Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 1323. (Read 2509934 times)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Someone got a wrong date over block 37845:
37846   2014-03-23 15:19:09   2   264.81134073   0.035   74486675.94244278   7.37339   27.3883   70.0981%
37845   2014-03-23 16:18:55   3   11539.76704154   0.288   74486675.78068721   7.41498   27.4298   69.98%
37844   2014-03-23 15:18:15   3   42255.22281772   0.272   74486675.57794516   7.37295   27.3877   70.0991%
37843   2014-03-23 15:17:43   3   1006.66005726   0.27   74486669.79104896   7.37544   27.3873   70.0886%

Now what? wait until then?
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001
Hi have some blackcoins which are more than 8 hours old and I did not receive any new blackcoin now. Could you explain why? I'm using the latest version of the wallet on Manjaro Linux. If that may help, I have this message when launching with the terminal
"Qt Warning - invalid keysym: dead_actute"
(the wallet still opens, though).

Also, I did not encrypt my wallet.

Thanks

it randomly picks bc,s that get the stake so 1% of 1/365th of all blackcoins that are stakable get staked every day
legendary
but 12k is a good start for those that arent trying to double up on BC's along the way....
Ill probably sell 25% of my holdings around there, and continue to sell 25% more every time it doubles
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Hi have some blackcoins which are more than 8 hours old and I did not receive any new blackcoin now. Could you explain why? I'm using the latest version of the wallet on Manjaro Linux. If that may help, I have this message when launching with the terminal
"Qt Warning - invalid keysym: dead_actute"
(the wallet still opens, though).

Also, I did not encrypt my wallet.

Thanks
legendary
How high you guys think bc will go in the coming weeks? I stupidly cashed out in the low 3000s after buying in high 2000s, up to now just seemed like another pump/dump.

Market cap is still really low only 2 million.
That could be easily quadruppeled.

Looks like there are bearely any big walls after 5k atm.

if the multipools get around 300 gh running we will see a 99cent/BC before it truly stabalizes where 10% of all BC's are still traded daily.
of course this doesnt take into account the cascade of other buyers that will probably quadruple this effect if not more.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
How high you guys think bc will go in the coming weeks? I stupidly cashed out in the low 3000s after buying in high 2000s, up to now just seemed like another pump/dump.

Market cap is still really low only 2 million.
That could be easily quadruppeled.

Looks like there are bearely any big walls after 5k atm.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
couple of walls at 5k
I bought some more last nite at 4300, will probably keep buying bits and pieces.
Activity: 452
Merit: 250
I don't understand the weight and days to earn reward. Does anyone have a "explain it to me like I'm 5" guide or link?
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
So what is the deal with the multipool? was that just an experiment or are they planning on doing it long term?

Very long term with every cool protocol available eventually. Expect us to add SHA256, Scrypt-N etc. etc.
I hope you add some "summer GPU algo" those that are keeping cool and quiet GPU's
Activity: 1009
Merit: 261

Could we break 5000 satoshi for the first time today!!?  Shocked

Up until very recently there didn't seem to be that many large sell orders around the 5000 mark, looked like we may sail through when that moment arrived, but some bigger figures being posted now ...
Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Could we break 5000 satoshi for the first time today!!?  Shocked
Activity: 476
So what is the deal with the multipool? was that just an experiment or are they planning on doing it long term?

Very long term with every cool protocol available eventually. Expect us to add SHA256, Scrypt-N etc. etc.

Long term, in a serious capacity, see http://pastebin.com/EiZdVAYP
legendary
Activity: 1414
Activity: 266
To the community:

The following commentary is not so much for you, as you already know and understand the points it makes. It is something for the general education of the populace outside crypto, so please feel free to pass it along via blogs or other social media:

A few thoughts on Digital Currency:
Perhaps some of you heard about Warren Buffett's recent dismissal of Bitcoin as 'a mirage'. Funny, my first reaction to that was that he's just too old to understand what it is and what it may imply for the future of money. Now I'm pondering whether he actually had to reject it, vehemently, because of the extent to which he feels threatened by it. Most people, himself included, are very invested in the illusion of the dollar and/or their own respective government-backed currencies. The more people there are who understand what Bitcoin is, the more that illusion frays at the edges and begins to come undone.

I've been reading up a little on Gresham's law. Fascinating stuff. Sir Thomas Gresham was a sixteenth-century financial agent of the English Crown. The 'law' had been formulated a generation earlier by Copernicus, in a treatise called Monetae Cudendae Ratio. This is the crux of it: "bad (debased) coinage drives good (un-debased) coinage out of circulation." Gresham used this to explain to the Queen (Elizabeth 1) the reason for the miserable state into which the English shilling had fallen. To quote a historian whose name I didn't happen to note down:

"The statement was part of Gresham's explanation for the "unexampled state of badness" England's coinage had been left in following the "Great Debasements" of Henry VIII and Edward VI, which reduced the metallic value of English silver coins to a small fraction of what it had been at the time of Henry VII. It was owing to these debasements, Gresham observed to the Queen, that "all your fine gold was conveyed out of this your realm."

The connection I'm proposing here is that Bitcoin is, and is increasingly perceived to be, 'good' currency, while the dollar and other fiat currencies are increasingly perceived as 'debased'. This kind of thinking is still not widespread enough to have the disruptive impact it might have someday soon. But it has gained a lot of ground lately, enough to cause (in combination with a few other factors) Bitcoin valuation to rise from $25 to as high as $1,200 within a year.

Some may object that the parallel I'm drawing doesn't hold because, where (for example) gold has 'intrinsic value', Bitcoin does not have it (or is presumed by Buffett and others not to). But what is 'intrinsic value'? I mean, yes, gold may have uses in old-school dentistry and in the making of pretty objects, but that hardly justifies the notion of value independant of the subjective, emotional consensus, "gold is precious". Still less does it confer any substance on the dollar, whose relationship to gold is but a distant memory. One might actually make a better argument that Bitcoin and its digital offspring, the 'altcoins', e.g., Litecoin, Blackcoin, Vertcoin etc., have more 'real' or 'intrinisic' value. Digital does what it does extremely well. The utility of it is tremendous. The intelligence and other resources that allow it to exist and function are tremendous (computing-power, among other things). And it cannot be minted arbitrarily in endless reams of paper at the whim of a central bank.

Others may object that while Gresham was speaking about currency, i.e., different grades of shilling within the realm, Bitcoin and the 'alts' are not currency. But this is just semantic quibbling. The mindless refrain of newspaper columnists lately has been that currency must be mandated by government, a qualification Bitcoin and the others lack. Meaning, it's not currency unless government says it is. I would say that it becomes currency in virtue of being used as such. Which it already is. By real people, in real commerce.

Anyway, we'll see how it all plays out. We may see a time when people try as hard as possible to palm off their dollars to anyone who still tolerates them in exchange for goods and services, while seeking to receive digital currency whenever possible -- to collect or spend in international trade where it's the only currency-form that is taken seriously at all. I believe we may be heading that way.
--Jabulon

made it a better wall of text Cheesy

Thanks - looks much better. And on re-reading I just realized I'd misspelled Warren Buffett (now corrected). No doubt this is a sign of how much of my respect he has lost.
jeees, this 4700/4800 cycle, will it break through the 5000 intact, tension, is driving me nuts
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002
Hey BlackCoiners... come join us for the

Grin First ever BLACKCOIN POKER FREEROLL tonight at https://StrikeSapphire.com!  Grin

Time: 8:00PM London (9:00PM Berlin)

Top 4 places pay: 1000 BC, 700 BC, 300 BC, 150 BC

Free to enter, of course. Join it now...this will be a 2-table, 20 player Texas Hold'em with 4 minute blinds.  We may expand it to 3 tables if we get enough entries.

Most of all, come and chat, and get to know your fellow BlackCoiners! Payouts will be made to your BlackCoin address (winners must send us an address for payout at the end of the tournament)...

Don't forget to invite your Bitcoin friends and give them a chance to win some BC!

Note: To join, go to StrikeSapphire, click the "Cards">"Poker" icons, then click the "Tournament" tab in the poker lobby. The freeroll is called "BlackCoin Booty" because, well, we like booty.  Grin
Bump that one
Activity: 476
To the community:

The following commentary is not so much for you, as you already know and understand the points it makes. It is something for the general education of the populace outside crypto, so please feel free to pass it along via blogs or other social media:

A few thoughts on Digital Currency:
Perhaps some of you heard about Warren Buffet's recent dismissal of Bitcoin as 'a mirage'. Funny, my first reaction to that was that he's just too old to understand what it is and what it may imply for the future of money. Now I'm pondering whether he actually had to reject it, vehemently, because of the extent to which he feels threatened by it. Most people, himself included, are very invested in the illusion of the dollar and/or their own respective government-backed currencies. The more people there are who understand what Bitcoin is, the more that illusion frays at the edges and begins to come undone.

I've been reading up a little on Gresham's law. Fascinating stuff. Sir Thomas Gresham was a sixteenth-century financial agent of the English Crown. The 'law' had been formulated a generation earlier by Copernicus, in a treatise called Monetae Cudendae Ratio. This is the crux of it: "bad (debased) coinage drives good (un-debased) coinage out of circulation." Gresham used this to explain to the Queen (Elizabeth 1) the reason for the miserable state into which the English shilling had fallen. To quote a historian whose name I didn't happen to note down:

"The statement was part of Gresham's explanation for the "unexampled state of badness" England's coinage had been left in following the "Great Debasements" of Henry VIII and Edward VI, which reduced the metallic value of English silver coins to a small fraction of what it had been at the time of Henry VII. It was owing to these debasements, Gresham observed to the Queen, that "all your fine gold was conveyed out of this your realm."

The connection I'm proposing here is that Bitcoin is, and is increasingly perceived to be, 'good' currency, while the dollar and other fiat currencies are increasingly perceived as 'debased'. This kind of thinking is still not widespread enough to have the disruptive impact it might have someday soon. But it has gained a lot of ground lately, enough to cause (in combination with a few other factors) Bitcoin valuation to rise from $25 to as high as $1,200 within a year.

Some may object that the parallel I'm drawing doesn't hold because, where gold has 'intrinsic value', Bitcoin does not have it (or is presumed by Buffet and others not to). But what is 'intrinsic value'? I mean, yes, gold may have uses in old-school dentistry and in the making of pretty objects, but that hardly justifies the notion of value independant of the subjective, emotional consensus, "gold is precious". Still less does it confer any substance on the dollar, whose relationship to gold is but a distant memory. One might actually make a better argument that Bitcoin and its digital offspring, the 'altcoins', e.g., Litecoin, Blackcoin, Vertcoin etc., have more 'real' or 'intrinisic' value. Digital does what it does extremely well. The utility of it is tremendous. The intelligence and other resources that allow it to exist and function are tremendous (computing-power, among other things). And it cannot be minted arbitrarily in endless reams of paper at the whim of a central Bank.

Others may object that while Gresham was speaking about currency, i.e., different grades of shilling within the realm, Bitcoin and the 'alts' are not currency. But his is just semantic quibbling. The mindless refrain of newspaper columnists lately has been that currency must be mandated by government, a qualification Bitcoin and the others lack. Meaning, it's not currency unless government says it is. I would say that it becomes currency in virtue of being used as such. Which it already is. By real people, in real commerce.

Anyway, we'll see how it all plays out. We may see a time when people try as hard as possible to palm off their dollars to anyone who still tolerates them in exchange for goods and services, while seeking to receive digital currency whenever possible -- to collect or spend in international trade where it's the only currency-form that is taken seriously at all. I believe we may be heading that way.
--Jabulon

made it a better wall of text Cheesy
Activity: 568
Merit: 500
Hey BlackCoiners... come join us for the

Grin First ever BLACKCOIN POKER FREEROLL tonight at https://StrikeSapphire.com!  Grin

Time: 8:00PM London (9:00PM Berlin)

Top 4 places pay: 1000 BC, 700 BC, 300 BC, 150 BC

Free to enter, of course. Join it now...this will be a 2-table, 20 player Texas Hold'em with 4 minute blinds.  We may expand it to 3 tables if we get enough entries.

Most of all, come and chat, and get to know your fellow BlackCoiners! Payouts will be made to your BlackCoin address (winners must send us an address for payout at the end of the tournament)...

Don't forget to invite your Bitcoin friends and give them a chance to win some BC!

Note: To join, go to StrikeSapphire, click the "Cards">"Poker" icons, then click the "Tournament" tab in the poker lobby. The freeroll is called "BlackCoin Booty" because, well, we like booty.  Grin
Jump to: