Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [BTQ] BitQuark | Super secure hashing | CPU mining - page 22. (Read 162292 times)

Activity: 716
Merit: 501
Just did a fresh install of Xubuntu 14.04 and tried to compile the wallet from AutoBuild.sh. Put it in my home directory, gave it execute permissions and ran from terminal. Got as far as installing the deps, getting the code from GIT, installing libpng. But, it never sets the executable flag for build_detect_platform so make -f makefile.unix clean barfs and compilation halts. Had to manually set the executable flag and complete the rest manually.

May need to add this line of code to the AutoBuild.sh

Code:
cd src/leveldb
chmod +x build_detect_platform
./build_detect_platform build_config.mk ./
cd ..

UPDATE: Well that above code is already added lol...might need to omit this line of code

Code:
make -f makefile.unix clean
Activity: 346
Merit: 250
Just did a fresh install of Xubuntu 14.04 and tried to compile the wallet from AutoBuild.sh. Put it in my home directory, gave it execute permissions and ran from terminal. Got as far as installing the deps, getting the code from GIT, installing libpng. But, it never sets the executable flag for build_detect_platform so make -f makefile.unix clean barfs and compilation halts. Had to manually set the executable flag and complete the rest manually.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
http://lotto.ddns.net/bitquarklotto/

go try this jackpot lotto

Good to see outside development support for BitQuark.
Activity: 39
Nice!  When did that come out?  I'll buy a few tickets each week just to show support.

The blackjack club down here has drawn some interest into BTQ.  We've got maybe 4 new wallet holders because of it.  They only use it for the local blackjack tournaments, just to play around, but it's something and it's a way of getting non-miners and non-technically adept people interested into crypto-currency.

If there are at least three people in an area, set up a table in a park or common area or campus, or beach or wherever and start playing blackjack and poker for bitquark.  Sure you're just passing around a few coins between friends, but it helps draw interest from new people.

Activity: 868
Merit: 500
Activity: 350
Hi,
can i get any estimates how many btq i will mine daily on i7 4790K cpu?
thanks

I mine occasionally, mist of my btq comes from playing blackjack lol.
Hi,
thanks

How many kH/s are you mining at using the "quark" algorithm?

Here are some estimates at current difficulty of 113:

1000 kH/s  120 BTQ
725 kH/s    83 BTQ
530 kH/s    61 BTQ
280 kH/s    32 BTQ

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
BTQ Dev
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Hi,
thanks

Hopefully as time passes we can get more and more people to adopt BTQ and grow the community Smiley

That would be really good.  The problem is existing miners jump on a new coin as it comes out, mine the crap out of it to dump.  All the "hot" coins on c-cex getting a lot of attention and volume get delisted a few months later after everyone cashes out.  Really hurts the alt-coin market.

New interest in bitcoin is soft because it's been stuck in the $370 range for a while, so new interest in alt-coins is even softer.  The thing I like most about bitquark is the long term distribution.  That's why I'm sticking with it and the fact that there's a few of us using it in real life down in Florida makes it really fun.  I wish instead of that group trying to re-launch Quarkbar, they would put their efforts in bitQuark instead.  Quarkbar efforts will never go anywhere.  Scam coin to start, revived by community takeover, but slowly dying with the rest of the alt-coins.  Same with EBT, same with Karma, same with Moon, everyone should just join bitQuark. 

We have the sexiest members, the most dedicated developer, and most of us smell good too.

You are EXACTLY right about that! People are only mining these shitcoins and then cashing them out for BTC. A month later the coin dies. If exchanges would stop adding coins that don't have a legitimate use, then it would allow the real world used coins to rise. I've tried talking with the admins at C-Cex about this, but they don't want to listen cuz they are making profits from the trading. We need to put together a really big campaign to get more people on board with BTQ!!!
Hopefully as time passes we can get more and more people to adopt BTQ and grow the community Smiley

That would be really good.  The problem is existing miners jump on a new coin as it comes out, mine the crap out of it to dump.  All the "hot" coins on c-cex getting a lot of attention and volume get delisted a few months later after everyone cashes out.  Really hurts the alt-coin market.

New interest in bitcoin is soft because it's been stuck in the $370 range for a while, so new interest in alt-coins is even softer.  The thing I like most about bitquark is the long term distribution.  That's why I'm sticking with it and the fact that there's a few of us using it in real life down in Florida makes it really fun.  I wish instead of that group trying to re-launch Quarkbar, they would put their efforts in bitQuark instead.  Quarkbar efforts will never go anywhere.  Scam coin to start, revived by community takeover, but slowly dying with the rest of the alt-coins.  Same with EBT, same with Karma, same with Moon, everyone should just join bitQuark. 

We have the sexiest members, the most dedicated developer, and most of us smell good too.
Hard to believe after a year of mining we're almost at the 2 million coins mined mark.  I think I'm lucky in my area because there are a few of us who've adopted and actively use bitquark as a currency. 

We have:

The bitquark blackjack party @ Sheridan Ocean Club
TT's Organic Produce
Desilva's Photography

How about the rest of the bitquark community?  Who's actively using bitquark?

Hard to believe after a year of mining we're almost at the 2 million coins mined mark.  I think I'm lucky in my area because there are a few of us who've adopted and actively use bitquark as a currency. 

We have:

The bitquark blackjack party @ Sheridan Ocean Club
TT's Organic Produce
Desilva's Photography

How about the rest of the bitquark community?  Who's actively using bitquark?
[email protected]
Markus Tervooren
Am Steinhardt 18
44894 Bochum
Germany

Anyone know if there are any special requirements to get the bitQuark blockchain listed at bchain.info?  Sent an email, but no response yet.
I was thinking a good way to get people interested in bitquark might be maybe like a football (or any/all sports) betting pool.  If someone could create a site where we could pick a spread and the the winner gets paid the pool, minus a fee for the site expenses, that would be pretty neat.

This came up at our last bitquark blackjack tournament when we were talking about sports so I thought I'd share the idea with people here.

I will definitely see what I can put together Smiley
I was thinking a good way to get people interested in bitquark might be maybe like a football (or any/all sports) betting pool.  If someone could create a site where we could pick a spread and the the winner gets paid the pool, minus a fee for the site expenses, that would be pretty neat.

This came up at our last bitquark blackjack tournament when we were talking about sports so I thought I'd share the idea with people here.
If you have any BTQ's at http://pool.bitquark.info please withdraw them.
Thanks,
BTQ Dev
Hi. How can i increase transaction limit? I want transfer 15000 BTQ mined on p2pool with number of transaction more 26000. Of course i have problem with "Transaction too large". With coin control in wallet with quantity not more 159 need 2 week for transfer coins to other wallet  Cry. Can i have other way for transfer faster?

This is a problem with all coins and mining at p2pool. It has to do with the small "dust" transactions. The only way to fix this problem is to use coin control. It will eliminate the "Transaction Too Large" by using the Coin Control feature. I explain how to do this on the following thread. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8145545
Activity: 145
Merit: 101
Hi. How can i increase transaction limit? I want transfer 15000 BTQ mined on p2pool with number of transaction more 26000. Of course i have problem with "Transaction too large". With coin control in wallet with quantity not more 159 need 2 week for transfer coins to other wallet  Cry. Can i have other way for transfer faster?
Pages:
Jump to: