Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Binary-Chain - VeriCoin and Verium - The First Dual-Blockchain Protocol - page 29. (Read 47625 times)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0
I can't sync Vericoin wallet 1.7.0.0 - "0 connections". What can I do?
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
I have some VRM (Verium coin)
I would like to know what this change into Binary-Chain means for me?
Will I still have the same Verium with the same condition (as  coin supply, block time etc.. or will it be changed or merged into one coin with VRC??)
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
Hum...
Is it possible to use in-wallet mining if you build daemon from the source code ?
I don't see any option related to mining in veriumd...
Try starting veriumd with -gen. I think most people use veriumMiner/cpuminer and point it to veriumd using RPC though.

It works, thanks !
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Activity: 31
Hum...
Is it possible to use in-wallet mining if you build daemon from the source code ?
If you want to solomine check this: http://resources.vericoin.info/wp-content/uploads/Verium-Solo-Mining-Guide.pdf

If you prefer pool mining you can follow these instructions:
https://vrm2.poolinat0r.com/index.php?page=gettingstarted
Activity: 1
Hum...
Try starting veriumd with -gen. I think most people use veriumMiner/cpuminer and point it to veriumd using RPC though.
Activity: 147
Hum...
Activity: 322
Merit: 260
I thought you could stake Verium, but I don't see how to do that in my wallet. I have very mature verium in my wallet, but I don't know how to stake it. Please help!!

P.S. Do I need to convert my Verium to Vericoin to stake them?

Verium is mined, Vericoin is staked.

Thanks Chef. Which do you prefer? Mining Verium, or Staking Vericoin, or both?

You gotta have some deep pockets to make staking worth it. Price is currently ~6600 sats, and several thousand are needed to make the magic happen.

You gotta have some decent hardware (used server with several CPUs with lots of cores) to make mining "worth it". Nothing some time on eBay and technical knowledge can't handle, but you better hope you have 1) government subsidized power, or 2) solar panels in the desert. Electricity usage can be high. I hobby mine, collecting dust in a pool for the fun of it (and because I can).

I think that as there is wider adoption, people will be interested in having their home PCs mining/staking from the wallets. Whether or not it is realistic to do so and expect any rewards blocks is to be determined, and is what I think will be one of the challenges that will need to be addressed in the future.

I appreciate these insights in a world full of uncertainties. I too collect dust from pools for the fun of it. The developers especially effectstocause are excellent.

I can't see people mining and staking from their wallets with the difficulty rising as people gain interest. Usually you get the solo rewards before people discover the opportunity. I don't know how people can mine solo competing with pools. That doesn't seem possible.
Activity: 54
I thought you could stake Verium, but I don't see how to do that in my wallet. I have very mature verium in my wallet, but I don't know how to stake it. Please help!!

You gotta have some deep pockets to make staking worth it. Price is currently ~6600 sats, and several thousand are needed to make the magic happen.

You gotta have some decent hardware (used server with several CPUs with lots of cores) to make mining "worth it". Nothing some time on eBay and technical knowledge can't handle, but you better hope you have 1) government subsidized power, or 2) solar panels in the desert. Electricity usage can be high. I hobby mine, collecting dust in a pool for the fun of it (and because I can).

I think that as there is wider adoption, people will be interested in having their home PCs mining/staking from the wallets. Whether or not it is realistic to do so and expect any rewards blocks is to be determined, and is what I think will be one of the challenges that will need to be addressed in the future.

Activity: 54

Activity: 2
I love the one button mining of the Verium Vault 1.1 although some serious horsepower is needed, each time I try to mine anything with my i3 CPU I realise I'm a romantic.
The dual chain proposition sounds solid, projects that try to be both money and reserve on one chain are hitting roadblocks. I'm hoping that this unique project gets the attention it deserves.
It's funny that my small stake on Verium places me around the 1000th rich list, ahhh the early days..
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Excited for the future of this one, definitely an extremely undervalued project!
Activity: 17
Tell me when will the coin appear on the exchange? And on which one, I would like to know the approximate price of this token.

VRM and VRC are on many different exchanges. The most popular one's are Bittrex (VRM & VRC), and Poloniex (only VRC). You can find others in the separate VRM & VRC threads.
Activity: 23
Merit: 4

Ah thank you. Smiley
I have a root server with a decent cpu. But it runs debian. Is there any easy way of starting a miner there? (im not experienced with compiling and just standard terminal usage)

It's easy:

Code:
git clone https://github.com/effectsToCause/veriumMiner
cd veriumMiner
./build.sh
./cpuminer -n 1048576 -o stratum+tcp://yourpool:port -u pooluser.worker -p workerpass

Activity: 243
what is a good cpu for cpu mining atm?
Im using my 2500k @4.2ghz and get around 1.2k/h

CPU hashrate comparison here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1O-hyFS-bqsopttmql6NgYWlWej9rZk_lm5MWivnehXg/edit#gid=0

Ah thank you. Smiley
I have a root server with a decent cpu. But it runs debian. Is there any easy way of starting a miner there? (im not experienced with compiling and just standard terminal usage)

Activity: 42
Tell me when will the coin appear on the exchange? And on which one, I would like to know the approximate price of this token.
Activity: 798
Merit: 251
Did this 2 coins that work at the same time?
Can we use this coin to sustain one another, I mean can we mix the 2 coins in a single place?
Pages:
Jump to: