Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 19. (Read 2509671 times)

Activity: 205
Merit: 114
Joshua J. Bouw
As we get close too the experation of the 20pct bonus period we should see an increase in burning and as rat 4 releases more info on black net burning of black will accelerate

Proof of stake as dapp. Its value is in providing consensus to dapps.
The most popular type of dapp that requires consensus is cryptocurrency. Non-currency dapps also can use consensus, for example, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CryptoKitties

So, proof of stake itself is a dapp, much like how the blockchain is the dapp store. Yeah, I can agree with that. The blockchain doesn't need PoS or PoW, it could exist if everyone was honest. Adding that layer of Proof of Stake is a dapp layered to secure and incentivise the network.

It is interesting to me because I'm kind of visioning this to be essentially a chain that can transfer unrestricted information at a cost of the coin which gets paid in a data tx transfer fee. Then a PoS dapp as a means of embedded incentive and security.

My only concern is, that ETH can hardly run CryptoKitties at its peak. That was only 1 popular dApp. The severe bottleneck that I really do believe that you should address.
Joshua J. Bouw
I'm running Mac v1.2.4-dirty.  How do I burn and memetic?

Unfortunately, we don't have wallet that works on mac.
I'm offering 2000 BLK bounty for 1.2.5.2 for macOS.

when i received the new coins? It's very confused without a FAQ when i will have a split or i must send the old Coins to a exchange then the burn new version and send back? When i become the new or on which address?

You need to burn (destroy) BLK to get the new token in genesis block.

I could backtrack a little and add stuff. I have been trying to get through a bunch of life stuff right now though, but its ok, you don't need to donate if I get it out before someone else. I was so close to getting it sorted but then the RPC API, can't remember the name of the one that we are using now, wouldn't compile. I got the wallet and everything else fixed up to that point, including a new build system.
Activity: 323
Merit: 197
Two-way squared
As we get close too the experation of the 20pct bonus period we should see an increase in burning and as rat 4 releases more info on black net burning of black will accelerate

Proof of stake as dapp. Its value is in providing consensus to dapps.
The most popular type of dapp that requires consensus is cryptocurrency. Non-currency dapps also can use consensus, for example https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CryptoKitties
Two-way squared
rat4, the distribution of the new coins will happen in december when the burning is over or it's already possible to claim the new coins ? Also will staking work just like previously on the new one ?

Distribution will be known only after burning is over. Yes, staking is similar.
Activity: 908
Merit: 503
rat4, the distribution of the new coins will happen in december when the burning is over or it's already possible to claim the new coins ? Also will staking work just like previously on the new one ?
Two-way squared

Unfortunately, we don't have wallet that works on mac.
I'm offering 2000 BLK bounty for 1.2.5.2 for macOS.

when i received the new coins? It's very confused without a FAQ when i will have a split or i must send the old Coins to a exchange then the burn new version and send back? When i become the new or on which address?

You need to burn (destroy) BLK to get the new token in genesis block.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1090
I have a question for the burn, the Wallet Blacknet 1.2.5.1 compatible to the Blackcoin Wallet 1.2.5.2 or i also can send the "old" Coins to the "new" address and at the new Wallet i can burn the old Coins?

Instruction for Windows and Linux

Download BlackCoin wallet 1.2.5.1
    Use the debug window or CLI to execute following commands.
    blacknetkeypair Save your mnemonic before proceeding further.
    burn n pubkey to burn n coins.

The old coin have also a future so i will split!

Thats right?

The new wallet (1.2.5.2) is same as old, but without possibility to create "blacknetkeypair" and also it shows no warning message in future that IBO will end 14 dec., (maybe older versions will show this alert indefinitely, I do not know)
To continue to use blackcoin you can best use 1.2.5.2 (but any other version will work)

Activity: 47
Merit: 1

Thanks! 
legendary
I have a question for the burn, the Wallet Blacknet 1.2.5.1 compatible to the Blackcoin Wallet 1.2.5.2 or i also can send the "old" Coins to the "new" address and at the new Wallet i can burn the old Coins?

Thats right?

The new wallet (1.2.5.2) is same as old, but without possibility to create "blacknetkeypair" and also it shows no warning message in future that IBO will end 14 dec., (maybe older versions will show this alert indefinitely, I do not know)
To continue to use blackcoin you can best use 1.2.5.2 (but any other version will work)

Any FAQ to split the BLK from one address and wallet to old and New BLK?
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Wallet update 1.2.5.2

Changelog:
Remove code that is not required after Blacknet IBO
Don't show notification about Blacknet IBO
Activity: 908
Merit: 503
Will it be possible to stake with the new 1.2.5.2 wallet too? Also, when are the new coins issued after the burning ?
Activity: 49
Merit: 3
For those who would like to continue with blackcoin.. please update ASAP to version 1.2.5.2 (after burning). The old wallets are useless for BLK

Direct link: https://github.com/CoinBlack/blackcoin/releases/tag/v1.2.5.2
Joshua J. Bouw
Hey rat4, the IBO alert you pushed out crashed every node into safemode (So exchanges, cryptoid). Much love to you and I know that you had a chuckle, but you ruined my last hour =(.

Thats right?

legendary

Thats right?
Two-way squared
Hi rat4, what is idea for latest update in blackcoin code on github? (1.2.5.2)

https://github.com/CoinBlack/blackcoin/commit/ab35aef819b0b8ec4027b00bbbd6fbf60991b443

As soon you burned BLK for Blacknet you can update to this version Smiley
Hi rat4, what is idea for latest update in blackcoin code on github? (1.2.5.2)

https://github.com/CoinBlack/blackcoin/commit/ab35aef819b0b8ec4027b00bbbd6fbf60991b443
Two-way squared
can i use the same blacknet pubkey for burning multiple times ?

Yes.

What is the complete bonus schedule breakdown till the 14th of December?
Maybe this could be added to the OP.

Added Smiley
Activity: 506
Merit: 510
 Grin When burn 10000K
Activity: 924
Merit: 526
GIF by SOCIFI
What is the complete bonus schedule breakdown till the 14th of December?

Maybe this could be added to the OP.
Pages:
Jump to: