Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 1467. (Read 2509928 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
But I am instead thinking of running an advertising campaign on reddit, for $200 you can reach tens of thousands of people.

That's definitely a good idea, but I'd wait for the multipool + new site to finish up first. Once everything looks good and works well, then we advertise the heck out of BC and make it sound like the best thing since sliced bread (because maybe it is?).
Activity: 518
Great work guys. Love the effort people are putting in. Please don't have a "was blackcoin instamined" section on the site. Dogecoin started at zero difficulty and billions were mined in the first week leading to 6 addresses holding > 50% of all the coins, yet no-one cares. Half the people who read the site won't even know what "instamining" is until we educate them.

I have some coins to contribute towards the bounties. But I am instead thinking of running an advertising campaign on reddit, for $200 you can reach tens of thousands of people.

im in on that, ill even add 50$ from myself !
if there is some one who can profesionaly run a FB campaing i will donate another 50$
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
Great work guys. Love the effort people are putting in. Please don't have a "was blackcoin instamined" section on the site. Dogecoin started at zero difficulty and billions were mined in the first week leading to 6 addresses holding > 50% of all the coins, yet no-one cares. Half the people who read the site won't even know what "instamining" is until we educate them.

I have some coins to contribute towards the bounties. But I am instead thinking of running an advertising campaign on reddit, for $200 you can reach tens of thousands of people.
Such volume.  Cheesy
Activity: 120
Merit: 100
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Just to keep people informed...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/blackcoin-pump-the-improved-mazatrain-509928

https://twitter.com/BTCWhale

Already the price had jumped to 700 800+ on mintpal.

This guy is a known scammer.

He runs a Twitter scam group with couple of other low lifes who pull minor "pump & dump" schemes every day on unsuspecting newbies.

Noobs think that they are getting on a pump ride when in reality BtcWhale and co. are dumping their prebought coins on anyone foolish enough to participate on their "pumps".

Every day after the succesful scam dump fest they circlejerk retweeting their "awesome +300% pumps".

+1 Ive seen it aswell.
Activity: 185
Just to keep people informed...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/blackcoin-pump-the-improved-mazatrain-509928

https://twitter.com/BTCWhale

Already the price had jumped to 700 800+ on mintpal.

This guy is a known scammer.

He runs a Twitter scam group with couple of other low lifes who pull minor "pump & dump" schemes every day on unsuspecting newbies.

Noobs think that they are getting on a pump ride when in reality BtcWhale and co. are dumping their prebought coins on anyone foolish enough to participate on their "pumps".

Every day after the succesful scam dump fest they circlejerk retweeting their "awesome +300% pumps".
Activity: 385
Merit: 250
They are trying to buy to target up to 1200 range

https://twitter.com/CryptoFactor

Would love to see it hit the 1200 range but at this pace that price is going to turn into a selling festival

More coins for my wallet when they sale cheap
Activity: 154
Coinoholic

Would love to see it hit the 1200 range but at this pace that price is going to turn into a selling festival
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

That means they will be out from BC at -800-900 Tongue you will buy they walls.
Wink if i was whale i will do that way Cheesy
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
>tried the faucet
>dry faucet

if you want to donate me some coin to start: BGU7euwf9nG16gkWkUFiWsrHDRrgykfwqd
Activity: 385

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
BC is next AURcoin

Technically BC is better, but I don't think BC can reach AUR market cap
legendary
BC is next AURcoin
BC is better than AURcoin no premine, extremely fast Smiley,safe from multipools ASICs.
Coin of deams.
Look at that pump. 720 now with a 1.05 BTC sitting at it. Someone is maybe testing... and once our "inverse multipool" gets up and running, it will only help it along!

I'm working hard on the website right now (http://www.blackcoin.co).

I approve. Now just hire an English major do the writing that us left brained people are incapable of!
One guy before wrote interesting text on main it will be god to combine some of his work.
Se i will try found that one.
Generally new web looks very nice.
But it is not good to overload website.
I have change something i would explain why 1% is better than higher inflation rate.

That was me. It's funny that you quoted me and then posted an image that I posted some time ago. Tongue

This is the full latest FAQ I had written up if the BC devs want to use any of it.

[Q] What is BlackCoin?
[A] BlackCoin (BC) was designed as a proof-of-stake (PoS) only experimental coin. It was launched on February 24th, 2014 with a 1 week proof-of-work (PoW) mining period to the distribute all coins among the miners and rest of the market. Slightly less than 75 million total coins were mined, making its total supply less than the maximum Litecoin supply of 84 million. It's future supply now relies on PoS which generates 1% interest per annum for those holding the coins in their wallets.

[Q] What is Proof-of-Stake (PoS)?
[A] Proof-of-stake was designed as alternate method of mining to proof-of-work (PoW). PoW requires your GPUs to "work" to be eligible for block rewards. PoS on the other hand simply requires you to be holding coins in your wallet to be eligible for block rewards. And the more coins you hold, the more you can stake, and be eligible for more block rewards. PoS introduces energy efficiency at the cost of brute force.

[Q] Why is my wallet not staking?
[A] Your wallet must be open, unlocked, and have its balance untouched for at least 8 hours with BlackCoin before your coins may become eligible for staking. Unlocking your wallet is perfectly safe using the command "walletpassphrase yourpassword 9999999 true". This input this demand, you must go to Help->Debug->Console. This will command will unlock your wallet for staking purposes only. You will be required to input your password every time you send out coins. Do not forget to clear your command history after inputting this command. Leaving it potentially exposes it to others (ie remote desktop). Your best bet to see results is to open your wallet, input the command, and then leave it running for 24 hours before checking up on it again.

[Q] Why does BlackCoin use a low PoS rate of 1%?
[A] BlackCoin aims at being a deflationary coin, along with an almost nothing maintenance cost. Being so can allow it to be a good hedge position within the crypto market. With very little supply being generated through PoS, it is fully protected against "mine and dump". Mining BC through a multipool does not actually generate any new coin supply, which is what makes this factual. And because of this, what others may view as a weakness of BC, we view as the greatest long term strength.

[Q] How can I still mine BlackCoin if its PoS only now?
[A] You can still "mine" BlackCoin by pointing your GPUs to a multipool that pays out in BC! These pools work the same way as regular multipools do, but instead selling the pool mined coins for Bitcoins (BTC) and paying the users with that, the pool operates sells the pool mined coins for BTC, and then uses the BTC to purchase BC, and then sends the appropriate percentage of BC to the miner. From the miner's point of view, it looks exactly as if he/she was mining BC all along! Mining difficulty then becomes directly tied to the market price of BC, as that alone will dictate how much BC the pool operator may purchase and send out to the miners at the end of the day. Considering this, BlackCoin has invented a new type of crypto mining that really makes sense for PoS only coins.

[Q] What makes BlackCoin truly unique?
BlackCoin truly goes above and beyond any other altcoin invented. BC addresses finite supply and infinite supply concerns all at once. The low PoS generation rate alludes BC to having an almost finite supply. However, this supply will always be available for GPU mining, alluding to infinite supply thanks to the BC multipool explained above. It's as if each BC is going to mined more than once. The decision is ultimately up to the individual miner to keep their mined coins, or pass them along for another miner to eventually obtain. We are the first crypto coin to come up with such an implementation.

[Q] Is BlackCoin an instamined coin?
[A] The answer to this question is yes, but not in sense that it gave early adopters a significant advantage. Interest on BlackCoin was so high during the week of PoW mining, mining difficulty surpassed 400 and peaked above 500, making PoW mining very difficult for each individual miner. And to add to that, in the following week after going PoS only, BC's price plummeted to 400-500 from a peak of 3500 satoshi, making those who mined and held actually at a loss! You would have been better off mining and holding other coins like Dogecoin and Litecoin, and then buying into BC after the PoW period had ended. So rest assured, you didn't miss out on anything by not being there from the beginning.
Activity: 466
BC is next AURcoin
Activity: 154
Coinoholic
Yeap crazy rush happening on mintpal wow. think it topped out for now though
legendary
Look at that pump. 720 now with a 1.05 BTC sitting at it. Someone is maybe testing... and once our "inverse multipool" gets up and running, it will only help it along!

I approve. Now just hire an English major do the writing that us left brained people are incapable of!
One guy before wrote interesting text on main it will be god to combine some of his work.
Se i will try found that one.
Generally new web looks very nice.
But it is not good to overload website.
I have change something i would explain why 1% is better than higher inflation rate.

Activity: 196

Jump to: