Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [BEN] Benjamins ◄ SHA-256 ►◄ BOUNTY AVAILABLE to make BEN merge mineable!! - page 17. (Read 94338 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Antminer U1s can be had for $25 all day long now, the U2s for $35.
Asicminer Block Erupter 30 GH/s are about $150 on the low end.
plus, the BFL you linked too coming in at a decent price.

I should have dropped cash into SHA mining gear instead of Scrypt back in January, but, too late, already done.
So I have to scrap together what I can make with the damned scrypt mining to slowly invest in ASICs.

I will slowly build a small menagerie of various ASICs. Whatever I can find at a good price as I have the cash.

I have the added expense of a 1 year old daughter now, so spare cash is extra rare.

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
American1973
TECH UPDATE

Use Ghostery, and Mozilla, to block all ads.  Because, IP ads are now weaponized.  AGAIN:  Advertising people always held you the public in contempt, now they have weaponized all ads.

If You don't use Ghostery go into your plugins in Mozilla and get it, use it, block eveything yes everything.

I have noticed now, that a lot of the more sensationl links like "Americans ready to snap!" which just flashed across newsblok which is the feed I watch:

https://twitter.com/NBTWT

Newsblok.com ‏@NBTWT 11m

Guest Post: Real Americans Are Ready To Snap http://ift.tt/1oUXKcd

Well I go to the fake link (shortened URL which btw is some horseshit stupid technology for this very reason) and the shortened URL takes me to a Ghostery block page, which is normal I can just click 'use once' and that's fine, but a lot of them now like this one, reject that and the link won't load.  It could just be crap codeing, but I notice more hostility toward adblock software, and indeed the URL in my tagline, is literally unreadable without Ghostery.  I looked at with a non ghostery machine and practically barfed.

Block all ads and be ready for them to exploit you and to punish you.  That's how ad people think.

Use Ghostery and open source.  Reject the advertising.  Damn ad companies they move us with the subconscious anyway, they hate when their wars become open and seen in plain site, LOL.  On the East Coast USA, I buy Stop and Shop brand.  What a great brand it is.  But Shaw's is good also as is Market Basket.  All three grocers do have their own generic brand of items, all quite yummy and locally produced.  BUT why did we allow China to buy our largest hog producers?  Well, because some people are selling us out internationally.

Wherever you can get good California strawberries, is fine with me.

edit

to add newsblok link, the only damn thing I use twitter for lol
American1973
Haha here is the depth of the law knowers of today:  We cannot hear you here...  Yet it is a stroke of dumb justice for one temporary AT&T worker I guess.  HAHA, good for him, huzzah brave fellow!

Instead of nutting up as men and saying something great about the Constitution and good money, they feeble fob it onto the future generations of lawyers who will we assume to be tackling these huge great questions such as: How can we lie to people and get away with it?  How can we exploit the public and the innocent/noobs?  Etc.

Federal appeals court overturns conviction for ‘white hat’ hacker ‘Weev’
By Agence France-Presse
Friday, April 11, 2014 19:05 EDT
google plus icon

[PICTURED:] A man attends a hacking challenge in Paris on March 16, 2013 [AFP]

An appeals court in the United States overturned Friday the conviction of a self-described “security research” hacker for breaking into the AT&T online network to reveal a security flaw.

Andrew Auernheimer, known online as “weev,” was sentenced to just over three years in prison last year for breaching the AT&T network and revealing email addresses of more than 120,000 Apple iPad users to the online news site Gawker.

The case drew fire from online rights activists who say government prosecutors are unfairly targeting “white hat” hackers who reveal holes in Internet security.

The court said the conviction must be reversed on a technicality, without ruling on the merits of the charges under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act.

“Although this appeal raises a number of complex and novel issues that are of great public importance in our increasingly interconnected age, we find it necessary to reach only one that has been fundamental since our country’s founding: venue,” the appellate court in Philadelphia said.

The appeals panel agreed with the defense that the case could not be brought in New Jersey against Auernheimer because “neither he nor (his co-defendant) was ever in New Jersey while allegedly committing the crime, and… the servers accessed were not in New Jersey.”
American1973
edit

http://googleonlinesecurity.blogspot.com.au/2014/04/google-services-updated-to-address.html

^^^ g00glebot frontran this thing so they know what's up!!

From the "damn good question" bin in the comments of the page linked above...

Heartbleed was publically announced recently. If Google's SSl implementation was vulnerable at ANY point, passwords could have been caputred. There is no indication that this vulnerability was not privately known prior to the public announcement. Would it not be prudent to change your passwords, regardless?

Cyber Security Professional
April 10, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Essentially his question boils down to this:  Is there anything on Earth including all certs (which unlock other cryptopackets of course like nested doll f*ck*p) which has not potentially been known surreptitiously for two years?  So this is an exploit tht has been running at the root of the world, in the absolute black spaces, for two years.

Uhmmm.  Yeah.  How about about the Candy Crunch King who bailed with tens of millions off a damn game IPO?  Oh the power of TV eh?  But like Goxxies I hope the Candy Crunchers can make their stock shares work, lol.  I see that game and I weep as I hear those around me say "Oh that looks fun!"
American1973
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/04/10/many_clientside_vulns_in_heartbleed_says_sans/

^^^ Heartbleed update

BREAKING!!!: ... everything.  

Tune in tomorrow when they will know more about how worse it is!

Servers at all levels have been weaponized by seeding this weed dandelion code, now what will all you smart people do?  It is like we need a world wide dev-off to the death, to see who really gives a shit about the human race.

Some people feel that, "We own IP and can therefore destroy or rape it at will".  ...Why do I think Benjamins-the-dev is a kid?  Because he used the term "don't rape it too hard" earlier in this thread whilst refer to the exploitation of the early coinmaking process.  Hahaha, rape is a phoneme for tech now?  Hahaha, oh brave New World that has such wonders in it, eh?

Well, kids are mostly victims of exploitation, and that is why I and also the spirit of Benjamin Franklin has a lot of sympathy for kids having to grow up in a world so completely full of lies and BS stupidity at the very top of they eye of the top eyelash of the eyeball itself.  Indeed it must be understood that the all seeing eye, sees every child and every old person, as the same.  Only at death, is the soul weighed as to its merit. Or anyway, so the founding fathers knew.  ...Hey, did you all know that Thomas Payne, said that Masonry was from druidism?  No kidding!  If you have further questions, respond here in the thread.

...Indeed, we know divinity is not so stupid as to do such evil deeds as these, such purposeful stupidity as to sew poison weeds into the crop of the human brain collective work.  Wow, this is a serious poke in the eye to every developer on Earth..  If ye awaken then I say unto you: Mine the Benjamin's block chain unto 4000 years if it be so.  Develop something worth a future's damn.

Therefore we must see what is there: conspiracy.

Indeed I am recalling the fine "National Treasure" movies of Hollywodd fame.  They have that Nicolas Cage dude in them don't they?  I will be watching them this weekend on one of my monitors and will parse them in this thread, for lack of a better purpose.  Remember:  Ben Franklin uses the weirdo three-layered-lens wavelength glasses to send a message to the future.  In the movie (an excellent set of two movie done by fine films craftspeople of Disney). Ben Franklin sent us a message by being clever enough for them to include him in their wack script, which I doth love most so.  Therefore it will be a pleasure to watch these two films again.  For they too invoke the cleverness at hiding gold, that was Benjamin Franklin.

Join me and let us parse the past and the future.  Perhaps there indeed is a temple of gold.  Shall we submit that question to the fates?  Let us see if they can build it with our feeble and cracked hands.

edit

http://googleonlinesecurity.blogspot.com.au/2014/04/google-services-updated-to-address.html

^^^ g00glebot frontran this thing so they know what's up!!
American1973
I had to bring my system down for most of a day, issues with the wiring in this old house.
But, I am back up and have my wee Ant hashing away for all it's worth.

Now that I see the price of the Ants have dropped so low I am going to try and start grabbing a couple ever couple weeks as money becomes available.
(or save up a wee bit and get something bigger. whichever.)

Now, back to being too busy to play with Ben for a few days.
I will at least keep reading this thread until I have time to dive into the source itself.

Well said.  What prices are you seeing?  I am thinking of the combo-miner SHA/scrypt Ants but I think as $ to GH they are pricier obviously.  This is a damn good deal 60gh for 260 USD??  That's the best I see.  Of course, you need to mine a SHA coin like Benjamins with it >>> http://www.amazon.com/60-GH-ASIC-Bitcoin-Miner/dp/B00FRU3618/

As for Antminers i am seeing 35 USD approx cost.  >>> http://www.amazon.com/Bitmain-AntMiner-U1-1-6GH-Bitcoin/dp/B00HNYDU4Y/

Which is cheap enough to buy two, one for BEN and one for BTC the original Genesis.

Also, do not forget, the bible book of Genesis has two versions.  Hundreds of years later they just layered both versions together.  That is the truth of the nature of genesis as a concept.  Therefore I am also 100% pro BTC, there is market cap of trillions of dollars out there will trickle slowly into the right hearts.  

So let all mine two SHA coins, BEN nd BTC.  At these prices it is no zero sum game.

As I said, the Ben code is fully the child of all BTC developers.  So step your devasses up and help us in the spirit of 1776, let us know we do work toward having security for all people, of all sizes shapes and wallet.

Hmm okay Poogasm your post makes me think because for me, this will be a long weekend of learning on different fronts.  Also i am watching the full 10 hour youtube GTA5 walkthrough and I am just about 2 hours in when the ballas try to set up tplayer, it is an awesome game but I only have ten hours to devote to it so for me and others who are people of action, we have to watch the movie.   >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFeAulu9gxI

^^^ If you enjoyed the link above, donate 100 USD buy buying BEN on cryptsy to hold for 100 years so that what you see in the game, cannot or will not, be you or your enemy's future.

How real do we like it?  10 hour movies will become the norm I think.  Also, watchin them at home while trying to figure out real life should be the norm.

Happy Friday my friends!  Enjoy your weekend.

edit

dmna typos!
American1973
Hi all,

I am interested in long-term coin BEN.
I have an account on Cryptsy and I would like
to slowly buy coins and sent them to my paper wallet.
I have generated address.
There is the information on a web page:

"Simply enter an address, transaction number,
and more to find more information about balances,
confirmations, and much more with a few clicks! "  Undecided

but it does not work. Please send me the information
if I buy coins BEN now and I'll send them to my address wallet is will
the coins as will be running ABE Explorer?

Cheers,
Jacek

Okay Jacek my friend, (aka @gart)

I have responded and I hope I am helping you understand that sendng coins to paper wallets isn't a good idea.  Indeed, I would like Benjamin-the-coder to explain more about the "we don't know your private key" thing I see on the walets page.

I can't really say that Ben has his shit together but the site seems well written, very honest and open.  Also, to have Ben lead with crypto as safety (tho paper wallets lock up coins causing confusion at times) is the right vision, again I must salute him.

But anyway my friend you said you don't know how to mine.  So, what i will do is this:  If you promise to mine Benjamiins with it, then I will mail you my Antminer as an act of goodwill, as would Benjamin Franklin send out his books, to souls whom he felt enkindered.  The mining process of today, is the cryptological text of yesterday.

So too my new friend of liberty, shall I send you my Antminer, and you will you get it running with our help when you receive it.  

The little Antminer needeth only a USB port, and an Internet connection.  Can you provide those two things?  If so, then you will be mining Benjamins.  It has been mining BEN since its first day, and I ask only that it stay on the same path.

Send me a PM with your mail address, I will send it to you and you'll tell me here in the thread when you get it.  Together we will try to reach hands of knowledge and yeshall be able to shew your friends as well, how the new way is working.  It is worth it to me, to invest in the future with such lending or gift that will help you to see it work and to show your friends.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
I had to bring my system down for most of a day, issues with the wiring in this old house.
But, I am back up and have my wee Ant hashing away for all it's worth.

Now that I see the price of the Ants have dropped so low I am going to try and start grabbing a couple ever couple weeks as money becomes available.
(or save up a wee bit and get something bigger. whichever.)

Now, back to being too busy to play with Ben for a few days.
I will at least keep reading this thread until I have time to dive into the source itself.
American1973
I'll look into a blockchain explorer, but I'm trying to find something a little prettier than Abe... not really a fan of the interface... if you find something let me know. I don't think it'd be too much additional load on my server...

Hmm I really liked it fwiw but hell yeah, good to hear you are looking into it.   Grin
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
I'll look into a blockchain explorer, but I'm trying to find something a little prettier than Abe... not really a fan of the interface... if you find something let me know. I don't think it'd be too much additional load on my server...
American1973
coolice back online at hasher.ca I knew you'd be back my friend, every bit counts.

coolice    801,727kh

When I look at who is hashing the 1776 blockchain, frankly, I see heroes of tomorrow.  You exemplify what it means, to lend ones hand to a mighty effort.

I salute you and look forward to seeing you post here, and to know ye are of good company.
American1973
As for the little engine that could bring back 1776, the BEN blockchain...

Can we PLEASE get someone with an ounce of responsiblity, to get the ABE explorer up and running?  Damn!

Also, I should mention that all cryptocoins take patience and time.  For example:  I own some LTC which I had at btc-e.  So, I decided to finally for the first time, to download the litecoin client and xfer my coins to my local wallet.  ...So it only just this morning completed updating and show my litecoins.  So 24 hours of waiting while my coins were "in transit" is what is to be expected.  Did I panic when my litecoin was not in my wallet?  No, because I knew it was in the blockchain and would trickle to my wallet eventually. 

Know: Your coins don't go anywhere, they always exist in the blockchain, even if sent to cold storage.  Be patient in the processes that you know will bear good fruit, as Benjamin Franklin might say.

Also: We see how there are people (or mostly bots) who sell on whatever they see the humans doing.  So, if humans are buying, the robots or trade-bot=minded shallow people, will just use their trading robots to screw the humans.

So now we enter the future, where everyone builds their own trading robot? There is a website for this where you can build your own trade-Terminator.   HAHA, I mean I might want to build a bot for protection, but a bot that goes out and seeks 'profit' like some kind of elvish underwear gnome??  No thanks.

When I was a broker way back in 1991 (I walked away after six months btw) I knew robot trading was just being discussed.  The actual brokers I worked with were disgusting examples of humanity.  Drunk, stupid thieves, is what I would call them.  They knew they were selling snake oil, and didn't care.  I knew I couldn't be around people like that, so the securities industry was not for me,  But now I see the same dickheads inside the IT zone, they invaded and displaced the actually smart low level workers (my class of persons) and now it is as if the entire IT sector will become one giant hated entity, it seems.

Well anyway, in an age where high tech thieving is trickling down, I pray that enough people will see the folly of it, and of gaming their fellowman and fellowwoman, via these markets which are set up to make us fight.  Let the Benjamin's blockchain, so cracked and humble, be a place for those who seek a new way forward, to flock and gain ease.

Here we discuss tech that is REAL AND TIME TESTED.  Tech of the mind, the heart, and yes, the cryptological.  Crypto means: to conceal.  Yet the notion of the blockchain is openness.  Yes, when you mine Benjamins with us, you mine a paradox.  Can freedom and crypto when married in the right church, produce the offspring of, a better world?  I believe the answer to be yes, but I am also a hopeful fool.
American1973
It is true the world is rushing toward tard devices like tablets.  That is stupid and folly.  And yet, we cannot stop them, so there are three choices (since mobile devices CANNOT EVER be made secure), we can 1: become thieves and thugs, or 2: step away from it and call it someone else's problem, or 3: design a coin that becomes the POS solution.  For my Benjamins, I can see many partners trying to bring POS payment process, but I am yet to be convinced there are any brains in these schemes for POS security.  But, bear in mind, I am an IT worker for ten years at the systems level.  Like I said earlier, meetings are mostly just full of stupid ideas.  This idea that POS will come later, fits someone's plan for some idea of theirs, but it's not an idea which has mental bouyancy, just profit.  And profit is not intelligence.  Indeed, the thieves are the best capitalists, but do we call thieves intelligent.

Holy crap this is so smart I found myself thinking that I myself wrote it!

CounterpartyBTC you are clearly one of the smartest people around, please tell me more.  Also, what is your view of merge mining?  Isn't it a total violation of the notion of blockchains and peer-agreement to prove work?  To me, merge mining is some assbackward desire to 'dur hur make more coins or faster TX' but what I see when I examine the merge specs, merge mining is not much more than another opportunity for pool and miners and markets to screw each other up.  Witness the dogecoin thread and their call for "merge mining" --like who would merge mine doge, a coin that was designed to crap out multi-billions of cooins to mock cryptocoin as a notion.  Witness the Maxcoin debacle where a pool famous for wrecking coins, took his coin and forked it into nowhere, effectively killing all the old coins at market while literally destroying that blockchain by adversarial fork.  So these quiet times when BEN can float under the radar or menu of the destroyers, is fine with me.  But I wish we had more miners.  do you mine a SHA coin?

Wow, I am so pleased that I provoked ONE GENIUS to post here.  Tell me more broski, I was a stockbroker and then an IT tech (POS field tech, Desktop, etc) through the last 20 years.  Now at he end this orgy of mercantilism, where all mercantilism is dying, we get smart people like you saying what should have been said long ago, and who are able to see the future, as you have so correctly explained it above.

Tablets cannot be made secure, plus, these days it seems to me like OpenSSL probably was a trojan horse to ding open source as being unacceptable for "the profsionals" to use moving forward.  ...but if not, it shows how stupid the top companies (like Cisco) are, as they use crap ass open libraries from the open source community YET FUND NOTHING for open source.  It serves Cisco right for selling out America imo.

Okay well anyway, I am so excited to have someone with a brain and good sense, yes please, tell me more.  How would you characterize my efforts to keep the spirit of 1776 alive?  Wink
American1973
Thank you for the information. I do not know about mining coins  Undecided but I can send a message to my friends.
I can also open a thread Benjamins and mining in the forum about cryptocurrency (forum.bitcoin.pl) and give a link to that forum.
There are many people who practice mining and maybe someone will be interested due to mining Benjamins. I'll do it today.

Awesome!  Yes, here is how to lend a hand to mining the original 1776 blockchain:

1: Get thee an Antminer or 10 of them plus a nice USB hub.
2: Come to this thread so we can help you set it up.
3: live every day knowing you are mining on principle, for the future, according to common sense that says people need realness.

As to your other ideas, they are excellent yes.  Indded the best thing to do is to hold them and criculate themwith friends and family, to ensure the TX flows keep moving.  ...Personally my own family maybe like a lot of you, is tired of hearing how computers will "help", and they have moved into the "computers kinda suck" modality.   ...If you look closely you will agree with me that many people are being set up to be damaged by tech.  That's kinda my point in this thread now:  People need to grab onto the tech that helps them, and mining a good blockchain is the real TRUE vote of today.  I vote for Benjamin Franklin and the COTUS and the Founders, every second I am mining Benjamins.  ...If nothing else, tell your friends all around the world that Benjamin the coder has managed to rouse a ghost which will not be put down due to simple coding errors.  If they feel the spirit, let them hold BEN coins like herilooms for te next 4000 years.  I will be here mining, unless I suffer power outage or loss of IP in which case we will need to get Benjamins operating on some other IP network, like maybe cellular IP.

Anyway it is hard to convince the non-tech people and what we need is enthusiasm, and you my friend have got that gart my visionary friend.

I have a questions: how to move the Benjamins from a paper wallet to the benjamins-qt? I downloaded the Benjamins wallet,
but it is not synchronized and is not connected to the network.

Long story short: Just use your deposit address within the Benjamins wallet client.  I would treat the paper wallets as being something that is not supported, since Ben-the-Dev rarely shows up and so let's consider his website on pit row for the moment, ready to drive off pit row soon to get back in the race (to use car racing analogy)  

You won't need a paper wallet yet since the entire market cap of BEN is like 20k USD there's not much risk of getting your BEN stolen, lol, but in the future, sure taking your coins into paper wallet (means: offline cold storage) will be a good defense idea.  We ain't there yet.

So, if you sent your cryptsy coins to a paper wallet address, then that is where they are.  So, they are essentially offline, trapped in that paper wallet.  No problem tho, it takes days for anything to happen on this steam train called BEN.  So, we have plenty of time to dig your coins out of paper, hehe.

Paper wallet just means "private key pair" and along with the notion behind Paysha, we see that on the BEN page, you are given two Q-codes --ONE is public and the other is private.  I assume you know this?  So, knowing that your private key is safe, the advantage of "paper wallet" is this:  Once you decide to take those coins out of the paper wallet (safety of a kind) and use them, you need to import that private key, into an actual wallet.  So, if your BEN is in your paper wallet, you can just relax.  You own them, just don't lose your private key.

Now, as to how to import a private key, I have never done it, but here are two links I foiund.  Essentially you go into HELP > DEBUG > CONSOLE and you follow the steps as with doge link listed.  Let me know if you get stuck, but also, relax because your Ben's are safe inside the blockchain, waiting the day when your private key will bring them back into play.  It is good that Benjamin launched his coin so openly and forthrightly, this he did well, even to prepare such a nice paper wallet page which is really slick.  But using them means your coins get wrapped up in the blockchain as "offline" and you need to bring them back in, only with some effort:

http://suchprofit.com/post/73748506645/how-to-import-dogecoin-address-to-my-wallet
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/How_to_import_private_keys

Please help if possible in this situation.
Some time ago I bought Benjamins on Cryptsy and sent them on paper wallet.
I want to keep Benjamins and have them in the future. What do I do?
Where to send the Benjamins from Cryptsy now?

Again, your BEN is safe, and you "own" it by owning your private key.

Hey buddy i would love to help you get mining with an Antminer or two.  Let me know if you want to put some electricity behind Benjamin blockchain in addition to your enthusiasm and market purchase!  Well done having faith and hope!
American1973
I will respond to my freinds above who have the required enthusiasm.

But I just wanted to say I switched in MeTV (channel here in Calirnoia) and what do you know, it's Benjamin Franklin appearing in an old episode of Daniel Boone!  It is the episode where Daniel and money printing and good old Benjamin Franklin the wittiest dryest funny man a nation ever raised up.

So when I see people respond to this message buy buying Ben and lifting the price, that is well.  We will analyze the sells on Benjamins soon, I am not sure about how to fork but one thing I hate is the pump and dumpers, so if you take 20 bucks and convert it to Benjamins, look at it like gambling on your kids future.  No college, will take care of them, nor will any employer.  However the means to move capital or exchange funds, is a god given right, which will be very useful in the future.

Benjamin Franklin's spirit is with us for the moment, but we need more miners to push us through these 1938 next blocks.  At 3 days each it will take some 4000 years to mine to the next difficulty.  But at least in the mean time, there is a steady output of Benjamins.  Assuming we trust Benjamin-the-dev who shows up every month or so, to not have put any malicious code inside, then we have a good benefactor/dev who will launch his coin fairly, deliver the source code openly, and not abandon us, and will not dump his BEN coins if the buyers trickle in.   

...I am concerned with the holders who are poised to dump coin if the thing gets up to .00004  ---Do people really want to dump the spirit of Ben Franklin to make a cryptocoin profit of some few hundreds-dollars??  Please no, hold your BEN coins long in the hopes of some better future or that Benjamin the Coder will continue to learn and bless his thread and coin here with the occasional post.

But when I turned on random TV and saw at first, the man himselfe Benjamin Franklin on the screen.  Hehe, it made me smile.  But the price of Ben, is kinda a meaningless thing except to display enthusiasm.  The markets are but a reflection of the desire and willpower of those who actually build companies.  The markets build nothing, they are merely reactive to us, the people who actually do, and who care.  Yes, i would say it makes sense to convert a USD 100 bill into Benjamins, but I say let it ride on the hope of a better future, and yes, let it ride 4000 years if it takes that long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W982mgLSwS0
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
It is true the world is rushing toward tard devices like tablets.  That is stupid and folly.  And yet, we cannot stop them, so there are three choices (since mobile devices CANNOT EVER be made secure), we can 1: become thieves and thugs, or 2: step away from it and call it someone else's problem, or 3: design a coin that becomes the POS solution.  For my Benjamins, I can see many partners trying to bring POS payment process, but I am yet to be convinced there are any brains in these schemes for POS security.  But, bear in mind, I am an IT worker for ten years at the systems level.  Like I said earlier, meetings are mostly just full of stupid ideas.  This idea that POS will come later, fits someone's plan for some idea of theirs, but it's not an idea which has mental bouyancy, just profit.  And profit is not intelligence.  Indeed, the thieves are the best capitalists, but do we call thieves intelligent.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Thank you for the information. I do not know about mining coins  Undecided but I can send a message to my friends.
I can also open a thread Benjamins and mining in the forum about cryptocurrency (forum.bitcoin.pl) and give a link to that forum.
There are many people who practice mining and maybe someone will be interested due to mining Benjamins. I'll do it today.

I have a questions: how to move the Benjamins from a paper wallet to the benjamins-qt? I downloaded the Benjamins wallet,
but it is not synchronized and is not connected to the network.
Please help if possible in this situation.
Some time ago I bought Benjamins on Cryptsy and sent them on paper wallet.
I want to keep Benjamins and have them in the future. What do I do?
Where to send the Benjamins from Cryptsy now?
American1973
https://gist.github.com/takeshixx/10107280

^^^ Do not click this unless you want to understand code at the highest level.  Or unless you have the skills to start/abandon a chunk of code, like these kids today seem to do.   Wink

But what is funny to me, is that exploitation and theft and poroof of 'smartness', gather up dozens, nay, thousands of 'developers' to show how fucked the whole thing is.

But, ken ye not, that a blockchaine, be like a chain of links, forged each one, by men and women, who with their own sweat and electricity, seek to find a way forward, beyond the experts? 

Anyway I had to share this link above it is just too good to see how quickly people flock to the biggest facepalm of all crypto.  Wow, I am obviously going to do well in the next few years as a burgeoning C developer with some sense!  In the meantime, I shall mine Benjamins in the 1776 spirit.  Every three or four days, we find 100 more.  That is no so bad a pace.  Buy to hold long term, also, consider that holding without mining, is like electing politicians or paying developers; You will not always like the results!  Therefore, do mine Benjamins my friends!
American1973
Massively obtuse and ingenious nerdtalks on this thread:

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=7548991

It relates to OpenSSL exploit 'heartbleed' which has been operating for 2 years.

So, every cert has been rooteds, all certs will probably have to be reissued and anyway how long will the certificate authority be trusted if they haven't already been rooted?

How quickly can every cert and hardcoded OpenSSL device (cisco has 67 I saw) be taken out of the wild and reissued?  Haha, not very, is the answer.

I will use this thread to explain the horror of heartbleed in terms of POS data, but also as an IT worker, this total complete f-up of certificates is bullish for employment.  Now all we need to do is eleimnate all the temporary employment middlemen douchecompanies.

Sorry, I got off on a tagnet there, but anyway. I am glad Paysha is being patient and letting me go on about security.  Like I said, I have been in a lot of meetings and the security guy always gets ignored.  Hopefully now, the security convo becomes the primary one.  But, with code like this and devs like these, who has time to understand the Constitution?

I will have to read the Constitution later I guess.  Wink  But while I read this code and try to compile it in linux, I will continue to mine the Benjamins blockchain as if the bell of liberty were not the size of a thimble but a stadium.

Let freedom ring out e'n if it takes us a week to find every 100 coins hereforth.  Get your friends to run the wallet, read the code, contribute to the thread, mine the blockchain. etc.  Now is the time, for regular ordinary greatness.  A ghost has been roused that will not so easily be put down.
American1973
Hi all,

I am interested in long-term coin BEN.
I have an account on Cryptsy and I would like
to slowly buy coins and sent them to my paper wallet.
I have generated address.
There is the information on a web page:

"Simply enter an address, transaction number,
and more to find more information about balances,
confirmations, and much more with a few clicks! "  Undecided

but it does not work. Please send me the information
if I buy coins BEN now and I'll send them to my address wallet is will
the coins as will be running ABE Explorer?

Cheers,
Jacek

Well, if you have purchased on Cryptsy then that is fine.  To transfer them, sure you could use a wallet at the Benjamins site, but also you could just use your address from within the client.  Are you saying you want help using the paper wallets from Ben's site?  If so, you could pray that he shows up to the thread again.

But, I am mining and yes I do xfer my coins to my local wallet.  ...Do you want help with transferring to your local wallet in the client?  Because that's probably the best place to keep your Benjamins.

So anyway, at 192gh and 3 miners on hasher.ca, I guess there is little appetite for any common sense or 1776 spirit among miners of this era.  However, we do have at least three miners on hasher who have the long term vision to see what can be done.  I will mine until I either get more miners to join me or until I am the last miner on the 1776 modality.  In the end, I will mine this blockchain alone, if only to say that the madness must stop here.

Indeed, it took 100+ super smart devs to get the bitcoin code to this point, where it can be launched and dropped in 3 months time.  BUT NO, the spirit of Benjamin Franklin shall not be so carelessly roused.  I am glad to see people buy Benjamins, as you did, but have you ever given thought to mining?  To actually using the equipment to mine a blockchain on principle?  

For my part, I see this source code as easily modifiable toward all kinds of COTUS-enabling ways, to have freedom and real money, and a better vote, as our founding fathers would have.

It is fine to buy Ben, that's nice, but what we need are people who have enough willpower and determination and awareness of how the bread-gets-baked, to actually buy and configure SHA mining gear like the bit erupter or Antminer.  I would love to help you reach the level of actually pushing a 1776 capable true blockchain forward.  But if you have questions about xferring coins to the paper wallets I would say don't use them until A: Ben explains if he even cares , or B: He transfers the websites and the concept to someone who DOES care.

It is good to buy the coin, but what we need are miners, because miners of sufficient awareness, can defeat coin manipulations and semi-cogent dev crews.  We need regular people compiling the code and mining.  Join us friend, and lend a hand to the desire for liberty and freedom and real COTUS style non debauchable money in the form of math work done.

How shall ye debauch a cryptocoin?  I am quite happy that at least Ben gave us good code.  We will fork it before 1939 blocks pass.  Indeed, whom shall challenge Benjamin Franklin to a long-term contest of strategy?  As a man, he was the sort of man who would always wager on the common man.  And as common folk, we must see that code, is the hoe and shovel and rake, of this era.  Let us learn to understand it, and discuss it here.
Pages:
Jump to: