Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [BTQ] BitQuark | Super secure hashing | CPU mining - page 17. (Read 162292 times)

Activity: 114
Merit: 10
¡pI∀˥OOʞ ⅄ƎH
Has anyone tried to run ./bitquark-qt -reindex par=1? or tried loading another known working blockchain?

Yeah I've tried that with no luck. This issue really has me baffled...but I will figure it out as I am working constantly on fixing the problem!

You have been great with your support so far, so I'm sure you'll figure it out.
Activity: 716
Merit: 501
Has anyone tried to run ./bitquark-qt -reindex par=1? or tried loading another known working blockchain?

Yeah I've tried that with no luck. This issue really has me baffled...but I will figure it out as I am working constantly on fixing the problem!
¡pI∀˥OOʞ ⅄ƎH
Any progress on updates? 

I'm still at it.  I just can't figure out why this problem is only effecting the Windows build of the client.  If anybody would like to try and compile a windows version and test it on their machine, please do...any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Any progress on updates? 
I'm working on a fix for the Windows client. I've also contacted the dev of the Android client to make the necessary updates. I will keep you posted.
Activity: 868
Merit: 500
windows wallet stay 34 hours behind... connected to my server (this one is ok..) I restart it but still doesnt do anything....

it pass the 1199999 blocks cap but... still..

{
"version" : 80319,
"protocolversion" : 70001,
"walletversion" : 60000,
"balance" : 1724.55388000,
"blocks" : 1200971,
"timeoffset" : 0,
"connections" : 1,
"proxy" : "",
"difficulty" : 72.26059878,
"testnet" : false,
"keypoololdest" : 1429698377,
"keypoolsize" : 101,
"paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
"errors" : ""
}

Android wallet also stalled to block 1199999 do i have to update this one too?

Edit: there is no update available.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
I'm experiencing same not syncing problem on Win7 x64
windows wallet stay 34 hours behind... connected to my server (this one is ok..) I restart it but still doesnt do anything....

I've noticed the same problem with my windows client.  The Linux client runs OK. I will recompile the windows binary and see if I can figure out what is going wrong.
Tell me more about this Russian miner.

Also, how long will bitquark.info be off line?

Bitquark.info is back online Smiley
Activity: 346
Merit: 250
Tell me more about this Russian miner.

Also, how long will bitquark.info be off line?
¡pI∀˥OOʞ ⅄ƎH
lol, i actually kind of forgot about this coin,

i hear the new russian miner is putting up record hash rates on gpu's for this but I have not tried it

the virus total on it , in particular the fact that no source is available is a turn off for me

another issue is some guys actually reported lower hash rate with that new miner and the newer drivers ect... (on amd)   

anyway i just popped by the thread to wish you guys well, who knows i may have to dig out my wallet and build the new client and fire up the only gpu i have to check it out...

We have about 8 hrs (approx. 10 PM EST) till DGW2 kicks in!

Hi Cinnamon, they have a git repo now.

https://github.com/bitquarkcoin/BitQuark-0.8.3r19
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
lol, i actually kind of forgot about this coin,

i hear the new russian miner is putting up record hash rates on gpu's for this but I have not tried it

the virus total on it , in particular the fact that no source is available is a turn off for me

another issue is some guys actually reported lower hash rate with that new miner and the newer drivers ect... (on amd)   

anyway i just popped by the thread to wish you guys well, who knows i may have to dig out my wallet and build the new client and fire up the only gpu i have to check it out...

Thanks for the info, I accidentally powered down the bitquark.info server and that's why the images weren't showing up on the OP. Thanks again! Smiley
How can we get more people interested in BitQuark? Any ideas??

Improving Proof of Stake for Proof of Lottery.
All who want to participate, send an amount of BitQuark, 100 BTQ maybe. Limited to one entry per Wallet.
Every 3000 blocks (about one day) by lot is chosen a participant to generate the block, and those who do win all BitQuark sent by the participants. All this in BitQuark client and the participation is only possible if the client is connected and synchronized with the network at the time of the draw. I know the PoS makes a random choice, making it easy idea to implement. You only need to implement a way to manage the participating transactions.
Sorry about my English.
Thank you for being an active developer and not abandoning the project even in times of crisis.

Not really sure how to implement that into the client, but I can do a random giveaway of 1,000 BTQ.  Just tweet your BTQ address along with this "@BitQuarkCoin BitQuark, The Faster Bitcoin YOUR_BTQ_ADDRESS"

I will select an address at random and send 1,000 BTQ's to it. I will collect the addresses from now til May 18, 2015.

Still have lottery here http://lotto.ddns.net/bitquarklotto

And btqlotto's wallet is updated to 0.8.3r19

And #2: check the OP images is not showing anymore...

We have about 2 days left before DGW2 takes over! Hopefully everything will transition good Smiley IF not, revert back to version 0.8.3r18 til issue is resolved.

Thanks Zero!

I just released the BitQuark client update with Qt 5 support and DarkGravityWave2.  This update is a MANDATORY one! You should update your client before block 1,200,000.  The download links have been updated in the OP and on BitQuark.info

DGW2 will change the retargeting time from 20 blocks to 1 block.

https://github.com/bitquarkcoin/BitQuark-0.8.3r19
No problem! We need to rekindle interest in the coin.

So QT5 I understand. Retargeting I'm not as clear on. I'm all recompiled and distributed to all my machines but what happens if someone does not upgrade their wallet? What effect does that have on them and/or the rest of us?

According to the developer, "DarkGravityWave uses multiple exponential moving averages and a simple moving average to smoothly adjust the difficulty. This implementation is far more simplistic and better suited to adjust difficulty than KGW and also fixes all known exploits."

Instead of the difficulty being adjusted every 20 blocks, after block 1,200,000 the difficulty will be adjusted every block.  This will help with miners dipping in and out during low difficulty.

I agree, we need to put together a large scale BitQuark awareness campaign to spread the word about BTQ.  Get more people interested and more online shops/exchanges accepting BTQ!
Pages:
Jump to: