Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Foundation Board Election Details Announced - page 9. (Read 19752 times)

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
I'm not a fan of democracy, and this position isn't particularly important, but this election should be pretty interesting. It'll be the first big election in the Bitcoin ecosystem. There should be a lot of nice drama. Smiley
Don't worry, it's not a democracy when you have to buy in to vote, and you can pay $100k for your own board seat. 
Oh wait it's modeled on real rather than ideal democracy.  Never mind, you're right!
The only thing that the candidates are running for is the opportunity to work their asses off. Your comments suggest you have a better idea that doesn't cost money. Do tell.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
decentralizedhashing.com
I'm not a fan of democracy, and this position isn't particularly important, but this election should be pretty interesting. It'll be the first big election in the Bitcoin ecosystem. There should be a lot of nice drama. Smiley
Don't worry, it's not a democracy when you have to buy in to vote, and you can pay $100k for your own board seat. 
Oh wait it's modeled on real rather than ideal democracy.  Never mind, you're right!
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003
We should prepare a questionnaire for candidates, so that we can get them to state their position on the major issues that might come up. I'd love to get them on the record on several points.
Thats an excellent idea. Even better would be live interviews.
legendary
Activity: 858
Merit: 1000
This is going to be good...
legendary
Activity: 1498
Here are the current candidates for the individual seat:
Elizabeth T. Ploshay
Edward Clements (edd)
Duncan Goldie-Scot
Nilam Doctor
Christian Kammler
Ben Davenport (bpd)
Trace Mayer
Luke Dashjr (Luke-Jr)
Dmitry Murashchik (Rassah)
Aaron Lasher (chalash)

I hope Rassah wins as well, but probably not, since this is probably rigged.

Also Rassah if you do win, don't pull a Charlie Sherm, becoming too cool for the community kinda attitude.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
I hope Rassah wins as well, but probably not, since this is probably rigged.

Also Rassah if you do win, don't pull a Charlie Sherm, becoming too cool for the community kinda attitude.

Thanks! And nah, I'm a computer nerd through and through. I am very much uncool  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1227
We should prepare a questionnaire for candidates, so that we can get them to state their position on the major issues that might come up. I'd love to get them on the record on several points.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008
CEO of IOHK
Elizabeth Ploshay is my favorite candidate so far, though I still need to do more research. I wish there had been more active forum users nominated.

If Adam is not running, then I will support Elizabeth.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I do not sell Bitcoins. I sell SHA256(SHA256()).
I support Dmitry Murahchik.
legendary
Hmm, I only know Ben and Edd. Ben because he has been somewhat active, and he's the guy I bought a few thousand $'s worth of bitcoin over PayPal back when they were at $22 in June of 201, right before they hit $30, and crashed (thanks for trusting me Ben). And edd works with us for Bitcoin100.

EDIT: Managed to squeeze in at the last minute. My application form is in the mail (from me to them).
administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13032
Here are the current candidates for the individual seat:
Elizabeth T. Ploshay
Edward Clements (edd)
Duncan Goldie-Scot
Nilam Doctor
Christian Kammler
Ben Davenport (bpd)
Trace Mayer
Luke Dashjr (Luke-Jr)
Dmitry Murashchik (Rassah)
Aaron Lasher (chalash)
Noah Silverman (noah977)
Pedro Fernandes
Ryan Deming
Joerg Platzer (joecooin)

Elizabeth Ploshay is my favorite candidate so far, though I still need to do more research. I wish there had been more active forum users nominated.

Edit: Updated list. This should be the final candidate list.
legendary
I wonder if I should toss my name into this crazy ring... I really hate popularity contests though  Tongue

You should. None of the existing candidates are very well-known AFAICT. It might be too late to nominate yourself, though...

Nominating Deadline: August 1, 2013

Yikes! Thanks for the heads-up. Just emailed, with 1 minute to spare  Grin
administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13032
I wonder if I should toss my name into this crazy ring... I really hate popularity contests though  Tongue

You should. None of the existing candidates are very well-known AFAICT. It might be too late to nominate yourself, though...

Nominating Deadline: August 1, 2013
Activity: 406
I do not believe that Mike Hearn should be anyhere near where he can make major decisions on the bitcoin source/protocol, unless you want to end all anonymity, all privacy, and need to account to authorities for the complete coin history of every Satoshi sent to you.
I didn't know those were his goals. I take it all back Roll Eyes
I just think he would be an asset because he's a great developer. Anyways, he's probably too busy.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1022
I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.
Is Max Keiser a member?
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008
CEO of IOHK
I'm throwing my support behind Adam Levine should he announce his intention to run.
Activity: 406
I wonder how many people nominate Trendon Shavers.
I would like to officially nominate Trendon Shavers and Ian Bakewell  Tongue

Kidding aside, if Mike Hearn is interested, I definitely think it should be him.
donator
Activity: 1464
Merit: 1047
I outlived my lifetime membership:)
The field is wide open. I want the best person possible representing me. Get the word out!
Pages:
Jump to: