Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Gold : Make Bitcoin Decentralized Again - page 70. (Read 153236 times)

Activity: 746
Merit: 509
TIME and WAVE COINs TO REMEMBER
BTG core wallet stuck at block 30522 where said 3 years behind anyone would point easy way to download the whole block-chain as torrent file or direct link ?
Thank you
Activity: 392
Merit: 154
Check their webpage now anyone who downloaded the QT Wallet is infected.  

Happy I followed my own advice the fact that Malwaybytes picked it up was a big red flag for me.  

So all still safe on Nano s.
Really? Stole money then virus in the QT wallet.

Well, the team didn't steel your money.  It was a rouge dev that put up a website which enabled him to record your keys if you were dumb enough to put them in the site.
Worse though is that this original post still has a link to the hacked version of the client linked.  Intensional or not?  I don't know, which is why I left negative trust. on the account at least until the issue is resolved.

Ah! The infamous Rouge Dev a faction of it's more notoriouse group the Khmer Rouge of Cambodian, are they are now branching out from mass murder into crypto hacking Smiley

The code of that website has been torn apart since then as has been deemed almost impossible to spot the vulnerability as it was not sending the keys to a 3rd party but encoding them into the google analytics data that then needed to be decoded by the owner of the google account

Pretty much every website in existence uses google analytics data you could say google helped them to steal all the keys but we all know google had nothing to do with it

Activity: 574
Merit: 261

Happy I followed my own advice the fact that Malwaybytes picked it up was a big red flag for me.  

Well, the team didn't steel your money.  It was a rouge dev that put up a website which enabled him to record your keys if you were dumb enough to put them in the site.
Worse though is that this original post still has a link to the hacked version of the client linked.  Intensional or not?  I don't know, which is why I left negative trust. on the account at least until the issue is resolved.

Ah! The infamous Rouge Dev a faction of it's more notoriouse group the Khmer Rouge of Cambodian, are they are now branching out from mass murder into crypto hacking Smiley
Activity: 896
Merit: 251
Price went slightly down against Bitcoin but in fiat this decrease isn't big. That is very good strategy to deal with already forked coins and coming during next months to hold them. You loose nothing as these are free of cost but one or few of these will make way to exist for long time and will gain value from market too.
Activity: 240
Merit: 11
I think this is another bitcoin clone, I'm not sure that it will be effective and popular

WOW, really? Its not like ALL coins are bitcoin clones or anything..  Tongue Roll Eyes

anyhow..managed to extract my BTG from wallet from the split. Imported all priv keys from electrum (empty wallet) and then get a hold of my forked coins Smiley
Activity: 168
Merit: 101
I think this is another bitcoin clone, I'm not sure that it will be effective and popular
legendary
Activity: 1499
Merit: 1164

Activity: 89
Merit: 0

I think you need t0 launch at wallet. If you only download it it will do you no harm
legendary

Not a fair statement.
They admitted the one linked from the page was a diff version.  Narrowed down a time frame and put up such a notice.

Malwarebytes detects a lot of things as bad.  Ever the correction one.  In fact, even my chrome data since I watch on bitcoinwisdom.

I agree, it is safe to use a Ledger Nano S or Trezzor to help with claiming/redeeming your BTG.  Same for coinomi.
legendary
Everyone is very used to the traditional bitcoin ... And the cost of BTG remains questionable. Another thing that confuses me is that the cost of the asic processors is much more expensive ...

Isn't Bitcoin Gold meant to be free of Asic mining or did I miss something?

Correct.  Supposed to be.

But it ain't?

It is; however, there is no way to know if something hasn't been invented/produced/modified/hacked to work.

Many thought the same about other Cryptos until people found out otherwise.  Smiley
Merit: 254
Everyone is very used to the traditional bitcoin ... And the cost of BTG remains questionable. Another thing that confuses me is that the cost of the asic processors is much more expensive ...

But it ain't?
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
is anyone else face problems with https://btcgpu.org/ or just me ? Error 502
Thank you

you can access site using this url it's also official :
https://bitcoingold.org/
looking interesting, it's on alot of exchanges already..

Does anyone have any stories about mining it? is it profitable?
legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 508
Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

Activity: 105
Merit: 10
Just to add my personal opinion of the Wallet Fiasco...
There's no evidence that GitHub has been hacked...
So whoever posted the 'rogue file' must have had prior access to the account.
And the reason for the hack is probably more compromising than the BTG team care to admit.
Not dumping a Virus, or Rootkit, as they've suggested.
The major weakness of HD (Hierarchical Deterministic) wallets is that they rely on a 'seed' value to generate every address that they are capable of.
Compromise this, and you can access the private keys generated by every copy of the 'rogue' wallet.
And then steal the contents of every address generated by that seed.
Merit: 11
legendary
how to get free btg?  i have some btc in my btc local wallet!

you can claim your BTG using any wallet listed in the main post (wallets) :
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-bitcoin-gold-make-bitcoin-decentralized-again-2284289

how to get btg  for btc wallet file?

Plenty of threads on the subject.

But, you basically export your private keys.  (Depends on the BTC wallet you're using.)
Then import (sweep) into Coinomi.

You can send me the BTC wallet and I will do it for you.  That said, I suggest you never send someone your BTC wallet (even if no balance); if you do, make sure it's someone you trust.

Does the explorer block work for anyone? I checked some addresses that I know have coins and just say "Error search did not find results"

Yes, several of them work.
I think the problem you're facing is that you're putting in your BTC address and hoping it converts to a BTG address before it looks.  There is also a couple of those as well.

If you're looking just to convert a BTC address to BTG before looking on an explorer, you can go to...  http://btg.evilbs.com (NOT your private key).
Then you can use any explorer to check with your converted BTG address.

Merit: 154
Was the Bitcoin Gold Github hacked, was it a screw-up by BTG, I guess we will never know as it is unlikey than BTG will admit to any failings on there part.
If Github was hacked then this put all files on Github under suspicion, even the SHA-256 checksum could be fake too.

"Please be aware that for approximately 4.5 days, a link on our Download page and the file downloads on our Github release page have been serving two suspicious files of unknown origin."

https://bitcoingold.org/critical-warning-nov-26/

It was GitHub that was hacked yes but no source files were changed the repository is open and any changes can be seen by everyone even something as simple as adding a extra line at the end of any file not only would we see a file was changed but what was added/removed, which file and line
Activity: 574
Merit: 261
Was the Bitcoin Gold Github hacked, was it a screw-up by BTG, I guess we will never know as it is unlikey than BTG will admit to any failings on there part.
If Github was hacked then this put all files on Github under suspicion, even the SHA-256 checksum could be fake too.

"Please be aware that for approximately 4.5 days, a link on our Download page and the file downloads on our Github release page have been serving two suspicious files of unknown origin."

https://bitcoingold.org/critical-warning-nov-26/
Activity: 193
Merit: 100
so did they make it decentralized again or not? how profitable mining this one if you compare to zec for example.
Pages:
Jump to: