Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 994. (Read 2509934 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
May I know how much capacitive will the cards have ?
Activity: 238

those USB cards are just USB flash memory 4GB with a wallet installed in it
what is special in it, can you explain? what is the advantage of it from installing the BC wallet on mobile phone?

You have voiced your opinion multiple times and this is the free market. If you do not want to buy the card that is your decision. However, I have politely asked you to stop posting FUD. Your comments have been seen and noted... now just move on...

Agreed
Activity: 168

what is special in it, can you explain? what is the advantage of it from installing the BC wallet on mobile phone?

You have voiced your opinion multiple times and this is the free market. If you do not want to buy the card that is your decision. However, I have politely asked you to stop posting FUD. Your comments have been seen and noted... now just move on...
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

These are high quality, custom branded, and you are forgetting the free shipping worldwide. You are not thinking about the customer support infrastructure needed to support the product. The shoes on your feet cost $4.00 to make in China, but it is sold at $80+....

This.  In addition, you also have to remember that (most of us at least) aren't involved in crypto currencies because we're interested in living in a commune and subsistence farming.  Just because a business venture benefits BC in one way or another doesn't mean it can't be profitable for the person/company engaged in launching it.

This is not a non-profit organization with ideological purposes only (not saying it can't do some humanitarian efforts as well - and it should) so whether you like it or not... most of us are here for one reason... greed.  I don't mean the kind of greed that takes food out of a hungry person's mouth to buy another 24K gold fishtank... but the type that says "it's perfectly reasonable for me to make the kind of money someone else slaves away for years in a cube farm for... by simply possessing a wallet full of cryptographic keys".

Wink  Also... if the price were considered 'astronomical' - then even for the good of BC he wouldn't be selling them like hotcakes!  Something to keep in mind.

Technically... nothing.  The same as a $10 handbag from Walmart can carry just as much as a $2K Louis Vuitton bag caries.  As far as the wallet itself is concerned.. there's no difference between this an a thumb drive in your pocket - you just look better pulling it out and using it.  It's called 'vanity' and I don't know where you live exactly but it's a pretty big thing in this world (i.e. multi-billion dollar sales of designer iPhone cases last year). Wink

vanity
as far as there are who pay
i don't think we need more cards, QR in your mobile wallet are just enough
for marketing purpose it's OK, but for real use don't think will work
Activity: 154
After making the worst promotion on the entire planet, I decided to make something good for the Blackcoin community. I started a new discussion on Blackcointalk about custom Blackcoin gold bars. Feel free to share your thoughts. <3 u:)

I like this. I was really excited to see your store accepting BC. To steal a line from a tweet I saw this morning "Black is the new gold" .
Nice work.
Activity: 616
Merit: 503
@coaex - LBMA certified Gold & Silver
After making the worst promotion on the entire planet, I decided to make something good for the Blackcoin community. I started a new discussion on Blackcointalk about custom Blackcoin gold bars. Feel free to share your thoughts. <3 u:)
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Some questions I have (new to BC):

1. Where does the processing happen for the coin? One of the early crypto currency principles was to have distributed processing so that all processing does not happen in one place. It seems with BC that no processing happens on your computer, just an open wallet connected to the network. if processing does not happen on our computers, then does it get processed on a central computer somewhere?

2. How is consensus reached in the network that transactions are not fraudulent or spent twice.

The wallet IS the processing node... that's what staking is all about.

EDIT (for clarification).
The difference is there isn't a difficult 'problem' to solve as a secondary validation (PoW which miners do in other coins).  The 'problem' with BC is simply whether or not the blockchain is secure - no more, no less.  Think of coin-age in PoS as being a shareholder in a public company (although I stress this is only for illustration - it's NOT a public company).  Shareholders have two purposes, to gain profits through shared investment - like your CPU time while staking - and secondarily, to make sure that the company doesn't do something completely stupid.

Your BC are like 'voting shares' in a manner of speaking.

That's not terribly accurate, but I think it's a reasonably fair analogy for layman investors.  For more detailed information see the wiki articles on PoS or look at blackcoin.co for additional details.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013
Some questions I have (new to BC):

1. Where does the processing happen for the coin? One of the early crypto currency principles was to have distributed processing so that all processing does not happen in one place. It seems with BC that no processing happens on your computer, just an open wallet connected to the network. if processing does not happen on our computers, then does it get processed on a central computer somewhere?

2. How is consensus reached in the network that transactions are not fraudulent or spent twice.

These are high quality, custom branded, and you are forgetting the free shipping worldwide. You are not thinking about the customer support infrastructure needed to support the product. The shoes on your feet cost $4.00 to make in China, but it is sold at $80+....

This.  In addition, you also have to remember that (most of us at least) aren't involved in crypto currencies because we're interested in living in a commune and subsistence farming.  Just because a business venture benefits BC in one way or another doesn't mean it can't be profitable for the person/company engaged in launching it.

This is not a non-profit organization with ideological purposes only (not saying it can't do some humanitarian efforts as well - and it should) so whether you like it or not... most of us are here for one reason... greed.  I don't mean the kind of greed that takes food out of a hungry person's mouth to buy another 24K gold fishtank... but the type that says "it's perfectly reasonable for me to make the kind of money someone else slaves away for years in a cube farm for... by simply possessing a wallet full of cryptographic keys".

Wink  Also... if the price were considered 'astronomical' - then even for the good of BC he wouldn't be selling them like hotcakes!  Something to keep in mind.

Technically... nothing.  The same as a $10 handbag from Walmart can carry just as much as a $2K Louis Vuitton bag caries.  As far as the wallet itself is concerned.. there's no difference between this an a thumb drive in your pocket - you just look better pulling it out and using it.  It's called 'vanity' and I don't know where you live exactly but it's a pretty big thing in this world (i.e. multi-billion dollar sales of designer iPhone cases last year). Wink
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
BC 0.00013370 +42.20%

We are roughly a 70btc buy from 100k sat. Unreal.

100k sat per BC would be just dandy... Smiley could show the missus this is actually worth it and she can stop nagging me about doing it lol
+1 hahaha

I need to buy back the 500 I used for the bc card now :L

lol i bought my bc card yesterday and today +42%  Cheesy
but no problem i'm happy for IronicExpert because he works a lot for the community
Activity: 427
Merit: 252
Some BC available at market prices on Prelude now. Buy directly with USD with no antiquated Bitcoin in the way:
https://prelude.io/trade/usd/bc

ahh so we got on prelude after all. this one goes to facebook at my end of day blackcoin report ;p

We've been on it a while but there's been no market. I've just put some of my treasured BC on there because I believe in cutting BTC out of the equation.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Some BC available at market prices on Prelude now. Buy directly with USD with no antiquated Bitcoin in the way:
https://prelude.io/trade/usd/bc

ahh so we got on prelude after all. this one goes to facebook at my end of day blackcoin report ;p
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

so how do you receive stacked coins? ony once per year?

No, if any of your coins haven't moved for 8 or more hours, they will become eligable to become staked in your wallet and you will receive BC (appearing as mined) up to the value of 1% of staked coins per year. If you leave your wallet open for a whole year without touching the coins, that will then compound too so it becomes a little over 1% in all. Think of it as a guaranteed savings bond while the coins you keep away from the market are driving more buying pressure because of more scarcity, i.e. should go up in value at same time.

This I get, but what about the security of an open wallet on the Internet? Normally the first thing you do is to encrypt the wallet to protect it. Also, what happens when I shut down my computer and the wallet is not connected to the Internet?

Also, the wallet can be encrypted and mining for stake. At the moment, the 'unlock' option in the drop-down menu doesn't do it quite right.

The best way currently is, if you encrypt your wallet first, then go to Help > Debug > Console and type
walletpassphrase YOURWALLETSPASSWORD 99999999 true

YOURWALLETSPASSWORD is your wallet's password.

That will keep it encrypted and staking. Though when you close the wallet and reopen it the staking will stop. I'm sure the dev will make this a bit easier in time.

No, if any of your coins haven't moved for 8 or more hours, they will become eligable to become staked in your wallet and you will receive BC (appearing as mined) up to the value of 1% of staked coins per year. If you leave your wallet open for a whole year without touching the coins, that will then compound too so it becomes a little over 1% in all. Think of it as a guaranteed savings bond while the coins you keep away from the market are driving more buying pressure because of more scarcity, i.e. should go up in value at same time.

This I get, but what about the security of an open wallet on the Internet? Normally the first thing you do is to encrypt the wallet to protect it.

I've just edited my post. You don't need to keep the wallet open. If the coins have remained static in cold storage, the first time you open the wallet, those coins will go to out to stake and you'll receive the BC pretty quickly (the green arrow in the bottom right of the wallet gives you a rough idea when).

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

This I get, but what about the security of an open wallet on the Internet? Normally the first thing you do is to encrypt the wallet to protect it. Also, what happens when I shut down my computer and the wallet is not connected to the Internet?
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
No JUST BLACKCOIN!!! Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
OMG i just wake up what's happening Huh nuclear bomb?!

No, if any of your coins haven't moved for 8 or more hours, they will become eligable to become staked in your wallet and you will receive BC (appearing as mined) up to the value of 1% of staked coins per year. If you leave the wallet open for a whole year without touching the coins, that will then compound too so it becomes a little over 1% in all. You don't need to leave the wallet open though if you have kept loads of coins static in it, in order to receive the stake on that amount when you first open it again. Think of it as a guaranteed savings bond while the coins you keep away from the market are driving more buying pressure because of more scarcity, i.e. should go up in value at same time.
Jump to: