Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ⚫️ BLOCKPOOL - Real World B2B Blockchain Solutions ⚫️ - page 7. (Read 72511 times)

Activity: 257
Merit: 108
I am a bit confused reading your last post saying

"you can always remove the vote from your delegate and vote towards a pool which pays out automatically without the need to run a node."

I am not sure I See the difference between voting for a delegate et voting towards a pool ?
Activity: 530
Merit: 500
I need to help here. I registered delegate but i´m missing blocks. It is not enough just to keep wallet open 24/7? What else is needed for "mining"?

Hi Billy,

Blockpool runs a DPoS Chain.  In order to forge you will need to run our dedicated node software, which can be found here: https://github.com/blockpool-io/BPL-node

It does take some linux knowledge and configuration but the steps are all laid out in the readme.  We also have a install script which works for VPS's in the US region.  We are working on bringing this script to other regions as well.  If you need additional help there is usually someone around to assist in our Discord channel. 

Minimum requirements to run a node
2 core
4 GB RAM
120 GB SSD
100MB/s network connection

One of the providers we recommend is called Contabo.  Their VPS services baseline provides more than enough hardware to do what you need and will be compatible with sidechains, which will come further down the line.

If you take a look at the readme and figure its more than you wish to do, you can always remove the vote from your delegate and vote towards a pool which pays out automatically without the need to run a node.

As always feel free to leave any questions here to to PM me and I will respond as soon as I can.

Regards,
Loco
Activity: 86
Merit: 1
I need to help here. I registered delegate but i´m missing blocks. It is not enough just to keep wallet open 24/7? What else is needed for "mining"?
There still seems to be some confusion as to why we choose an annual percentage rate over a fixed block.

Traditionally cryptocurrencies have had a fixed block reward like bitcoin, however an annual percentage rate is not abnormal either.  Many of projects have used this method as a more stringent way to manage inflation.  I understand that not everybody likes annual interest rates, it reminds them of banks.  We understand this.  However our focus is towards business integration, not payment solutions.  Most businesses that are not currently into crypto like the rest of us are put off by fixed block rewards, they understand annual interest rates and compound interest. Businesses like this because its better for their bottom line, they make more over time.   The 5% rate has nothing to do with the SEC or US regulations and exchanges aren't forging on the BPL Masterchain so that is totally irrelevant.  The annual interest rate also encourages Delegates to hold into more of their tokens due to compounding rewards.  Because of this the longer you hold and forge the more BPL you earn over time.  

Both systems have their downsides and their upsides.  

One thing I would like people looking to become Blockpool delegates to know is that not all of our sidechains will have an annual interest rate like we do.  The creator of the sidechain will be able to decide the reward system that best fits their project.  To forge on the sidechains it will be a requirement to be a BPL Delegate in good standing.  You won't have to be in the top 201 though but a solid uptime is required.  

Blockpool delegates will earn more than just Blockpool tokens if they are forging on our sidechains, they will also receive the rewards for the sidechains they choose to forge on.  These could be fixed block rewards or percentage rate rewards.  BPL Delegates will be able to enable up to 60 sidechains they wish to forge for, assuming their VPS is capable of handing all of those chains.  Our Delegate management Software will make it easy to know how many sidechains a specific VPS would be able to handle.

Hopefully this fixes some of the confusion.  If anyone has a question as to why we did what we did beyond what I explained here I am more than happy to answer them.  We just ask that they are presented in a respectful manner.  If you're not happy with the solution nobody is forcing anyone to be a delegate.  We do have pools available to vote for that provide consistent payouts and these pools will also be sidechain enabled.  If voting for a BPL pool currently isn't up your alley simply because of the annual percentage rate, then my only suggestion is to either wait for sidechains to become enabled and vote for a pool forging on only fixed reward chains.  

Regards,
Loco
Activity: 88
Merit: 10

Blockpool network is a joke.
Removing this 5% distribution crap and replace with 1 BPL reward per block and see what happen. I'm sure almost 100% investors want this way seen beginning and not the 5% distributions which cost so much headache with the SEC, exchanges, and node operators.

Good idea! Generate 1 BPL per block even at random is less confusing than 5% BS. Delegation system is the most confusing. Why do we have to join a delegation and pay %. It's taking us away from true decentralization imho. Whose right idea was it to come up with this? Genius! (NOT)

BPL has its own chain, so it is a coin. A proof of stake(POS)?

and make a useful utility out of it / beneficial to own this coin

Hi there,

BPL is a DPoS coin however our strategy is not based on being a "crypto currency"; BPL is the access token to our sidechains and smart contracts.

The benefit of becoming a delegate for BPL (whether by running a node yourself, or voting your balance to a pool) is that you will benefit not just from forging rewards on BPL but from every sidechain that is forged for as well. This is a multiplier effect. Having a high rate of inflation (1 BPL per block would be huge) would not fit in with the strategy for BPL either.

There is a huge utility to BPL, much greater than just having it as Just Another Crypto Currency.

Thank you for your question

Removing this 5% distribution crap and replace with 1 BPL reward per block and see what happen. I'm sure almost 100% investors want this way seen beginning and not the 5% distributions which cost so much headache with the SEC, exchanges, and node operators.

Good idea! Generate 1 BPL per block even at random is less confusing than 5% BS. Delegation system is the most confusing. Why do we have to join a delegation and pay %. It's taking us away from true decentralization imho. Whose right idea was it to come up with this? Genius! (NOT)

BPL has its own chain, so it is a coin. A proof of stake(POS)?

and make a useful utility out of it / beneficial to own this coin
Activity: 561
Merit: 255
Going stealthy

Anyone else noticed this?! Could it be real?
https://imgur.com/a/GBEdv

That image is from Katy Perrys Official Instagram account https://www.instagram.com/p/BeXchJzFkhJ/?hl=en&taken-by=katyperry

I doubt that is the real Katy Perry.  Probably someone trying to pump the price of BPL by utilizing her name.  Sorry to ruin the fun but I can't let rumors like this swirl around.
Activity: 86
Merit: 1
Anyone else noticed this?! Could it be real?
https://imgur.com/a/GBEdv

That image is from Katy Perrys Official Instagram account https://www.instagram.com/p/BeXchJzFkhJ/?hl=en&taken-by=katyperry
Activity: 235
Merit: 62
where can i find the blockpool explorer from blockpool.io page?

Hey

the explorer is here:

bplexp.blockpool.io

thanks. no where to be found on blockpool.io.

Hey

the explorer is here:

bplexp.blockpool.io
Activity: 235
Merit: 62
As if that wasn't enough news, a small update just got pushed as part of our regular process of keeping BiT and myBlockpool moving forwards. This update merely involved a bit of tweaking on the mobile experience, and also fixed a bug whereby you could not send funds to an email address.

Thanks, as always, for your support!!
Blockpool are proud to announce a brand new partnership with UK based music group Miloco. Miloco offer a range of excellent worldwide recording studios, carefully selected for different purposes and budgets. They are your complete guide to searching for quality studios, from their seven-studio headquarters in London to the luxurious Black Rock located on the Greek island of Santorini.

Via our technical integration they will soon be accepting Audiocoin (ADC) as payment for studio services and equipment sales and anyone who has a musical requirement throughout the world will not be disappointed with their facilities and services. 

More information will be available soon but feel free to contact them via their website to find out more.

Blockpool will be providing the technology to power this innovation.

See more on our website:

http://www.audiocoin.eu/?p=65568
Activity: 168
How join this project ..
Activity: 222
Merit: 102

Are you serious? After all this time you are back trying to FUD because someone typo'd SEC?

Dude you need psychiatric help ASAP!
Another week, another update.

It's been a crazy week for us here at Blockpool Towers. First of all we shipped V1 of BiT, the first stable release of our core API. This brought a lot of technical advancements with how we deal with people's coins, keeping them safer and more isolated. It also allowed us to provide functionality like you as an individual being able to send to multiple addresses in a single transaction. This is just the beginning of the cool stuff that is now possible with BiT V1.

We also reskinned myBlockpool to make it cleaner and easier to navigate (we hope) and support the expansions that are coming over the next weeks and months. The UI now allows you to have multiple segregated wallets, that we are calling "Silos", for a single coin. You can split your coins up and unlike the traditional "accounts" functionality in a normal wallet these will never allow you to overspend.

In the background our development work on sidechains is continuing on track. There are various tools we use that are hard-coded to only work with a masterchain and these have almost all now been refactored to become generic and allow for seamless use across across the masterchain and all sidechains. We are now getting stuck into providing the tools that will be required to request, deploy, manage and use sidechains.

We are still working to reintegrate Aurovine into a working wallet - there are several stages to this work. First of all we will be getting the existing site up and running again and making sure that your rewards are credited to your account. After this will be a process of fixing existing issues and looking to add new functionality. This is a long term project and I'll keep you informed of its progress as always.

Team wise we have recruited a tester to come on board; I will get him to join in our communities so you can meet him; his name is Shabbir and he will bring a lot to the table in terms of improving our requirements throughout the development flow as well as the classic testing functionality and catching regressions before they get out the door. Our new developer is doing his working interview today and we're in the process of talking to a UI/UX developer to also join the team; we're growing as we getting busier and busier.

The community has continued its involvement and we have set up a community marketing team that is currently gathering ideas. We are working with a couple of you guys to refresh our social media channels and the audiocoin.eu website is having a much needed refresh.

Focusing on BPL now we have had several new NDAs come in from some big companies who are interested in making use of Blockpool technology and specifically BPL and the sidechains and smart contracts. One of these is in the Health Industry while another is in Construction. We have so many varieties of industry contacting us. Business are validating and reviewing these and going through the long process to get them over to us in development to ship. Currently BPL has 127 votes on next.exchange so can everyone get over there and vote for us: https://nextexchange.featureupvote.com/suggestions/3781/blockpool-bpl

ADC has had a quieter week than the one before as we wait for news to drop. The tie up that I announced last week with Rock Hard Music Group is ongoing and I'm talking to their technical department today to iron out the final elements of integration with their systems. We also have two exciting new projects that are in final scoping. We have also produced help files for those new to Audiocoin who are struggling with setting up their ADC Wallet. We are at 206 votes on NEXT.Exchange for ADC so please keep at that and keep voting for us there: https://nextexchange.featureupvote.com/suggestions/3808/audiocoin-adc

Next week the company is getting together in person (we are a very distributed team spread around the globe) for one of our semi-regular strategy meetings. There will be more information about this released during the week so watch this space.

Finally a big thank you to the community for your support and for spreading the word; we are on the cusp of great things and with only 23 days gone of the year the achievements we have made already would be enough for most companies in the first quarter and we've barely even started.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Sorry --- Looks like my direct link to the file was removed (fair enough!); but basically, the file labelled BPLClient.Setup.2.2.6-32bit.exe should do it...

Tom
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Hi masterslk1!

Re: the 32-bit version; the link on the Github should do it:

https://github.com/blockpool-io/BPL-desktop/releases

When I tried downloading, I got the following file:

https[Suspicious link removed]

The Blockpool download page is also here, but links to the same files (actually currently to the 2.2.5 version, but I think will be updated shortly):

https://blockpool.io/BPL_Wallet.html

... Re: adding the address to the ICO dashboard; yes --- It's actually a manual process, but Loco distributes these frequently (I think weekly) so it should be a fairly quick process to get these paid to your new address.

Tom

I run a Windows 32 bit OS, for which there does not seem to be a wallet / client.

(The 32 bit version for windows that is downloadable via github) or this forum results in a MAC OS file, which is useless for me)

And next question, when I have a client for receiving BPL tokens, when I add a BPL address in the ICO dashboard, does that automatically result in a withdrawal / send to my BPL personal wallet?

Pages:
Jump to: