Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Cannacoin (CCN) | PoW->PoSV | No premine | No IPO - page 17. (Read 188638 times)

Activity: 404
Merit: 250
RIP Phil 2015
A quick update while I have time, still getting a testnet setup.. ran into some small hiccups but I should have things up and running soon.  I will keep everyone informed as soon as things progress, for now I've been busy with ... life.
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
what happened to him? i think we caught up once or twice on toketalk back in the day.

He suffered a series of heart attacks out of the blue.  He seemed perfectly healthy up until that point, I had spoken to him briefly just a week before.  He had a lot of people who loved him in his life.  Again, a remarkable man who touched many people.

It is a stern reminder that our lives on Earth are short and unpredictable, and we should cherish every moment we have with the people we love.
Activity: 430
Merit: 253
VeganAcademy
what happened to him? i think we caught up once or twice on toketalk back in the day.
legendary
Activity: 812
Hello guys,

I came here to pay some respect to my good friend Phil (rebphil).  He was a great human being and he loved crypto and cannabis.  He touched many lives and led a long and interesting computer science career!  He left his mark on Cannacoin and the community.

Cannacoin looks to be doing fantastic lately.  Glad to see the project is being maintained and updated by SubCreative and others!  

Rest in Peace Phil!
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
I'll give it a few more days and then we need to consider restarting the testnet. To make it easy I can try to handle the PoW -> PoS simulation on my own and then re-open the network once I have coins available for distribution manually and via faucets etc. Let's say... if we can't find someone by Friday I will get my hands dirty since I should have a few hours this weekend to setup the new testnet.

Side note, nice to see ya 8bit happy new year bud Smiley

Looking forward to this!

Thank you for all your efforts for our community.
legendary
Activity: 1036
https://bmy.guide
Ha you said it, just look at CANN. lol...
Activity: 161
Merit: 100
i have held on to all my CCN holdings ! the right decision indeed =)
RIP Phil 2015
I'm feeling pretty good about CCN in 2016 myself, I appreciate the new names and participation Smiley It seems the party's regrouping over here and I like it...
VeganAcademy
just created CUNTzFRzYpK9kN4Frn3HrhGXeMuCD5Ciqe real quick with -X 28, same as chinacoin if anyone is following..

everything is staking right now but i'll test it by shuffling my wallet balance around a bit after a few confirms
VeganAcademy
Hi,

the setting is
"-C
where pattern = C+what you want to find

also, u can use "-i" for case-insensitive search

Example:

Code:
vanitygen -o foundoutput.txt -i -C CANNA

hrmm yeah that was a guess of mine but

Code:
~/vanitygen$ ./vanitygen -C CANNA
./vanitygen: invalid option -- 'C'
Vanitygen 0.22 (OpenSSL 1.0.2e 3 Dec 2015)

Also tried -X C CANNA to no avail.. will take this over to the vanitygen support thread i guess.
Hi,

the setting is
"-C
where pattern = C+what you want to find

also, u can use "-i" for case-insensitive search

Example:

Code:
vanitygen -o foundoutput.txt -i -C CANNA
VeganAcademy
whats the setting to create cannacoin vanity addresses?

the vanitygen changelog specified CCN was added last year but no further details to be found anywhere.
Activity: 27
Good news that CCN keep pushing forward and on top of MJ theme market cap.
On the testnet subject would be willing to participate if I could get a Windows build

Anyway CCN looking good for 2016

All the best
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

CCN is now the marijuana coin with the largest marketcap. Nice job avoiding all the pump and dumps to maintain a good healthy price.

RIP Phil 2015
I'll give it a few more days and then we need to consider restarting the testnet. To make it easy I can try to handle the PoW -> PoS simulation on my own and then re-open the network once I have coins available for distribution manually and via faucets etc. Let's say... if we can't find someone by Friday I will get my hands dirty since I should have a few hours this weekend to setup the new testnet.

Side note, nice to see ya 8bit happy new year bud Smiley

Activity: 420
I regret to inform the Cannacoin community that one of our very own, Rebphil has passed over the holiday season. I would like to take a moment to remember an amazing soul who will forever be missed within the Cannacoin and crypto community.  I will never forget the countless hours we spent communicating via voice chat, email, skype etc. testing or reviewing code changes and geeking over crypto and the what if's of the world.  I will also never forget the time we spent together visiting last year during the holiday season when he took time out of his trip to come see me for breakfast and chat like two long life buddies.  This a person who truly believed in my dreams and devoted countless hours of time and energy helping me make them a reality, oh and thanks for the pliney reb!

While Phil was a few generations older then me, I still considered him a great friend and a young spirit who could keep up with us young guys, RIP buddy you will be missed around here.  Thanks for all the tips and tricks you handed down.

Edit: I know you finally got your garden of dreams up there Wink along with the yurt of all yurts!

I don't know rephil, but spoke to him a few times about CCN when i had the CCN pool running. I hope so, but it sounds like he had a good life! Rest in Peace!

Rebphil was a good person. I was fortunate enough to come across his path with our mutual interest in Cannacoin. He had a lot of qualities that people in the medical marijuana movement strive to obtain. Compassion, kindness, and understanding. Rest in peace, buddy
RIP Phil 2015
It looks like a few connections have hopped onto the testnet, thanks for coming to the party Wink  Still waiting on someone to show up with a wallet with coins, if not off to new simulations we go! I hope we got some people who remember what CPU mining is like out there hahah!  Also, I realize I left out a critical component to this upgrade... ignoring old nodes. Ill put in the MIN_PEER_PROTO_VERSION change before the final production release that way we don't have any crosstalk in node versions under 2.1.0.1.

For anyone wondering about actual executable wallets for the testnet, we'll be handling simulations using linux builds which each user should be able to do themselves. Again if we find struggles here I can provide a tarball since nix is the easiest build.

Note to self: keep around a testnet wallet with coins for future testing/faucets etc Cheesy
Activity: 42
bought some.  let's see what happens in march.  Grin
Activity: 161
Merit: 100
cannacoin price is heading the right direction
Pages:
Jump to: