Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 1090. (Read 2509934 times)

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188
Don't kid yourself that BC has - or will ever have - anything approaching the network effect that Bitcoin or litecoin do.

On which Law do you refer?

The law that says it's easier to gain "network effect" when there's 2 competitors than when there's 2000.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 2793
Shitcoin Minimalist
So what's this Blackout Wednesday?
Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Don't kid yourself that BC has - or will ever have - anything approaching the network effect that Bitcoin or litecoin do.

On which Law do you refer?
legendary
I mean why Bitcoin had a ton of hype but lost nearly all of it's value once there were equal or better alternatives and it wasn't "new" any more... oh wait a minute...

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
BONUS PAYOUTS 04/07

http://pastebin.com/DybQaFDW

Congratulations to those guys. When is the gfx card and mobo competition date set for? I'm quite enjoying this really.
It kind of makes you want to do something.

It seems like we'll stay above 2 GH/s today. So tomorrow the first Motherboard will be won by... someone random Wink
Activity: 428
Inactivity: 8963
...you never go back.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
what happens when you go black?

You become richer...
Activity: 154
what happens when you go black?
Activity: 168

In less than 24 hours we as a community will introduce the world to BlackCoin, and tomorrow we will make history!!! Yesterday the mere mention of Blackout Wednesday sent a shock wave through the crypto-community and increased BlackCoin value to over 9000!!! What do you think will happen when the rest of the world find out about BlackCoin???

There are some naysayers who claim BlackCoin has peaked. Those are the same naysayers that said BlackCoin peaked at 500 sat, and then they said BlackCoin peaked at 2000 sat, and then again at 7000 sat. They will continue to say BlackCoin has peaked all the way to 990000 sat!!! I do not blame them for their ignorance, they have never witnessed anything like BlackCoin before and they do not know how to react. Our community is only several weeks old and we wield more power and influence than other communities that have been around much longer!!! Now imagine the BlackCoin community in another 3 months!!!

Tomorrow lets finally quiet the critics and put any doubts to rest about BlackCoin. We are here to stay and we will continue to innovate and grow until we are #1.

Once you go black...

Activity: 392
I did exactly the same back then. I could see this coin was going to have a good chance of reaching a fairly high valuation because it was one of the first new POS currencies plus multipool etc, so there was a good basis for speculation.

But it's now 20 times the valuation it was then. We are now in a very different situation - there are few distinguishing features anymore at this price. There's nothing that other coins "don't have" to push it to the kind of heights people are promoting on here. The only road is down, not up, because the one thing that underwrites a coin value more than anything else is **novelty** and that is a battle against time that can only be lost, regardless of what features and promotion may say.

The cryptocurrency world has an unassailed ability to price in any property or event that could possibly favour the coin's value weeks and months in advance. With that in mind you can be fairly confident that anything positive that can happen to this coin in the next 3 months is well priced in by now.

Exactly why Bitcoin is now trading at $0.05/BTC again... oh wait a minute...

I mean why Bitcoin had a ton of hype but lost nearly all of it's value once there were equal or better alternatives and it wasn't "new" any more... oh wait a minute...

I mean why Litecoin - which has arguably none of the advantages of BTC, plus none of the advantages of later scrypt coins which were carbon copies of it - has almost no market cap compared to an 'new' coin released with better features... Or DOGE with absolutely nothing at all going for it other than community and 'cuteness' represented by no market cap either....

You get the idea... (or you're trying really hard not to get it).  Smiley

I'm perfectly fine with the opinion that BC has future services 'baked in' - but if you really think that you're thinking very small.  You don't have to be the most technically advanced, or even the most widely accepted... just being widely held is adequate for a market cap half that of LTC (for argument's sake)... and we're a very, very looooong way from even that.
Activity: 1009
Merit: 261
Another Idea:
Has anyone tried to contact other exchanges that trade fiat money, like kraken, bitstamp or bitcoin.de? I Just dropped them a message and suggest you do the same.

+1 for Kraken. I use them a lot. Their founder is very active and 'visible'. I've also sent them a request to have BC added
legendary
When BC was sitting at 500 satoshi this board was wrapped up with FUD of all sorts. Most of it was childish with a few fud posts being somewhat intelligent. I ignored all that fud and purchase the coin based on the merits of the coin. Purchased about 20k BC at the 500 price then later purchased more as it went up.

I did exactly the same back then. I could see this coin was going to have a good chance of reaching a fairly high valuation because it was one of the first new POS currencies plus multipool etc, so there was a good basis for speculation.

But it's now 20 times the valuation it was then. We are now in a very different situation - there are few distinguishing features anymore at this price. There's nothing that other coins "don't have" to push it to the kind of heights people are promoting on here. The only road is down, not up, because the one thing that underwrites a coin value more than anything else is **novelty** and that is a battle against time that can only be lost, regardless of what features and promotion may say.

The cryptocurrency world has an unassailed ability to price in any property or event that could possibly favour the coin's value weeks and months in advance. With that in mind you can be fairly confident that anything positive that can happen to this coin in the next 3 months is well priced in by now.
Activity: 294
BONUS PAYOUTS 04/07

http://pastebin.com/DybQaFDW

Congratulations to those guys. When is the gfx card and mobo competition date set for? I'm quite enjoying this really.
It kind of makes you want to do something.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
When BC was sitting at 500 satoshi this board was wrapped up with FUD of all sorts. Most of it was childish with a few fud posts being somewhat intelligent. I ignored all that fud and purchase the coin based on the merits of the coin. Purchased about 20k BC at the 500 price then later purchased more as it went up.

There was no hype for BC during those low price days and the coin still went up in value. I think it is because people like me outnumbered the naysayers of doom and gloom. When I see posts today trying to downplay the success of BC as temporary because of whatever reasoning they have I'm reminded how over half the post back then were posts just like that. BC grew when there was no hype, it grew when there was no multi-pool, it grew when there was no media attention, and it will grow with or without you.

I have noticed all the posts of "BC is a scam coin" have stopped. I wonder why that is?

People who said that suck the BC black dick now  Grin
Activity: 210
Well, it'd be really cool to say "i was there when BC went to the moon, see my Porsche?"

If a coin value goes up on hype, it will go down on the absence of hype.

Any attempt at arriving at a rational valuation is futile on these threads because of the amount of empty hysteria that goes on as the valuation rises.

Trolling is one thing but making genuine challenges to the valuation basis and/or enquiries as to the unique properties that might justify a long term investment are another. What I get when I do that (apart from "once you go Black... Roll Eyes ) is:

[1] - it's POS

[2] - it's supported by multi-pools

[3] - it's going to be heavily promoted

That's it. So then I get my calculator out and determine the "hype-free" valuation in 3 months time against a background of this coin being "yesterday's tee-shirt" and it doesn't square with some of the dizzy price tags being conjured up in some posts.

As someone said it already many pages ago "lol at people thinking a coin needs merchants and services to survive the first year". All trading is based on hope, even BTC. It's not essential for our survival, it's not food or water - people buy it on hopes it will go up, in your words that's hysteria and hype, but look at a bigger picture and see that all trading is like that.

Now, if you're not buying or selling, developing stuff to support this coin or discussing said stuff.. why are you here?
Activity: 82
Merit: 10

There was no hype for BC during those low price days and the coin still went up in value. I think it is because people like me outnumbered the naysayers of doom and gloom. When I see posts today trying to downplay the success of BC as temporary because of whatever reasoning they have I'm reminded how over half the post back then were posts just like that. BC grew when there was no hype, it grew when there was no multi-pool, it grew when there was no media attention, and it will grow with or without you.

I have noticed all the posts of "BC is a scam coin" have stopped. I wonder why that is?
Activity: 336
SellALL, BuyBTC
http://poolpicker.eu shows blackcoinpool.com as best payout of them all.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
People on this forum called Bitcoin over valued at $1  Smiley

Haha. Blackcoin beats Mintcoin even when Mintcoin has 50,000 votes paid for by btc  Cheesy
Activity: 476
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
You have seen nothing yet Wink

Actually I have. I've seen this movie more times than I care to mention but don't let me spoil the party.

I do sense wisdom. But this is lord of the flies~!.
Jump to: