Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Cannacoin (CCN) | PoW->PoSV | No premine | No IPO - page 42. (Read 188668 times)

Activity: 297
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Help!!! Coin now only POS no mining?

VirusIEP: You can mine on the multipools, http://bemining.net/ offers a nice array of mining ports for x11, scrypt, and sha256 with CCN payouts

We also have a dedicated multipool at http://ccn.multipoolmining.com/ that also supports x11, scrypt, and sha256

thanks. i work this pool - ccn.binpool.com. but wallet on this and other pool not work

Yes, Cannacoin developers have transitioned the network from Proof-of-Work to Proof-of-Stake Velocity since 2 days ago.

If you have any coins on ccn.binpool.com, you'll need to contact the pool admin.
Activity: 135
Admin BinPool.com

VirusIEP: You can mine on the multipools, http://bemining.net/ offers a nice array of mining ports for x11, scrypt, and sha256 with CCN payouts

We also have a dedicated multipool at http://ccn.multipoolmining.com/ that also supports x11, scrypt, and sha256

thanks. i work this pool - ccn.binpool.com. but wallet on this and other pool not work
legendary
Thanks gnargnar for looking out.  Monkeynutz was fishing for victims in many coin threads.  

Always remember to ONLY download the wallet software from the links in the Original Post or from http://cannacoin.cc/

Cheers,
Patrick
legendary
Activity: 1080
Merit: 1055
DEV of DeepOnion community pool
Hey --> http://ccn.multipoolmining.com/ --> how about a payout?  Sad  CWFoT7Qp4c1SgrckdJEbbvHyjmJqtwYYRH

working on it.. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1111
crypto-enthusiast since 2012
DO NOT DOWLOAD THE WINDOWS WALLET LINK FROM THE POST ABOVE MADE BY Monkeynutz.
IT IS A VIRUS.

remove his post please.
moderator mprep have been pm'ed. He was reported

Edit : link got removed here. Thanks  Smiley
Activity: 297
Hey --> http://ccn.multipoolmining.com/ --> how about a payout?  Sad  CWFoT7Qp4c1SgrckdJEbbvHyjmJqtwYYRH
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
I will be bringing some hash power over to some of the multipools shortly Cheesy
legendary

legendary
I have used over 20 different coin wallet QT's including all the previous CCN PoW QT's, both Windows and Linux, and have been always been able to zero a wallet, yes, it can take some finessing and be tricky, but it can be done.

With the current version it is not possible or at least I have not figured out how to do it.

Not a big issue really, just annoys me.

My normal routine is to copy and paste the total into the 'Amount' box, and hit send. The wallet will ask if you are sure you want to send the coins, and click 'Yes'. If there is a 'Transaction Fee', it will generate a Tx fee amount and ask you if you want to pay the Tx Fee, if you click 'Yes', it will return an 'Insufficient Funds' error obviously. But I click 'Cancel'. I then subtract the Tx fee from the wallet total, hit send, confirm, and confirm I will pay the Tx fee and the transfer is made and you have a 'zero' balance.

Have done it hundreds of times on dozens of wallets when I am consolidating coins from my network of mining rigs and nodes which can be up to 10 or more individual wallets that were used for a mining session.

Yeah I think I just never cared about those little left over altcoin bits so I never tried.  Anyways, I was able to send almost all the coins without doing anything special but I was having a hard time getting that last .002  Angry .  I will play around with Coin Control/console later because I think that's the ticket.

Cheers
Activity: 135
Admin BinPool.com
Activity: 672
I have used over 20 different coin wallet QT's including all the previous CCN PoW QT's, both Windows and Linux, and have been always been able to zero a wallet, yes, it can take some finessing and be tricky, but it can be done.

With the current version it is not possible or at least I have not figured out how to do it.

Not a big issue really, just annoys me.

My normal routine is to copy and paste the total into the 'Amount' box, and hit send. The wallet will ask if you are sure you want to send the coins, and click 'Yes'. If there is a 'Transaction Fee', it will generate a Tx fee amount and ask you if you want to pay the Tx Fee, if you click 'Yes', it will return an 'Insufficient Funds' error obviously. But I click 'Cancel'. I then subtract the Tx fee from the wallet total, hit send, confirm, and confirm I will pay the Tx fee and the transfer is made and you have a 'zero' balance.

Have done it hundreds of times on dozens of wallets when I am consolidating coins from my network of mining rigs and nodes which can be up to 10 or more individual wallets that were used for a mining session.

legendary
Gentlemen,

Thanks for the prompt reply!

All the funds were in my 'Balance'. And close enough is not good enough...  Wink

And I had thought about the using keys. This is the first time I have not been able to zero a wallet with CCN or any other coin I have or had.

Just letting you know what I found.

Thanks!

I'm going to test out zero'ing a wallet and post my results, thanks 24Kilo!

From my experience, zero'ing a wallet has been an issue with every QT Wallet I can remember using....
Particularly when there are transaction size fees involved... So it's not unique to the CannaCoin Wallet.

It would definitely be great to see some type of 'Send All' functionality available.
E.g., Click on the Available Balance amount populates the Send & Fee amounts.

I just tested and sure enough I was able to send all of the coins out of a wallet down to 0.002 CCN remaining in the Balance

Fred is right, zero'ing a QT wallet is difficult and is something I've not successfully done with any QT to my recollection, but I don't have any problem zeroing a wallet on Blockchain.info or exchanges.  This is worth exploring for sure the idea of a 'send all' in the QT

Activity: 436
Gentlemen,

All the funds were in my 'Balance'. And close enough is not good enough...  Wink

And I had thought about the using keys. This is the first time I have not been able to zero a wallet with CCN or any other coin I have or had.

Thanks!

From my experience, zero'ing a wallet has been an issue with every QT Wallet I can remember using....
Particularly when there are transaction size fees involved... So it's not unique to the CannaCoin Wallet.

It would definitely be great to see some type of 'Send All' functionality available.
E.g., Click on the Available Balance amount populates the Send & Fee amounts.

legendary
Gentlemen,

Thanks!

By chance, were those coins Generated ?  If they were look, in your transactions and make sure those coins have been completely confirmed at 70 confirmations.   Staking can tie up coins, so if you try to zero the balance of wallet that recently Generated a staked transaction, some coins can be tied up.

*edit* I see you said they were indeed in your balance Smiley
Gentlemen,

All the funds were in my 'Balance'. And close enough is not good enough...  Wink

Thanks!
Activity: 404
RIP Phil 2015
An alternative to emptying a wallet is to send coins to one address in your wallet and dump the private key that matches the public key.  Then you can take your private key and import it into a new wallet.

Go to Help ---> Debug Window ----> Console ----> Type 'help' ----> Look for 'dumpprivkey' and 'importprivkey' commands
legendary
To the Dev Team -

There seems to be two issues with the wallet -

1. When receiving a payment from another wallet, the coins are shown on the 'Overview' page as part of the 'Balance' in spite of not being confirmed instead of showing as 'Unconfirmed' until there are 6(from memory) confirms and the coins become available to spend.

2. It seems that you are unable to 'zero' a wallet, meaning that you cannot empty a wallet completely by transferring all CCN from the wallet. Example - in one of my wallets, I have a balance of '173.60350537 CCN'... if I try to send that amount, I get an 'Insufficient Funds' error message. There is no message regarding a 'Transaction Fee', even if I specify a 'Transaction Fee' and deduct it from the balance, I will still get an 'Insufficient Funds' error. I have tested this on several wallets with different balances and have not been able to 'zero' any wallet.

Thanks!

Hey 24Kilo,

1. Only 3 confirmations are required for transactions to be confirmed in the new PoSV wallet.  Generated coins require 70 confirmations before they are confirmed. 

2. It's always difficult to zero a wallet because of fees, however, I have definitely been able to get close with the new wallet.

Are those Funds in your balance or in your stake pool?  If you have the wallet unlocked for staking and those coins are put into your "stake" then they are not available for sending.
To the Dev Team -

There seems to be two issues with the wallet -

1. When receiving a payment from another wallet, the coins are shown on the 'Overview' page as part of the 'Balance' in spite of not being confirmed instead of showing as 'Unconfirmed' until there are 6(from memory) confirms and the coins become available to spend.

2. It seems that you are unable to 'zero' a wallet, meaning that you cannot empty a wallet completely by transferring all CCN from the wallet. Example - in one of my wallets, I have a balance of '173.60350537 CCN'... if I try to send that amount, I get an 'Insufficient Funds' error message. There is no message regarding a 'Transaction Fee', even if I specify a 'Transaction Fee' and deduct it from the balance, I will still get an 'Insufficient Funds' error. I have tested this on several wallets with different balances and have not been able to 'zero' any wallet.

Thanks!
Activity: 404
RIP Phil 2015

I just recently updated my wallet from an old one that I had in cold storage way back when I mined CCN in March. 

I wanted to check out this "staking" feature, so after updating, I unlocked it for staking purposes.

The 25k CCN are now in the "stake" category and are no longer listed as part of my "balance".

When I lock the wallet again, close it and then re-open it, my balance is at less than 1 CCN, my 25k are under "stake" and the "total" is my 25k plus whatever is listed in the "balance".

Does this mean I can't send any of the 25k CCN that's sitting under the stake category to another wallet? 
Can I move these 25k from "stake" so they sit again in my "balance"?  If so, how can I do that?

Excuse me for sounding so dense, but what exactly happened to my 25k CCN?

It is also possible to reserve a balance from staking, the available command is reserverbalance=25000 for instance.. You can add this at startup or in your cannacoin.conf file and these coins will be reserved and will not stake.
Pages:
Jump to: