Author

Topic: [ANN] BETARIGS.COM - Cryptocurrency cloud mining - thousands of rigs available! - page 128. (Read 200998 times)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0
Is there a actual hash rate figure somewhere on the site?
Activity: 5
Does the leasing period being the moment we hit 'Confirm',
or the moment 1 confirmation has been received and it starts 'Mining' ?

Because it takes upto 10 minutes for 1 confirmation, another probably 5 minutes for cgminer to start..

You could make it such that the amount must be paid first before the renting period starts.
Activity: 504
Merit: 254
I currently have 3 rigs rented out now with leases finishing up in about 10-12 hrs.  I would assume that they will open back up for rent when this time is up even without any input from me?  Can anyone verify that this is the case (would hate for them to be out of service after I'm at work tomorrow)?

I can verify that this is the case. One of my rigs was leased for 6 hours, and the minute the lease was up it reverted back to available for rent on the site.
Activity: 436
Merit: 250
No email confirmation for FredDag Sad
Activity: 7
Help,

my rig is leased but the status is stuck for 6 hours on: "Rented - Available in 3 hours".
on my cgminer the pool of betarigs is dead & i see json failed logs on the cgminer.
i working with cgwatcher (with cgminer 3.0.1), what to do?
Activity: 29
some body steal my account of coinex and they sell all my coins to btc and withdrawd them all,after rent a gpu miner in betarigs.

That really sucks but I can't think of a way that renting from betarigs would open your account up to theft.  The only info you are providing is the address from which you are paying the fee and your pool worker.
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
some body steal my account of coinex and they sell all my coins to btc and withdrawd them all,after rent a gpu miner in betarigs.
Activity: 29
I currently have 3 rigs rented out now with leases finishing up in about 10-12 hrs.  I would assume that they will open back up for rent when this time is up even without any input from me?  Can anyone verify that this is the case (would hate for them to be out of service after I'm at work tomorrow)?
What happens if I have my rig rented and edit my rig and select to disable?  Does the current renter get booted off or does it just go to disabled after their contract ends?

I didn't want to try it and boot my renter.

It will finish the current mining action and then be marked offline.

MightyP
Activity: 6
What happens if I have my rig rented and edit my rig and select to disable?  Does the current renter get booted off or does it just go to disabled after their contract ends?

I didn't want to try it and boot my renter.
Activity: 96
bizarre.

csshih_1 and csshih_3 just switched off of betarigs, even though I still see that they're rented out.

something must have been up with the stratum server, noticed a bunch of rigs got bumped off / reconnected..

yup, it's back on now.
I just don't want people purchasing mining power from me feeling like they're getting ripped off.
Activity: 141
Merit: 100
Somewhat related, what coin has a diff of 100 right now?  Huh
Activity: 6
One thing I noticed.  hotmail is apparently blocking the confirmation email.  gmail seems to be fine.
Tossing my thoughts out, seriously cool site and I just listed 3 rigs on there.   A few observations, forgive me if they've already been made:

As a rig leaser:

List of all my rigs
Ability to mark all rigs online/offline
Allow renter to leave feedback so that people can know the good from the bad
Allow me to allocate more time to a person, ideally with a message sent to the renter.   In case something goes down I want to make good.
People that rent but don't send payment should have some sort of reliability rating, and then I can only rent to people with a reliability rating of X or higher.

As a rig renter:

Sorting of available rigs
Feedback method on person leasing rigs

Also, as a general thought, you've got no donate code on your site and I feel that after my first rental finishes I owe you a few coins Smiley

MightyP
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
The user lolz has rented my rig #37 , it seems that the pool he has chosen, or due to latency from eu to us to wherever he is getting rejects in the range of 22% could it be looked at to see where his pool is located?
Activity: 39
bizarre.

csshih_1 and csshih_3 just switched off of betarigs, even though I still see that they're rented out.

something must have been up with the stratum server, noticed a bunch of rigs got bumped off / reconnected..
Activity: 96
bizarre.

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Overall I have to say that this service ROCKS and will leave leaserig in the dust from a provider point of view, moreso if the above changes were made. No way I would give anyone API access to CGMiner configs that have taken countless hours of tweaking. The intermediate pool idea is fantastic. Hopefully you will add servers in the U.S. and Asia soon.

Maybe from a provider point of view this is better, but for the leaser I think leaserig is much better because you can see the real hashrate and where it's really mining (these infos are coming directly from api), you can also set multiple pools. In betarigs when the payment is confirmed you just see: Mining!
You don't really know if everything is ok and you don't know the real hashrate of the rig, plus the proxy adds a lot of rejects and at the end from the 3 pools I've leased to try the service only one was good, the other were reporting about 2/3 of the announced hashrate.

I know this is beta so I won't ask for money back or anything but I think leaserig with the controls djeZo makes to accept new rig providers and the time it takes to setup everything has more serious providers.

As a lessee, surely you can see that a rig is mining for you by creating a worker for it on whatever pool you want it pointed to? You would have to do that in order to provide credentials in the first place. Ditto for the speed. If you lease a 2MH/s rig then you should expect to see 1.8MH/s+ for that worker at the pool end (90%+ efficiency being the target). I can certainly see how it would be much easier to have all of that information available right from your Betarigs account though. Hopefully that's "coming soon".

Regarding rejects, 4 of my rigs are rented out and have reject rates of 2% to 4%, the 4% being the DOGE pool with a static diff of 64 that I mentioned in my original post. All of them have W/U figures higher than 90% of total hash rate which seems pretty good with a proxy in the middle. As I mentioned, lessees making sure to use vardiff pools would really help here as would U.S. and Asia presences.

Not sure about your "serious providers" comment at the end there. I would consider myself one at 10 rigs and 40MH/s total, and I can tell you with 100% certainty that no third party is ever going to have CGMiner API access to $26,000 worth of hardware and the associated configurations over a public IP address. No way no how.

For the worker what I meant is that you have to wait for the pool to report your worker is hashing and it can takes time, with api information you can directly see if your pool is live or not and switch to the pool instantaneously.

I know that with a hashrate of say 2000 Mh/s you won't get exactly that in the pool, but from the 3 rigs I rented I've got the following:
1: 1.48 announced, 1.4-1.5 reported by the pool
2: 2.8 announced, 1-2.5 reported by the pool
3: 2 announced 0.5-1.5 reported by the pool

That's not really 90% except for the first one and my pool use vardiff.

For the "serious providers" of course I didn't want to generalize but I think since betarigs is open to anyone and you can't verify hashrate before renting it's easier to have bad experiences. But you'll have problems and very good rigs both websites. It's just my little experience and I shouldn't have said it like that.

About the API access you don't give full access just pool management.
Activity: 14
Only thing I want to figure out is how to get these rejects to go away.  It has hurt my client and it is not a problem I could foresee when I put my miner up to be rented.
Activity: 504
Merit: 254
Overall I have to say that this service ROCKS and will leave leaserig in the dust from a provider point of view, moreso if the above changes were made. No way I would give anyone API access to CGMiner configs that have taken countless hours of tweaking. The intermediate pool idea is fantastic. Hopefully you will add servers in the U.S. and Asia soon.

Maybe from a provider point of view this is better, but for the leaser I think leaserig is much better because you can see the real hashrate and where it's really mining (these infos are coming directly from api), you can also set multiple pools. In betarigs when the payment is confirmed you just see: Mining!
You don't really know if everything is ok and you don't know the real hashrate of the rig, plus the proxy adds a lot of rejects and at the end from the 3 pools I've leased to try the service only one was good, the other were reporting about 2/3 of the announced hashrate.

I know this is beta so I won't ask for money back or anything but I think leaserig with the controls djeZo makes to accept new rig providers and the time it takes to setup everything has more serious providers.

As a lessee, surely you can see that a rig is mining for you by creating a worker for it on whatever pool you want it pointed to? You would have to do that in order to provide credentials in the first place. Ditto for the speed. If you lease a 2MH/s rig then you should expect to see 1.8MH/s+ for that worker at the pool end (90%+ efficiency being the target). I can certainly see how it would be much easier to have all of that information available right from your Betarigs account though. Hopefully that's "coming soon".

Regarding rejects, 4 of my rigs are rented out and have reject rates of 2% to 4%, the 4% being the DOGE pool with a static diff of 64 that I mentioned in my original post. All of them have W/U figures higher than 90% of total hash rate which seems pretty good with a proxy in the middle. As I mentioned, lessees making sure to use vardiff pools would really help here as would U.S. and Asia presences.

Not sure about your "serious providers" comment at the end there. I would consider myself one at 10 rigs and 40MH/s total, and I can tell you with 100% certainty that no third party is ever going to have CGMiner API access to $26,000 worth of hardware and the associated configurations over a public IP address. No way no how.

Jump to: