Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 1493. (Read 2509926 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
You have a couple misunderstandings of how this works. Let me make it a bit clearer, as your questions are fairly common: First of all no, you do not need to be running your wallet continuously 24/7. You could unlock it for minting once once a month, collect your interest based on the age-weight of your stake, and close the wallet. Note that unlocking is a 'mint-only' command, meaning transfers out from your wallet will still require a password. Just encrypt the wallet, open it when you wish, sync, unlock and stake for a few hours, collect interest. It's that simple. The only advantage to frequent or constant minting is that the tiny amounts mature and become viable for stake themselves - hence compounding of interest. Hope that helps clarify.

thanks, yes that clarified a lot for me.

(*) something like that explanation should become part of the wallet client!  Took quite some time to find this info.

more questions:

(*) now I have unlocked the wallet, with
Code:
walletpassphrase PASSWORD 9999999999 true
Does it need to be renewed when I close and reopen the wallet? Is there a chance to make that persistent?

* Before I didn't use that command, but the wallet was not encrypted. Still, no Stake incoming, for ONE WEEK now!
So the 7 days in which my wallet contained coins are useless, just because it wasn't encrypted?

* You should consider to make the stake earning completely automatic. Or have a button press solution (like with the mining tab in some qt-clients).

I guess the price for BC also fell so much, because some people were simply disappointed that their balance didn't increase at all.  

* Is it really only 1% per year?   I could have made so much more, just by selling my BC in the right moment :-(

I am keeping all of my BC still, I really want to see this working.

No problem, glad to help. Don't worry about the period where you did not get a stake. When they do stake, the payout on coins owned will reflect the age weight from day-one of when they landed in your wallet, or since whenever they last staked. On your other question, yes, the wallet locks again on closing and you need to re-enter the command. I would not recommend leaving your wallet open perpetually in the un-locked state. I need to go back and re-confirm this, but I may have been mistaken that it is a mint-only command - this means coins may indeed be able to be sent from your wallet WITHOUT re-entry of your password! Some PoS clients include a separate program purely for staking, but as of the present release ours does not. Therefore, please exercise caution and certainly do not leave your wallet unlocked and unattended on an ongoing basis. And don't forget to delete your unlock command from console history after unlocking - I've said this before and gladly repeat it.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002
what is wrong with those guys, who sells so low. Ridiculous!
off.

What does everyone think?

This game with low inflation is a bit illusion.
Just imagine that you are in place of time when you put all LTC on market in 10 days what will happened ?
No imagine that LTC=BC... We have similar situation.
Of course price drop at beginning market need time to absorb that amount you see how hard is keep price of BTC/LTC they can crash hard.
Just bad news no one want buy new BTC/LTC price falling also people are sell in panic.
when money are not flowing into exchanges those coins have trouble.

Almost all of those "shit coins" will lose value over time to BC or BTC why ?
While now you need 0.005 BTC daily to keep price of BC if noone sell it below certain price price wont go down unless someone really need money.
High % rate is illusion ofcousre you will get more coins but they will lose value overtime 20%...
1% inflation needs 0,005 BTC day to keep price POS system
20% inflation needs 0.1 BTC day to keep price POS system
Now POW systems look: 650 NEW BTC day no new $ on market price is tanking
Now POW Doge look it needs ~250 BTC/day to eat all Doge no BTC price go down...
Multipools and GPU farms don't wait to get better times.

Sec i will write about HBN.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
I think that PoS interest raise will influence market move in a small increment.

This coin is for those, who are investing at long term.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Yep!

What to people think about tweaking the interest rate?

drakoin RE: Is it really only 1% per year?   I could have made so much more, just by selling my BC in the right moment :-(

This is something I was going to post, but decided to wait until we get on cryptsy
and see how that plays out.

But as drakoin as now mentioned it, with a small 1% it does not give many incentive
to stake in their wallet.

Example from my 70k earned 0.58268149

Take HoboNickels which stake 2% every 10 days, and look at the price on cryptsy!

Read tokyoghetto's great post here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/hbn-investment-journal-2-returns-every-ten-days-90000-hbn-porfolio-406112
and see the kind of stake made with HBN.

Could we tweak the interest for the first year to give people more of an incentive
to keep them and not dump when they see a small short term profit. Like the last
day or so, with sub 600 sat prices, and today rising to 800 and watching 700k sold
off.

What does everyone think?
legendary
Activity: 1288
Activity: 826
see my profile
You have a couple misunderstandings of how this works. Let me make it a bit clearer, as your questions are fairly common: First of all no, you do not need to be running your wallet continuously 24/7. You could unlock it for minting once once a month, collect your interest based on the age-weight of your stake, and close the wallet. Note that unlocking is a 'mint-only' command, meaning transfers out from your wallet will still require a password. Just encrypt the wallet, open it when you wish, sync, unlock and stake for a few hours, collect interest. It's that simple. The only advantage to frequent or constant minting is that the tiny amounts mature and become viable for stake themselves - hence compounding of interest. Hope that helps clarify.

thanks, yes that clarified a lot for me.

(*) something like that explanation should become part of the wallet client!  Took quite some time to find this info.

more questions:

(*) now I have unlocked the wallet, with
Code:
walletpassphrase PASSWORD 9999999999 true
Does it need to be renewed when I close and reopen the wallet? Is there a chance to make that persistent?

* Before I didn't use that command, but the wallet was not encrypted. Still, no Stake incoming, for ONE WEEK now!
So the 7 days in which my wallet contained coins are useless, just because it wasn't encrypted?

* You should consider to make the stake earning completely automatic. Or have a button press solution (like with the mining tab in some qt-clients).

I guess the price for BC also fell so much, because some people were simply disappointed that their balance didn't increase at all.  

* Is it really only 1% per year?   I could have made so much more, just by selling my BC in the right moment :-(

I am keeping all of my BC still, I really want to see this working.

So you think there will be a reset? I dont think so...

I have no idea, if not great because any paid votes will count
for next round, but will be hard to beat Maza this time so I'm
waiting for the moment!
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
can I send my "stake" to the exchanges to sell?Huh?

If I try to send, everything exceeds my balance Sad
Activity: 344
ALL IN!
So you think there will be a reset? I dont think so...
I'm willing to put that in too, but I think as Stanr010 mentioned Maza has
a ton of votes (currently over 7000 now).

So wait until the next round!
ALL IN!
What about everybody donating 0.01  BTC for this Cryptsyvote  Huh
If we do nothing we will see nothing  Wink
Activity: 2828
Merit: 611
LOL don't bother. MazaCoin's got this first round by a long shot.

Look at their donations. https://blockchain.info/address/1DCvyi3yqu52nRa1dWrDid5zjjTJ3zkHSF
They've got 1.12 BTC and counting. That's over 5600 votes when it kicks in.

We can still vote and show our dedication!
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
LOL don't bother. MazaCoin's got this first round by a long shot.

Look at their donations. https://blockchain.info/address/1DCvyi3yqu52nRa1dWrDid5zjjTJ3zkHSF
They've got 1.12 BTC and counting. That's over 5600 votes when it kicks in.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 611
There's absolutely no sell pressure in the 600s right now, ever since that 6 BTC 800 buy.

Maybe, but seeing 700,000+ blackcoins getting dumped in less than 10 minutes was pretty scary to watch.

Ever heard of manipulation?
ALL IN!
Does the cryptsy vote reset once a coin is selected?

I'm willing to send some paid votes but don't want to if
it resets with ZED and MAZA riding high!

good question, i would buy some votes too
Jump to: