Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Cannacoin (CCN) | PoW->PoSV | No premine | No IPO - page 49. (Read 188524 times)

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

If POS is not designed to reward stakeholders, then why did cann even include it, and why in gawds earth did they choose the worst POS ago (POSV) at the lowest percent!??! @Canndevs: dont even bother.

To answer your questions: My POS wallets are unlocked 24/7

Vegas

This is CCN, you've got the wrong coin.  

No  confusion here. Im talking about CCN cannacoin. See quote below from Cannacoin (user):

Seems clear to me.

Quote from: Cannacoin on November 21, 2014, 07:40:35 AM
Announcements: Finalized POSV Details & release announcement.

Checking in to provide some details on the transition proof-of-stake...  We are in the processes of completing Mac, Windows and Linux builds and will have downloads targeted for release Monday.

The details for the new PoSV network will be as follows:

1) 2% Annual Network Staking Interest
2) Coinstake maturity after 70 confirmation
3) 3 Confirms for standard transactions
4) LAST POW BLOCK = 370,000

This update will be a HARDFORK release, ALL clients must be updated PRIOR to block 370,000 in order for you to secure your funds on the CCN network.  Please check in regularly in the coming weeks as we move through this transition, there may be important announcements or updates requiring action on your behalf.

Along with the updates we have launched a brand new test network that will provide a simulation of the CCN network for development purposes, this will be accessible at startup using the -testnet flag and will be baked into the original Cannacoin QT/Daemon (no need to download another client). We are also planning a secondary faucet to be utilized for acquiring a good sum of testnet coins for testing & development.

The new code is available for peer review on github, we will be merging this repository into the main Cannacoin repository as a new branch upon release for proper maintainability and historical reference to older versions of the codebase.

https://github.com/Cannacoin-Project/ccn-redd/

Final note, for anyone with questions about "how does the new network work?" we are planning a release of a completed Cannacoin FAQ with lots of details pertaining to the new proof-of-stake model, I should have this completed within the coming days. The FAQ covers a lot of the common questions as well as providing some technical insight into the inner workings of proof-of-stake with velocity.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

I like that many of the people involved in this coin post pictures of themselves. They aren't trying to hide anonymously and start a new coin like most other devs. They did Proof-of-Developer the proper way. They just posted pics of themselves!

Activity: 210
Merit: 101
Hello everyone!

I'm happy to inform you that Cannacoin has been added to Altcoin.Center's high availability addnode seed network.

The network currently has four DDoS protected nodes and more will be added shortly.

The servers can be reached at the addresses:

addnode=seeds.altcoin.center
addnode=seeds.altcoincenter.eu
addnode=seeds.altcoincenter.us

Yours,

Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center

added!!!

staring to get some coins

CH1N7qAPCBBmLAhnzf6CCFvzHHDhxMSmtT

thanks!

Good to hear it's working for you! =)

Yours,

Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center
legendary

CannaCoin is looking really good. I did some research and from what I found, CCN has the connections to do something huge in this industry.

This is the #1 crypto in this niche market but not highly valued yet. Right now is an amazing time to get in if you don't have any CCN. CCN price dropped 80% so grab lots of them today and get active in the community.

This is the "marijuana coin" for everyone to get behind. 0% premine. No ICO. No manual coin swap scam (a.k.a. devs steal coins from everyone and then gives some back). No instamine. Multiple devs. Third party support. And best of all, the marketcap is like that of a brand new coin.

legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
I just want to add my 2 cents. I held 500,000 reddcoin when it switched over to posv, and I want to say it was the WORST proof of stake system EVER. With over 500,000 reddcoin I was averaging 15 coins a month reward. Guys if this is ANYTHING like the Posv of Reddcoin , you will be HORRIBLY dissapointed. Trust me, Im not new to pos coins, and I hold large amounts of every pos coin you can imagine, and even have a website dedicated to it. http://bitcoinlasvegas.net/category/highest-percent-proof-of-stake-coins/

500,000k reddcoin is only 0.002% of the Reddcoin network.  That's why you got such low rewards.

#1: The point of POSV is for securing the network for the future and not for rewarding people with thousands of new coins everyday for doing no work.  That will compound the centralization of coins and network distribution very quickly.

#2: Proof-of-stake Velocity is hardly different in real terms from proof-of-stake 2.0 under Blackcoin.  Blackcoin has a 1% interest rate and yet the coin has maintained value and network security, along with a strong community.

#3: If you want to acquire more Cannacoins, then you mine other coins and purchase CCN... such as a multipool like Blackcoin and Reddcoin both have.  We plan to setup a multipool down the road specifically for Cannacoin, but in the mean-time you can simply purchase CCN.

#4 Thanks for your input

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
programming never gets boring...
Hello everyone!

I'm happy to inform you that Cannacoin has been added to Altcoin.Center's high availability addnode seed network.

The network currently has four DDoS protected nodes and more will be added shortly.

Yours,

Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center

added!!!

staring to get some coins

CH1N7qAPCBBmLAhnzf6CCFvzHHDhxMSmtT

thanks!
Activity: 943
Merit: 783
In Memory of Zepher

If POS is not designed to reward stakeholders, then why did cann even include it, and why in gawds earth did they choose the worst POS ago (POSV) at the lowest percent!??! @Canndevs: dont even bother.

Vegas

This is CCN, you've got the wrong coin. 
legendary
Is there something actually wrong with PoSV? 2% interested stake per year is fine with me.
legendary

Vegas
Activity: 368
Merit: 250
I just want to add my 2 cents. I held 500,000 reddcoin when it switched over to posv, and I want to say it was the WORST proof of stake system EVER. With over 500,000 reddcoin I was averaging 15 coins a month reward. Guys if this is ANYTHING like the Posv of Reddcoin , you will be HORRIBLY dissapointed. Trust me, Im not new to pos coins, and I hold large amounts of every pos coin you can imagine, and even have a website dedicated to it. http://bitcoinlasvegas.net/category/highest-percent-proof-of-stake-coins/

Thoughts;

At 2% I don't believe the goal was to reward holders as much as stabilize the influx of coins and the blockchain.

Did you leave your wallet online (staking) 24/7 ?

The following text is from github:

"It's easiest to think about this in terms of a lottery. Everyone with reddcoins has many "lottery tickets." Approximately every minute, one lottery ticket is chosen, and whoever wins gets awarded newly created coins. If you have reddcoins in your wallet, you have some lottery tickets. Whoever has the most lottery tickets has the best chance of winning. To enter the lottery just make sure your wallet is staking, and it will enter the drawing for you every minute."

I think the Reddcoin circulation is almost 30 billion?  If so, 500k is not that large of a position…meaning others will have a better chance in the lottery.

It may have balanced out more towards the 5% Reddcoin goal (I think) over the long haul?
legendary
Activity: 210
Merit: 101
Hello everyone!

Yours,

Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center
Activity: 368

Oh my. I thought I had enough CCN but maybe I want even more now.

What is going to be the new total coin count once PoW is over?

POSV switches at Block 370,000 which will leave us with 4,625,000 coins mined under Proof-of-Work (12.5 CCN x 370,000)

Cool

Sweet!  Better pick-up a few more.  Wink

Any estimate as to when that block will come?
Activity: 404
RIP Phil 2015

POSV switches at Block 370,000 which will leave us with 4,625,000 coins mined under Proof-of-Work (12.5 CCN x 370,000)

Cool
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
Spent my cryptsy points on this vote. A good reason to spend them I may add!

legendary

Activity: 943
Merit: 783
In Memory of Zepher
Voted and spent all my cryptsypoints on it.  Cryptsy loves coins with innovative features, I'll send a tweet their way also. 
Activity: 404
RIP Phil 2015
Cryptsy has added Cannacoin (CCN) to the coinvote list.

https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes/
Activity: 47
Merit: 0

CannaCoin  has today been added to kinkypool

www.kinkypool.com

Twitter @kinkypool

CannaCoin   stratum+tcp://kinkypool.com:6048

Your username is your wallet address and your password can be anything....
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

I guess the function for figuring out coin age should be some where in the code if it is open for public viewing. Beyond me, but it would seem easy to "game" the system

The code is there to see... you can attempt to "game the system" but in order to game the system you have to make a compromise which is that you have to stop staking in order to try and stake more coins in the future.

I think the best way to "game" the system is to move the coins every 45 days.  Just send all your coins from one wallet to another to reset the coin age. 

The amount of time it would take to analyze the function and figure out a function to game the existing function would take so much time and energy it would hardly be economical.

Regardless, the protocol is still very young and it's entirely possible in 6 months we will update the protocol with more advanced features and refined parameters.
Pages:
Jump to: