Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Cannacoin (CCN) | PoW->PoSV | No premine | No IPO - page 16. (Read 188638 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 500
I like Canna a lot but I don't quite grasp why I need a Canna cryptocoin Smiley
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
Are there updated wallet links for windows?  I don't mind if the blockchain is slow, I'll just use cryptochainer.  My computer doesn't like to build programs for some stupid reason so using source from git isn't an option for me Sad  I've installed VS just to be told the installation failed, I gave up after 3 attempts.

Your computer would compile if you were doing it correctly Cheesy

I wish this were the case.  Stupid thing won't even install cygwin, I'd considered using gcc for compiling but it didn't like that either.  I've named this computer "Buyer's Remorse".  It's designed more for the "wal-mart" end-user.  The issue isn't compiling, it actively refuses to install any coding software, making any form of compiling impossible.  Downloading and installing visual studio isn't exactly a challenging thing to do.  It's literally 3 clicks and waiting between the 2nd and 3rd click.  Cygwin is a bit more advanced to install, but for some stupid reason this computer is so limited that it can't even set PATH arguments.

whipe the damn thing and put a different OS on it

I've very seriously considered it.  But what I can use it for is exactly what I need, more so than coding, and I've got an ASIC on the way, which will be more focused towards mining Tongue

I produce music and video with this computer for #onemoment ARG and TEI Productions.  I'll take the hit of not being able to compile as long as my studio software still works and supports 128 tracks in 7.1 Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
https://bmy.guide
Are there updated wallet links for windows?  I don't mind if the blockchain is slow, I'll just use cryptochainer.  My computer doesn't like to build programs for some stupid reason so using source from git isn't an option for me Sad  I've installed VS just to be told the installation failed, I gave up after 3 attempts.

I wish this were the case.  Stupid thing won't even install cygwin, I'd considered using gcc for compiling but it didn't like that either.  I've named this computer "Buyer's Remorse".  It's designed more for the "wal-mart" end-user.  The issue isn't compiling, it actively refuses to install any coding software, making any form of compiling impossible.  Downloading and installing visual studio isn't exactly a challenging thing to do.  It's literally 3 clicks and waiting between the 2nd and 3rd click.  Cygwin is a bit more advanced to install, but for some stupid reason this computer is so limited that it can't even set PATH arguments.

whipe the damn thing and put a different OS on it

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
https://bmy.guide
Are there updated wallet links for windows?  I don't mind if the blockchain is slow, I'll just use cryptochainer.  My computer doesn't like to build programs for some stupid reason so using source from git isn't an option for me Sad  I've installed VS just to be told the installation failed, I gave up after 3 attempts.

Are there updated wallet links for windows?  I don't mind if the blockchain is slow, I'll just use cryptochainer.  My computer doesn't like to build programs for some stupid reason so using source from git isn't an option for me Sad  I've installed VS just to be told the installation failed, I gave up after 3 attempts.
Activity: 404
Merit: 250
RIP Phil 2015
Is there any news/update about the wallet and testnet ?
The network is really to often block/delay, and it is not a positive point for CCN
Having to wait, so long for tx sometimes is only negative for the adoption and credibility of the coin.

Looking forward for a response

I know Sub has been super busy with work, so I'll chime in. The wallet update he is working on will fix that block/delay issue and the network will run more smoothly as well. The wallet update will not happen overnight though, so give Sub some time to put everything together. There was no premine or developer fund when Cannacoin was launched, so he's pretty much working for free.

On a side note, if anyone wants to contribute time and help work on various Cannacoin projects feel free to pop in the #Cannacoin IRC channel. If anyone is good with IRC bots please PM me on bitcointalk. Thanks Smiley

Unfortunately my schedule has not allowed for much if any time dedicated to CCN. The fixes are in place and just need to be confirmed by other parties before rolling out any changes, if anyone would like to participate please find changes here: https://github.com/Cannacoin-Project/Cannacoin/tree/2.1.0.1

Activity: 49
I am trying to install and sync the Windows wallet but it says "no block source available". Any suggestions?

I was able to get the wallet synced and added Cannacoins. Thanks for the assistance.
Activity: 627
Merit: 500
Hey guys, the Cannacoin blockchain has been updated at CryptoChainer.com, current as of today, complete with multiple nodes.  It will get your wallet in sync right away.
Activity: 420
The network is really to often block/delay, and it is not a positive point for CCN
Having to wait, so long for tx sometimes is only negative for the adoption and credibility of the coin.

I know Sub has been super busy with work, so I'll chime in. The wallet update he is working on will fix that block/delay issue and the network will run more smoothly as well. The wallet update will not happen overnight though, so give Sub some time to put everything together. There was no premine or developer fund when Cannacoin was launched, so he's pretty much working for free.

On a side note, if anyone wants to contribute time and help work on various Cannacoin projects feel free to pop in the #Cannacoin IRC channel. If anyone is good with IRC bots please PM me on bitcointalk. Thanks Smiley
Activity: 27

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

try deleting everything except the wallet.dat (unless you arent using it then you can delete it) in the cannacoin directory inside of %appdata%

You can also try the sweet ass USB boot drive thing that I haven't tried out before. It's a linux distribution with Cannacoin pre-installed.

Still no luck. Keeping my coins at the exchange for now.
I am trying to install and sync the Windows wallet but it says "no block source available". Any suggestions?

Try exiting the wallet and restarting your computer... and give it some time to sync
Activity: 161
Merit: 100
gotta push it at the expo " cannabis works better with cannacoin"
Activity: 27
Good news about that expo.

On the wallet / testnet side any news ??

Keep up the good works

Activity: 404
RIP Phil 2015
will Cannacoin be present at this expo?

http://cannacon.org/seminars/seminar-schedule-2/

i think it'd be good expsure

Yes we will be in attendance at cannacon.
Activity: 430
Merit: 253
VeganAcademy
will Cannacoin be present at this expo?

http://cannacon.org/seminars/seminar-schedule-2/

i think it'd be good expsure
A quick update while I have time, still getting a testnet setup.. ran into some small hiccups but I should have things up and running soon.  I will keep everyone informed as soon as things progress, for now I've been busy with ... life.

Things are finally slowing down here. I'm looking forward to the extra time I'll have to spend on the project. Hit me up if you need anything, Sub.

Spud, hope things good bud! Cheers Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: