Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 1086. (Read 2509934 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Don't kid yourself that BC has - or will ever have - anything approaching the network effect that Bitcoin or litecoin do.

On which Law do you refer?

The law that says it's easier to gain "network effect" when there's 2 competitors than when there's 2000.

I don't see 2000. The only "competitors" I see are the 18 positions ahead of us on coinmarketcap.com (including NXT). That's all.

Really folks. A quick look at history will show that ALL of the many car manufacturers after Ford, General Motors, and Chrysler just couldn't survive. The Big three had all the 'network effect' and nobody other than them could make and sell a new car. I read that the Japanese tried, but they failed miserably. Take a look outside today and you will not see a single Japanese car. Anywhere. Even in Japan. The Germans had a couple good ideas too, but they all failed. In fact (thank god) the main reason they lost the war was that they couldn't make cars well enough, or sell them to anyone.
Wink

Very nice analogy. Love it  Smiley
edit: and Koreans failed as well.

Yeah you're right about those Koreans. They tried and failed with cars, and then they tried to make cell phones instead, but nobody bought those either. Really, after Motorola and Nokia...there just was no possibility.

So for you KIA is a faillure? LOL they have a very big market in Europe and the only ones offering 7 years warranty
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
NXT doesn't really draw my interest. BC can bump both out of the way fast

If I could find a grain of logic in that statement I'd actually consider ploughing some more money into BC.

NXT is a 2nd generation crypto. It's Blackcoin on steroids. There actually exist solid business reasons for buying NXT other than using it as a currency or speculation. Saying that BC can "Bump" it out of the way belies about as much understanding of this market as a road sweeper does of civil engineering.

No one in their right mind would dump NXT for Blackcoin because even if it doesn't succeed as a currency, there are a ton of other viable business models for it.

I read your posts and you always make valid points. However, in this case you are not taking into account the "hype" or "marketing" factor. I am not going to debate which coin is better than the other, that is a waste of keystrokes. The crypto-wars are not going to be decided by features, they will be decided by which dev team can market better. The iPad and the iPhone are not nearly as good as various products being released right now. However, sales are still strong because of the "hype" factor.

You can't discount the fact BC went from 500 to 9000 in less than 2 months with very little hype or marketing. Once the marketing ramps up I agree with others many coins will get knocked out of the way.
Activity: 493
Merit: 500
Yet a coin after a dog has a community of over 100,000 members? Hmmm.....
Who is your target audience, businesses or those investing in a coin based on an internet meme?
Activity: 126
PPC has been around forever (crypto time) and it is a dying coin. NXT doesn't really draw my interest. BC can bump both out of the way fast. This coin will rise faster than anyone can believe... wait and see!

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

If I could find a grain of logic in that statement I'd actually consider ploughing some more money into BC.

NXT is a 2nd generation crypto. It's Blackcoin on steroids. There actually exist solid business reasons for buying NXT other than using it as a currency or speculation. Saying that BC can "Bump" it out of the way belies about as much understanding of this market as a road sweeper does of civil engineering.

No one in their right mind would dump NXT for Blackcoin because even if it doesn't succeed as a currency, there are a ton of other viable business models for it.

Blackcoin.
Activity: 266
Activity: 364
BlackCoin is working it's way up to mid-9,500 area before Blackout Wednesday.

When those press releases hit tomorrow, sub 10k might be a distant memory Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

Unless you're trying to sell rap albums, this kind of marketing is not going to be adopted by any business.

I don't particularly like NXT, but NXT or PPC will bury this coin from superior marketing alone.

I do not know what part of the world you live in, but here in the United States anyone with more than a day of marketing experience would laugh at your comment. Fortune 500 companies would and have used that kind of marketing. I can point you to thousands of print ads and commercials that capitalize on "ethnicity". Where have been been the past two decades?
Activity: 364
Let's go to 1000000 satoshi nothing can resist to BC

Whoa Smiley A huge price you are suggesting - I wish it will be even higher but it is not really possible.
How is that not possible? A price of .01 BTC is easily achievable in a year or two. Although it may be a long shot, if the BlackCoin community continues to produce such innovative ideas, we may see the price of BC surpass BTC in our lifetime.

That is only possible if BC has like 5 times the marketcap of BTC because of the amount of coins in circulation.

True...but it is possible. We are basing everything on the current landscape. What happens when more people find out about crypto-currencies? Also, all it takes is one or two significant events to make the value go through the roof.

For BC to hit that value a few things will have to happen.

1.) A few well known merchants will have to accept BC.
2.) We will have to conitnue to get the attention of the mainstream media.
3.) The devs will have to remain active and keep innovating.
4.) The community will have to continue to grow at a consistent rate.

Eventually there will be a coin that will knock BTC off the #1 spot, it is inevitable. So why can't it be BC?

My feelings exactly. Bitcoin cannot be used for micro transactions, its too slow, so it may survive as a banks "crypto" currency, but for the general public, something like BlackCoin is perfect. Some coin has to take this slot, and BlackCoin checks all the boxes for me Smiley
Activity: 476

Don't kid yourself that BC has - or will ever have - anything approaching the network effect that Bitcoin or litecoin do.

Unless you're trying to sell rap albums, this kind of marketing is not going to be adopted by any business.

I don't particularly like NXT, but NXT or PPC will bury this coin from superior marketing alone.

Yet a coin after a dog has a community of over 100,000 members? Hmmm.....
Activity: 854
Merit: 506
PPC has been around forever (crypto time) and it is a dying coin. NXT doesn't really draw my interest. BC can bump both out of the way fast. This coin will rise faster than anyone can believe... wait and see!
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

We are @ over 2GH/s scrypt on http://blackcoinpool.com and 18TH/s SHA256
 Smiley

Nice... glad my 22 MH/s helped.

@PeterPalmBeach - you are in my county?  Shocked
@KryptoKings Palm Beach County

Insurance Designers on Parker Ave accepts Bitcoin and hopefully one day Blackcoin for insurance payments  Wink . The owner of the place is a huge BC fan.

@KryptoKings; is that like next to Publix? I might stop by then one day  Wink
Yes. Ask for Joe. Tell him he needs to accept Blackcoin next. I'm sure he will tell you he is keeping a close eye on BC. He will probably see this in the forums... lol

Whoa Smiley A huge price you are suggesting - I wish it will be even higher but it is not really possible.
How is that not possible? A price of .01 BTC is easily achievable in a year or two. Although it may be a long shot, if the BlackCoin community continues to produce such innovative ideas, we may see the price of BC surpass BTC in our lifetime.

That is only possible if BC has like 5 times the marketcap of BTC because of the amount of coins in circulation.

True...but it is possible. We are basing everything on the current landscape. What happens when more people find out about crypto-currencies? Also, all it takes is one or two significant events to make the value go through the roof.

Eventually there will be a coin that will knock BTC off the #1 spot, it is inevitable. So why can't it be BC?

5.) A celebrity wearing a blackcoin t-shirt?

Maybe???

Smiley The press release is just the tip of the iceberg. Over the next few weeks and month BC will be all over the place.

Awesome. Excited.
Activity: 336
SellALL, BuyBTC
 Smiley

Insurance Designers on Parker Ave accepts Bitcoin and hopefully one day Blackcoin for insurance payments  Wink . The owner of the place is a huge BC fan.

@KryptoKings; is that like next to Publix? I might stop by then one day  Wink What a small world !

Maybe???

Smiley The press release is just the tip of the iceberg. Over the next few weeks and month BC will be all over the place.

Maybe???
 Smiley

Insurance Designers on Parker Ave accepts Bitcoin and hopefully one day Blackcoin for insurance payments  Wink . The owner of the place is a huge BC fan.
Jump to: