Author

Topic: [ANN] BETARIGS.COM - Cryptocurrency cloud mining - thousands of rigs available! - page 130. (Read 200998 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
neat idea but the price people are charging for leasing a rig is outrageous . I think they forgot the renter has to actually make money not lose it

its already evolving into a market place.....supply n demand set prices, especially with more people joining to lease.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I'm assuming the op can view the hashrate of all the connected machines, which means that it should be theoretically possible for him to incorporate a way to prevent false advertising. A certain margin of error (say 5%) could be established as an acceptable range for the actual hashrate, if the hashrate falls below this, the payment to the rig operator could be prorated.  It could also be used to establish an official method for determining the stablity of a righ (kinda like a verified seller setup).
This site has stability:
http://leaserig.net/index.jsp

I will have to keep that site in mind when setting up to rent out my rig.  I hope mux gets Betarigs going but it seems that Leaserig has things a little further along.
Activity: 9
Attention please rig owners:

For the few that noticed some "" on their cgminer logs, can you tell me your miner software name and version please?

Thanks!

sgminer 4.0.0 also occasionally throws the same error
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Bored
I'm assuming the op can view the hashrate of all the connected machines, which means that it should be theoretically possible for him to incorporate a way to prevent false advertising. A certain margin of error (say 5%) could be established as an acceptable range for the actual hashrate, if the hashrate falls below this, the payment to the rig operator could be prorated.  It could also be used to establish an official method for determining the stablity of a righ (kinda like a verified seller setup).
This site has stability:
http://leaserig.net/index.jsp
Activity: 56

For the few that noticed some "" on their cgminer logs, can you tell me your miner software name and version please?

Thanks!

CGMiner 3.7.2.  They seem to be happening somewhat randomly and I'm experiencing about 7% rejects which is probably about average compared to Middlecoin.
Activity: 29

Thanks!

cgminer 3.7.2  most of the rejects I noticed were near the beginning of mining but they are all tagged

That miner is at ~3% rejects now after running for about 8 hours (which is roughly in line with what I get when I connect it to middlecoin directly)
Activity: 158
Activity: 126
WTF I rented a 2100k/s rig.
But the real hashrate is always below 1000kh/s
Can I get back my money?

What rig number did you rent I am just curious.  Also try changing the pool you are connecting it to.  I believe that Betarigs is based in EU so if the pool you are trying to connect to has a port in EU it would probably be better to send it that way.

Sorry about your bad experience just trying to help.
I assume that the hashrate shown is not accurate.
However, the reward of each block really shows me that the hashrate is too low.
I should get about 1.1% of each block.
But the true value is always about 0.7% or even lower.
Activity: 56
Hey Guys,

I own #38 Machine and seem to be getting a lot of rejects. CgMiner says I'm averaging 1996 KH/s.

I'm getting the occasional "worker is not authorized" message.
Activity: 238
neat idea but the price people are charging for leasing a rig is outrageous . I think they forgot the renter has to actually make money not lose it

I agree but as with anything new here in a couple days the price I am sure will even out.

i have yet to see a service like this maintain, rig owners always get greedy and raise the price...always. The greed and lack of trust in this crypto world will kill it quick.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
I rented Mining rig #88 Dragons Den with 2.8 Mh/s but pool reports only 1.2-1.3Mh/s. It's running for more than 1 hour now so it should be pretty stable but it's not :/

Although you aren't renting my rig I have to comment on this.  My rig mines at the Kh/s advertised but today when I rented it out I am getting allot more rejected than I normally see.  They are all tagged

I would guess this has something to do with the way our Miners are getting forwarded to renters pools.  You could try to change the server you rented to a different pool and see if that helps.

I am Rig #34 Minecraft Smiley

I'm seeing much more rejected, too. there might be too much latency between me, betarigs, then the pool.

Does it really go through betarigs? Why not just put the renter's pool in the miner directly?

Now another rig #38 Machine announced at 2Mh/s is reported to do 600 kh/s probably down... That's bad, the only working good is rig #87 Dual 280x #1.

Now rig #88 works and #38 is coming back but still under the 2Mh/s annouced. There are some serious improvements to do, I'm glad I took only 3 hours just to try it.

I agree but as with anything new here in a couple days the price I am sure will even out.
Activity: 238
Can I get back my money?

What rig number did you rent I am just curious.  Also try changing the pool you are connecting it to.  I believe that Betarigs is based in EU so if the pool you are trying to connect to has a port in EU it would probably be better to send it that way.

Sorry about your bad experience just trying to help.
Activity: 308
Merit: 146
I rented Mining rig #88 Dragons Den with 2.8 Mh/s but pool reports only 1.2-1.3Mh/s. It's running for more than 1 hour now so it should be pretty stable but it's not :/

Although you aren't renting my rig I have to comment on this.  My rig mines at the Kh/s advertised but today when I rented it out I am getting allot more rejected than I normally see.  They are all tagged

I would guess this has something to do with the way our Miners are getting forwarded to renters pools.  You could try to change the server you rented to a different pool and see if that helps.

I'm seeing much more rejected, too. there might be too much latency between me, betarigs, then the pool.
Is this because Betarigs is in EU, however, you are leasing a server (potentially) in another place (like the US), to a renter who is somewhere totally different (like Australia). This would introduce quite a bit of latency... Solution would be to offer additional Betarig servers eventually, one in NA, maybe another in Asia
Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Does it really go through betarigs? Why not just put the renter's pool in the miner directly?

Now another rig #38 Machine announced at 2Mh/s is reported to do 600 kh/s probably down... That's bad, the only working good is rig #87 Dual 280x #1.
Activity: 126
Can I get back my money?
Activity: 96
Merit: 10

Activity: 96
Merit: 10
How long do payment confirms take? Waited 15 mins so far.

looks like you're renting one of my rigs. Let me know if it's working properly.
Jump to: