Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] BitShares 2.0 - page 42. (Read 153028 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 504
June 24, 2015, 07:19:22 PM
Here's installment 6 of 7 in Max Wright's series of 5-minute interviews with Dan Larimer.

Today's topic,  

BitShares Bond Market

A detailed written explanation can be found here:

Collateralized Bond Market

Enjoy!
June 23, 2015, 10:33:17 PM

Yet another example of the innovative businesses building on BitShares

This video was made with the help of the greatest word wizard of BitShares, CryptoPrometheus, and our latest BitShares freelancer who is now accepting bitUSD, Thekool1s.

This video took a few days to get right, but working with Thekool1s was an absolute pleasure. He had to make several edits to get it right, but he never complained, always eager to make sure it was done right. He showed he cared about making it a great video, and wouldn't stop until it was just right.

I highly recommend if you are considering getting a video like this done to contact him. You can see his offer posting here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,17033

Feel free to thumb-up our video on Youtube if you agree. Wink
June 23, 2015, 10:10:08 PM

Thanks to the guys in Munich for this...

Top Ten Reasons to Go Crypto
June 23, 2015, 09:58:53 PM

This is awesome news! Of all the selling points for BitShares, security would not have made my 'Top 5 reasons BitShares is unstoppable', and yet security is evidently a major concern that is drawing entrepreneurs to this chain (see quote below from press release). Nicely done, everyone, and especially to the developers who have worked so hard to make this technology rock solid.
-----
“Some of the biggest digital currency exchanges have been hacked and the rest are looking over their shoulders” says Banx Capital CEO and Founder Mark Lyford. “BitShares is offering their SmartChain as a safe, level playing field for use by the whole industry. It can serve as backbone network to all the exchanges as a way for them to trade with and against each other. With shared order books we will have deeper markets, tighter spreads, and greater liquidity. And since our customers keep their own keys while trading on this network, combined with hierarchical multi-sig capabilities – we can’t get hacked, and our customers can’t get hacked.”

June 23, 2015, 01:19:24 PM

From today's Banx announcement about joining the BitShares Exchange Network

Leaning forward as if to tell me a secret, Lyford went on, “But that wasn’t their killer business model at all!  Sure, they are a stand-alone decentralized exchange on a blockchain that you can interact with from your own wallet just like Bitcoin, but that was just their prototype demo.

This year they are upgrading to an industrial strength platform that can handle every transaction in the whole crypto industry with enough bandwidth left over to host everything Visa is doing as well!  And their transactions verify in 1 second not 1 hour.”

Why do they need that kind of bandwidth? 

“Because they are offering their “Smartchain” as a safe, level playing field for use by the whole industry.  It can serve as backbone network to all the exchanges as a way for them to trade with and against each other.  Instead of keeping their order books in a dark, closed, isolated, hackable stovepipe, they can put them all out there in the transparent open where all their combined customers can trade against all their combined assets!”

He sat back as if he had just explained The Universe and Everything.

“Don’t you see,” he went on, “With shared order books we have deeper markets, tighter spreads, and greater liquidity.  And since our customers keep their own keys while trading on this network we can’t get hacked!  Not only that, with BitShares easy to use hierarchical multi-sig capabilities, even our customers can’t get hacked.”

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/2593119#ixzz3duGpsChx
June 23, 2015, 12:46:13 PM
That real world asset has value, and so does the blockchain token (bitcoin and BitShares).

Bitcoin Lesson 1.0 = blockchain tokens have value because people perform useful work to operate and protect them.  Only after you fully grasp that concept can you graduate and move on to Bitcoin Lesson 2.0 which is that you can use these tokens when trading collateral values on a blockchain.

Congratulations Mr. Keiser for graduating (no matter how long it finally took you to learn this technical lesson).  Now you can help your fans protect themselves financially, while they get into crypto.

+5% Nicely stated and a great way to explain SmartCoins to others.

Agreed, that was eloquent. +5%
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018
June 22, 2015, 10:33:29 AM
i have one question, i had several balances of the former PTS, AGS and imported the keys some time ago into the new bts client.
when will i see the imported balances "official" in the bts client and is there a console command to verify what kind of balances will pop-up in the future?

First please check your balance here: http://www1.agsexplorer.com
To check vesting balance (after BitShares merger BTSX->BTS) in BitShares client console type:
Code:
wallet_account_vesting_balances 
Calc sum of "available_balance" field and divide by 100000 your get your vesting balance in BTS.

If you have more questions, and you want fast reply, ask them here: https://bitsharestalk.org
Activity: 556
Merit: 500
June 22, 2015, 06:43:04 AM
i have one question, i had several balances of the former PTS, AGS and imported the keys some time ago into the new bts client.
when will i see the imported balances "official" in the bts client and is there a console command to verify what kind of balances will pop-up in the future?
June 21, 2015, 10:18:49 PM
I was surprised to see this thread suddenly moved over to the service discussion subforum.

[ANN] BitShares Exchange Network

So I guess I'll have to put a link to it from here since this is not just a service discussion, it is a fundamental characteristic of BitShares 2.0 and essential to understanding its true significance as a "Bitcoin 2.0" Smartchain.

For example, take a look at this post taken from the very beginning of that thread.  Hopefully it can be seen that it is describing a whole new use case for the BitShares 2.0 blockchain.

The BitShares Blockchain now has a whole new purpose.

Not only is it a second generation coin containing a decentralized exchange that produces smart-currency products...
Now it's also a transparent inter-company network letting exchanges give their customers and assets trading access to customers and assets on other exchanges.

Instead of competing with traditional exchanges,
we are multiplying the markets they can enjoy by networking with each other.

Here's the details about why this is revolutionary:

Now that you've had time to absorb all the cool new features in BitShares 2.0, its time to start unveiling some of the implications about what is possible.  In this post, I'll lay out one of them.

The BitShares blockchain can serve as a backbone
to support live trading between traditional exchanges.  

Now, instead of having separate shallow markets inside their own stovepipe order books, they can use BitShares to enable all their customers to trade all their assets with the customers and assets of other exchanges.  Small exchanges can band together to attract medium exchanges to join them to compete with still bigger exchanges.  Like a rolling stone.

This greatly expands the network effect, liquidity and market depth of all participants.  A bigger pie for everyone.

And with our new referral system, every participating exchange keeps their own profits from signing up their own customers and issuing their own assets.

We have the perfect way for them to safely compete and cooperate on a single, compelling, transparent exchange network.

The BitShares Exchange Network.

So, exchanges can do more than just serve as gateways and bridges.
They can publish their own order books transparently on our blockchain.
So everyone can KNOW that they are honest and solvent.

And every customer holds the keys to their own assets, fully decentralized where they won't be such juicy targets for hackers.
With easy to use multi-sig accounts to make those decentralized accounts even more secure.

BitShares 2.0 has the industrial strength to handle the workload of all member crypto exchanges combined.
It is the perfect application to serve as an inter exchange networking back bone.
(Almost like we planned it that way.)

Yeah, but it will never happen, right?

Not so fast! Check out this week's Big BitShares Announcement!

CCEDK.com will put its exchange on a transparent block chain offering to trade with other exchanges there.
(And provide them fiat ramps and crypto-aware debit card support in the mix.)

Activity: 574
Merit: 250
June 21, 2015, 10:15:36 AM
in b4 bitshares 3.0
June 21, 2015, 08:43:01 AM

A Note about too much information:

now I know why BitShares is hard to sell.....

We expect ordinary people to read through all these overwhelming information and then pay for it .

I didn't know there are these much information before .

Cry Cry Cry Cry
I don't expect end-users to do such thorough research at all.
The referral program and secure SmartCoin banking services will attract them.

This information is to attract businesses to build on top of bts and for investors to see the potential before 2.0 is released. If all this was easy to understand then many of us would not be in the position we are in now.
Nothing is free - extensive research is the cost to feel comfortable betting big on cutting edge technology.

I think UIAs are going to bring in the most customers. Shopping chains will issue discount coupons, gaming services will issue tokens to enhance the experience and innumerable other uses will get their attention.

BTS will capture customers from where they are already comfortable and improve their life - not persuade them to understand crypto.

DPOS 2.0 solves so many of the problems in crypto that its almost too good to be true.
Can't wait!
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018
June 21, 2015, 04:27:45 AM

Beyond Bitcoin Hangout 6/13/2015 w/Ronny Boesing, CEO of the CCEDK Exchange.
He talks with the BitShares community about the vision and goals of CCEDK and their plans to providing a fiat gateway into the BitShares Eco System.

https://soundcloud.com/beyond-bitcoin-hangouts/beyondbitcoin-bonus-hangout-ccedk-6-13-2015-s3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhwhMhwuMhI
https://geo.itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/beyond-bitcoin-community/id1005806033?mt=2&uo=6
June 20, 2015, 03:26:11 PM

Let's Talk Bitcoin - Adam B. Levine interviews Daniel Larimer about BitShares 2.0

Episode 223 - Some Other Castle
June 20, 2015, 12:29:25 PM
Hello Everyone,

Here's two links to the whole Monday Special Mumble DEV Chat session with Bytemaster announcing the new BitShares 2.0
This was a 2hr Hangout, so I've broken it down into two 1hr segments.
Hope you enjoy!

PART 1 - https://soundcloud.com/beyond-bitcoin-hangouts/pt1-beyond-bitcoin-ann-of-btsv2-06-09-2015-dev-hangout-s3

PART 2 - https://soundcloud.com/beyond-bitcoin-hangouts/pt2-beyond-bitcoin-ann-of-btsv2-06-09-2015-dev-hangout-s3
June 18, 2015, 02:06:42 PM
Here's installment 5 of 7 in Max Wright's series of 5-minute interviews with Dan Larimer.

Today's topic,  

User Issued Assets

A detailed written explanation can be found here:

https://bitshares.org/technology/user-issued-assets/

Enjoy!

June 17, 2015, 09:14:45 AM
I'm a strong advocate of the slogan for the reasons I've stated below.
But I'll leave that up to our very decentralized PR and marketing department.
Each of them has a very different view about what communicates best to very different demographics.
It doesn't surprise me that what is compelling to one group might be off-putting to another.
I'll stick to wandering the forums on clean-up duty...

Heh, I remember as a kid hearing my mother hum the jingle to this famous ad as she did the laundry:

(Hint:  It's the last four notes in the 1968 classic rock song "Touch me" by the Doors.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bKSqKpdEFI

Funny, I don't remember her ever telling my dad that

1.  "The tensile strength of this soap powder far exceeds that of dirt."
2.  "This detergent's oder is far more powerful than the smell of your work socks."
3.  "Did you know that Ajax can do the same thing as Atlas -- without shrugging?"

So, from nearly sixty years of training in front of the old boob tube, I've become an expert a recognizing the purpose of a good advertising slogan.

If you can get people to ask, "Oh really?  In what way exactly is Ajax stronger than dirt?", then you have solved half the marketing battle.

So, if we can get the ordinary, non-crypto-aware consumer to ask a similar question, "Oh really, In what way exactly is BitShares safer than a Swiss Bank?" than we will have done our marketing job.

So, I would appreciate it if you would continue to complain everywhere you can about my favorite marketing slogan.  I'd like to see everyone's mother humming that jingle on the way to collect her yield on her unconfiscatable, unrehypothicatable, un-bail-in-able, uninflatable and unbetrayable savings.

BitShares.  
Safer than a Swiss Bank.  
(Ask me why!)

Activity: 123
Merit: 100
June 17, 2015, 03:39:29 AM
I am a BTS supporter

I'm not surprised.  You're the calibre of individual they seem to draw.

You mean the type that can outsmart you? 
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042
White Male Libertarian Bro
June 17, 2015, 03:16:19 AM
The actual quote on bitshares.org was "Better than a Swiss bank account". It was there for a quite a while.

I distinctly remember seeing "Safer than a Swiss Bank" on their site, but it's entirely possible they had "Better than a Swiss bank account" also on their site.  Patrick J Byrne remembers "Safer than a Swiss Bank" also.  Stan is certainly no stranger to the phrase either.

BitShares. 
Safer than a Swiss Bank. 
(Ask me why!)
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042
White Male Libertarian Bro
June 17, 2015, 03:04:33 AM
I am a BTS supporter

I'm not surprised.  You're the calibre of individual they seem to draw.
Activity: 123
Merit: 100
June 17, 2015, 02:58:13 AM
I am scratching my head a little at this.  Why would they wan tto use ripple, a fairly obscure crypto instead of one with a higher market cap such as litecoin or bitcoin?  Maybe Taun is correct and it is just a pump and dump.  If so not a bad time to put a few pennies in I guess, but its easy to get burned if you are not careful.

Ripple has been around since 2004 and if something couldn't take off after 10 years, it probably never will.  It's another MaidSafe, one of those vaporware scams which promises the moon and earth to their investors and then proceeds to live off said investors' money - very lucrative game.

In Ripple's case, if you look back years, you'ld know that they're nothing but serial liars.  Like they made the claim for the longest time of exclusive relationship with 'big banks' but it turns out they were referring to Fidor (which isn't really big big) and Fidor was actually pro-BTC, not pro-Ripple, and today Fidor does nothing with Ripple anymore and instead partnered with Kraken.

For this Australian bank thing, as much Coindesk likes to construe reality, it was probably some 2 hour tech demo to some bored middle manager who has since forgotten about the tech demo.   Cheesy  That doesn't matter though, as the intent is just pump and dump with articles promising the moon and earth and Ripple has been master at this since 2012.

TaunSewer/UtopianFuture calling Ripple a bunch of serial liars? This place never ceases to amaze me! Once again, one of the biggest Cretins in the madhouse throwing rocks from his glass cell. Whats more pathetic... Ripple, or you guys hoping your shitcoins will attract some institutional investor?  Roll Eyes

I can't outsmart you DE? ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THAT? So when someone presents you with irrefutable facts, you still are unable to change your position? If you can't use basic logic to interpret something as elementary as this, then how can you be trusted with other issues such as investing? What is my motivation for arguing with myself?

You pawn yourself off as a Libertarian, in yet you have no concept about the basic tenants of libertarianism. Which makes you ignorant at best, or a hypocrite. Which is it? Whats worse? Someone who makes a grammatical error, or someone who misrepresents himself?

i don't know the full story of bitshares. can someone elaborate? i just know it was rebranded from protoshares right? also a question to why?

honestly they seem to have unique properties in a coin. but it seems they are targeting mainly financial applications that has to do with trading.

everyone keeps saying they are comminist type coin. can some one explain that or why it is not?

The only idiot that says its a communist coin is that NXT shill idiot DecentralisedEconomics. Apparently he does the same thing in the NXT thread.

His own community thinks he's a joke, why would we take him serious?

Says the NEMwit Communist.

NEM? NEM is shit! Oh... you still think I am TaunSewer? Yeah, I can see how you would get confused, especially when I called him a fucking cretin. Let me guess, I had the conversation with myself? Wow! You see conspiracies everywhere! like I said... everybody thinks you are a fuckin idiot, including your own community.

Yeah UtopianFuture/TaunSew, I know you always viewed NEM as a worthless crypto that you only used to scam innocent victims.  I don't care if everybody "thinks" I'm an "idiot". I have the official tests that prove otherwise.

Someone needs some validation? Is that why you are so boisterous? Didn't get enough attention from mommy? Well thousands of people are reading this and I am pretty sure they are thinking two things. Chew N Kok is an asshole, and DecentralisedEconomics is a fuckin joke!

Now for the clincher. I created this account for one reason and one reason only. To go after you! That's right! I am a BTS supporter, and you couldn't put it together. Shocked Think about it? I slag SDC, XC, MONERO, DASH, NXT, NEM, XRP, but never BTS. Does TaunSewer like BTS? No he doesnt, but you being the certified Genius couldn't figure it out?

I have accomplished what I set out to do. To show these folks what a complete imbecile you really are. Stan has never lowered himself to your standards, that was my job!
I am an idiot, but I still outsmarted you. What does that make you?

One last thing... Hey DE, How do you like them apples? Grin
Pages:
Jump to: