Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 1108. (Read 2509934 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Why don't we implement a community "SHITCOIN DUMPSTER", where you can throw all your useless, going-nowhere crypto and be paid for them in BC, minus a 20% donation to BC Foundation or multipool bonuses? I'd love to clear out my shitcoin closet, get a few more BC, and support the cause. That's killing 3 birds with one stone!
I think that could be a good idea!
Not sure if i have anytime to code something up for it, but i wouldn't mind doing it manually?
Could sort a page out on the blackcoin site, I dont mind helping if i can Smiley.

Ski92 - If you want to jump on this, it's up for grabs. Spring cleaning! Sell your junk! Get paid decently and support Blackcoin!
Ok ill try and sort something out Smiley
My coding is a bit rusty I'm an engineer by day!

Fantastic. I can't wait to jettison a bunch of lotto, coino, and god knows what other shit I have lying around.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 508
Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023
What's the most profitable x11 right now ?

darkcoin ? hiro ?
every coin now script or x11 almost uprofitable(if you mine with gpys) ..with script you maybe get 20-30% more but use 50% more power electisitu..i and of course much more heat,noice and stress on hardware..I mine HVC with 7*280x and for 10 days of mining with this price is just 0.15 BTC ..but i dont sold it..i will hold HVC even i thing it has 2 much inflation.. but every btc i earn until now  i have buy BC ..is that smart move or not time will tell
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Why don't we implement a community "SHITCOIN DUMPSTER", where you can throw all your useless, going-nowhere crypto and be paid for them in BC, minus a 20% donation to BC Foundation or multipool bonuses? I'd love to clear out my shitcoin closet, get a few more BC, and support the cause. That's killing 3 birds with one stone!
Not sure if i have anytime to code something up for it, but i wouldn't mind doing it manually?
Could sort a page out on the blackcoin site, I dont mind helping if i can Smiley.

Ski92 - If you want to jump on this, it's up for grabs. Spring cleaning! Sell your junk! Get paid decently and support Blackcoin!
Ok ill try and sort something out Smiley
My coding is a bit rusty I'm an engineer by day!
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
In other MintPal News:

11.7 BTC worth of BC bought in the last 10 minutes returning to 7800 sats! Nice going!
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Any reason why my wallet won't download the blockchain? I have the newest wallet downloaded a few hours ago but it won't download without getting stuck.
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
It's a great idea, though really aren't you coding an exchange for blackcoin buying essentially.

Why the FUCK are you all "mining" this coins?!?! It's much more profitable to mine almost any other shitcoin and then buy BC for them.

Because the pool is a community project - it's not perfect, it's a work in progress, yes - but is already competing with profits of other profit-switching pools, and most importantly - the *perception* of the pool as a force of the community is its most powerful feature. Once merged mining gets implemented, which is actively being worked on now, it will kick up profitability so the haters calm down - but until then, and beyond that reason, if you're LONG on BlackCoin, supporting the pool is supporting your long play. You shouldn't even be mining on the BlackCoin pool if your goal is to get a BTC profit each day, you should be mining BC and holding those coins in a wallet and staking them. People underestimate the social aspect of success for new coins, if you ask people why Doge is successful the overwhelming response is "strong community" - regardless of the reality, the perception inside and outside of DogeCoin is that it is a strong community. Supporting the pool and banding together is one strategy being employed to foster that sort of community growth, and most importantly the projection of BlackCoin's community to curious onlookers is a primary force in attracting new investors, developers, and support.

Mining on blackcoinpool.com is a *social* investment as much as an economic one. If you do not share this mindset, that's fine, you "buying more BC" with your better profits elsewhere helps the cause, too - but it is clear that this mindset is more focused on Bitcoin than BlackCoin. The pool is for people who realize debates between prices at 7k or 9k satoshi are completely irrelevant and even laughable come 2015. This is more than a coin, it is a movement. The pool is one arm of the machine. It is more than a place to mine, it is a rallying point for the community, as evidenced by #blackcoinpool being the de facto IRC channel for BlackCoin discussion and support.

Bet on Black.

+1 very well-put! And I would like to also underscore the following: the pool is actually a selling-point to any new money out there that is looking at the crypto world for strong candidates. The mere fact of the pool alone, plus its already impressive size/level of participation, makes a powerful statement.
Why the FUCK are you all "mining" this coins?!?! It's much more profitable to mine almost any other shitcoin and then buy BC for them.

Because the pool is a community project - it's not perfect, it's a work in progress, yes - but is already competing with profits of other profit-switching pools, and most importantly - the *perception* of the pool as a force of the community is its most powerful feature. Once merged mining gets implemented, which is actively being worked on now, it will kick up profitability so the haters calm down - but until then, and beyond that reason, if you're LONG on BlackCoin, supporting the pool is supporting your long play. You shouldn't even be mining on the BlackCoin pool if your goal is to get a BTC profit each day, you should be mining BC and holding those coins in a wallet and staking them. People underestimate the social aspect of success for new coins, if you ask people why Doge is successful the overwhelming response is "strong community" - regardless of the reality, the perception inside and outside of DogeCoin is that it is a strong community. Supporting the pool and banding together is one strategy being employed to foster that sort of community growth, and most importantly the projection of BlackCoin's community to curious onlookers is a primary force in attracting new investors, developers, and support.

Mining on blackcoinpool.com is a *social* investment as much as an economic one. If you do not share this mindset, that's fine, you "buying more BC" with your better profits elsewhere helps the cause, too - but it is clear that this mindset is more focused on Bitcoin than BlackCoin. The pool is for people who realize debates between prices at 7k or 9k satoshi are completely irrelevant and even laughable come 2015. This is more than a coin, it is a movement. The pool is one arm of the machine. It is more than a place to mine, it is a rallying point for the community, as evidenced by #blackcoinpool being the de facto IRC channel for blackcoin discussion and support.

Bet on Black.

Sorry if my technical understanding isn't very good. But I thought the multipool is doing exactly that? "Mining any other shitcoin and then buy BC for them."?
Activity: 490
"Expected time to earn reward is 526 days"  Embarrassed

mine whas 152 days
10 minutes later it was 32 days
I only have 12 BC. That may be why.
Activity: 364
Merit: 301

mine whas 152 days
10 minutes later it was 32 days
Activity: 490
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
explane to me....

the multipool is out his beta status last friday.
blackfriday is started...but i don''t see any pump off the price yesterday and today.
How is this possible?

Because it happened on Thursday. Think about that. There was the possibility it would go higher on Fri, but buyers felt the price was too high to buy more. Multipool complaints too. But generally wasn't enough buy pressure. But BC isn't done yet. Far from it. I predict plenty of excitement this month.
Activity: 364
Merit: 301
explane to me....

the multipool is out his beta status last friday.
blackfriday is started...but i don''t see any pump off the price yesterday and today.
How is this possible?
Activity: 308

darkcoin ? hiro ?

They both are kinda crap to mine right now.
just want to say, i am a MINT investor(small time player) and have been from the start. ive never bashed BC

after researching BC I have bought 4000 BC(it's not much i know) and holding. im tired of all the new coins and trying to find the next BTC(trading wise)

you guys are going to the next level. in my opinion you have the potental to be #2

LITECOIN will always be here but looks stale.

good luck guys. just because i have a few million MINT doesnt mean i can be a fan of BC too Cool

Right On! But why not #1? Or do you mean at least #2?

Also the last 14 hours looks very strong for BC. Good volume and stable price.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

darkcoin ? hiro ?
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
a x11 multipool would attract a lot of miners, its getting hot outside so there is no doubt about that? cant be that hard to implement?

Yeah I really don't think it would be that hard. especially given the competence of our devs.

By my assessment, the devs did a good job putting together the profit switchers for sha and scrypt, and if they all sat down with a pot of coffee and a drawing board they could put an X11 switcher together in less than 8 hours.

If my assessment of how many miners adding X11 would bring is correct, it would be significantly worth the time of the devs to do it.

Furthermore, it would be the first X11  profit switcher ever made, and if that innovation was tied to blackcoin, It would help us a lot.

Don't even get me started on what would happen if we added an Nscrypt switcher as well...

I think it is safe to say if we add switchers for these 2 algorithms it could increase the pools volume by around 30%. I personally would point my 13 mh/s indefinitely. It is no secret that the profitability/feasibility of scrypt is dwindling and the heat of the summer will only make it worse. Miners will be left with 3 choices: Sell equipment, continue to mine scrypt at a loss, or switch to a different coin. Most will sell their equipment, but a lot of people, like myself, would rather hold onto it and look for other opportunities. X11 and Nscrypt are the opportunities, and we MUST cater to the folks who are willing to remain in the game.

Devs?

This.  I will have to mine X11 in the summer no matter what so it would be good if I could make some money doing it Smiley

Developers, please do this, those of us with GPU's the weather is changing, and we don't wanna kill them in summer heat. Grid seeds can take care of script, we need X11 for our GPU's.
Activity: 294
a x11 multipool would attract a lot of miners, its getting hot outside so there is no doubt about that? cant be that hard to implement?

Yeah I really don't think it would be that hard. especially given the competence of our devs.

By my assessment, the devs did a good job putting together the profit switchers for sha and scrypt, and if they all sat down with a pot of coffee and a drawing board they could put an X11 switcher together in less than 8 hours.

If my assessment of how many miners adding X11 would bring is correct, it would be significantly worth the time of the devs to do it.

Furthermore, it would be the first X11  profit switcher ever made, and if that innovation was tied to blackcoin, It would help us a lot.

Don't even get me started on what would happen if we added an Nscrypt switcher as well...

I think it is safe to say if we add switchers for these 2 algorithms it could increase the pools volume by around 30%. I personally would point my 13 mh/s indefinitely. It is no secret that the profitability/feasibility of scrypt is dwindling and the heat of the summer will only make it worse. Miners will be left with 3 choices: Sell equipment, continue to mine scrypt at a loss, or switch to a different coin. Most will sell their equipment, but a lot of people, like myself, would rather hold onto it and look for other opportunities. X11 and Nscrypt are the opportunities, and we MUST cater to the folks who are willing to remain in the game.

Devs?

This.  I will have to mine X11 in the summer no matter what so it would be good if I could make some money doing it Smiley

Exactly. Currently X11 seems a little bit less profitable than scrypt but I think many miners forget to account for the cost to remove heat from the room.

Right now, we are all calculating our electrical consumption based on what the RIG consumes from the wall, but we are failing to account for the extra cost of REMOVING that heat from the room. Most scrypt miners are not making the profit they think they are, and Coinwarz doesn't account for this extra cost...

In the winter, we were using the heat from our rigs to heat our houses/rooms etc. and it was a win win, and we were saving money from not running the AC but at this time, if my calculations are correct, I AM SPENDING MORE ON ELECTRICITY TO REMOVE THE HEAT GENERATED BY MY RIGS THAN I AM SPENDING TO RUN THE RIGS THEMSELVES. it is a real kick in the teeth. Once the other miners start to realize how undesirable this situation is, pretty much all of the dudes who don't sell their rigs will switch to X11. Nscrypt is good, but it uses the same amount of energy as scrypt and generates the same amount of heat pretty much, in my experience atleast.

Jump to: