Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees - page 908. (Read 704387 times)

Activity: 107
Merit: 10
I've got amazing powers of observation
Ok, I have created a poll to see how the community views the fork and the future of bitcoin. Please answer the poll so we can have a statistically significant number of responses.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.20409367
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
If btc forks in November will there be a 3rd coin? and will btc core crash if a lot of pumpers and buyers of bitcoin cash?

Yes, if they fork BTC to a segwit-1MB and segwit-2MB in November there will be three bitcoins.

The second question... If there are enough buyers for BCC buying with their post-fork BTC, the price of BTC will go down and BCC will go up. The higher the price of BCC, the more incentive for miners to switch. If enough miners switch to BCC, BTC could end up dead in the water since it does not have a difficulty adjustment algorithm like BitcoinABC. Everything depends on what people buy and sell.

I expect both chains to be viable though.
Activity: 196
Merit: 29
W12 – Smart contract technology for business for b
If I send BTC using Bitcoin Core, will I be sending BCC as well?

Take an address that you have private key.
Then import this shit into your wallet.
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
If I send BTC using Bitcoin Core, will I be sending BCC as well?
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Segwit was not in the original intent of Bitcoin.  The original intent of Bitcoin was to be a peer-to-peer electronic currency.  The original intent did not have to rely on a secondary transaction layer with exchanges and other nodes determining what is and is not a valid/good transaction.  A bigger blocksize will allow more peer-to-peer transactions, without having to rely on centralized nodes; THAT is closer to the original intent of Bitcoin.

Sure, you can argue that a 8MB blocksize will create more centralization in miners, but miners will always go to whatever blockchain that will make them more money.  It is the users, not the miners, that will determine the value of a blockchain.  

So it's 100% altcoin creation. How can it be Satoshi original idea when his original idea still going strong?

I don't get it. If mining becomes more centralized, what can I do as a user against this disadvantage? just curious

edit: or you meant you want more centralized mining instead of centralized nodes? As of me, none of them Grin
Activity: 8
If btc forks in November will there be a 3rd coin? and will btc core crash if a lot of pumpers and buyers of bitcoin cash?
staff
Activity: 4256
Merit: 1208
I support freedom of choice
i am pretty sure that Craig Steven Wright has a part in this project
I assure you NOT, he isn't part of this project.
Activity: 966
Merit: 507
I cant believe this happened such an ass move and this just seems like a total joke wow smfh

I couldn't agree more. Bitcoin movements used to be very cautious. And now all out of a sudden we have everything going on in a complex and quick way.
staff
Activity: 4256
Merit: 1208
I support freedom of choice
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
I cant believe this happened such an ass move and this just seems like a total joke wow smfh
Activity: 1204
Merit: 253
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
Clearly this will make a headache just know the world of bitcoin / altcoin. Who now wrote already so many and complicated. Moreover, added the comparison.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001
www.neutroncoin.com
This is going to be interesting to follow. There is another altcoin called Bitcore with 20 MB blocksize you can claim your free BTX. If you have Bitcoin at Block 463619.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annmain-bitcore-btx-datacarriersize-up-to-220-bytes-1883902
Activity: 228
what wallet to use that support btc and bcc i dont get it
Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
Looks like Bitcoin cash is serious about what they really want,we saw many alternatives coming up and fading in the past,but this one has a good backing from the major players and it will have some good steam,i am pretty sure that Craig Steven Wright has a part in this project as this looks like what he exactly said earlier in one of the conference and if he really is Satoshi he might dump his millions of bitcoins  Grin .Just waiting for the drama to unfold.
Activity: 225
Does anyone knows about which wallet will give you BCC for 100%?
From what they have written they will be giving out coins like air drop,if you are holding n number of coins they will provide bitcoin cash on a ratio of 1:1, lets see how it goes as they have some big backings and they will be having a huge support in terms of hash rate ,i am just curious to see how this goes.
Activity: 392
Merit: 154
I have strong evidence that Poloniex is going to support BCC VERY soon.

Should help make it easier to dump then
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
So it's 100% altcoin creation. How can it be Satoshi original idea when his original idea still going strong?

Not altcoin per se. A split from bitcoin core so they can carry on limiting the blocksize, this coin will allow blocksize to increase. Coins are still from Satoshi's original chain and this will continue Satoshi's original whitepaper and Core will continue going against Satoshi's whitepaper and do whatever they please. Technically this should be the original Bitcoin and Core should be the altcoin.
Segwit was not in the original intent of Bitcoin.  The original intent of Bitcoin was to be a peer-to-peer electronic currency.  The original intent did not have to rely on a secondary transaction layer with exchanges and other nodes determining what is and is not a valid/good transaction.  A bigger blocksize will allow more peer-to-peer transactions, without having to rely on centralized nodes; THAT is closer to the original intent of Bitcoin.

Sure, you can argue that a 8MB blocksize will create more centralization in miners, but miners will always go to whatever blockchain that will make them more money.  It is the users, not the miners, that will determine the value of a blockchain.  

We need to disable miners
Activity: 29

July 24, 2017
OUR PLANS TO HANDLE POTENTIAL BTC NETWORK DISRUPTIONS

There are a number of proposals for technical changes to Bitcoin that may take effect in the coming weeks, so we are taking this opportunity to communicate our plans for managing any resulting network disruption. We take no position on the desirability of any particular proposal nor do we have a stake in any outcome. Our primary concern is protecting our users and their tokens.

As we have done in the past when faced with similar circumstances (1), any decision we make will be with the security of users' tokens in mind. We will be disabling deposits and withdrawals of Bitcoin (and all BTC related tokens) any time we deem necessary to ensure that all tokens stored on Poloniex remain safe. The length of any possible downtime is unknown as this is highly dependent on network stability. Our objective will be to bring the wallet back online and enable deposits and withdrawals as soon as we believe it is safe to do so. Trading will be unaffected during these periods.

At this time, we cannot commit to supporting any specific blockchain that may emerge if there is a blockchain split. Even if two viable blockchains emerge, we may or may not support both and will make such a decision only after we are satisfied that we can safely support either blockchain in an enterprise environment. If we decide to support and make available derivative blockchain tokens after a blockchain split, note that if you have your tokens on loan at the time of a split, we cannot distribute the derivative tokens to you, the lender, as you would not possess them. Such loaned tokens can, and often do, leave the platform. (2)

If you don't want to leave the decision of which Bitcoin tokens to support (or recognize as valid) to a 3rd party, you should not keep your tokens on any 3rd party platform. We encourage you to follow our Twitter and Notices board for updates.

- The Poloniex Team
Jump to: