Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 297. (Read 2509934 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Anyone ever wondered with all the media hype we have received in the past few weeks, and all of the services that now accepts BlackCoin, why are we still trading at the same level for the past 2 weeks? Everyone I meet and chat with claim they are holding BC and not selling, have you ever asked yourself why is someone selling so low?

"Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves".
--Eric Hoffer

Yeah, seems fishy, I've the whales on mintpal, and they really do manipulate prices it seems. IDK, but just really doesn't make much sense logicially, why value is so low, yet we are becoming one of the best alts out there with highest volume.

How is the volume so high and trading range pretty much hoovered in same place for so long?

well there is some trend if you look at the past two weeks for it to hower between lets say 27K and 33K

if you have enough BTC and ride those waves there is enough money to be made, so probably they manipulate it the way to ride that wave as BC has the most volume they can do this
It's pretty easy IMO...
As long as some players are making their exit (still hours of slow dumping every now and then) it is always easy to keep the price down since the dumpers have to do the hardest part of the job and get the price down by about 20-25% if they don't want to sell off only tiny bits per day.
Low price == you can move and accumulate more BC with less (if you look what is being used and working as wall these day almost ridiculous) amounts of BTC. I don't think whoever is doing this is looking to make more BTC but get more BC.

But what if the goal isn't to sell off slowly, what if the goal is to just obtain large shares of BC?
That's what i meant to say, my English is proably too bad..

The fact that there are still people dumping/cashing out does make it easier for those who want to accumulate a lot since the dumpers "help" holding the price down.
When you look at the amount and timespan where coins are being dumped at times that can hardly be part of the "usual" price manipulation. In that case the price would go up and down in shorter intervals and not drop for 12 hrs w/o any uptrend (for sell/dump and buy back) iin between.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Anyone ever wondered with all the media hype we have received in the past few weeks, and all of the services that now accepts BlackCoin, why are we still trading at the same level for the past 2 weeks? Everyone I meet and chat with claim they are holding BC and not selling, have you ever asked yourself why is someone selling so low?

"Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves".
--Eric Hoffer

Yeah, seems fishy, I've the whales on mintpal, and they really do manipulate prices it seems. IDK, but just really doesn't make much sense logicially, why value is so low, yet we are becoming one of the best alts out there with highest volume.

How is the volume so high and trading range pretty much hoovered in same place for so long?

well there is some trend if you look at the past two weeks for it to hower between lets say 27K and 33K

if you have enough BTC and ride those waves there is enough money to be made, so probably they manipulate it the way to ride that wave as BC has the most volume they can do this
It's pretty easy IMO...
As long as some players are making their exit (still hours of slow dumping every now and then) it is always easy to keep the price down since the dumpers have to do the hardest part of the job and get the price down by about 20-25% if they don't want to sell off only tiny bits per day.
Low price == you can move and accumulate more BC with less (if you look what is being used and working as wall these day almost ridiculous) amounts of BTC. I don't think whoever is doing this is looking to make more BTC but get more BC.

But what if the goal isn't to sell off slowly, what if the goal is to just obtain large shares of BC?
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
I have been killing it mining shibecoin all day lol,,,,,, the competition is fierce out there.... its pow/pos in  5 days,,,hmmmm?  and I really like the neato wallet design too  Shocked

EDIT: of course I will devote some earnings back into purchasing BC as always Smiley

With a 1.5M premine and 10% inflation baked in... yeah, I would definitely be funneling profits into BC with that. Wink
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000
I have been killing it mining shibecoin all day lol,,,,,, the competition is fierce out there.... its pow/pos in  5 days,,,hmmmm?  and I really like the neato wallet design too  Shocked

EDIT: of course I will devote some earnings back into purchasing BC as always Smiley

--Eric Hoffer

What's there to wonder about? BTC is at $425. As a result, everyone is being conservative.
lol, that's exactly right, BC trains along with BTC, as do most all cryptos. BTC goes up then people get excited and loosen their belts a little and start trading again.... seen it a 1000 times Smiley

Yep... makes a big difference.  That's why it was almost a 'perfect storm' that BC started getting pumped right as BTC was recovering from it's last dip into the upper 300s (at least I think I'm remembering that timeline correctly).
legendary
Activity: 2198

--Eric Hoffer

What's there to wonder about? BTC is at $425. As a result, everyone is being conservative.
lol, that's exactly right, BC trains along with BTC, as do most all cryptos. BTC goes up then people get excited and loosen their belts a little and start trading again.... seen it a 1000 times Smiley

--Eric Hoffer

It's pretty easy IMO...
Activity: 70
Merit: 10

--Eric Hoffer

I not rule out price manipulation by some large holders, because it really impossible for all of our volume, the price never go up, is not only daytraders making the party here. I'm starting to believe in conspiracy theories.

--Eric Hoffer

Actually, there are many reasons for that to occur - especially with the lack of volume on the exchange... not much for traders to work with so that money is largely sidelined.  On the other hand there are still probably millions of coins in hands that held from the very beginning and to them even 28K isn't really "low" but actually a fantastic ROI - regardless of how it compares to the manipulated top price.

I'm not selling now, but if I needed a new laptop or something, I'd be fine with taking a 'measly' 1000% gain on the earliest coins I purchased (or even more on the ones I mined).  Until there's more than a few dozen BTC on the buy side it's actually impressive that the price is being maintained... and that alone is testament to the fact that most people are indeed holding for the long run.

Can you imagine if someone wanted to cash in 500K BC right now?

EDIT: I should also point out that those selling are clearly BC holders with much more being held than being sold, because the sells are small and controlled in their nature... no price manipulation, just a free market working properly. Smiley
Activity: 308

--Eric Hoffer

Activity: 210

--Eric Hoffer

--Eric Hoffer

--Eric Hoffer

Yeah well the great man that started it all ( btc) was certainly not some little gamer behind his pc smoking pot.
and He would certainly not have envisioned some spoiled brats to take over this whole thing..

While there is some debate still over who Satoshi was/is - or for that matter whether it was even truly a single person... I do completely agree with you (that he wasn't some little gamer behind his pc smoking pot) however, on the other hand if he truly envisioned the success and profusion that his idea would spark... then he certainly should have figured that it would be championed (to a reasonable extent at least) by them.

Steve Jobs = completely inexperienced 20-something entrepreneur smoked and did drugs much of his life... his company turned out to be pretty successful.

Richard Branson = high school dropout, current dope smoker, and pretty crazy too... his many companies turned out pretty well also.

id Software... everyone involved... ~60% of the people involved in arts and entertainment... etc.

I could go on but the point is - whether or not the image of those who were instrumental at the very beginning is polished or experienced, does not necessarily mean that the result of their efforts cannot be successful.  Additionally, just because the most visible people have decades of business experience doesn't mean it cant wind up being MCI-Worldcomm or Enron.

Wink

Edit - Before someone points out the obvious (BC isn't a corporation)... people with significant business experience tend to be busy running... businesses and the exception are involved with non-profit humanitarian ventures... crypto currencies are neither of these things, though they share some aspects with both.  If for no other reason than that, certain compromises must be accepted with a coin as young and unexpectedly successful as BlackCoin has been so far.
Activity: 336
SellALL, BuyBTC
Holy shit the centralization argument still? How do you centralize something you control a fraction of? Seriously how much could they possibly control within the group that is likely "the foundation" - 3% is my estimate, topping out at 5% - and anything suggested over 10% is patently absurd. I've been with this coin since minute fucking zero, every day. The people you accuse of "centralizing" don't have the marketshare to centralize the currency you halfwit.

It's a troll at this point. He's ignoring simple math.

+1 Hahaha - that was a good post. Wonderfully concise too. This womanish blather and self-righteous pomposity has grown to biblical proportions. So much so it has transcended itself, and gone from being massively irritating to hysterically funny.

While sex, race and the perpetual fight against our own mediocrity are powerful motivators, hardly any of those would justify -to ourselves, for no one else would be fooled by it- our mendacity.

Hysterical enough?

He знaя, чтo я и пoчeмy я здecь, жизнь нeвoзмoжнa
legendary
Activity: 1162
Holy shit the centralization argument still? How do you centralize something you control a fraction of? Seriously how much could they possibly control within the group that is likely "the foundation" - 3% is my estimate, topping out at 5% - and anything suggested over 10% is patently absurd. I've been with this coin since minute fucking zero, every day. The people you accuse of "centralizing" don't have the marketshare to centralize the currency you halfwit.

+1 Hahaha - that was a good post. Wonderfully concise too. This womanish blather and self-righteous pomposity has grown to biblical proportions. So much so it has transcended itself, and gone from being massively irritating to hysterically funny.

While sex, race and the perpetual fight against our own mediocrity are powerful motivators, hardly any of those would justify -to ourselves, for no one else would be fooled by it- our mendacity.

Hysterical enough?
Activity: 266

legendary
Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040
Для rat4:
Moжeтe ли вы oтвeтить, ecли вы пo-пpeжнeмy вoвлeчeны в мoнeты?
He is active on developing things https://github.com/rat4/blackcoin
RUNNING A FEW NUMBERS...

This proposed -or real- "Foundation", for what we all know by now, will be comprised of 15-20 individuals "that were here more or less from the beginning" and that are all well know to the community... well, since the whole thing exists only for just over two months, how "well known" can they be?

But since the ra-ra mentality is obviously much more active here than the simplest exercise of critical thinking, let's try some numbers so no one can claim "oh I didn't understand the potential ramifications and dangers. It is already established that the proposed -or real- "Foundation" is, in reality, a "Group of Investors" in which Rat4 and The DOGE take part. There's no other purpose, NONE, that supersedes the main if not only purpose of a "group of investors". By simple and pure definition: To make profits, i.e.:Money. Pure and simple. No ifs, no buts.

With that in mind, I believe it is safe to assume that of those 15-20 investors now in the proposed "Foundation", we will find that they hold most if not all of the top 20 BlackCoin Wallets. And maybe quite a few spares. That's by themselves, not even counting family members, friends or associates already converted to the BC "faith". Remember, the MAIN interest of such group, by definition, is to obtain profits, ok? Now, place yourselves in a position in which you personally or a group of "yous", own double or triple the amount of BC that is traded daily in the exchanges. And just limit the vision, for concentration and clarity purposes, to the two main exchanges, MintPal and Cryptsys. I'm sure you can easily see the unlimited possibilities... on arbitrage alone... which means simply selling in one place and buying in the other while actually maintaining the same amount of BC at the end of the day. Even at $0.12 a piece, the current price, you can easily imagine that such activity, even at much lower levels, would produce dreamlike kind of profits with practically no risks whatsoever. Will the Investors Group in the "Foundation" do this? Of course not, will they? Can they do it, exceptionally or on a regular basis? YOU answer that question. There's a reason why such a thing would mean jail time -extensive- if it were to happen in the real world.

But since we are all being so proactive, so well mannered and putting extensive amount of ribbons to everything that we post not to hurt too many sensitivities, one would actually believe one has entered the Twilight Zone. Now we have this "generous" guy, Colin, that offers to match up to $5k whatever donations, as it this were some kind of telethon. It is already a freaking circus with a bunch of people vying for who comes with the most outrageous idea of what to do so they can sell at 37 and buy back at 30 and brag about it. It is greedy beyond words, pathetic to extreme that such amount of real resources, which could save hundreds of children's lives, quite literally, would be used in this dick-measuring context for the ONLY purpose of getting a coin to trade at 37 instead of at 30. There's no generosity in that. There could be a bunch of other adjectives, none even remotely being "generous"... and and I can see the question in the ever attacking "defense" coming... the answer is "not enough", ok? So you can save yourself the inevitable question.

Can the "Investment Group" exist and be called "Foundation" or any other name? Well, in fact it does already exist, obviously. Organized and ready for action as we saw in the campaign against IC over the weekend. The Land Grab had already taken place, just covertly. Now it is kind of official. You guys, the "community" can do whatever you want but we are BlackCoin and no one but us will ever have control over it. We are the devs and now we are also The Foundation. Marking territory. Besides, we have the coins. We can do anything we want. In fact, let's move the "discussion" to forums we absolutely control and where absolutely no dissenting words are ever allowed to be posted.

Well, there are no positives in that. No matter how you pretend to disguise it. Like I warned before, it will prove sooner, rather than later, BlackCoin's undoing. A pity because I love the gorgeous logo. But calls for reason, sadly, are an exercise in futility. Hopefully not too many people will be severely hurt by the inevitable.

Now back to your previous ra-ra's.

I know you are an intelligent individual, and I am being sincere. After going back and reading what you have written lately, including this current post, I now realize you are more intelligent than I previously gave you credit for. However, your message gets ignored because of your "hateful" tone. I can guarantee if you change your tone and dial it back a bit more people would listen to your point of view.

The brilliance was always there, from the get go, but was is a given that not apparent to all... kind of like Tolstoi or Camus, not accessible to everyone.

My posts, as I have noted several times, only tried to bring the power of reason, common sense, and a sober vision of a long term future away more than the next 10 or 20 -or even 500K -satoshis... which is the only things that transpires here (or at IRC). To give some perspective beyond the feverish greedy rush that seems to motivate many -you included-. Those efforts, I realize, are futile for the most part. So be it, it is what it is. Kind of what you surely will experiment soon enough: No matter how well you know your children are about to make terrible mistakes -otherwise easily avoidable-, you just cannot prevent them from making them. I will witness, with resigned sadness, the self destruction so many times seen before. This is, indeed, the chronicle of a destruction foretold.

We humans are, after all, the only animals in the planet that would stump twice -and more times- on the same stone.

Unfortunately your perception of me is wrong. If greed is what motivates me I would have cashed out around 80,000 sat and not looked back.
Hum...this will be an interesting next few days....

Crypto reminds me of a good mystery novel...just when you think you know what is going to happen, there is a plot twist.
Jump to: