Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [BEN] Benjamins ◄ SHA-256 ►◄ BOUNTY AVAILABLE to make BEN merge mineable!! - page 20. (Read 94341 times)

Activity: 452
Merit: 250
No Ben news so I will post unrelated news:
My cat had two kittens today. YAY!

That is good news, kittens are adoreable.
until there is a long term solution, any extra hash power is useful right now, including hoppers, to get to the next diff adjustment in any kind of reasonable timeframe require alot more hashing.

Doc I sent you a Ben just for sticking in there, and also to see how long it takes for you to get it.   Tongue

Cool,  I appreciate the comaraderie Smiley  I opened my ben wallet and actually got my last pitythepool payout ((I had issued it a bit ago, not sure when however) Smiley no sign of that 1 ben yet but ill post the time it arrives for your experiment. I am planning on looking into what that fusioncoin fellow posted either later tonight or tomorrow.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
No Ben news so I will post unrelated news:
My cat had two kittens today. YAY!
VOTE FOR BENJAMINS
please donate for dev.
BTC: 13MVMftimCmpQEsryo47pTs97ubmwkT31Y
LTC: Lh9ChfS1X3YWXmapr66nQjj3qZmys3qkNw
DOGE: DJMxzVrURhmsWFZHCjK5kDVHEqP5FcfGvy

How about no?
Activity: 364
American1973
until there is a long term solution, any extra hash power is useful right now, including hoppers, to get to the next diff adjustment in any kind of reasonable timeframe require alot more hashing.

Doc I sent you a Ben just for sticking in there, and also to see how long it takes for you to get it.   Tongue
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
I followed this thread for the last 3 weeks and would like to help out :-) I've just dedicated my 2 180 GH Antminers to this pool. Let's hope we can get this moving again. I understand one of the Benjamins developers are from Australia? I live in Melbourne, let's catch up for a drink mate, and cheer one up again. Where there's a will there's a way.

Thanks! Finding blocks already Smiley

You pulled off already? Sad
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001
Benjamins & Fusioncoin  Merged Mining Pool

http://pool.fusioncoin.org/benjamins

What is FusionCoin?
FusionCoin is a hybrid PoW coin using SHA256 and Scrypt. Both are merged minable. full support of MultiSig address. More features in development ...
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annfscfusioncoin-updated-arbitrary-message-decentralized-advertisement-512149

How does merged mining work?
Merged mining allows you to mine for FusionCoin and another coin like BitCoin at the same time. The benefit is that you don't need to move your hashing power to FusionCoin, instead, you're earning extra FusionCoin while not affecting your mining. This is feasible because FusionCoin accepts a certain format of PoW which can prove you've done incredible amount of hashes on another blockchain. You can do merged mining with FusionCoin and BitCoin or LiteCoin forked altercoins. Further readings for merged mining can be found here.

Can you setup Miners to mine Both BEN & Fusion using ASIC SHA-256 & Scrypt Hardware ?

e.g My ASIC Sha-256 Hardware is Mining BEN & my Scrypt Hardware is mining Fusion both on your Pool at the same time ?
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Benjamins & Fusioncoin  Merged Mining Pool

http://pool.fusioncoin.org/benjamins

What is FusionCoin?
FusionCoin is a hybrid PoW coin using SHA256 and Scrypt. Both are merged minable. full support of MultiSig address. More features in development ...
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annfscfusioncoin-updated-arbitrary-message-decentralized-advertisement-512149

How does merged mining work?
Merged mining allows you to mine for FusionCoin and another coin like BitCoin at the same time. The benefit is that you don't need to move your hashing power to FusionCoin, instead, you're earning extra FusionCoin while not affecting your mining. This is feasible because FusionCoin accepts a certain format of PoW which can prove you've done incredible amount of hashes on another blockchain. You can do merged mining with FusionCoin and BitCoin or LiteCoin forked altercoins. Further readings for merged mining can be found here.
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
Once you guys hit the next difficulty adjustment I think you'll be back on track. Enough time will have passed

I still think you should find someone to make it merge mine able. If you find anyone that can make both BEN and DIEM merge mined with BTC we will set up a pool on Paysha to mine all 5 coins at once
I think we should remove Benjamins from Coinwarz and related sites. Some miners get onboard when things going well but don't stay when things are going bad. I think miners should be motived by long term value and usage of the coin, not mining when difficulty is low.

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
I think we should remove Benjamins from Coinwarz and related sites. Some miners get onboard when things going well but don't stay when things are going bad. I think miners should be motived by long term value and usage of the coin, not mining when difficulty is low.
American1973
Does that mean all the unconfirmed coins in the current pool will be lost??? If yes, please let me know asap, don't want to waste my time. I can use these 2 miners more wisely then :-)

If the fork is coordinated and done correctly, the coins remain in the blockchain, and presumably the pools who do it right, will then carry their unconfirmed coins forward to eventual confirmation.  That is probably why Ben is admitting that he needs a little help which is a good thing, because doing a fork wrong, causes more problems than it fixes.  So he is being honest and careful from what I can see.

But yes it needs to be done correctly.  I vote for block adjust because that's an easier project and simpler I would guess.  So all they need to do is alter the code, compile and test on the test network, then announce and give the pool time to adjust.  It is a roadmap, but a hopeful one.
Does that mean all the unconfirmed coins in the current pool will be lost??? If yes, please let me know asap, don't want to waste my time. I can use these 2 miners more wisely then :-)
American1973
I followed this thread for the last 3 weeks and would like to help out :-) I've just dedicated my 2 180 GH Antminers to this pool. Let's hope we can get this moving again. I understand one of the Benjamins developers are from Australia? I live in Melbourne, let's catch up for a drink mate, and cheer one up again. Where there's a will there's a way.

Nice spirit nick I see you just pushed us past that insane 100+ hour block on hasher.ca.  Way to be.  I knew once I saw you there things would move.  Now all we need is Henry Ford from pitythepool...  Maybe ptp will give Ben another month?  HenryFord was awesome over there.

Well, things are moving now, all we need to do is obtain dev help for Ben.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126

Thanks! Finding blocks already Smiley
American1973
The two options: adding merged mining, or changing the block time, are two things I can't do. Still trying to find someone that will help. I've even offered bounties in BEN or BTC

If we can be merge mined, we can jump on any of the SHA pools that will add it. It's free BEN to anyone mining the standard coin. Or there is Fusion, which is set up as a second chain. So if anyone knows how to set up a pool, you can set it to mine Benjamins, and mine Fusion at the same time, like DIEM just did here: http://fusioncoin.org/pools/DIEM/public

Not sure who set their pool up, but if BEN gets merge mining added to it, we can be added to any pool that merge mines any SHA coins

It's not hard for someone who knows how to do it, I just don't know how

No problem, that's a fair answer and it is good to hear from you.  Did you add any comments to your main.cpp code or is all the commenting from satoshi??
Okay then, let's get this shit done.
Pick one and then we make it happen, somehow.

My vote is blocktime.

I know it is. So is mine.

My vote is blocktime.

Pages:
Jump to: