Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 1448. (Read 2509928 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
My bod... GPUs are ready!

I bet the guy who put up that 6 BTC buy at ~800 a few days ago when price was around 600-650 screaming "I want in!" is feeling pretty good right now.

I think those guys, who bought @2000 and more, will someday feel much better than now. I am sitting now near the value I joined this train and feel good right now. I am greenish in all this crypto labyrinth, because I started with Doge back in mid January, but the real face of crypto world I saw since my days with BC.
We all have to feel good being part of BC world. As of now...

If the guys who bought at 2000 also bought some at 500 (same quantity) then they are actually sitting on a small profit. I bought at the higher levels and averaged down at the lower levels. But, in time, all of the current prices will be history - the multipool will make a tremendous difference, also, think of the publicity!
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
I luv that when rat4 releases something, he has wallets for all OS at hand immediately. pretty solid man.

+1

And another

+1

because rat4 thinks also about GUI improvements in wallet releases.
legendary

I bet the guy who put up that 6 BTC buy at ~800 a few days ago when price was around 600-650 screaming "I want in!" is feeling pretty good right now.

I think those guys, who bought @2000 and more, will someday feel much better than now. I am sitting now near the value I joined this train and feel good right now. I am greenish in all this crypto labyrinth, because I started with Doge back in mid January, but the real face of crypto world I saw since my days with BC.
We all have to feel good being part of BC world. As of now...
Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
I luv that when rat4 releases something, he has wallets for all OS at hand immediately. pretty solid man.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 265
Pepemo.vip
The 1% per year means the coin price only needs to rise 1% per year in order for your investment to not lose value. Compare with MINT, the price will have to rise 20% in first year for holders to break even due to higher coin inflation.

1% per annum coin inflation is a big positive feature of BlackCoin. There is no huge new supply of coins to be dumped. If someone wants the coins, they have to buy them at market rate.

Why would the price have to rise for me to break even? Math is hard, but the way I see it, the price of Mint can go down 20% and since I will have 20% more Mint after a year I will still breakeven after a 20% price drop. Why are you are saying the price needs to rise 20% for me to breakeven?

To keep same coin price a 20% inflationary coin has to rise by 20% otherwise the coin price drops. It is due to new coins being added to the supply. A coin with 1% inflation does not have this problem, only on a very tiny scale. If everyone always holds their coins it makes no difference. If everyone dumps their extra coins the price gets diluted downwards.

Colinfx well put. Too many people who mine and trade cryptocoins have a limited understanding of economics and inflation.

Bullshit. If I buy a million mintcoins for $1000 and after one year due to inflationary pressure the price we'll say is 20% lower. Now 1 million mitcoins is worth only $800. But I have 1.2 million mintoins due to POS minting! Explain to me how the price needs to rise 20% for me to breakeven? I can still sell my 1.2 million mintcoins for $1000! You guys are the ones with limited understandings....

Congrats, if the price dropped 20% while you having 20% more coins you made nothing. What a solid investment you did minus the time and power to keep your computer on. Hell, you lost money buy not having it in a bank and just general inflation for the world (which is at least 4%)

You lost time and effort and made no more then having cash stuck in your mattress.

If you have a deflationary currency, the longer you hold the more buying power it will retain. Inflationary currency loses pre unit value and thus buying power, and thus you have to keep getting more to stay at the same place you are.

come on dude settle down.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
The 1% per year means the coin price only needs to rise 1% per year in order for your investment to not lose value. Compare with MINT, the price will have to rise 20% in first year for holders to break even due to higher coin inflation.

1% per annum coin inflation is a big positive feature of BlackCoin. There is no huge new supply of coins to be dumped. If someone wants the coins, they have to buy them at market rate.

Why would the price have to rise for me to break even? Math is hard, but the way I see it, the price of Mint can go down 20% and since I will have 20% more Mint after a year I will still breakeven after a 20% price drop. Why are you are saying the price needs to rise 20% for me to breakeven?

To keep same coin price a 20% inflationary coin has to rise by 20% otherwise the coin price drops. It is due to new coins being added to the supply. A coin with 1% inflation does not have this problem, only on a very tiny scale. If everyone always holds their coins it makes no difference. If everyone dumps their extra coins the price gets diluted downwards.

Colinfx well put. Too many people who mine and trade cryptocoins have a limited understanding of economics and inflation.

Bullshit. If I buy a million mintcoins for $1000 and after one year due to inflationary pressure the price we'll say is 20% lower. Now 1 million mitcoins is worth only $800. But I have 1.2 million mintoins due to POS minting! Explain to me how the price needs to rise 20% for me to breakeven? I can still sell my 1.2 million mintcoins for $1000! You guys are the ones with limited understandings....

Maybe they mean that demand needs to rise by 20% in order for the price to hold, and for you to actually get a 20% return?
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

legendary
Activity: 1400
Is there any need to upgrade to the newest wallet if we have no issues with the current one?

I am not sure since all mining is done.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Great job on setting up a multipool.

I will put my rig on this from friday!
Pepemo.vip
BC Multipool!

I'm sure you've heard about the multipool that's been worked on for BlackCoin, infact, it's the first multipool to actually PAY OUT in an altcoin!
The multipool works in a very simple way, you point your miners to our server and we make sure you get paid as much as possible from your precious hashes! When you mine with us, we trade the altcoins we mine into BTC, then buy BC at the best possible price, this creates buy pressure for BC. This translates into one thing, BCs will be worth more. Simple as that.

As long as the multipool has ANY hashrate pointed at it, even has little as half a megahash we'll still be creating buy pressure. This means that BC rises in value, the more hashrate pointed at it, the faster it will rise.

Saying that, I would very much appreciate it if you, as a miner, didn't point all your hashrate at our server immidiately. I want everybody to have a taste of what this can be, so I will be limiting each address/IP to maximum 10mhs. This will only be for the duration of the open beta when we have tested the servers/backend. Smiley

Servers will be hosted in europe at first, but I'm planning to open at least 2 more in the beginning. One on the east-coast of the US and one on the west-coast.

If you want to know more, head over to http://bcmultipool.com

Wish you all a happy mining! To the mooooon!

just let er rip !
legendary
BC Multipool!

I'm sure you've heard about the multipool that's been worked on for BlackCoin, infact, it's the first multipool to actually PAY OUT in an altcoin!
The multipool works in a very simple way, you point your miners to our server and we make sure you get paid as much as possible from your precious hashes! When you mine with us, we trade the altcoins we mine into BTC, then buy BC at the best possible price, this creates buy pressure for BC. This translates into one thing, BCs will be worth more. Simple as that.

As long as the multipool has ANY hashrate pointed at it, even has little as half a megahash we'll still be creating buy pressure. This means that BC rises in value, the more hashrate pointed at it, the faster it will rise.

Saying that, I would very much appreciate it if you, as a miner, didn't point all your hashrate at our server immidiately. I want everybody to have a taste of what this can be, so I will be limiting each address/IP to maximum 10mhs. This will only be for the duration of the open beta when we have tested the servers/backend. Smiley

Servers will be hosted in europe at first, but I'm planning to open at least 2 more in the beginning. One on the east-coast of the US and one on the west-coast.

Many thanks for your efforts! This will be some kind of revolution not only in BC world, but in Cryptocurrency world as a whole.
I'll support with all my kh/s available.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
BC Multipool!

legendary
Vertcoin did go vertical, Blackcoin will go perpendicular  Grin
Activity: 364
44th place at coinmarketcap.com. Niiiiiice!

number 11 in volume behind mazacoin (95k to 105k)

We should surpass maza in volume today.

Pepemo.vip

number 11 in volume behind mazacoin (95k to 105k)

We should surpass maza in volume today.
Activity: 385
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
I don't feel like belabouring the first point more, you'll see a bad thing happen when it happens.  It has nothing to do with SHA256d preimage resistance.

Which aspect of orphans worries you?

However, proof of stake, as implemented in nearly every currency so far, has one fundamental flaw: as one prominent Bitcoin developer put it, “there’s nothing at stake”. The meaning of the statement becomes clear when we attempt to analyze what exactly is going on in the event of an attempted 51% attack, the situation that any kind of proof-of-work like mechanism is intended to prevent. In a 51% attack, an attacker A sends a transaction from A to B, waits for the transaction to be confirmed in block K1 (with parent K), collects a product from B, and then immediately creates another block K2 on top of K – with a transaction sending the same bitcoins but this time from A to A. At that point, there are two blockchains, one from block K1 and another from block K2. If B can add blocks on top of K2 faster than the entire legitimate network can create blocks on top of K1, the K2 blockchain will win – and it will be as if the payment from A to B had never happened. The point of proof of work is to make it take a certain amount of computational power to create a block, so that in order for K2 to outrace K1 B would have to have more computational power than the entire legitimate network combined.

In the case of proof of stake, it doesn’t take computational power to create a work – instead, it takes money. In PPCoin, every “coin” has a chance per second of becoming the lucky coin that has the right to create a new valid block, so the more coins you have the faster you can create new blocks in the long run. Thus, a successful 51% attack, in theory, requires not having more computing power than the legitimate network, but more money than the legitimate network. But here we see the difference between proof of work and proof of stake: in proof of work, a miner can only mine on one fork at a time, so the legitimate network will support the legitimate blockchain and not an attacker’s blockchain. In proof of stake, however, as soon as a fork happens miners will have money in both forks at the same time, and so miners will be able to mine on both forks. In fact, if there is even the slightest chance that the attack will succeed, miners have the incentive to mine on both. If a miner has a large number of coins, the miner will want to oppose attacks to preserve the value of their own coins; in an ecosystem with small miners, however, network security potentially falls apart in a classic public goods problem as no single miner has substantial impact on the result and so every miner will act purely “selfishly”.
http://blog.ethereum.org/2014/01/15/slasher-a-punitive-proof-of-stake-algorithm/
legendary
Activity: 327
Merit: 197
Two-way squared
What could happen when you don't include PoW blocks and you're only using entropy bits from PoS blocks (GetStakeEntropyBit() from main.cpp)?  Especially if you're producing most of the previous PoS blocks?
If attakers are producing most of blocks they can double spend and so on. If not then chanches to influence to the modifier are too low.
Unless the attackers start with a small percentage of stake and then progressively begin to burn more of it.

Stake modifier does not give direct advantage unless you know a vuln in sha256(sha256())
(Indirect one is that you can start precomputation earlier)

Okay; how do you select which chain is the correct one?

The longest in terms of cumulative difficulty.

You see no issue with this at all?  What would happen to Bitcoin if the cost of generating PoW blocks was negligible and an orphan was generated?

Which aspect of orphans worries you?
Jump to: