Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 1294. (Read 2509934 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
blackcoinminer.com or blackcoinpool.com

suggestions?  I was using blackcoinpool but it's down now.  blackcoinminer.com any good?

Hi lacross.

We (blackcoinminer) are still closed until the mid week.. working on upgrades.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
8000 again  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

This is the kind of coin the even if it gets flash crashed hard, it's going to recover. I mean think about it - the miners actually create buy pressure on the coin. Every single other coin out there is the exact opposite in that sense!
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Run linux wallet in terminal, I get

blackcoin-qt: undefined symbol: _ZNK18QAbstractListModel5flagsERK11QModelIndex
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
I just don't understand why the prices stalled whilst http://blackcoinminer.com/ is still opened.
Activity: 112
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
As long as you know the risks and the amount of time involved it takes running the exchange then you should go for it! I am sure the community would support you, I know I would. BC would benefit greatly from a dedicated exchange that allow BC to be traded against other currencies.
And if you open shares, I might step in too!
Activity: 182
Can someone confirm the new linux wallet QT works ?
I called 6k for last weekend and 15k in 7 days last Saturday

The 15k might be too conservative

Yes Master !!!

I say it again ... This coin is resilient. It has nothing to do with the majority of P&D scam coins out there.
Activity: 560
Some help about minting please.

I have my wallet open. I have entered the command "walletpassphrase 999999 true". The little padlock icon is open and the pop-up note says "Wallet is encrypted and currently unlocked". When I move the cursor over the green up-arrow icon the pop-up reads "Staking. Your weight is 16447. Network weight is 18115819. Expected time to earn reward is 18 hours."

Does this mean I need to leave my wallet unlocked for 18 hours to get the coins?

Read the FAQ:

http://www.blackcoin.co/faq/

I don't see my question answered in the FAQ. The closest I see is "This could happen, PoS kinda works like a lottery and not everyone will receive their interest every 8 hours. You WILL receive your 1% on a yearly basis, it just may take a little while." If this is true why bother to have the pop-up stating an expected time?

Activity: 168
The feedback is helpful. Thank you.

My Have a BS in computer science and recently completed a Masters. I understand the risks involved, I have been building this code for over a year. This isn't a patch job, it is something I have been working on a long time and was planning to open an Alt-coin exchange but I think this might be more interesting.

I would like to find a mining pool to partner with from the beginning but it might be easier to start my own at least to start.

As long as you know the risks and the amount of time involved it takes running the exchange then you should go for it! I am sure the community would support you, I know I would. BC would benefit greatly from a dedicated exchange that allow BC to be traded against other currencies.
Activity: 479
Merit: 250
yea i dont see this ending soon...
Activity: 1414
Merit: 265
Pepemo.vip
I called 6k for last weekend and 15k in 7 days last Saturday

The 15k might be too conservative
Fight at 7k-7.5k range !!! This is better than a movie. Sitting back and enjoying the show !!!

Don't forget that it opened today at ~5.4k.
Activity: 336
SellALL, BuyBTC
If it goes like that we might hit 2000 BTC 24 hour volume on MintPal.. Wink
Activity: 644
blackcoinminer.com or blackcoinpool.com

suggestions?  I was using blackcoinpool but it's down now.  blackcoinminer.com any good?

ya it's good but the hashrate might take down the node, the pools in new uncharted waters atm Smiley

My pool below seems to be handling 150 MH/s but as Zackgeno96 mentioned, this is now turning into a stress test for the failovers.  Smiley

At least I should get a good idea of what kind of setup and bandwidth will be required in the BC P2Pool expansion project. To those mining this failover, please be sure to set a failover of the failover. Tongue
Activity: 308
omg from 9000 to -6000 all the sudden

Destination is 3000 satoshi???   Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I dont mind, if it does, I can buy double the amount of BC  Grin
Activity: 70
omg from 9000 to -6000 all the sudden

Destination is 3000 satoshi???   Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
BTC why U so slowwww such nice buy price and my BTC still not there  Cry
Activity: 168
Some help about minting please.

I have my wallet open. I have entered the command "walletpassphrase 999999 true". The little padlock icon is open and the pop-up note says "Wallet is encrypted and currently unlocked". When I move the cursor over the green up-arrow icon the pop-up reads "Staking. Your weight is 16447. Network weight is 18115819. Expected time to earn reward is 18 hours."

Does this mean I need to leave my wallet unlocked for 18 hours to get the coins?

Why is he/she a liar or a moron? I just jumped in and bought 2000 more BC, and if the price drops to 6000 sat I will buy another 4000 BC. Anyone that really know about AltCoins know this coin will be worth $5-$8 before the end of the year. So I just spent roughly $100 USD on 2000 BC and in about 9 months those 2000 BC will probably be worth $10,000.
thrasher.
I have a lot of the code finished, and have been writing test code for it. If there is enough interest I might be able to start with a few currencies to test the waters. Otherwise I could always hold back and create complementary mining pool software go alongside it.

There will definitely be interest. However, I must point out the obvious. Starting an exchange is a huge undertaking, the security issues alone is a nightmare. I have been a software engineer for over 10 years and I have worked on everything you can imagine, and I would be very hesitant to create an exchange because of the numerous headaches. But I do believe something like this would take BC to the next level. People would look at BC totally different if it was traded against other AltCoins.

Another option is to convince one of the established exchanges to implement this.

The feedback is helpful. Thank you.

My Have a BS in computer science and recently completed a Masters. I understand the risks involved, I have been building this code for over a year. This isn't a patch job, it is something I have been working on a long time and was planning to open an Alt-coin exchange but I think this might be more interesting.

I would like to find a mining pool to partner with from the beginning but it might be easier to start my own at least to start.
Jump to: