Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 1290. (Read 2509934 times)

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
Can someone explain to me about the P2P pools.

I understand you need over 1Mh/s to make it worthwhile.

I switched from blackcoinpool to cryptoalts. I have 2.1Mh/s but was getting between 25 to 40% dead rate. Does the Mh/s have to be on each card or total combined for the miner?

I had a few disconnects for some time on each one also so I switched to another coin until I get home from work. Just can't take a chance of not mining any coin for the next 12 hours. I know about fail over bats, just couldn't take a chance with both pools working sporadically.

I have that total of 2.1Mh/s from 6 different cards. Also the cryptoalts takes a long time for me to find a share whereas blackcoinpool comes fast. I know they are mining different things and the difficulty are different on each pool.

Last thing is there an easy way to see what cryptoalts is mining?

Thanks.

It's a per rig deal. And unfortunately due to hash rate now being as high as 150-180 MH/s, you probably want 1.5-2 MH/s on a single rig to make it worth while. Right now pool DOA is pretty high as well (18-20%) because of all the connections coming from various places around the world (we actually now match the DOGE P2Pool DOA rate as an whole). This "stress test" shows essentially why I will be setting up more of these P2Pool nodes in other countries. Doing so will help the following two issues.

1) Needing so much hash power to have a decent acceptance rate on the pool (the more hash the node hash, the more hash you need)
2) Distance causing DOA rate issues as well

Even one of my own rigs that is mining at 700 kH/s is starting to have issues, so yes, more nodes in the future for better rates. If you have high DOA rates and your stats output just isn't what you're expecting, I suggest just mining elsewhere for now. I wasn't expecting the surge up to 200 MH/s today, but it's good to have an idea of what is ideal for one of these P2Pool nodes, and it seems like ~5-100MH/s and nearby works best. Last night when the pool was around 30 MH/s the total DOA rate was hovering at 6-7%. In the future you'll see stuff like "uswest.cryptoalts.com, useast.cryptoalts.com, eu.cryptoalts.com, ru.cryptoalts.com, aus.cryptoalts.com" and etc. Then as a failover you can choose the one closest to you and get the best rates possible. Plus the hash rate per node won't be so high, requiring less on your end as well.

I already have some volunteer P2P node operators in other countries. I just need to figure out an issue of why the automated script payout gets a 500 error to the wallet 75% of the time about halfway through the payouts (then requiring manual processing). Then once that is solved, more nodes can start being deployed.

Thanks for the explanation.

I have a better understanding of the workings of P2P now.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
SellALL, BuyBTC
any prediction on price within the next 6-12 months?

1 USD
edit: if all goes well
legendary
Activity: 1148
any prediction on price within the next 6-12 months?
Activity: 644
Merit: 500

I switched from blackcoinpool to cryptoalts. I have 2.1Mh/s but was getting between 25 to 40% dead rate. Does the Mh/s have to be on each card or total combined for the miner?

I had a few disconnects for some time on each one also so I switched to another coin until I get home from work. Just can't take a chance of not mining any coin for the next 12 hours. I know about fail over bats, just couldn't take a chance with both pools working sporadically.

I have that total of 2.1Mh/s from 6 different cards. Also the cryptoalts takes a long time for me to find a share whereas blackcoinpool comes fast. I know they are mining different things and the difficulty are different on each pool.

Thanks.

It's a per rig deal. And unfortunately due to hash rate now being as high as 150-180 MH/s, you probably want 1.5-2 MH/s on a single rig to make it worth while. Right now pool DOA is pretty high as well (18-20%) because of all the connections coming from various places around the world (we actually now match the DOGE P2Pool DOA rate as an whole). This "stress test" shows essentially why I will be setting up more of these P2Pool nodes in other countries. Doing so will help the following two issues.

1) Needing so much hash power to have a decent acceptance rate on the pool (the more hash the node hash, the more hash you need)
2) Distance causing DOA rate issues as well

Even one of my own rigs that is mining at 700 kH/s is starting to have issues, so yes, more nodes in the future for better rates. If you have high DOA rates and your stats output just isn't what you're expecting, I suggest just mining elsewhere for now. I wasn't expecting the surge up to 200 MH/s today, but it's good to have an idea of what is ideal for one of these P2Pool nodes, and it seems like ~5-100MH/s and nearby works best. Last night when the pool was around 30 MH/s the total DOA rate was hovering at 6-7%. In the future you'll see stuff like "uswest.cryptoalts.com, useast.cryptoalts.com, eu.cryptoalts.com, ru.cryptoalts.com, aus.cryptoalts.com" and etc. Then as a failover you can choose the one closest to you and get the best rates possible. Plus the hash rate per node won't be so high, requiring less on your end as well.

I already have some volunteer P2P node operators in other countries. I just need to figure out an issue of why the automated script payout gets a 500 error to the wallet 75% of the time about halfway through the payouts (then requiring manual processing). Then once that is solved, more nodes can start being deployed.
Activity: 336
CS Student - BC Logo Guy
WTF is happening with cryptorush?  Some guy had 2 BTC worth for sell at 6000 sat and now its down for maintenance?

I think they have a DDOS thing going on.
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
Lol. I just sold my handgun to buy blackcoins. Heh heh

They are sod all use against hackers anyway. Having a handgun is like an extreme form of shouting at the tv by keeping your loot on a pc. All you can do is blow a massive hole in your monitor in frustration if it happens.
Activity: 1778
Merit: 520
will the price go back to 0.08 or was that a misprint?

big misprint but that would be nice  Grin
Activity: 479
will someone please explain the this coin to me? no premine I got that... PoS i get too... I guess where I am confused is where coins come from.. as I understand that there is no cap to the amount of coins that will exist in future years according to the FAQ

as far as I know, there is no more mining.  They're just redistributed.  I have 3k+ coins.  I won't get any more unless I buy low and sell high.  Same for everybody else.  

this here's what I am referring to:
How many coins will there be?

There is no fixed amount.

up until I read that, you and I were on the same page.

Anybody else have any idea under what circumstances would new coins be created?

He means that there will be 1% proof of stake for the lifetime of the coin, which means there is no set amount of coins that can be created. So in about 75 years the total count of this coin will be double what it is now. 150 years after that it will double again etc.

However this does not take into account destroyed coins or compounding interest.  

Thanks... just needed to clarify that because it also suggests that the minting reward could be paid wit transaction fees
legendary
Activity: 1148
will the price go back to 0.08 or was that a misprint?
Activity: 1078
Merit: 507
no more pools available?? should i setup p2pool??
legendary
Activity: 1400

Thanks.
Activity: 476
moOo
will someone please explain the this coin to me? no premine I got that... PoS i get too... I guess where I am confused is where coins come from.. as I understand that there is no cap to the amount of coins that will exist in future years according to the FAQ

as far as I know, there is no more mining.  They're just redistributed.  I have 3k+ coins.  I won't get any more unless I buy low and sell high.  Same for everybody else.  

New coins are created by POS at a rate of 1% annually

they are "minted" by holding coins in your wallet.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 265
Pepemo.vip

He means that there will be 1% proof of stake for the lifetime of the coin, which means there is no set amount of coins that can be created. So in about 75 years the total count of this coin will be double what it is now. 150 years after that it will double again etc.

However this does not take into account destroyed coins or compounding interest.  
Activity: 238

New coins are created by POS at a rate of 1% annually
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 2419
Merit: 1638

Hey guys, remember that you can trade your BlackCoins @ https://www.cryptoaltex.com/index.php?page=trade&market=4

Smiley
isnt something off or are my dislexia eyes seeing something I shouldnt

on cryptoalex :

Sell Orders
Price Per (BTC)   BC   Total (BTC)
0.00011890   143.00000000   0.01700270
0.00011999   99.90000000   0.01198700
0.00012000   10147.22497688   1.21766699
0.00020000   500.00000000   0.10000000

on mintpal

Sell Orders

PRICE (BTC)   BC   BTC
0.00007459   1.00000000   0.00007459
0.00007460   1.00000000   0.00007460
0.00007461   1.00000000   0.00007461
0.00007462   1.00000000   0.00007462
0.00007463   167.71042366   0.01251623

Looks like chancers to me Smiley

Would like to be selling BC at those prices right now Wink
Activity: 308

Hey guys, remember that you can trade your BlackCoins @ https://www.cryptoaltex.com/index.php?page=trade&market=4

Smiley
isnt something off or are my dislexia eyes seeing something I shouldnt

on cryptoalex :

Sell Orders
Price Per (BTC)   BC   Total (BTC)
0.00011890   143.00000000   0.01700270
0.00011999   99.90000000   0.01198700
0.00012000   10147.22497688   1.21766699
0.00020000   500.00000000   0.10000000

on mintpal

Sell Orders

PRICE (BTC)   BC   BTC
0.00007459   1.00000000   0.00007459
0.00007460   1.00000000   0.00007460
0.00007461   1.00000000   0.00007461
0.00007462   1.00000000   0.00007462
0.00007463   167.71042366   0.01251623
Activity: 479

Activity: 257
WTF is happening with cryptorush?  Some guy had 2 BTC worth for sell at 6000 sat and now its down for maintenance?
Activity: 168

Smiley
Jump to: