Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [BEN] Benjamins ◄ SHA-256 ►◄ BOUNTY AVAILABLE to make BEN merge mineable!! - page 11. (Read 94337 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Activity: 314
Merit: 250
150 hours 29 minutes 36 seconds since last Block on http://ben.hasher.ca Pool

That is just Ridiculous, any change in Difficulty/Block time will make these coins worthless even more than they already are !

I'm a BEN holder but it's the Truth Sad

Even the Heartbleed Fix hasn't been Adhered to, it's still running on the old OpenSSL...

Solution is easy, make a donation fund for BEN, than offer those BEN to developer who will change BEN to POS coin, than there will not be any additional mining, just POS rewards, like Black Coin. No more BEN mining, no more problems with dificulty, just cool coin.

Interesting idea. How do transactions get processed in this POS setup?

Pos coins are not mineable, it means,at first they are either mined or somehow distributed. Than owners of POS coins get reward every month/weak/year for beeing online and keeping network working. Check Black coin, or Diamond coin, Diamond went from POW to POW/POS and got 10x value increase. Right now BEN are very rare, so with all the rare coins POS will make atractive them for keeping, because more you own, the more you get as reward when you are keeping network online. Also, there is not mining, so there are not any huge requirements for hardware, in fact even mobile phone wallet can be used for getting POS stakes. Simple rule, the more your walet is online, the more coins wallet owns, the more stake coins owner gets as reward.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126

That is just Ridiculous, any change in Difficulty/Block time will make these coins worthless even more than they already are !

Even the Heartbleed Fix hasn't been Adhered to, it's still running on the old OpenSSL...

Solution is easy, make a donation fund for BEN, than offer those BEN to developer who will change BEN to POS coin, than there will not be any additional mining, just POS rewards, like Black Coin. No more BEN mining, no more problems with dificulty, just cool coin.

Interesting idea. How do transactions get processed in this POS setup?

Lay out for me your suggestions. Please. Do you have any?

Not that I am the one to fix things, I am just as lost as many others when it comes to fixing this. (though I too am trying to learn.)

This sucks donkey penor. I am very fond of this coin, though not as fond as itsunderstood seems to be, and I really had high hopes.
Even with the mistake made by the dev, the coin was worth fixing then, I wish he had not bailed.

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Anyway, I am thinking of some kind of micro-scale market whereby Benjamins are pegged to metals.  Since their price is suppressed as well, far too low for a nice float of 2.4 million coins (or so?) and an open skeletal blockchain which is the child of 1000s of brilliant developers who worked for free on a lot of it!  What a great time for humans to know their surroundings!  Mine Benjamins with me friends, and let us see what we can make of the future.

Have you looked at any of the precious metal exchanges that accept bitcoin?   May be a place to start.   One place I found is Agora Commodities. 
Activity: 658
Merit: 500

[quoting myself for ease of reference]

This video is awesome.  What I love about TF is his humility yet keen mind.

This interview is a must listen, and the interviewer is also very smart.  GO TO 36:00 in, to hear the culmination of what is the truth:

I will step in and lay it down for you very simply here:   The question tabled is: "Does a collapse in China credit markets mean an upward momentum for the price of gold?"  A simple question, but notice how truthfully a master sage like TF answers it.  He actually allows the interviewer, to say the answer, and then kinda nods in agreement.  Haha, I could listen to TF all day, we need him to have his own national broadcast at NBA star wages, asap.

Okay so the answer is surely given here in this video.  China and USD and Ruble and Euro, are all essentially pegged as if by Ahab's spear, to Bitcoin.  When BTC drops below [insert number] there are always smart people (imo) snatching up shares/coins of the genesis blockchain, the big boy, BTC.  So, I am saying, all nations fiats are pegged to the bigblockchain, BTC.

Okay so, this is where the curveball comes in as these very smart men, discuss gold, they talk about the tactician, James Rickards, who played CHINA, hehe, as far as I can recall, in his money-wars simulation run by the DOD.  Hehe, it is also like that game [insert WW2 game here] where you can choose your nation and yes, during war time, economy becomes both weapon and shield.

Anyway, as everyone who studies James Rickards' work knows his book [ http://www.amazon.com/Currency-Wars-Making-Global-Crisis/dp/1591845564/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1398016901 ] wherein the game I am talking about, is described by him.  Okay so what happens in terms of war strat money war sim is this [THIS IS MY THEORY COMBINED WITH THESE GREAT MINDS ABOVE WHO DON'T EVEN KNOW ME and actually I haven't read Jim's book only listened to his interviews]:

1: Both China and the US reveal shadow comex GLD holders (corporate-clouds) and China has more, and so they call gold, and comex fails but it's done slowly.  Already may be happening imo.
2: As TF points out at 37:00 it makes sense for China to then peg to true gold price once suppression is revealed (jim wille style gold reset)
3: gold (real in hand or deliverable) literally skyrockets along with all suppressed metals in hand that one can hold/ship.  ALSO CONTRACTS MATTER HERE RE: cryptocoin as contract blockchain transaction machine.
4: naturally, again, mining commences, land rights, water rights, etc
5: Real war may happen under the cover of simply mining companies who need to find metals for the banks/economy emergency.  <<< It sounds silly and simple but it's obviously the simplest way to field war machine along with earthmoving and riflemen to guard the sites.  END THEORY.

...So that's the cloudy vision I see, of the potantial future throw-down between these monetary state gunfighters. 

Hehe, what would Benjamin Franklin have thought of the Old Weste?  To him it would be The Future West, haha!  Ohhh, meme incoming, I think Wasteland Benjamin looks good in any era, or universe, don't you?

Anyway, I am thinking of some kind of micro-scale market whereby Benjamins are pegged to metals.  Since their price is suppressed as well, far too low for a nice float of 2.4 million coins (or so?) and an open skeletal blockchain which is the child of 1000s of brilliant developers who worked for free on a lot of it!  What a great time for humans to know their surroundings!  Mine Benjamins with me friends, and let us see what we can make of the future.

I really enjoy reading your posts.   You are a bright star in the midst of a big dark void here and thank you for your insights and visions. 
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
For what it's worth:

We've migrated this coin to our new servers (Updated stratum URL). Now with DDoS protection and faster all around!

Earn some BEN mining at the Hasher pool:

http://ben.hasher.ca

PPLNS
Mobile Friendly
VARDIFF Support
Worker/Block/Payout Notifications
DDoS Protection

Happy Hashing!

We've now added BEN to our new multipool site. Simple mining, no accounts. Just mine with your BEN address:

http://multi.hasher.ca

Check it out!

Happy Hashing!
[
BEN is dead. I love it, but the FUD spread by itsunderstood member, killed all the discussion how to fix the problem. Doesn't matter how it will be fixed, even copy&past of other cool coin sourcecode + using old chain will help ben more, than few days confirmation time. Like DMD did, they turned to POS and got 10x value. Do it with ben, and it will skyrocket. And first thing to do, is to remove all posts from itsunderstood, he is sick and his posts completly destroyed trust in this coin.

DMD?
I'm pretty sure BEN is a lost cause now Unfortunately, I am a Holder as well Sad

Mined block confirmations are taking days, weeks, months you can't even send BEN quickly anymore it's like 3 days - 1 week for a transaction Sad

I got to admit, the Security is good for the above reasons, like a Titanium Door behind another Titanium door and so on.

KGW will kill the Coin, Short block time will also ruin the coin for it being a Sha-256 Cryptocurrency, But a 10 minute blocktime which in reality is 10Hours+ to solve a block is pretty Harsh as well as the insane Difficulty considering not many People mine anymore except a few, its hard to keep things running smoothly.

Bounties & BTC have been offered to Fork & or Merge Mine BENjamins but there are no takers, even people mucking around with the source are having troubles with it.

I really don't know what to say other than BEN is a Diamond in the Dirt !

BEN is dead. I love it, but the FUD spread by itsunderstood member, killed all the discussion how to fix the problem. Doesn't matter how it will be fixed, even copy&past of other cool coin sourcecode + using old chain will help ben more, than few days confirmation time. Like DMD did, they turned to POS and got 10x value. Do it with ben, and it will skyrocket. And first thing to do, is to remove all posts from itsunderstood, he is sick and his posts completly destroyed trust in this coin.
Who is offering BTC?
For that matter, who is offering Bounties of any sort?
Dev is gone, so who is offering what and where are they offering it? (other than the mention of a ben bounty at the top of the thread...)

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001
I'm pretty sure BEN is a lost cause now Unfortunately, I am a Holder as well Sad

Mined block confirmations are taking days, weeks, months you can't even send BEN quickly anymore it's like 3 days - 1 week for a transaction Sad

I got to admit, the Security is good for the above reasons, like a Titanium Door behind another Titanium door and so on.

KGW will kill the Coin, Short block time will also ruin the coin for it being a Sha-256 Cryptocurrency, But a 10 minute blocktime which in reality is 10Hours+ to solve a block is pretty Harsh as well as the insane Difficulty considering not many People mine anymore except a few, its hard to keep things running smoothly.

Bounties & BTC have been offered to Fork & or Merge Mine BENjamins but there are no takers, even people mucking around with the source are having troubles with it.

I really don't know what to say other than BEN is a Diamond in the Dirt !

Activity: 364
American1973
If I had 1500 USD to invest...

Me too.   Even when I do (could happen soon) I would buy mining gear. but yes also I would buy some Bens.
American1973
I want to apologize to Ben holders for any cause my words and attitude might ever have on the price of this blockchain, market cap now a very reasonable 15k USD which is ghreat for 2.4 million coins and open code.

I am purposefully NOT promoting my attachment to Benjamins, i want to protect it.  Sadly, I have to wait for others to catch up.

But I see this as a key opportunity for you, the lover of Liberty, to invest say 1500 USD and thereby pwn a significant portion of the liberty coin.  The blockchain of 1776 ghosts.

Now I must tell yu I hold Benjamins, yes, I mine them.  So when I tell you: Go buy tem, it is a bet on myself.  I am betting on myself long term, therefore do I see mining as being essentially a 24/7 VOTING PROCESS as to what principle you live for every second.

See all the coines and yon blockechain that can be made!  What of them have integrity!! I could name a few but why bother?  I like simplicity, and patience, and security.  "Mine your own business" as Ben Franklin might say.

Haha.  Wink

Well I have other threads on Ye Internetes that will bring laser like focus onto this blockchain, and these are being slowly cajoled into position.  Soon, buys will begin raining down on Benjamins in massive amounts.  I am not saying I can move prices like trading robots can, I am saying I can do it better than them.  But, it might take the span of a blockchain's lifespan.  A BTC clone like Ben is 30 years, so, this will be a long thread so long as I am alive.   Let's bet on the long run, for liberty.

But in the meantime, I am sorry if I hit nerves that upset people, I try to save that for the conspiracy forums.
American1973

http://rt.com/business/154324-bitcoin-russia-conference-advatages/

Bitcoin lures

Lack of government regulation is one of Bitcoin’s greatest advantages, experts at the conference said.

“It cannot be manipulated by politics in an easy way,” said Dr. Bastian Brand. “Just to take an extreme scenario, all the wars in the world have been paid for… by inflation, by printing money. This is not that easy with Bitcoin,” he said.

With Bitcoin none of governments’ “fancy” tools like quantitative easing or economic stimulus can happen, Ver said.

“There’s a fixed supply, there will never be more than 21 million bitcoins. That’s a fantastic benefit that Bitcoin has over traditional government fiat currencies.

Another advantage for the crypto-currency is that it doesn’t include huge charges.

“If you have international money transfers, so far they are awfully expensive,” Ver said. “With Bitcoin, especially in the case with these tax-heavy people, you can cut out a lot of costs.”

Seems important:  Bitcoin (and any 1776 child of it which is taken up by good people) can end fiat war debt.

That matters.  So, mine Benjamins or Bitcoin, whichever one you think has more of the spirit of 1776 in it.  Me, I see Benjamins as the sort of perfectly cracked liberty bell that this time needs.  I mine Benjamins on principle e'en as we see the price get smashed by haters of liberty [shrug].

I am in it for the long haul, also I am working on making Benjamins convertible into metals.  You know, COTUS principles and such.  There is no greater terrorist of today to the powers which usurp Benjamin Franklin's face, then a single person who understands or discusses the Constitution of the United States, which as I said, is a DEBT DOCUMENT.  Read Black's Law Dictionary under "Constitutor" is means "One who pays the debt of another"

How can Brazil, for example, have a Constitution for the Internet (LOL)??  There's no war debt to solidify it!  You cannot have Constitutional contracting (all law is based in contract law) without debt!  It's not possible by the definition of the word "Constitutor", I am not making this up, I have a pretty decent size law library.
American1973
American1973
I downloaded Benjamins-Master fine and it unzipped into directory of same name just fine.  It's a big file tho, try again?

edit

Are you meaning this link: [ https://codeload.github.com/benjaminsSource/Benjamins/zip/master ] which is giving a 503 error?

If so I can upload the source if the download link is offline.

edit

Okay so the source is still on github no prob: [ https://github.com/benjaminsSource/Benjamins/blob/master/src/main.h ]   ...This is the easiest way to read and learn the variables.  I am not worried about how to fork it, I just want more of a 1776 community around a blockchain, that's all.

Yes, I will keep the historical-chatter on each page to a minimum from here out.  Now that you all are on the same page, and looking to develop the code as the freedom-hating vultures perch above us, then yes, that should be the focus. 

The link above is a great place to begin.  I am a complete programming n00b, ready for any teacher to show up and support the 1776 spirits that may hover over our efforts.
Pages:
Jump to: