Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 740. (Read 2509934 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Well I'm glad the funeral was postponed for this dead coin.  Cheesy

Hopefully slow and steady rise this time.

I second this, I hope it's not again a rise and fall
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
THAT WALL at 35k
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
As I understand it, BC has 10 second confirmations and you wait for 10 confirmations to be sure it can't be reversed. This is correct? So a payment at a retailer will be confirmed without risk to the retailer in 1min 40 seconds?

Receiver will have to decide how many confirmations he needs before the payment is considered accepted. If you buy a cup of coffee, it is possible you wouldn't require confirmations at all. When buying something more expensive you could require 20 confirmations. Or if the buyer looks like he can run fast, and there is little distance between the register and the street door. Tongue There is no magical number of confirmations after which the risk disappears totally, but it is reduced after each one. At least that's how I've understood it.

EDIT: haha this thread runs so fast that as soon as I've finished writing my reply there are already 5 answers. Cheesy

So where does the 10 second transaction confirmation fit in?

Surely, the headline for one confirmation should be 30 second average transaction confirmation,  for low cost items. It could be 1 second but it could be 60 seconds.

Well, whatever the time is, it's still the fastest out of all coins, right? And this will all be dealt with later. That's a way later stage.

That is not that easy unfortunately. Tweaking the coin afterwards if a messy job.
Activity: 154
 Well I'm glad the funeral was postponed for this dead coin.  Cheesy

Hopefully slow and steady rise this time.
Activity: 238
It's definitely going past a minimum of 50k today.  Twitter people are going nuts already spreading the word to get in
Activity: 210
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
As I understand it, BC has 10 second confirmations and you wait for 10 confirmations to be sure it can't be reversed. This is correct? So a payment at a retailer will be confirmed without risk to the retailer in 1min 40 seconds?

Receiver will have to decide how many confirmations he needs before the payment is considered accepted. If you buy a cup of coffee, it is possible you wouldn't require confirmations at all. When buying something more expensive you could require 20 confirmations. Or if the buyer looks like he can run fast, and there is little distance between the register and the street door. Tongue There is no magical number of confirmations after which the risk disappears totally, but it is reduced after each one. At least that's how I've understood it.

EDIT: haha this thread runs so fast that as soon as I've finished writing my reply there are already 5 answers. Cheesy

Surely, the headline for one confirmation should be 30 second average transaction confirmation,  for low cost items. It could be 1 second but it could be 60 seconds.

Due to the randomness of blocktimes. It is not a ten second blocktime:

From the website:
 While other coins take up to ten minutes for their first confirmations, Blackcoin regularly has a first confirmation in ten seconds flat.

This is just a statement. How does it achieve this? This would be good innovation. 10 minutes are for bitcoin forks, not all other coins.

And the randomness of blocktimes will settle to a long term average of 1 min, not 10 seconds.

Well, whatever the time is, it's still the fastest out of all coins, right? And this will all be dealt with later. That's a way later stage.

There are other coins with 1 min blocks that have already had a proof of concept of 5 second confirmatioins, with optimisation it is thought 3 seconds is achievable.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Due to the randomness of blocktimes. It is not a ten second blocktime:

From the website:
 While other coins take up to ten minutes for their first confirmations, Blackcoin regularly has a first confirmation in ten seconds flat.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0

Activity: 154
Lot of people trying to sell quick and buy back cheaper in a panic - be nice if a big fella could teach them a lesson!
Wow they are behind at Cryptsy, only 29799K  lol

Mintpal kicks ass  Cool
Activity: 112
Merit: 10

i made that a bit BIGGER!  Wink

ALLWAYS BET ON BLACK!!
Here come the whales!!! 100BTC purchase like a kid buyin a candy bar

Lol ?

Taken from http://finance.yahoo.com/news/blackcoin-rolls-fantastic-features-value-071557419.html

"No longer do they have to contend with flimsy and annoying paper wallets or worry about installing private keys. They simply encrypt and secure the BlackCoin Card wallet against unauthorized access for peace of mind and convenience that also protects BlackCoins in the event that the card is lost or stolen."

I wondered how does the decryption to use the card at a  retailer work? Do you need to carry a decryption key? If a simple password or PIN is used, how do you stop it being bruteforced if stolen?

Activity: 80
Merit: 10
In Crypto I trust
Second wave of buying>>HERE WE GOOOOOO

Jump to: