Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Gold : Make Bitcoin Decentralized Again - page 75. (Read 153236 times)

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1828

People deciding to try GPU mining rather than buying an ASIC from Bitmain is taking action. It's not simply doing nothing.

In that respect, yes. And kudos for putting the pedal to the metal. But where we started was here:

So if I want to mine with sha256 algo, I need to purchase the equipment from the same people who are going to be my direct competitors? What kind of fair raw deal is that? Cheesy To add insult to injury, Bitmain requires that I use only BCH, which benefits Bitmain even more. Sick of oligarchies making all the rules, to make the most profit for themselves. That's why I got into crypto in the first place.

And what exactly is wrong with me bitching about centralization wherever it rears its ugly head? Especially when I feel it is against my own self interest. Sorry, just because the centralization comes from a private company rather than a government doesn't give them a pass.  Besides, I highly suspect that the reason Bitmain is getting a good deal on the hydroelectric power in China is government sponsored, anyway.
Activity: 392
Merit: 154
250k to 300k Bitcoin Gold was sold by developers. That's it. Check biggest exchange, then plus assumed amount of coins from free holders (who keep their BTC out of exchanges), you can estimate the maximum Bitcoin Gold at the moment. Please wake up.

Im not sure what you are saying but the current supply can be found by querying the block explorers API http://btgexp.com/ext/getmoneysupply

So the bitcoin gold in existence right now is 16770811.08899401 or 16,770,811 BTG

As for saying the devs have sold 250k - 300k I presume you are referring to USD value and not 200k-300k BTG
How much is premined?

i'm sure they won't tell us how many coins are premined, like bitcoin cash till now we don't know how much they got premined coins.
these forks gives only shit coins, the only good one thing is we get free extra money, i hope we don't see many coins like this because these coins will kill the original bitcoin if this stupid forks coins will continue.
you can easily tell how many coins were premined from the source code if you are a dev of course  Cheesy

You don't need to be a dev it's open source and its 8000blocks/100000coins you can find this out by reading the code on github

I don't think 100k coins is a big issue as long as devs can deliver something valuable.

It's not the big Bcash miners have mined more than this by themselves just by exploiting the EDA some people complain but people don't work for free when this a full time job
all the premine is going into running the network high powered dedicated servers are not cheap to rent and renting lots of them to run nodes, explorers, an official mining pool etc all costs money.

Im betting the few people that do complain about this would not work for free or spend possibly thousands a month to maintain a network without financial compensation I applaud bitcoin gold for raising the financial backing this way and having total freedom to listen to the users and be for the users over taking corporate money and having investors to answer  to
Merit: 152
How much is premined?

i'm sure they won't tell us how many coins are premined, like bitcoin cash till now we don't know how much they got premined coins.
these forks gives only shit coins, the only good one thing is we get free extra money, i hope we don't see many coins like this because these coins will kill the original bitcoin if this stupid forks coins will continue.
you can easily tell how many coins were premined from the source code if you are a dev of course  Cheesy

You don't need to be a dev it's open source and its 8000blocks/100000coins you can find this out by reading the code on github

I don't think 100k coins is a big issue as long as devs can deliver something valuable.
How much is premined?

Activity: 336
Merit: 100
How much is premined?

Activity: 746
Merit: 509
TIME and WAVE COINs TO REMEMBER
BTG is looking more good in the long run in comparison to BCH regardless of the value of these two. There is most of supply in their hands and that is cause of manipulation whereas in this market trading is being carried on. It has been very profitable in trading perspective for me too.
That is definitely true but in regard of bitcoin price looming every coins expected to go in red soon so not now .
Thank you
Activity: 826
Merit: 250
BTG is looking more good in the long run in comparison to BCH regardless of the value of these two. There is most of supply in their hands and that is cause of manipulation whereas in this market trading is being carried on. It has been very profitable in trading perspective for me too.
Activity: 826
Merit: 263
Hi to all! Please, a question: on october 25 my bitcoin were in an electrum wallet. How can I get my bitcoingold now? Thanks in advance for your kindly help
Merit: 152
Let's make Bitcoin Gold a real one and great again!
I'd appreciate it if you make it happen.
But where is the 'great again' coming from? Was it great before?
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660
lose: unfind ... loose: untight
Hey look! An untapped market!

Who will be the first to spin an ASIC for Bitcoin Gold and its algo cousins? I can pretty well guarantee it won't be anyone who spends their precious time crusading on bitcointalk against Jihan's supposed unfair advantage.

(I don't mean to be ragging on you specifically, bones. This is really addressed to the masses)

As a consumer, I don't have to put up or shut up. For example, if I don't happen to like Wal-Mart, I don't need to raise the capital and come up with a viable alternative. I have every right to voice my complaints and take my business elsewhere. Are you stating that Yelp isn't an example of the free market at work? Kiss

No. Sorry. I am being unclear.

Of course you have a right to whine about reality. However, it does nothing to change the situation, and merely makes you look like a whiner. Complaining about some supposed advantage that someone with resources, skill, and most importantly initiative enjoys, merely exposes one as someone who would rather complain than to actually do something.

and again: (I don't mean to be ragging on you specifically, bones. This is really addressed to the masses)

People deciding to try GPU mining rather than buying an ASIC from Bitmain is taking action. It's not simply doing nothing.

In that respect, yes. And kudos for putting the pedal to the metal. But where we started was here:

So if I want to mine with sha256 algo, I need to purchase the equipment from the same people who are going to be my direct competitors? What kind of fair raw deal is that? Cheesy To add insult to injury, Bitmain requires that I use only BCH, which benefits Bitmain even more. Sick of oligarchies making all the rules, to make the most profit for themselves. That's why I got into crypto in the first place.
Activity: 289
Merit: 10
Bitcoin gold is the use of PoW algorithm: Equihash, miners launched, is happy mining, bitcoin computing power has to be part of the share of the go.
Activity: 158
Will be intersting to see within which time frame Bitcoin Gold will reach the same valuation as Bitcoin Cash.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
It will be more appropriate and appreciable, if BTG team prioritize Electrum Wallet release for BTG as first in the list of ToDo as mentioned in bitcoingold.org!
The success of bitcoin gold was born, and many BTC holders ate candy again yesterday.
The gold partners hold for a while, and will it go beyond the big brother BCH? Maybe that's what we're looking forward to Grin

BCH also seems to have large support from many BTC holders yes there are lots claiming scam, and instant dump etc but that's expected but the overall support is quite good and when the BCH crown try and pull it down there are always lots or core supporters standing up to them anyone would think the BCH crowd were worried that BTG will dominate them  Cheesy
Activity: 336
The success of bitcoin gold was born, and many BTC holders ate candy again yesterday.
The gold partners hold for a while, and will it go beyond the big brother BCH? Maybe that's what we're looking forward to Grin
Is the volume seriously more than half a billion dollars? All those Bitcoin forks get traded so much, crazy stuff.

There is a lot more than that Bithumb is starting trading but not yet listed under CMC
Activity: 267
Merit: 250
Is the volume seriously more than half a billion dollars? All those Bitcoin forks get traded so much, crazy stuff.
Merit: 254
anybody claim their gold from their trezor yet? hows the process?

good question. anyone do that yet?

Yes, it's not that hard at all. Instruction can be found here. https://blog.trezor.io/claim-bitcoin-gold-bgold-btg-f66969e7f2c0
Just update the firmware, then go to the claiming tool.

hehe. thx
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1828
anybody claim their gold from their trezor yet? hows the process?

good question. anyone do that yet?

Yes, it's not that hard at all. Instruction can be found here. https://blog.trezor.io/claim-bitcoin-gold-bgold-btg-f66969e7f2c0
Just update the firmware, then go to the claiming tool.
Pages:
Jump to: