Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Foundation Board Election Details Announced - page 10. (Read 19752 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
Phinnaeus Gage is an excellent choice.

If he is successful then I would expect to see the BF after BFL like a terrier onto a bone!
Activity: 926
Merit: 1001
weaving spiders come not here
Phinnaeus Gage is an excellent choice.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin
Detective Phinn, you've been serving the community for quite some time now...are you interested in running?

inquiring minds want to know Detective Phinn.
donator
Activity: 1464
Merit: 1047
I outlived my lifetime membership:)
Detective Phinn, you've been serving the community for quite some time now...are you interested in running?
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
I wonder how many people nominate Trendon Shavers.

Or Pinkie Pie. I couldn't say it before, but now that she's a young adult, I wouldn't mind sniffer her tail.

legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1022
I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.
I wonder how many people nominate Trendon Shavers.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
I'm not a fan of democracy, and this position isn't particularly important, but this election should be pretty interesting. It'll be the first big election in the Bitcoin ecosystem. There should be a lot of nice drama. Smiley

Has anyone announced their candidacy yet? Who do you guys think will run/win?

- gmaxwell says that he will not run
- Erik Voorhees would stand a good chance if he's interested
- Luke-Jr?
- jgarzik?
- Mike Hearn?
- casascius?
- ?

I only see one person who shouldn't be on that list. Then again, maybe I'm just having a Sr. moment.
donator
Activity: 1464
Merit: 1047
I outlived my lifetime membership:)
Anybody here have an interest in representing the general members of the Bitcoin Foundation? I'm willing to nominate any qualified person who could bring new skills and energy to the board.

Note, you don't have to be a member to run (but if you win, it would be rather awkward if you didn't want to join!).

Here's the current board composition:
https://bitcoinfoundation.org/about/board

administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13032
I'm not a fan of democracy, and this position isn't particularly important, but this election should be pretty interesting. It'll be the first big election in the Bitcoin ecosystem. There should be a lot of nice drama. Smiley

Has anyone announced their candidacy yet? Who do you guys think will run/win?

- gmaxwell says that he will not run
- Erik Voorhees would stand a good chance if he's interested
- Luke-Jr?
- jgarzik?
- Mike Hearn?
- casascius?
- ?
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
The Bitcoin Foundation has just announced the process for the upcoming election for two new seats on the Board of Directors.  Details can be found on our blog: https://bitcoinfoundation.org/blog/?p=226

Here are the highlights:

Nominating Deadline: August 1, 2013

• To nominate, you must be a member of the Bitcoin Foundation.  Become a member here: https://bitcoinfoundation.org/support
  • Individual Members can nominate and vote for the Individual seat, and Industry Members can nominate and vote for the Industry seat.
  • Email Lindsay ([email protected]) to have your nomination added to the list.  Each member can only nominate once; it is okay to nominate yourself.
  • All nominees will be required to fill out, sign, and mail in a physical form declaring their willingness to run for a seat and serve on the board if elected.  Lindsay will provide that form upon nomination.

Membership Sign Up Deadline: August 23, 2013

• If you are not already a member of the Bitcoin Foundation, you must become a member by August 23, 2013, to vote in the election.  Details on becoming a member can be found here: https://bitcoinfoundation.org/support

Voting Begins: Week of September 1

• Details on how to vote will be sent to all members by email in advance of the first vote.
  • If we have a large pool of nominees, multiple voting rounds may be necessary.
Pages:
Jump to: