Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Cannacoin (CCN) | PoW->PoSV | No premine | No IPO - page 47. (Read 188524 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Windows Wallet Link at dropbox is infected?
My scanner says malware or something...  Huh
https://www.dropbox.com/s/98l76y819z6udm4/Cannacoin-Qt%20PoSV%20%28Win32%29.zip?dl=0

Need the new wallet!
Activity: 420
very nioce! cannacoin development team is pretty dedicated.

happy thanksgiving guys.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
https://bmy.guide

looks great
legendary
Activity: 812
If anyone wants to run a testnet node, you are welcome, just create a second Cannacoin shortcut and add -testnet after the quotes, like this:

Activity: 404
RIP Phil 2015
Cannacoin-QT PoSV v2.0.0.1 Released for Mac & Linux

New wallets for Mac and Linux are tested and available for download!  As planned the transition/hardfork to proof-of-stake is scheduled for block 370,000. Please make sure you update as soon as possible and as always BACKUP your wallet.dat!

RIP Phil 2015
Announcement 11/28: Cannacoin-Qt PoSV Win32 wallet available.

Cannacoin-Qt PoSV Win32 2.0.0.1
SHASUM: b5da13a6976c097b8a7cbe03fa997f50e540ef75
MD5: 7336925beb0c381bf21b9ab9ee287215

Note: Please make sure you update as soon as possible and as always BACKUP your wallet.dat!

Also, if you are experiencing any issues with any of the Qt wallet builds please let the CCN team know so we can investigate any build problems.
Special thanks to Razerglass for helping to get the Win client compiled for us :-)
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Happy thanksgiving everyone.

I for one am thankful for this beautiful world of crypto and all that it has to offer.

This is going to be interesting to watch alt coins traverse through the holiday seasons. I know there is many new exciting things right around the corner for many of us and eagerly await.

Everyone needs to be constantly talking at dinner about crypto. This is a chance to take that 1 person who's into it and get some other family members into it. I have already turned my Uncle into a trader. Traders are probably the worst thing to bring into the scene but whatever.

Activity: 119
Happy thanksgiving everyone.

I for one am thankful for this beautiful world of crypto and all that it has to offer.

This is going to be interesting to watch alt coins traverse through the holiday seasons. I know there is many new exciting things right around the corner for many of us and eagerly await.
legendary
Activity: 1036
https://bmy.guide
CannaCoin is rare. I could see 1 coin being valuable.

The value you're seeing in each coin (currently ~4k satoshi) is directly tied to the planned scarcity or "rarity" of CCN's protocol/supply, just take a look a bitcoin and ask yourself... "Why would Satoshi Nakamoto only create 21 million coins when he started BTC?". The answer is that each coin is almost infinitely divisible (0.00000001) which in turn allows for a frictionless currency that can acquire much more value with a limited supply then a lot of theses over inflated currencies/crypto coins with millions or billions being mined and in circulation (think federal reserve or even DOGE). These coins with an over abundance will have a hard time playing supply/demand when their networks are over-saturated with supply and lack the demand (or future demands) to play keep up. Think about it this way, each coin is made up of 100,000,000 (100 million individual units) satoshi's.. that's a lot of currency for each unit (1 coin).

Cannacoin will have even LESS coins than bitcoin will once mining finishes Smiley
RIP Phil 2015

The value you're seeing in each coin (currently ~4k satoshi) is directly tied to the planned scarcity or "rarity" of CCN's protocol/supply, just take a look a bitcoin and ask yourself... "Why would Satoshi Nakamoto only create 21 million coins when he started BTC?". The answer is that each coin is almost infinitely divisible (0.00000001) which in turn allows for a frictionless currency that can acquire much more value with a limited supply then a lot of theses over inflated currencies/crypto coins with millions or billions being mined and in circulation (think federal reserve or even DOGE). These coins with an over abundance will have a hard time playing supply/demand when their networks are over-saturated with supply and lack the demand (or future demands) to play keep up. Think about it this way, each coin is made up of 100,000,000 (100 million individual units) satoshi's.. that's a lot of currency for each unit (1 coin).

With our transition to proof-of-stake demand can easily rise and justify increases in price due to an even more limited supply of 2% annual interest going forward. The move also removes aspects of centralization in mining and opens up many more possibilities for broader network security not to mention simply allowing anyone with coin to now participate in earning CCN.

I knew when creating CCN that a decision to limit the supply would/could dramatically reflect in the overall marketcap and could potentially limit our audience who purely base investments on a coins a coins marketcap however, on the flip side I also strongly believe that current models of "marketcap" are a total fallacy in crypto and feel our goal in the ecosphere is much more long term oriented and follows the supply philosophy that less is more. This longer term vision of ours is what will allow us to continue to drive value to our coin/network over time which in turn will help everyone see the same value you see and make us all happy campers am I right?  Cool

Tokes up,
Sub
12 days of PoW mining left.

Price is on the rise today.
Activity: 420
WOW

CannaCoin forum is really active today.

This is a quality coin. Do some research and you will see. If you're looking to get involved in a marijuana coin then this is an obvious choice. I love that the price is still low. It gives new users a chance to buy a substantial sum of coins for $10 and be active in the community.

I agree!
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004
What are the rules on growing in WA?

So you can sell to anyone over 21... but who is allowed to grow and what are they allowed to grow?

The rules are vague right now for individuals growing in Washington.  Regular non-medical citizens cannot grow under current WA recreational laws. Small medical growers are protected under medical laws and Seattle has some if it's own regulations as well to protect recreational and medical users.  For recreational growing, you need to have a producers license to grow in Washington under I-502.  

Where I live, in Portland Oregon, it is now legal for all citizens over 21 to grow 4 plants.

Our team is strongly associated with medical and recreational participants in both Washington and Oregon.

Part of the reason Cannacoin has not focused on trying to get into dispensaries is because the laws are not favorable to do so right now.  Most dispensaries that are raided by Federal agencies are charged with financial crimes, not drug-related crimes.  We believe that building infrastructure, improving the protocol, and building platforms that people will use is the best use of resources for our team at this moment in time.

However, we would encourage others to do whatever they believe is good for Cannacoin and approaching dispensaries is one way to do it.  Now that recreational is legal in Oregon, this opens up a lot of doors for Cannacoin and our team.  

I love Oregon. I have no idea why the # of people living in South Oregon is so small. I kind of want to move there now and get 4 plants going on. I bet I can get a a large piece of land down there. Klamath Falls, OR looks like an amazing place to live. They even have a Amtrak line.

Oregon has nice weather. I just remembered that Oregon has no taxes and gas is cheap.

legendary
Activity: 812

So you can sell to anyone over 21... but who is allowed to grow and what are they allowed to grow?

The rules are vague right now for individuals growing in Washington.  Regular non-medical citizens cannot grow under current WA recreational laws. Small medical growers are protected under medical laws and Seattle has some if it's own regulations as well to protect recreational and medical users.  For recreational growing, you need to have a producers license to grow in Washington under I-502.  

Where I live, in Portland Oregon, it is now legal for all citizens over 21 to grow 4 plants.

Our team is strongly associated with medical and recreational participants in both Washington and Oregon.

Part of the reason Cannacoin has not focused on trying to get into dispensaries is because the laws are not favorable to do so right now.  Most dispensaries that are raided by Federal agencies are charged with financial crimes, not drug-related crimes.  We believe that building infrastructure, improving the protocol, and building platforms that people will use is the best use of resources for our team at this moment in time.

However, we would encourage others to do whatever they believe is good for Cannacoin and approaching dispensaries is one way to do it.  Now that recreational is legal in Oregon, this opens up a lot of doors for Cannacoin and our team.  
legendary

legendary
The CCN team is also doing an amazing job with the developer work for SolarCoin's move to PoSV as well. Part of the reason I chose to invest in CCN months and months ago was precisely because of their openness, community focus and overall management style. In terms of their work for SLR, they have gone above and beyond while proving their ability to be very professional in their business dealings.

Anyone not investing in this coin is going to miss out on what I believe to be a big winner in this space.

Love you guys.  Kiss

I'm starting to think I should buy another $10 worth of CCN.

LOL. I was thinking just that same thing!
The CCN team is also doing an amazing job with the developer work for SolarCoin's move to PoSV as well. Part of the reason I chose to invest in CCN months and months ago was precisely because of their openness, community focus and overall management style. In terms of their work for SLR, they have gone above and beyond while proving their ability to be very professional in their business dealings.

Anyone not investing in this coin is going to miss out on what I believe to be a big winner in this space.

Love you guys.  Kiss

I'm starting to think I should buy another $10 worth of CCN.
Activity: 406

Love you guys.  Kiss
Pages:
Jump to: