Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [BTQ] BitQuark | Super secure hashing | CPU mining - page 18. (Read 162292 times)

Activity: 346
Merit: 250

Thanks Zero!

I just released the BitQuark client update with Qt 5 support and DarkGravityWave2.  This update is a MANDATORY one! You should update your client before block 1,200,000.  The download links have been updated in the OP and on BitQuark.info

DGW2 will change the retargeting time from 20 blocks to 1 block.

https://github.com/bitquarkcoin/BitQuark-0.8.3r19
No problem! We need to rekindle interest in the coin.

So QT5 I understand. Retargeting I'm not as clear on. I'm all recompiled and distributed to all my machines but what happens if someone does not upgrade their wallet? What effect does that have on them and/or the rest of us?
Activity: 716
Merit: 501
BTQ faucet & block explorer updated to latest version.

Just donated 15,000 BTQ's to the faucet Smiley

Awesome! Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1572
Merit: 1002
Thanks! I appreciate the help. I had everything you listed already installed. I actually attempted compilation on 2 machines with the same errors, same with the precompiled version. I did manage to compile it from github on a third machine and it allowed me to run it on the originally intended machine. I think it might of been my version of boost not playing nice with the compiler..  Thanks again!

No problem! Glad you got everything worked out! Smiley
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
¡pI∀˥OOʞ ⅄ƎH
If you have trouble building the client on linux systems, just copy the code below and save it as AutoBuild.sh
Code:
# Download and Install the Latest Updates for the OS
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade -y

# Install essential packages
sudo apt-get -y install \
gcc g++ autoconf automake make git zip unzip \
qt4-qmake libqt4-dev build-essential libboost-dev libboost-system-dev libboost-filesystem-dev \
libboost-program-options-dev libboost-thread-dev libssl-dev libdb++-dev libminiupnpc-dev libprotobuf-dev \
protobuf-compiler libqrencode-dev \
\

# Get latest BitQuark source
git clone https://github.com/bitquarkcoin/BitQuark-0.8.3r19.git BTQ-r19
cd BTQ-r19

# Install libpng (Used for PHP GD Library Extension)
wget -O- http://sourceforge.net/projects/libpng/files/libpng16/older-releases/1.6.10/libpng-1.6.10.tar.gz | tar -zxf -
cd libpng-1.6.10
./configure && make && sudo make install
cd ..

# Now building bitquarkd
cd src/leveldb
chmod +x build_detect_platform
cd ..
make -f makefile.unix

# Now building bitquark-qt
cd ..
qmake "USE_QRCODE=1" "USE_UPNP=1" "USE_IPV6=1" bitquark-qt.pro
make

Then make the file executable by running
Code:
chmode +x ./AutoBuild.sh

Then just execute the file from terminal with the following command.
Code:
./AutoBuild.sh

Thanks! I appreciate the help. I had everything you listed already installed. I actually attempted compilation on 2 machines with the same errors, same with the precompiled version. I did manage to compile it from github on a third machine and it allowed me to run it on the originally intended machine. I think it might of been my version of boost not playing nice with the compiler..  Thanks again!
If you have trouble building the client on linux systems, just copy the code below and save it as AutoBuild.sh
Code:
# Download and Install the Latest Updates for the OS
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade -y

# Install essential packages
sudo apt-get -y install \
gcc g++ autoconf automake make git zip unzip \
qt4-qmake libqt4-dev build-essential libboost-dev libboost-system-dev libboost-filesystem-dev \
libboost-program-options-dev libboost-thread-dev libssl-dev libdb++-dev libminiupnpc-dev libprotobuf-dev \
protobuf-compiler libqrencode-dev \
\

# Get latest BitQuark source
git clone https://github.com/bitquarkcoin/BitQuark-0.8.3r19.git BTQ-r19
cd BTQ-r19

# Install libpng (Used for PHP GD Library Extension)
wget -O- http://sourceforge.net/projects/libpng/files/libpng16/older-releases/1.6.10/libpng-1.6.10.tar.gz | tar -zxf -
cd libpng-1.6.10
./configure && make && sudo make install
cd ..

# Now building bitquarkd
cd src/leveldb
chmod +x build_detect_platform
cd ..
make -f makefile.unix

# Now building bitquark-qt
cd ..
qmake "USE_QRCODE=1" "USE_UPNP=1" "USE_IPV6=1" bitquark-qt.pro
make

Then make the file executable by running
Code:
chmode +x ./AutoBuild.sh

Then just execute the file from terminal with the following command.
Code:
./AutoBuild.sh
I speak a bit about Bitquark at the tail end of my last interview video with Mark Dansie. This link will take you right to the spot. Feel free to use this in promoting the coin in any way you see fit.

https://youtu.be/vx609ljMhFE?t=1h7m25s

Z

Thanks Zero!

I just released the BitQuark client update with Qt 5 support and DarkGravityWave2.  This update is a MANDATORY one! You should update your client before block 1,200,000.  The download links have been updated in the OP and on BitQuark.info

DGW2 will change the retargeting time from 20 blocks to 1 block.

https://github.com/bitquarkcoin/BitQuark-0.8.3r19
Activity: 346
I speak a bit about Bitquark at the tail end of my last interview video with Mark Dansie. This link will take you right to the spot. Feel free to use this in promoting the coin in any way you see fit.

https://youtu.be/vx609ljMhFE?t=1h7m25s

Z
BitQuark 0.8.3r19 client will be released soon with DarkGravityWave2 starting at block 1,200,000. This will be a mandatory update!
How can we get more people interested in BitQuark? Any ideas??

Improving Proof of Stake for Proof of Lottery.
All who want to participate, send an amount of BitQuark, 100 BTQ maybe. Limited to one entry per Wallet.
Every 3000 blocks (about one day) by lot is chosen a participant to generate the block, and those who do win all BitQuark sent by the participants. All this in BitQuark client and the participation is only possible if the client is connected and synchronized with the network at the time of the draw. I know the PoS makes a random choice, making it easy idea to implement. You only need to implement a way to manage the participating transactions.
Sorry about my English.
Thank you for being an active developer and not abandoning the project even in times of crisis.

Not really sure how to implement that into the client, but I can do a random giveaway of 1,000 BTQ.  Just tweet your BTQ address along with this "@BitQuarkCoin BitQuark, The Faster Bitcoin YOUR_BTQ_ADDRESS"

I will select an address at random and send 1,000 BTQ's to it. I will collect the addresses from now til May 18, 2015.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
How can we get more people interested in BitQuark? Any ideas??

Improving Proof of Stake for Proof of Lottery.
All who want to participate, send an amount of BitQuark, 100 BTQ maybe. Limited to one entry per Wallet.
Every 3000 blocks (about one day) by lot is chosen a participant to generate the block, and those who do win all BitQuark sent by the participants. All this in BitQuark client and the participation is only possible if the client is connected and synchronized with the network at the time of the draw. I know the PoS makes a random choice, making it easy idea to implement. You only need to implement a way to manage the participating transactions.
Sorry about my English.
Thank you for being an active developer and not abandoning the project even in times of crisis.
Saved from delisting!!! :-D
Back on the c-cex chopping block..

Yeah I've seen that. They've upped the daily volume from 0.1 BTC to 0.2 BTC....I've explained to them that BTQ is still being mined, so volume isn't quite there yet. I'm working on a way to keep it listed. Anybody good with marketing?? We need to spread the word about the advantages of BTQ over BTC...particularly the speed of transactions compared to BTC!!!
Activity: 258
Back on the c-cex chopping block..
250 BTQ's if you add this code to your signature
Code:
[url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=468018.0][size=12pt][b][color=#FF4500]BitQuark – The Faster Bitcoin[/color][/b][/size][/url]
www.BitQuark.info | www.WeMineBTQ.com

After adding it to your signature, send me a message with your BTQ address and I'll send you 250 BTQ Smiley
WeMineBTQ.com is back up and going. I also updated it to the latest version and added the "auto create" workers so you don't have to add workers every time you add a new miner. Updated the OP for BTQ Wallet download links on Mega.co.nz
Great news! BTQ will remain on C-Cex! Smiley
Impossible download wallet from official page. Author please upload wallet to MEGA or other share.

I will upload the wallets to Mega ASAP.  In the mean time, if we can increase the volume some on C-Cex, they will keep BTQ on there.
Activity: 145
Merit: 101
Impossible download wallet from official page. Author please upload wallet to MEGA or other share.
Pages:
Jump to: