Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 1449. (Read 2509928 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
Let's hit 2000 tonight!

I could imagine a spike to 2000 but next support floor might be 1500 area.

+1 in a very optimistic insight
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Let's hit 2000 tonight!

I could imagine a spike to 2000 but next support floor might be 1500 area.
legendary
Let's hit 2000 tonight!

It's up to all those, who are involved in market with their coins. Let's not to over pump the coin. It's is better to establish new resistance level, for example at 1200 or 1300.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Date: 2014/3/12 Wednesday 10:54
Debit: 0.00 BC
Net amount: -32512.24186592 BC
Transaction ID: 645391e76684a2d87999880f0b66f2bd7fb769fd3ce9ab32fbce3279ef1963bc

Hi, I changed to newest wallet, but the mined 1.68460715 BC became conflicted, what's the problem? Roll Eyes
you solved this problem?
legendary
bought for 1000 sold for 1095
I bought for 910 sold for 1150
today a good day

You are lucky trader. Not everyone is ready for risk. I have lost much on other coins, so I switched to long term investment. Today I was lucky accidentally to earn 3k, but it was more a risky fun that I took by myself
legendary
people, who sold recently, are trying to buy back

This works well for coins that have a constant generation through PoW and mine + dump. But with BC you're in 100% competition with others trying to do the same. It's a risk because at some point the coins just might not be there for anyone to rebuy. So you'll end with cases of "bought at 500, sold at 1000, rebought at 1200" much more frequently than with the traditional PoW alts.

+1

You explained that so much easier than I could!!!

As I always think... One bird in hand is worth two in the bush
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
bought for 1000 sold for 1095
I bought for 910 sold for 1150
today a good day
Activity: 1414
Merit: 265
Pepemo.vip

This works well for coins that have a constant generation through PoW and mine + dump. But with BC you're in 100% competition with others trying to do the same. It's a risk because at some point the coins just might not be there for anyone to rebuy. So you'll end with cases of "bought at 500, sold at 1000, rebought at 1200" much more frequently than with the traditional PoW alts.

+1

someone thought they could drive the price down and get in cheaper, I don't think it worked out for them.

Yup, looks like it. Price just isn't coming down. Anyone reading this thread would have known this would happen!

You'd have to be blind not to be able to see these support areas.

Each leg up is one-way - there is no coin inflation!

+1

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

legendary

Yup, looks like it. Price just isn't coming down. Anyone reading this thread would have known this would happen!

For a moment I regret not selling in a hype, but now am happy that I was strong and kept coins in garage.

You'd have to be blind not to be able to see these support areas.
legendary
There's a big pump tonight coming up on MintPal, let's hope it isn't BlackCoin, it just gives a coin a bad rep.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
What could happen when you don't include PoW blocks and you're only using entropy bits from PoS blocks (GetStakeEntropyBit() from main.cpp)?  Especially if you're producing most of the previous PoS blocks?
If attakers are producing most of blocks they can double spend and so on. If not then chanches to influence to the modifier are too low.
Unless the attackers start with a small percentage of stake and then progressively begin to burn more of it.

By the way, comment in code says it should favor PoS blocks  Smiley

kernel.cpp:
Code:
        // the selection hash is divided by 2**32 so that proof-of-stake block
        // is always favored over proof-of-work block. this is to preserve
        // the energy efficiency property

Yes, but no where does it say to completely remove PoW.

Okay; how do you select which chain is the correct one?

The longest in terms of cumulative difficulty.

You see no issue with this at all?  What would happen to Bitcoin if the cost of generating PoW blocks was negligible and an orphan was generated?
BTW guys mint have come up with a beautiful logo. We will need something distinctive and competitive. Just my two mBC.  Grin
Activity: 327
Merit: 197
Two-way squared
Notice how ComputeNextStakeModifier typically includes PoW blocks; you can visualise this if you turn on the debug flags.

By the way, comment in code says it should favor PoS blocks  Smiley

kernel.cpp:
Code:
        // the selection hash is divided by 2**32 so that proof-of-stake block
        // is always favored over proof-of-work block. this is to preserve
        // the energy efficiency property

What could happen when you don't include PoW blocks and you're only using entropy bits from PoS blocks (GetStakeEntropyBit() from main.cpp)?  Especially if you're producing most of the previous PoS blocks?

If attakers are producing most of blocks they can double spend and so on. If not then chanches to influence to the modifier are too low.

I don't think there's any easy fix not including PoW, and if you make the chain completely PoS you run into the forking issue (that miners can mine both forks of a chain easily and without consequence, so when forks are started they continue to propagate forever).

Nodes do not propagate double stakes.

Okay; how do you select which chain is the correct one?

The longest in terms of cumulative difficulty.
legendary
Someone is massively dumping

Yup time to gobble up some more bc

Yes please. Dump away.

Some whales maybe do not realise the value in BlackCoin, so their dump tactics are not going to work like on other coins, those with half a brain will just collect up the cheap blackcoin that they dump - we're not seeing the 500/600 sat level again, I am sure of that.

In fact, whales need cheap coins to profit, they might try to get weak hands to dump by saying things, after all, it is in their nature to manipulate to make money. But if there are few sellers, there are no cheap coins, they'll have to pay the going rate - or just bail and move on to another target.

Blackcoin is not like other coins Cheesy

From your mouth to others ear. We can expect 100% gain in nearest future
Someone is massively dumping

Blackcoin is up 100% in a few days, some are taking quick small profits, but really we are going much much further than this. It's hardly even the beginning. My coins are all safely sitting in my wallet, not even thinking about selling them - pump or no pump!

PS. The quality of posts in this thread are amazing compared to the dross you get in other coin threads Cheesy

Yes. Probably before the end of 2014 Bitcoin will have a monumental resurgence as it continues to go mainstream. Inevitability, folks. The writing is on the wall on that one. The secondary/tertiary markets, in this case altcoin, will track upward with the primary market as they invariably do. A few standouts will reap the most benefit, and Blackcoin will be one of them. Altcoin awareness has grown enormously since the last Bitcoin surge. Vastly more miners, but not only. As the next wave of mania sets in for virtual currency in general there will be a great deal more spillover-effect into the altcoin market than any previous time has seen. Volume and liquidity of altcoin trade is trivial now compared to what it will be as investors and players stampede in, particularly those who are hungry and looking for greater risk/reward scenarios. And in an up-market, that means a lot of people, a lot of new money-flow. Blackcoin is a no-brainer for reasons mentioned many times on this thread and which I needn't bother repeating. I also foresee major marketing and branding initiatives coming into play on this coin as it evolves and matures. We have scarcely begun. There will be cocktail parties on yachts people. I look forward to seeing you there.

I find that argument optimistic albeit I hope it comes true lol.
Jump to: