Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 515. (Read 2509934 times)

legendary
Activity: 968
Merit: 1000
einc.io
IconicExpert: Why do we have to manually pump the coin? We have the multipool and as long as that's running I'm happy.

Is our BC coin not fundamentally better than a lot of coins in the Top 10? Like I said before Peercoin has nothing on us. We should be able to match their market cap.

Whales can do the same thing to every altcoin out there. I'm sure it was happening to LTC and PCC too. Or do you think we'll fail if we don't pump? Did LTC and PCC have these discussion too?

I say we focus on marketing and promoting our multipool. PoS is still the new and we should capitalize on that. Then focus on differentiating ourselves from our PoS competitors.

How about about compromise. Why don't we have a rent rig week? Everyone that wants a pump pump the multipool with as much hashpower as you can. This will do a few things, add more interest to the pool that is constant buy support, add more buying from of BC from while taking value from other crappy coins, showing BC getting more value.

I think this is a fair compromise for all, let's instead of pumping the coin, rent a rig week. That is as much hashpower as you can afford. We can have website listed that offer rigs to rent and instructions for those that don't know how this process works, but anyone can rent rigs for mining coin without having to know how mining works too much. Few tips on setting up and everyone can do this.

This is a good idea.     I think buying BC is never a bad thing.   

Well I'm going to have to see some calculations. Because if it's cheaper to just buy it, I sure as hell am just going to buy it.

That depends,  the V2 pool will likely be more profitable in almost everyway
Most people do not factor in pool/withdrawal/exchange fees, and you will be paying 'fees' if your 'extra' profit.
Not to mention its automated and I bet you most people who say they will just buy never actually do.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
IconicExpert: Why do we have to manually pump the coin? We have the multipool and as long as that's running I'm happy.

Is our BC coin not fundamentally better than a lot of coins in the Top 10? Like I said before Peercoin has nothing on us. We should be able to match their market cap.

Whales can do the same thing to every altcoin out there. I'm sure it was happening to LTC and PCC too. Or do you think we'll fail if we don't pump? Did LTC and PCC have these discussion too?

I say we focus on marketing and promoting our multipool. PoS is still the new and we should capitalize on that. Then focus on differentiating ourselves from our PoS competitors.

How about about compromise. Why don't we have a rent rig week? Everyone that wants a pump pump the multipool with as much hashpower as you can. This will do a few things, add more interest to the pool that is constant buy support, add more buying from of BC from while taking value from other crappy coins, showing BC getting more value.

I think this is a fair compromise for all, let's instead of pumping the coin, rent a rig week. That is as much hashpower as you can afford. We can have website listed that offer rigs to rent and instructions for those that don't know how this process works, but anyone can rent rigs for mining coin without having to know how mining works too much. Few tips on setting up and everyone can do this.

Well I'm going to have to see some calculations. Because if it's cheaper to just buy it, I sure as hell am just going to buy it.
legendary
Activity: 968
Merit: 1000
einc.io

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Activity: 126
Iconic, your ego and greed is killing this coin. Please relax and let it grow naturally. All you have to do is introduce infrastructure and it will grow. No need to preach.
Activity: 168
Thank you for your comments. I think an open debate is good and everyone should voice their opinion. Like I originally stated I am for a pump but I am conflicted about a public pump. However, whether I am for a  pump or not I will not be the one that will give the go ahead.

If it's not a public pump people are likely to get burned again.

Unless the price goes up continuously, someone will always get burned. Public or Private.

That is correct. I think one thing people do not understand is an organized pump and dump, and what other are suggesting are two different things.

An organized pump and dump is usually a group of people who buy up a ton of cheap coins and then begin driving the price up using various methods. Once they reach their target number they begin dumping.

An organized pump to stimulate growth is significantly different. The main goal is not to sell off but to sustain a new high. However, the unintended side effect will result in a number of people selling off. I would like to point out after the last pump and sell off it take a long time to settle down to our current level. That is why I personally believe we would be fine after a stimulus pump. That will be the new term: "Stimulus Pump" Smiley
Thank you for your comments. I think an open debate is good and everyone should voice their opinion. Like I originally stated I am for a pump but I am conflicted about a public pump. However, whether I am for a  pump or not I will not be the one that will give the go ahead.

Unless the price goes up continuously, someone will always get burned. Public or Private.
Activity: 546
PGP 9CB0902E
I;m not an expert on pump/dump, but from what i understand, by the time a pump is public
somebody is dumping big time
Activity: 238

I respect you Iconic and I know you've done a ton for BC, but I just don't think this is the way to go. I know your intentions are good. I know you believe this coin is worth $1.00+ (so do I) and you want to prevent someone buying up cheap coins now and manipulating in the future. Hell, it's possible you're right and it would help the coin overall... but here's the problem: 99% of the community and potential new users are not Forex traders. In the crypto-world, pump is a dirty word regardless of how currency trading works on Forex, that won't change - there have been too many scamcoins built only to be pump and dumps for the crypto-community to see it any other way.

For me the problem is what this talk does to the image of Blackcoin. We know this coin has what it takes to grow to $1.00+. We know that the big run-up and run-down was just a mass of panic-buying and panic-selling. But to an outsider casually looking at graphs, to someone that hasn't really looked into Blackcoin yet and hasn't learned why this coin has the potential it has, that big panic buy/sell looks a lot like a P+D. Blackcoin has already proven that line of thinking wrong in recent weeks. But what does it look like to that person when they suddenly hear about a community pump? I think it undoes a lot of progress. IMO, the last thing we need is to have another unnatural run up and down. We need to shed that image and let our marketing efforts and development do the talking. I think all this talk of pumps will only hurt the marketing effort, and the single most important thing we can do is get new people to use Blackcoin.

The cards are an amazing development! I'm pretty fucking sure the price will go way up when these things are in people's hands and in use. But I'd rather wait and let it happen rather than force it.

We did have a bit of a natural bear run that dropped us to ~40k, but honestly I think the small group talking about a pump and the division thereafter caused the sell-off to ~30k.. just look at the timing of it. Without all that, we may very well be trading much higher at this exact moment.

Furthermore, I think any poll on this issue originating from Bitcointalk is flawed. There are many, many people using this forum as an information base, not just holders and supporters of Blackcoin. Any day trader that came across that poll is going to say 'hell yes'. I don't think that represents the Blackcoin community and holders as a whole. For example, you can safely say that our subreddit community likely contains many of the strongest supporters of Blackcoin. Just look at the voting results of this topic:

Now, it's not an official vote or anything. So this may also be a little flawed. But 95% of the people in our subreddit who read the topic "Why an organised pump is not good for Blackcoin." then chose to upvote it.  

Thank you for your comments. I think an open debate is good and everyone should voice their opinion. Like I originally stated I am for a pump but I am conflicted about a public pump. However, whether I am for a  pump or not I will not be the one that will give the go ahead.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Hey guys lets show our gratitude to Bitcoinwisdom.com for providing us with an excellent trading chart for Blackcoin.

His donate addresses are:

BTC: 13X9oueJxM9Md3HcESYc1AnfJD9RxWzsYU
LTC: LeYMTmDr1K9ACuyJfPT86ihpjrVPstpCKS

(you can confirm these addresses are his here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoinwisdomcom-live-bitcoinlitecoin-charts-190722)

Alternatively, open a premium account on his site for 0.02BTC/mth and/or click on the ads occasionally shown on his site Smiley

oh gawd !                                                                               Derp !
Activity: 140
I respect you Iconic and I know you've done a ton for BC, but I just don't think this is the way to go. I know your intentions are good. I know you believe this coin is worth $1.00+ (so do I) and you want to prevent someone buying up cheap coins now and manipulating in the future. Hell, it's possible you're right and it would help the coin overall... but here's the problem: 99% of the community and potential new users are not Forex traders. In the crypto-world, pump is a dirty word regardless of how currency trading works on Forex, and that won't change - there have been too many scamcoins built only to be pump and dumps for the crypto-community to see it any other way.

For me the problem is what this talk does to the image of Blackcoin. We know this coin has what it takes to grow to $1.00+. We know that the big run-up and run-down was just a mass of panic-buying and panic-selling. But to an outsider casually looking at graphs, to someone that hasn't really looked into Blackcoin yet and hasn't learned why this coin has the potential it has, that big panic buy/sell looks a lot like a P+D. Blackcoin has already proven that line of thinking wrong in recent weeks. But what does it look like to that person when they suddenly hear about a community pump? I think it undoes a lot of progress. IMO, the last thing we need is to have another unnatural run up and down. We need to shed that image and let our marketing efforts and development do the talking. I think all this talk of pumps will only hurt the marketing effort, and the single most important thing we can do is get new people to use Blackcoin.

The cards are an amazing development! I'm pretty fucking sure the price will go way up when these things are in people's hands and in use. But I'd rather wait and let it happen rather than force it.

We did have a bit of a natural bear run that dropped us to ~40k, but honestly I think the small group talking about a pump and the division thereafter caused the sell-off to ~30k.. just look at the timing of it. Without all that, we may very well be trading much higher at this exact moment.

Furthermore, I think any poll on this issue originating from Bitcointalk is flawed. There are many, many people using this forum as an information base, not just holders and supporters of Blackcoin. Any day trader that came across that poll is going to say 'hell yes'. I don't think that represents the Blackcoin community and holders as a whole. For example, you can safely say that our subreddit community likely contains many of the strongest supporters of Blackcoin. Just look at the voting results of this topic:

Now, it's not an official vote or anything. So this may also be a little flawed. But 95% of the people in our subreddit who read the topic "Why an organised pump is not good for Blackcoin." then chose to upvote it.  
Activity: 476
Hey guys lets show our gratitude to Bitcoinwisdom.com for providing us with an excellent trading chart for Blackcoin.

(you can confirm these addresses are his here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoinwisdomcom-live-bitcoinlitecoin-charts-190722)

Alternatively, open a premium account on his site for 0.02BTC/mth and/or click on the ads occasionally shown on his site Smiley

He should really add a BLK address Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I think we should allow some people to exit and bring in new people. Starting in May going into June everything we are working on now will begin to show results. This will naturally add value to BC and BC then will not need this kind of pump. However, I think now some people are getting frustrated and bitter and we should allow them to exit.

A pump will not hurt BC, but frustrated holders can and will if the price keeps dropping.

I don't think you can satisfy those people. Not every day can be a good day. We have an upcoming PoS competitor and BTC is down. Right now the main difference between us and our competetion: community, developer and you. Our short term is up. Multipool is up. We also have a head start.

WC is going to go up in price. I don't think we can stop that. But what we can do is do what we do best. Then eventually people will come flocking back.

I think we should allow some people to exit and bring in new people. Starting in May going into June everything we are working on now will begin to show results. This will naturally add value to BC and BC then will not need this kind of pump. However, I think now some people are getting frustrated and bitter and we should allow them to exit.

A pump will not hurt BC, but frustrated holders can and will if the price keeps dropping.
Activity: 546
PGP 9CB0902E
It's hard to discern if this is an actual coin, or a crowd sourced pump operation.

Grin  CSPO, the evolutionary step after IPO & IPVO coins

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

You said all things that a lot of people need to hear here. I agree 100% with you. Today I got rid of some FIAT investments, and then I ended up buying 30BTC in blackcoin, I would like to buy more, but the price of BTC is very expensive in Brazil, I'm doing my part as an investor, and I will buy more BC for long-term investment.

People associate pump with bad thing, I prefer to call our pump (Buyday).

Even on local bitcoins or similar you have to pay alot for your bitcoins?

I paid an average of $ 550.00 each BTC, here in Brazil is fucking nobody sells cheaper! And for me to buy in Bitstamp I have to pay many fees , not worth it.

The best offer here in Brazil right now is $ 542.00, I need to get another way to buy cheaper BTC.
Activity: 308

You said all things that a lot of people need to hear here. I agree 100% with you. Today I got rid of some FIAT investments, and then I ended up buying 30BTC in blackcoin, I would like to buy more, but the price of BTC is very expensive in Brazil, I'm doing my part as an investor, and I will buy more BC for long-term investment.

People associate pump with bad thing, I prefer to call our pump (Buyday).

Even on local bitcoins or similar you have to pay alot for your bitcoins?
Jump to: