Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Cannacoin (CCN) | PoW->PoSV | No premine | No IPO - page 20. (Read 188524 times)

Activity: 404
Merit: 250
RIP Phil 2015
Are the devs aware that the split threshold is set to 50% of the coins total supply?
This high split threshold is also why the coin is seeing only 100 or so blocks/day versus the 1440/day it should be.

I would suggest either lowering the threshold to 500 or implementing the custom threshold code from other coins like hyperstake.

Rdyoung, thanks for voicing your concerns about the network. Would you mind dropping a referencing the portion of code where you are think there might be an issue? Ill take a look and review but first Im trying to determine what "split threshold" you're talking about exactly.  If there is a problem and it needs to be fixed I can easily add an update to the next wallet release along with some other minor changes being made like 8_bit said.  

When you integrated POSv from reddcoin you left the reddcoin code untouched for the split, the split threshold is the size at which the code will split 1 output into 2 when staking. The issue here is that there is only 4.xmillion coin in circulation but the threshold was left at 2million which worked for RDDs billions.

In short the network doesn't have enough inputs trying to stake, therefore there will be times when no inputs are mature enough to stake and no blocks can be staked. It also doesn't matter if someone manually splits up their balance into a bunch of smaller inputs in attempt to push the network, eventually those inputs will get combined into 1 larger block.

Here is the relevant code in wallet.cpp
// we split the coinstake output in two to avoid concentrating
// too many coins in one output. currently almost always split.
unsigned int nStakeSplitAge = 45 * 24 * 60 * 60; // 45 days
// avoid concentrated transactions. on average, each block contains:
// generated interest  ~= 27b * 5% / 365 / 1440 ~= 2.5k
// corresponding stake ~= 27b / 365 / 1440 ~= 50k
// optimally each output stakes once every week so 50k * 52 = 2.6m
// but only a fraction of the total money supply is staked on the network
int64 nStakeCombineThreshold = 2000000 * COIN;

I was looking above at the nStakeSplitAge thinking this is what you were referring to... I now see exactly what you're talking about in regards to the math here on the combine threshold.  This is something we will for sure fix in the next release, I knew there was a good reason to give us a window to collective user feedback and pull requests from the community before pushing our next wallet.  The next changes going in were minor so this gives us an opportunity to do some refactoring and fix some genuine issues in network.  Good find, kudos to you Rd.
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
Are the devs aware that the split threshold is set to 50% of the coins total supply?
This high split threshold is also why the coin is seeing only 100 or so blocks/day versus the 1440/day it should be.

I would suggest either lowering the threshold to 500 or implementing the custom threshold code from other coins like hyperstake.

Rdyoung, thanks for voicing your concerns about the network. Would you mind dropping a referencing the portion of code where you are think there might be an issue? Ill take a look and review but first Im trying to determine what "split threshold" you're talking about exactly.  If there is a problem and it needs to be fixed I can easily add an update to the next wallet release along with some other minor changes being made like 8_bit said.  

When you integrated POSv from reddcoin you left the reddcoin code untouched for the split, the split threshold is the size at which the code will split 1 output into 2 when staking. The issue here is that there is only 4.xmillion coin in circulation but the threshold was left at 2million which worked for RDDs billions.

In short the network doesn't have enough inputs trying to stake, therefore there will be times when no inputs are mature enough to stake and no blocks can be staked. It also doesn't matter if someone manually splits up their balance into a bunch of smaller inputs in attempt to push the network, eventually those inputs will get combined into 1 larger block.

Here is the relevant code in wallet.cpp
// we split the coinstake output in two to avoid concentrating
// too many coins in one output. currently almost always split.
unsigned int nStakeSplitAge = 45 * 24 * 60 * 60; // 45 days
// avoid concentrated transactions. on average, each block contains:
// generated interest  ~= 27b * 5% / 365 / 1440 ~= 2.5k
// corresponding stake ~= 27b / 365 / 1440 ~= 50k
// optimally each output stakes once every week so 50k * 52 = 2.6m
// but only a fraction of the total money supply is staked on the network
int64 nStakeCombineThreshold = 2000000 * COIN;
RIP Phil 2015

legendary

Hey, the network has been much better over the past week. I'm getting lots of stakes. I think there is a new wallet release coming down the line. I'm sure the dev will look into this. Thanks for the input rdyoung : ) welcome to the ccn forums

Thanks for the welcome.

I bring it up because POTcoin faces the same issue and the devs refuse to release an updated wallet. I am 90% responsible for keeping POTcoin at the 2160 blocks/day with a wallet I created to do so. I have considered doing the same with Cannacoin but do not want to waste my time on a coin if the devs arent aware and responsive to issues such as this. You can't have a coin that is used by merchants if you have regular blocks with hours between them.
Activity: 420

Hey, the network has been much better over the past week. I'm getting lots of stakes. I think there is a new wallet release coming down the line. I'm sure the dev will look into this. Thanks for the input rdyoung : ) welcome to the ccn forums
legendary

Activity: 153
Merit: 102
Contact the pool owner, we don't have any affiliation or contacts to help you out there.  Regarding the client, yup you're all good to go.

Will do. No big deal really. I thought my wallet was on the wrong chain. Good to know its not. Thanks

Matthaggie, I think you're looking at CANN (CannabisCoin) at suprnova.cc, and this is CCN (CannaCoin). Very similar in name and theme but otherwise very different coins and development teams.

Uggh, you might be right.
RIP Phil 2015
Contact the pool owner, we don't have any affiliation or contacts to help you out there.  Regarding the client, yup you're all good to go.

Will do. No big deal really. I thought my wallet was on the wrong chain. Good to know its not. Thanks

Matthaggie, I think you're looking at CANN (CannabisCoin) at suprnova.cc, and this is CCN (CannaCoin). Very similar in name and theme but otherwise very different coins and development teams.

Ahh makes sense, I see now. Common confusion in name but far from the same coin like Stoner said Smiley Listen to this guy he's an official stoner, they will tell you what's up haha!
Activity: 752
Merit: 500

Contact the pool owner, we don't have any affiliation or contacts to help you out there.  Regarding the client, yup you're all good to go.

RIP Phil 2015
Contact the pool owner, we don't have any affiliation or contacts to help you out there.  Regarding the client, yup you're all good to go.
If anything its likely a payout mining that happens via mining other coins and trading on the exchange for payouts to "miners". It's a round about way of mining for those networks who no longer actually have a proof of work ability.
I mined on there for 2 days and didn't receive 1 coin, curious. I have the 2.0.0.1 wallet, Is that up to date?
RIP Phil 2015
If anything its likely a payout mining that happens via mining other coins and trading on the exchange for payouts to "miners". It's a round about way of mining for those networks who no longer actually have a proof of work ability.
What happened to 12.5 , no halving? .. Its less than 1 now

The network is no longer in a Proof-of-Work phase, after about 8-9 months we transitioned to proof-of-stake which is an interest based reward system.

Suprnova is still mining? why is that
RIP Phil 2015

The network is no longer in a Proof-of-Work phase, after about 8-9 months we transitioned to proof-of-stake which is an interest based reward system.
RIP Phil 2015
Like hybrid said, welcome! Come join us on IRC, we're always online to chat and are always looking for new face interested in participating in the movement!  Are you a trader? coder? artist? What gets you interested in crypto and especially the marriage of crypto and cannabis? Cheers!
Activity: 943
Merit: 783
In Memory of Zepher
never heard of this coin til I saw the ad on cryptsy. I think that advertising works. It worked on me, so I am buying figuring it will work on others to lol. Good job actually promoting your coin! (something so many devs forget all about)

welcome aboard bigdoge.  the coin stays pretty active on IRC chat if you want to join us at #cannacoin on freenode. 
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
never heard of this coin til I saw the ad on cryptsy. I think that advertising works. It worked on me, so I am buying figuring it will work on others to lol. Good job actually promoting your coin! (something so many devs forget all about)
Pages:
Jump to: