minkiz/fabshop/BeeCoinWork/navcoin-core/src/test/test_navcoin.cpp:149: first defined here
libnavcoin_server.a(libnavcoin_server_a-init.o): In function `ShutdownRequested()':
/home/gjh/minkiz/fabshop/BeeCoinWork/navcoin-core/src/init.cpp:142: multiple definition of `ShutdownRequested()'
test/test_test_navcoin-test_navcoin.o:/home/gjh/minkiz/fabshop/BeeCoinWork/navcoin-core/src/test/test_navcoin.cpp:154: first defined here
libnavcoin_wallet.a(libnavcoin_wallet_a-navtech.o): In function `Navtech::FindAnonServer(std::vector >, long, int)':
/home/gjh/minkiz/fabshop/BeeCoinWork/navcoin-core/src/wallet/navtech.cpp:107: undefined reference to `curl_global_init'
/home/gjh/minkiz/fabshop/BeeCoinWork/navcoin-core/src/wallet/navtech.cpp:108: undefined reference to `curl_easy_init'
/home/gjh/minkiz/fabshop/BeeCoinWork/navcoin-core/src/wallet/navtech.cpp:115: undefined reference to `curl_easy_setopt'
/home/gjh/minkiz/fabshop/BeeCoinWork/navcoin-core/src/wallet/navtech.cpp:116: undefined reference to `curl_easy_setopt'
/home/gjh/minkiz/fabshop/BeeCoinWork/navcoin-core/src/wallet/navtech.cpp:117: undefined reference to `curl_easy_setopt'
/home/gjh/minkiz/fabshop/BeeCoinWork/navcoin-core/src/wallet/navtech.cpp:118: undefined reference to `curl_easy_setopt'
/home/gjh/minkiz/fabshop/BeeCoinWork/navcoin-core/src/wallet/navtech.cpp:119: undefined reference to `curl_easy_setopt'
libnavcoin_wallet.a(libnavcoin_wallet_a-navtech.o):/home/gjh/minkiz/fabshop/BeeCoinWork/navcoin-core/src/wallet/navtech.cpp:120: more undefined references to `curl_easy_setopt' follow
[...]
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:3682: recipe for target 'test/test_navcoin' failed
make[2]: *** [test/test_navcoin] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/gjh/minkiz/fabshop/BeeCoinWork/navcoin-core/src'
Makefile:9095: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/gjh/minkiz/fabshop/BeeCoinWork/navcoin-core/src'
Makefile:681: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Edit - fixed the above. Results from running the Navcoin test suite:

Running 213 test cases...
[...]
*** 178 failures detected in test suite "NavCoin Test Suite"

Now I know the baseline, for when I try running the Bee test suite.

Cheers

Graham

thanks for the update on this graham... it's is good news Smiley

I am looking forward to launching a new thread and generating new interesting in bee through micro tasks and ways to earn and contribute to beecoin and building a nice active community again.

Also I found another beecoin wallet I have so all my beecoins are not taken by the thieves at allcoin. I thought I had some left but now I discover i have twice as much as I previously thought which is always good for moral Smiley

Still hate allcoin though since i now looked on my emc2 wallet and noticed they took those too which just shot up....grrrr.

legendary

Still working on getting the published Navcoin test code to compile:

gjh@chrome ~/minkiz/fabshop/BeeCoinWork/navcoin-core $ make
Making all in src
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/gjh/minkiz/fabshop/BeeCoinWork/navcoin-core/src'
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/gjh/minkiz/fabshop/BeeCoinWork/navcoin-core/src'
  CXXLD    test/test_navcoin
libnavcoin_server.a(libnavcoin_server_a-init.o): In function `StartShutdown()':
/home/gjh/minkiz/fabshop/BeeCoinWork/navcoin-core/src/init.cpp:138: multiple definition of `StartShutdown()'
test/test_test_navcoin-test_navcoin.o:/home/gjh/minkiz/fabshop/BeeCoinWork/navcoin-core/src/test/test_navcoin.cpp:149: first defined here
libnavcoin_server.a(libnavcoin_server_a-init.o): In function `ShutdownRequested()':
/home/gjh/minkiz/fabshop/BeeCoinWork/navcoin-core/src/init.cpp:142: multiple definition of `ShutdownRequested()'
test/test_test_navcoin-test_navcoin.o:/home/gjh/minkiz/fabshop/BeeCoinWork/navcoin-core/src/test/test_navcoin.cpp:154: first defined here
libnavcoin_wallet.a(libnavcoin_wallet_a-navtech.o): In function `Navtech::FindAnonServer(std::vector >, long, int)':
/home/gjh/minkiz/fabshop/BeeCoinWork/navcoin-core/src/wallet/navtech.cpp:107: undefined reference to `curl_global_init'
/home/gjh/minkiz/fabshop/BeeCoinWork/navcoin-core/src/wallet/navtech.cpp:108: undefined reference to `curl_easy_init'
/home/gjh/minkiz/fabshop/BeeCoinWork/navcoin-core/src/wallet/navtech.cpp:115: undefined reference to `curl_easy_setopt'
/home/gjh/minkiz/fabshop/BeeCoinWork/navcoin-core/src/wallet/navtech.cpp:116: undefined reference to `curl_easy_setopt'
/home/gjh/minkiz/fabshop/BeeCoinWork/navcoin-core/src/wallet/navtech.cpp:117: undefined reference to `curl_easy_setopt'
/home/gjh/minkiz/fabshop/BeeCoinWork/navcoin-core/src/wallet/navtech.cpp:118: undefined reference to `curl_easy_setopt'
/home/gjh/minkiz/fabshop/BeeCoinWork/navcoin-core/src/wallet/navtech.cpp:119: undefined reference to `curl_easy_setopt'
libnavcoin_wallet.a(libnavcoin_wallet_a-navtech.o):/home/gjh/minkiz/fabshop/BeeCoinWork/navcoin-core/src/wallet/navtech.cpp:120: more undefined references to `curl_easy_setopt' follow
[...]
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:3682: recipe for target 'test/test_navcoin' failed
make[2]: *** [test/test_navcoin] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/gjh/minkiz/fabshop/BeeCoinWork/navcoin-core/src'
Makefile:9095: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/gjh/minkiz/fabshop/BeeCoinWork/navcoin-core/src'
Makefile:681: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Edit - fixed the above. Results from running the Navcoin test suite:

Running 213 test cases...
[...]
*** 178 failures detected in test suite "NavCoin Test Suite"

Now I know the baseline, for when I try running the Bee test suite.

Cheers

Graham
legendary

A few persons have asked me this I am not sure. Only graham can give any real indication.

The pivX route was not a success, the code base is very complex and in some ways seems to be kind of experimental. Several teams trying to clone it have come unstuck so this is perhaps what is causing graham to start again on another direction.

On another note

as yet nobody has really come forward for the website building task for beecoin for a beecoin bounty. This is probably due to the current beecoin has no exchange and therefore no real way for actually redeeming them for fiat.

Perhaps for now we can consider doing it the other way around. How much $ would we expect for a nice website like one of the nice designs any crypto related project has on here? perhaps it would be better to pay in usd and later sell bee coins to redeem this debt.

I believe personally when we bring the new stable code base and launch a new thread with bounties it will get a lot more interest especially if beecoin is on an exchange or 2.

Activity: 838
Merit: 500
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
Hi to everyone.
Sorry for not being here since so long time.
I've been here with the username quovadiz but my account has been hacked and then stolen.
Somebody else is now using my account quovadiz.
I've already contacted the administrators but it seems there are no so many hopes to take back the control of my old account.
Please note that if quovadiz will write here again it's not me anymore but he is a thief.
In the lucky case I'll have my account back I'll let you know.
So, I'll start from zero with this new account as pass75.
I pray GREEDYJHON that sometimes send me PM with the latest news of BeeCoin to write me to pass75 instead to quovadiz.

Changing speech I'm very happy seeing that something is moving here and Graham is taking care of this coin investing his precious time.

On my side I can confirm my VPS is always online keeping the BeeCoin node 5.189.154.154 up and running 24/7.

Thank you for your attention, Ottavio.

that I didn't thought about that to setup a node.
when I have the time I will also do that too help the network
legendary
Hi to everyone.
I've been here with the username quovadiz but my account has been hacked and then stolen.
I've already contacted the administrators but it seems there are no so many hopes to take back the control of my old account.
Please note that if quovadiz will write here again it's not me anymore but he is a thief.
I pray GREEDYJHON that sometimes send me PM with the latest news of BeeCoin to write me to pass75 instead to quovadiz.

Changing speech I'm very happy seeing that something is moving here and Graham is taking care of this coin investing his precious time.

On my side I can confirm my VPS is always online keeping the BeeCoin node 5.189.154.154 up and running 24/7.

thanks for keeping a node on line for us that is very good news.

hope you get your account back but unless you have confirmed a btc address of some alt address and had it reposted by others previously on a thread they will not give it back to you i fear.

Unfortunately I never put my BTC address in my signature.
The only way I have is the IP of my VPS that I wrote in a pair of my old posts.
Of course I can prove this IP belongs to me but it seems the moderators are not so inclined to do extra investigations.
On the other way it's not so big loss. I'm just angry somebody else is using what is mine and I cannot have it back.
What is certain is that the security of this forum is awful. Once the password is stolen the account is lost because the hacker can change password and recovery email in one time without any confirmation by the real owner.

Yeah this is my feelings on this too. i don't understand why there is not email verification.

Feel free to find this account when it posts and warn people about it on his threads.
Activity: 57
Hi to everyone.

hope you get your account back but unless you have confirmed a btc address of some alt address and had it reposted by others previously on a thread they will not give it back to you i fear.

Unfortunately I never put my BTC address in my signature.
The only way I have is the IP of my VPS that I wrote in a pair of my old posts.
Of course I can prove this IP belongs to me but it seems the moderators are not so inclined to do extra investigations.
On the other way it's not so big loss. I'm just angry somebody else is using what is mine and I cannot have it back.
What is certain is that the security of this forum is awful. Once the password is stolen the account is lost because the hacker can change password and recovery email in one time without any confirmation by the real owner.
legendary
Hi to everyone.

legendary
what graham is trying to do with our emulation of pivX.
Not looking too favourable for bee-as-pivx (work-in-progress has been committed as beep). Going down the PIVX route without a strong technical team could be terminally disastrous.

Max Guevara did call it correctly when he observed:
Porting over a bunch of complicated features at once is a sure fire way to break lots of things. Trying to implement two big projects like Masternodes and PoS at once is not very prudent. A phased approach where each feature is added and thoroughly reviewed and tested is the way to go. PivX is on a different code base from Quark, this complicates matters. PivX also has an old modified PoS implementation that's different from Peercoin.

In a different context (Slimcoin, a PPclone), I was recently informed: “Blocknet (a Pivx/Dash/PPcoin clone) was hacked in early Oct by someone who discovered a way to exploit the staking mechanism for personal gain. Apparently PIVX had discovered and quietly repaired its code some time before.” and directed to a reddit post:
“On 27 Sept, we became aware of a critical staking protocol bug inherited from the PPC/Dash/PivX codebase. Furthermore, we noticed a malicious actor appeared to have exploited this bug the very day before. (which, however improbably, was that the code lacked a check on the number of coins in a stake reward).”
(The PPcoin code that implemented the check on stake reward value had apparently been lost during the extensive refactoring to PIVX.)

The other route that I'm investigating involves removing the proprietary anon functionality from Navcoin, a Core 0.13 clone adapted to use PoW-then-PoS (work-in-progress has been committed as been). One important feature of Core 0.13 is the introduction of OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY, gateway to the existing decentralised exchanges.

Cheers

Graham

Thanks for the update on this graham.

PIVx seems so complex even the pivx team has some issues at times.  They are digging deep in to zerocoin implementation it seems and hit a few snags.
Activity: 57
Hi to everyone.

Activity: 9
Not looking too favourable for bee-as-pivx (work-in-progress has been committed as beep). Going down the PIVX route without a strong technical team could be terminally disastrous.

Porting over a bunch of complicated features at once is a sure fire way to break lots of things. Trying to implement two big projects like Masternodes and PoS at once is not very prudent. A phased approach where each feature is added and thoroughly reviewed and tested is the way to go. PivX is on a different code base from Quark, this complicates matters. PivX also has an old modified PoS implementation that's different from Peercoin.

In a different context (Slimcoin, a PPclone), I was recently informed: “Blocknet (a Pivx/Dash/PPcoin clone) was hacked in early Oct by someone who discovered a way to exploit the staking mechanism for personal gain. Apparently PIVX had discovered and quietly repaired its code some time before.” and directed to a reddit post:
“On 27 Sept, we became aware of a critical staking protocol bug inherited from the PPC/Dash/PivX codebase. Furthermore, we noticed a malicious actor appeared to have exploited this bug the very day before. (which, however improbably, was that the code lacked a check on the number of coins in a stake reward).”
(The PPcoin code that implemented the check on stake reward value had apparently been lost during the extensive refactoring to PIVX.)

The other route that I'm investigating involves removing the proprietary anon functionality from Navcoin, a Core 0.13 clone adapted to use PoW-then-PoS (work-in-progress has been committed as been). One important feature of Core 0.13 is the introduction of OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY, gateway to the existing decentralised exchanges.

Cheers

Graham

Thank you very much Graham.

I see on this level of detailed communication between the development and the user/big-community side as a very healthy thing.
As for implementing complicated features, I guess we will all agree on choosing the safest path.

Thank you for the update!

legendary

Cheers

Graham
Activity: 838
Merit: 500
Mine just recently got fully synced automagically. A lot of small stakes coming in. Anyone remember what is the POS interest on this coin now?
Activity: 362
Merit: 100
Hi guys,
Long time no see......  Grin

Just trying to sync my wallet.... 3 days and counting  Huh
Stuck with 69891 blocks left...
Are there issues anyone knows about ?

not that I know .
and it really takes a while .
few pages back there is somewhere a synced blockchain.
that you also can use .

Can't seem to find it...
Would someone be so kind and re-post a link ?
Cheers
http://www.mediafire.com/file/896t65m8mv9gpdp/BeeCoinV2.rar

and these are the nodes

addnode=144.76.64.49

addnode=73.211.15.158:1108
addnode=5.189.154.154:1108
addnode=86.88.39.133:49534
addnode=31.130.253.12:53214
addnode=51.6.166.115:1108
addnode=24.11.237.176:53281
addnode=96.246.48.110:50519

right add node in conf you try it again ,if not normal  you should delete your whole bockchain files to re-sync.
Pages:
Jump to: